Keeping the Trophy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her eyes got wide and panicky "Jim don't say those things, I love you and want to be married to you forever. I don't feel anything for Will past a school girl memory of having a high school crush. I just didn't think and made a mistake, please don't end our marriage because I had a stupid laps in judgment, please don't!"

"All right, the second option is we come to an understanding as to what our problems and expectations are. If we need to we can go to counseling when we get home. Looking back I can see how this episode is partially my fault. I should have been more in tune to your needs but you need to understand that you have really hurt me and frankly I don't have the trust in you that I had two days ago. It's going to take a while to rebuild that trust and it may never get back to where it was."

"I vote for the second option" she said somberly, "that is if my vote counts."

"This isn't an issue up for a vote. It's entirely your decision to make and what I want really doesn't matter. It's what you want that matters. My only position on this is that you can't have both, I will not allow that. One other thing I need to say before you decide what you want to do. Should you decide that you want to stay married you need to understand that in the future if anything like this ever happens again there will be no discussing it, no second chances, no reconciliations, we are through. Am I perfectly clear on this?"

"Yes, perfectly."

Externally I was as calm as the eye of a storm but inside my guts were churning like the storm was here and in full song. She had already indicated her choice but I had given my wife an ultimatum and in the past she had not reacted well to ultimatums. Quite frankly I would be destroyed if she decided that she did after all want to go her own way but I hadn't left any room for negotiation.

"Well Lyn, what's it to be?"

"Jesus Jim, do you really have to ask? Of course I want to stay married. I love and have always loved you. Like I said before, I let a bunch of little shit get to me and had a lapse in judgment and made a mistake. There are penalties for making mistakes and I accept that I will have to pay the price of those penalties. So be it." Then she reached across the table and squeezed my hand as she gave me a hopeful smile

Her smile ended the storm that had raged in me for the past few days and the sun shone into to my soul. I still wasn't happy about what happened and even worse, what I felt might have happened had I not been there to stop it, but I could deal with that. Also, logically, I either accepted what she said or I did not. I could go on trying to make her feel bad and mentally beating her up and in turn being miserable myself. Or I could accept what she had told me and what shithead had told me in the parking lot. What did I have to lose? God I was drained both mentally and physically and what I really wanted to do was cuddle up with my lover and best friend away from the job and house and kids and freeways for a while and heal. Truth is I could almost see her point of view.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and there stood Mike "I really do have to close up now; you guys need to go home."

I looked over at Lyn and she had this mysterious smile on her face and with a slight blush she said to me "I'm feeling a bit of a draft in here if you know what I mean. I think we should find someplace to warm up and see if I am still able to attract you to me."

I needed no further invitation and stood and smiled at Mike then reached for my wife's hand and helped her out of the booth.

"I've got one more favor to ask Mike, and I think you should do this one for free" I said jokingly.

He frowned like he was having a gas pain "OK one more as long as it doesn't take up any more time."

"Do you have a bottle of Champaign I can have and where is the nearest Motel with king-sized beds and an ensuite hot tub? I think I'll go trophy hunting."