Keyanna and Kevin Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The night of the council's invasion, Amelia told Myra of all that was going to happen but Myra could tell there was something Amelia was holding back. "What else? What aren't you telling me?" Myra demanded of the seer. Trembling, Amelia told Myra that she saw her death, the death of Edwin, his mate and the caretaker would die protecting Kevin with her life. She told Myra that the King with be driven to madness after his death and that Kevin would grow up safe and would not know the events that took place nor would he remember her or the king. Myra's heart broke into pieces at that revelation. She couldn't bring herself to tell Kyros so she kept it to herself. Even lying on her death bed gazing into the emerald green eyes she loved so much she still couldn't tell him. "Kyros" she whispered "I—I" She took her last breath and sent all the love she could summon through their bond as she died still staring into his eyes.

Kyros was broken. He was delirious with anger and the lust for revenge had taken him over. Kyros stood and picked up Myra's lifeless body and vanished back to the coven Estate that had been their home for centuries. Many of the coven members had returned as they felt the Queens demise and came to pay their respects and to lend the King their strength during the burial. The queen would be laid to rest in the family plots on the grounds of the estate. The coven members watched as the king walked to the plot and laid his beloved to rest. Kyros stood at the grave site for what seemed like forever. He turned to his coven gave them one last look then vanished to the one place he knew he needed to go...Edwin Raynes' home. He was going to kill him and anyone that tried to stop him was going to die with him.

Kyros appeared in Edwin's front yard. Edwin was waiting for him. He had heard of the queens death and knew that he would be Kyros first stop after the burial.

"Kyros, so nice of you to stop by; I've been expecting you" Edwin said smugly.

"Good. Then you know that you will die tonight" Kyros said back to Edwin glaring at him.

"Did you enjoy the little show? Hmm Kyros? What was it like to watch your son die? How did it feel to see your son kill and feed from his own sister, you miserable fucking animal?" he bit out through clenched teeth.

Kyros fangs extended and his talons grew. He was trembling with rage.

"You sick fuck. You are a coward! You did not have the guts to challenge me so you created a disease to do your bidding for you. You will pay for what you've done. When I leave your head is going with me you spineless son of a bitch!" Kyros spat at him.

"Would you like to know what I call my little concoction" Edwin asked amused. "I named it Kyrosseamyrae Disease. I named it after the one it was intended for" Edwin laughed.

Kyros had heard enough it was time for Edwin to die. Kyros launched himself at Edwin. Tackling him to the ground, he slashed Edwins stomach disemboweling him.

Edwin felt the pain rip through him. He knew this was the end. He looked toward his house and saw his wife and son watching everything in the window if his sons room. For a split second he felt remorse. He hated the feeling and seethed at Kyros for making him look weak in front of his mate and son. He flailed around and slashed wildly at Kyros's face missing him completely. Kyros raised his hand and decapitated Edwin with one strong precise slash of his talons. He stood up and looked down at Edwin's' lifeless body. He picked up Edwin's head and vanished.

Edwins son watched with no emotion. He glanced at his mother as she cried from the pain of losing her mate. His father was a fool he decided. He would become king and wouldn't be as reckless as his father. His father told him what would happen. He knew his mother was going to kill herself, and that he hired a rogue to seek out and kill Kevin. Eldon Levi Raynes vanished to his aunt's house like his dad told him to. He would be there until he got out on his own and when the time was right and he could have his revenge on Kyros Sinclair.

Kyros went to the council headquarters with the head of Edwin Raynes . He entered the meeting quarters and set about getting retribution for those who trespassed in his home and took the lives of his family. Kyros was ruthless in doling out his judgment on those who boldly opposed the king. Kyros killed all of the council members who had come to his home and the ones who agreed with course of action taken that night. He gave them an opportunity to confess their wrong. Those who lied were beheaded those who told the truth were spared but removed from the council. The others watched in horror as Kyros brought a council of thirty down to a mere eight members. Kyros's anger sated her left the head of Edwin Raynes on their doorstep and vanished back to the home in Colorado. Kyros wanted to die but knew Kevin needed him though not even that seemed to matter. Even if he managed to find Kevin he didn't think he could care for him. His heart broke into a million pieces as he mourned his kids and his beloved Myra. The King of the vampires did the one thing he thought he would never do. He renounced his throne. At the moment he did it all bonds with his coven was broken and he lost track of Kevin. The pain of the bond breaking was excruciating to Kyros who had passed out. To little Kevin it meant a trip to the ER where a rogue working for Edwin tried to kill Kevin. The care taker was able to defend Kevin and get him back to her family safely before she died. They too were seers and knew that mantle of protecting their next king was passed to them.

When Kyros came to he settled in his mind that the renouncing of his throne not only meant that he was no longer king, it also meant that he would no longer live as vampire. Edwin's betrayal almost wiped them out, and the council had behaved too hastily in using deadly force to eradicate a threat that they could have easily probed Edwins mind to get an anecdote to. There was no honor, or respect for him as a King among his people he decided. Kyros no longer wanted to carry his name either. He could no longer hear his beloved say it and Edwin had used his name for the disease that almost desecrated his kind. Kyros decided to go by his middle name. No one knew that the W in Kyros W. Sinclair stood for Weldon. Whenever he was asked about the initial he would simply change the subject. His oldest son Kylan and Myra were the only ones who knew and they were both dead. He also altered the spelling of his last name. His line of Sinclair's was dead. Kyros also aged with renouncement of his throne. His hair was now silver as was his beard and mustache. Being king slowed the aging process to a crawl the renouncement sped it up. That day Kyros Sinclair died. Weldon Sinclaire emerged.

Weldon stood in his office nursing a drink. He was concluding his confession to Keyanna telling her that he still had some coven family who refused to accept his renouncement almost 100 years ago and remained loyal to him in service. They worked for his company in different capacities and he allowed the bond with them to re-establish itself.

Keyanna was sitting in the leather chair staring at the fire. She had so many questions and there was so much to take in. With all that she had heard the one thing that stuck out was that Weldon said he had a son named Kevin. That plus he said his name was Kyros and his wife's name was Myra. Could Kevin be the child that Weldon lost? If he was that would make him a -- a vamp- her thoughts were interreupted by Weldon calling her name and waving a hand in front of her face. Keyanna blinked and looked up at Weldon.

"Are you ok dear," he asked concerned.

"I-I am fine, I just, don't know what to say,"

"You don't have to say a word. It's a lot to digest, it will take some time."

"You said your name was Kyros and your wife, her name was Myra?"

"Yes" was his simple reply.

"You also said that you didn't know what became of your son Kevin, right?"

"Right"

"What if I told you that I knew where he is and how to get in touch with him?"

"I would be overjoyed," he replied his eyes welling with tears "I would also ask if he is well?"

"Yes, he is well and he doesn't know that you are alive. I don't even know how to begin to tell him that you are not dead"

"Keyanna I- have missed so much of his life, I don't know that he will even accept me or find me it in his heart to forgive me".

"He will do both, I'm sure he has missed you and his Aunt and Uncle spoke fondly of you from what he tells me. Weldon, I hate to change the subject but why are you telling me this? I mean I have worked for you for over five years now and you never felt the need to confide this to me then. So why now?"

"Well," he began with a heavy sigh "You are important to the future of the royal bloodline," he replied watching her reaction.

"Me? How is that possible, I am not vampire nor am I mated to one, Donovan may be a lot o things but a vampire isn't one of them," She replied her tone disbelieving.

"Keyanna, honey there is a battle coming. The son of Edwin Raynes is planning to take his revenge on me to take out the last of my family including me. You are the mate of legend and soon to be Queen of all vampire," Weldon replied.

"What legend?" Keyanna asked not liking where this was going but unable to stop her curiosity.

"There is a legend," Weldon began as he got up from his chair and walked over to a bookcase to retrieve a book. It was an old leather bound book that had worn golden embellishments around the outer edges of the book and down the spine. The book was tied closed with a blood red silk ribbon. Weldon took the book to his conference table, untied the ribbon and began to flip through the delicate pages of the book and started speaking, "the legend tells of a forgotten heir of the royal throne whose mate had beauty to rival the goddess Aphrodite," he said as looked up at Keyanna who was blushing at the comparison.

"Ah, here it is," Weldon said as he allowed the pages to come to rest on the passage he was searching for.

"Keyanna please," Weldon said with a hand extended to Keyanna as an invitation to join him to view the legend.

Keyanna rose from her seat and walked over to where Weldon was standing, taking his hand she allowed herself to be led to a chair in front of the book.

"Read here," he said pointing to the handwritten passage simply titled The Prodigal Ascension: The son of a king lost to his heritage. Unaware that he is a royal heir knowing not of his parentage. He is a prince reared by strangers his destiny to be king, to rule and to vanquish danger. He will arise with his mate at his side. She will have grace, upon her head will rest wisdom and honor and she shall be mighty; she is blessed with beauty; a rival only to the goddess Aphrodite. She can manipulate the elements, a truly gifted healer in word and deed; she will restore life, limbs, minds and emotional needs. They two will rule with power re-establishing the name, reign, and bloodline of former King. No more tears, no more heartache and no more grief for the former King.

Keyanna looked at Weldon after reading the last line and said "you still miss her?"

"More than anyone will ever know. I wish even now that I had taken my life after confronting the council to be with her" Weldon replied as his tears fell freely.

"I'm sorry Weldon. I don't think she would've wanted that for you."

"No dear she wouldn't, but that doesn't make it any easier or the pain any less after all these years."

"Weldon this person, the Queen, she can't possibly be me. I am nothing like the woman described in that text."

"Keyanna before you settle on that could you do me a favor?"

"Of course,"

"Let me say this first dear, Amelia is the seer I spoke of; she knew who you were the moment your application to work here came in. She also knew that while you are not mated to a vampire now you will be. Up until a moment ago I didn't know that you and Kevin had already met. Amelia told me that I would meet you. I thought that I was to keep you safe until the fates were read y for you and Kevin to meet. My dear the fates destined for you to meet Kevin. You are his mate. He knows who you are but because your divorce with Donovan is not final you do not feel the mating pull. She also said that your powers have to be unbinded by your parents."

"My parents? What do my mother and father have to do with this?"

"You have latent powers that have to be unlocked they binded them at birth and they have to be the ones to release them"

"How do you know that?"

"Unfortunately it is not my story to tell dear, talk with them they know the time is near and will be waiting for you."

Keyanna got up from the table and went to gather her things. She was warring with her emotions and anger being the one she was battling now.

"I have to go" she said abruptly "I will call you once I speak with them." She had tears in her eyes. Why would they withhold something as vital as whom or what she really is from her, How could they? Keyanna was hurt, confused and angry. She had endured so much with Donovan and all the while she could have had the power to stop it, stop him to make it and him go away.

"Keyanna do not be angry with them. They were protecting you. There are those who know of the legend and would have sought to take your life before it even began," Kyros pleaded.

"I just- Donovan almost killed me. I could have stopped him," she shouted as she began to sob.

Weldon walked over to where she was standing; he hugged her and rubbed her back trying to comfort her.

"All will be well, dear I promise, just give them a chance to explain, please?" Weldon pulled back from Keyanna to look at her. He loved her as if she were his own daughter and it pain him to see her so hurt. He hugged her again and mustered up to courage to ask her for one more favor on top of all that he has burdened her with.

With a deep breath he decided to now or never, "Keyanna could you do something else for me?" Weldon asked his voice cracking with emotion.

Keyanna looked up at Weldon's large frame and into his emerald eyes that were glistening with tears, "Would you please help me to meet my son?" He said as tears rolled down his face.

Keyanna reached up and placed a hand on the side of his face swiping at the trail of tears with her thumb.

"Of course I will," she said tears flowing from her eyes "I will be honored to."