Kindness Ch. 02

Story Info
What is the kindest thing a person has done for you?
884 words
4.65
7k
0
2

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 12/08/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kindness -- Chapter 2

In the last chapter, I asked for readers to send examples of folks who showed them unconditional kindness. As we all know, there are millions of people who work very hard on behalf of others everyday. But then there are those totally unexpected moments, some might call them "random acts of kindness," that happen. These acts show the basic goodness of people, their thoughtfulness that turns into action, and the brotherly love that is not often discussed here or anywhere.

Today there are three stories that readers have shared with us. The first story is from Franklinws.

A number of years ago, I worked one summer as a toll collector at the entrance of a bridge in Maryland. That was a totally thankless job, of course, but I always tried to be pleasant as I took the drivers' money.

One afternoon, an elderly couple came through and handed me twice the required toll. The driver said that they had passed the young women who was several cars behind them and noticed that she was crying. Obviously, he said, something was very wrong. He said they wanted to pay her toll and he asked me to tell her that God loves her.

When the young lady drove up, it was obvious that she was in distress as she handed me her money. When I told her that the driver several cars ahead had paid for her and then gave her his message, she broke down again. Fortunately, there were no cars waiting behind her while she regained her composure. She then looked at me, smiled as the tears flowed, as said, "Thank you. God does love me, doesn't He?" She then drove away.

I have always wondered about that young lady and that elderly couple and the blessing they were to her that day.

This next story came from someone who wishes to remain anonymous but is obviously a Penn State fan.

I was in the navy, stationed in Key West in 1969. I spent Christmas that year with my family in the Philadelphia suburbs. A few days after Christmas, on my return flight to Miami, I was seated next to a priest, who struck up a conversation. This was during the height of the Vietnam war, and it was pleasantly surprising to have a civil conversation instead of being treated like garbage -- which happened all too often to men in uniform in those days (we had to fly in uniform to get the cheaper military fares). Shortly before we landed in Miami the priest asked if I were going to the Orange Bowl game on New Years night, since Penn State was playing in the game. I told him I had no way to get a ticket and couldn't afford scalpers' fees on a navy salary, at which point he reached into his inside jacket pocket and pulled out a ticket and handed it to me and told me to enjoy myself. I was gobsmacked!

New Years Day I drove up the overseas highway to Miami to attend the game. Penn State squeeked out a victory over Missouri. I'll never forget the kindness that priest showed me.

The final story in this chapter comes from SW MO Hermit.

I want to mention a man in a small town near where I live. This man married a local woman years ago and moved to the town she grew up in to live. He became the local Postmaster and knew literally everyone in town and I suspect for miles around. He owned some rental property and cut people slack in their payments. If someone was down on his or her luck, he would pay slightly more than something was worth and buy if they came to him wanting to sell their item. He was big on vehicles and larger pieces of semi-useful tools and so forth.

There was a mentally challenged man living in town. He lived with his parents until they died then continued living in the old family home. He wasn't real bad off but still needed supervision. He could live alone and prepare his meals even if they weren't well balanced. The government did pay him benefits but this man did odd jobs all over town. He mowed yards, picked up trash and limbs for people. I never saw the man when he wasn't pleasant and laughing. If he knew you he had a smile and a greeting for you.

My friend, the Postmaster, took it on himself to see the man got to all his appointments on time and had food in his house to eat. He made sure his bills were paid and that he had coffee. The man loved his coffee. Just before he died it was told around town that he used three of the large three-pound cans of coffee a month.

Thank you for telling us your story of kindness. Now it's your turn. Please send me your stories using either the feedback or contact link on my profile page. I would like to include them in future chapters of "Kindness." Also, if you like this effort and would like to see more non-erotic work on Literotica, please vote and leave comments. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.