Kept

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't care what your friend says - we're not boring. We don't need to pretend, or try something new every week...I'm happy; hell, I'm more than happy. And this, trying to act like we're two different people-"

She kissed him before he could finish, knowing what he was going to say because that's how it'd always been between them. It's why they knew they were perfect for each other, and trying to pretend that that didn't exist, that they didn't exist...it made her cringe, thinking about it now.

They pulled away from each other, knowing that sure, they tried this out, but now they knew what they had thought before:

They didn't need anything more.

They walked back to the car, hand in hand, their shoulders bumping into one another every so often; the sun had fallen some in all this time, giving the park a slightly darker look, but the rays that shone through seemed brighter now, more golden. He opened the door for her, a habit that never left him, it seemed, and shut the door behind her. He jogged over to his side, looking forward to the heat from the car to warm him up now.

As he drove back, she looked out the window again, actually seeing what was just beyond the glass this time. He, like always, had a serious look on his face as he drove, but she always knew how to soothe it; she reached out her hand and rested it on the centre console. When he looked sideways at her and noticed it, he covered hers with his, feeling comfortable in a way he only ever was around her.

As they went back home, the trees becoming a green blur once more, he let her know he loved her, and she squeezed his hand in return.

One. Two. Three.

12