Kinetic: The First Alliance Ch. 02 Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And where are we to have this meeting? At the town library down the street? We have no city hall, nowhere to reside," Unarec said.

"We will just have it here in the panic room. There is room for all of us plus communications equipment. Now let us get to work." Rayvaar replied.

The seven Savants got together for another meeting, but not for the salvation of Zenakuu. This time, it was regarding the apprehension or possibly annihilation of the once amicable race.

"Let us get to it then. Now does anyone have any ideas on how to proceed?" Rayvaar opened up by letting his fellow councilmen bounce ideas back and forth.

"What other fate can we afford them? We should send the full force of the Kalryn military right down their throats and finish what the Myriad started!" blurted Hartell, who had always been a loose cannon.

"Do not be brash, Hartell. We have no clue how powerful they are and how many planets they have turned against us."

"A wise observation, Kagoli, but something must be done."

"What if they did not turn against us?"

"How do you mean, Rayvaar?" Nabire asked.

"What I mean is what if they had not a choice. What if they were forced by Zenakuu. The planet Purix is strong but not foolish and never favored confrontation. If they were forced into fighting, then we need to help others from falling into that same fate. Otherwise, we may not be able to fend them off the next time they attack with more military force from even more enslaved planets." On cue, a transmission came through.

"Calling out to Kalryn. We are in need of immediate assistance. The once silent planet Zenakuu has come to the planet of Belum and demanded help in destroying your world. When we declined, a giant warship blackened the sky and took us by surprise, forcing us to fight in their army. I had to send this distress call on pirate frequencies so that they couldn't track it. I pray it reaches you before they deploy for your planet." The feed ended and then looped until it was shut off by Iyendo.

"I cannot believe you were right, Rayvaar."

"I did not wish to believe it either, but it was the only explanation," proclaimed the young Savant.

"Agreed, but what to do about this? It is too late to help them or most planets in our solar system that lay vulnerable to invasion," Tejourne panicked. "Is no one safe from their wrath?"

"Do not despair, Tejourne. It looks like we have to warn the neighboring solar systems in hopes that Zenakuu has not reached them yet. Perhaps we can station small armies on each planet to defend. What say you?" Rayvaar's idea was well thought out but would require leaving Kalryn.

"I must protest! After we send small armies to all these planets, who will defend our world?"

"I see what you mean, but do you have a better idea, Nabire?"

"My decision is thus: we send a single emissary, perhaps a kinesis trainer, to train these planets to defend themselves. That way, we can keep our army here, and there is chance for salvation for other planets."

"Brilliant idea, Nabire. While here, we can begin to organize a strike on Zenakuu and start the beginning of the end of this already heinous war."

"The people of Kalryn can and will rally. From this depth, we are destined to rise," swore Iyendo.

The Savants found themselves in agreement and set off to let the rest of the world know. They organized a summit where the Savants' decision would be broadcast.

Rayvaar went to find his rebellious daughter and punish her severely for once again not listening to him. As he walked, he mumbled to himself, "I will not tolerate that girl disobeying my orders any longer. She is lucky to be alive, no thanks to that infernal pilot Jeramine." But as he entered her chambers, he found her crying over the death of her love as she gazed upon Jeramine's holographic image, which her locket projected. The seemingly stern father didn't have the heart to reprimand his bereaved daughter and left her to mourn in peace.

12