Kinetic: The First Alliance Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Next up was Cassie: "I wish my folks were protective of me—" Cassie explained before she was cut off.

"Oh, and I can control fire! I forgot to mention that. Sorry, Cassie," Chris shouted out, causing Alex to bust out laughing.

"Yeah, well, like I was saying—my dad is a drunk, and my mom is a vengeful bitch," Cassie continued. "She is more concerned with the child support money than me or my little sister. The worst part about all this is that I had to leave my sister with her, but I know she'll be strong enough to take care of herself. I can control water, wherever it may be."

Dimitri kept it going. "I mean, there's not much to say ... My dad left when I was a kid. Raised on the streets of Brooklyn, I have seen some really messed up things. My older sister was killed in a drive-by, a casualty in the gang wars that run my streets. From that day on, I vowed to protect my family, and now my girlfriend Rose. I won't let them down again. Other than that it is what it is, I have the power to control earth, rock, stone, etc., but I don't know the limit to the minerals I can control."

Hesitant at first, Alex apprehensively revealed his past. "I never knew my mom or dad. They both died when I was a baby, so I was raised by my grandfather. Ever since I can remember I've been really good at running."

"More like running away," Dimitri interjected.

"Shut up Dimitri," Alex said as he glared at Dimitri. He finished his story after the unwarranted interruption. "I can create electricity from my hands and charge my body to dangerous levels of voltage. Really, I'm just here because I want to make a difference. I want to do the right thing."

"The Boy Scout routine never gets old?" Dimitri taunted.

"Will you give it a rest man and get off my case already?" Alex snapped. "I'm tired of you always trying to start something."

"Stop it the both of you," Shyra demanded as she stepped out. "We do not know when the Zenakuu could reach Earth, and I need to get all of you in shape. Some of you are better off than others, but we need to build your endurance. These battles can last days on end. Everyone will need to learn to handle such strenuous work. Think of it as a kinetic boot camp."

The team quickly changed their attitudes.

"Boot camp? I thought we were just gonna keep using our powers," complained Chris.

"How are you supposed to beat the enemy if they are running circles around you?" Shyra replied. "Training will consist every morning of stretching, push-ups, sit-ups, running up and down the mountainside, and other endurance exercises. Alexander, being a track runner, will show everyone how it is done and what to do. I am putting Alexander in charge for now."

Surprised by the news, Alex sat up straight. He'd never led a group before. That amount of responsibility was foreign to him, and he wasn't sure if he was ready.

"What! That's bullshit. Why does he get to lead just because he's good at running away? I have fighting experience, so I should lead," Dimitri shouted.

"Your bodies are not ready for combat training yet. You need to be physically prepared. Do not question my logic, Dimitri. Things will be as I see fit."

"Whatever, man. I'll be damned if I let that suck-up order me around."

Despite objections, Alex began his workout regimen the next day.

"Alright, team, let's start off slow and work our way to the top," Alex instructed.

They all tried to keep up with Alex who had more or less become use to the high elevation and thin air, but their bodies could not cope. They were out of breath in seconds, and collapsed to the ground gasping for air. All except one. Tori was jogging steadily right behind Alex.

"How the heck are you not out of air?" Cassie wheezed as she asked Tori.

"I don't know, I just take deep breaths," she said with a grin painted on her face. She jogged back and threw Cassandra's arm over her shoulder and helped her up.

Most of the group knew that the mission was more important than all of them combined, so they did as instructed and tried not to complain. They put their trust in Shyra, hoping not to be let down. For the next two months, they trained their bodies day in and day out. Most of the team became used to Alex leading the way—everyone but Dimitri, that is. He didn't like taking orders and felt Alex wasn't quite up to the task. He knew he could do a better job and started missing a lot of days training. After one month of sporadic absences Alex was fed up, and went to look for Dimitri. Alex found him sitting outside near the rear of the ship. To add insult to injury, he was on Alex's own laptop sending an email to someone named Rose. Alex couldn't let the blatant disrespect slide and confronted Dimitri about his absences.

"Where were you today, Dimitri?" Alex questioned.

"I don't answer to you, pretty boy."

"Shyra put me in charge for a reason. If you don't like it, do something about it," challenged Alex.

"It's about time, punk. You don't know how long I've been waiting to hear you say that. I'll definitely make you eat those words." Dimitri stood up and shoved Alex's left shoulder with his right hand. In complete shock, Alex looked at his shoulder, then back at Dimitri, and chuckled.

"Fools jump up to get beat down, Dimitri, so make sure you don't regret this," Alex said back.

Dimitri clenched his fist, "Don't talk about it, be about it," he shouted, and the ground underneath Alex sunk in before fully collapsing. He fell, cutting himself on the jagged edges of rocks that were buried in the dirt. The ground began closing in around Alex as he frantically tried to escape from the tomb Dimitri had created for him. Alex blasted the ground, propelling himself upward enough to leap out of it, but Dimitri immediately sent a couple of boulders toward Alex. One by one, Alex threw both hands out and sent out a scatter shot of mini electrical bombs to take care of the multiple targets. He reached Dimitri and landed a hard-as-nails punch to his left collar bone, knocking the wind out of him. Trying to gain back his footing, Dimitri landed an aerial kick that hit Alex in the head, stunning him and almost knocking him unconscious momentarily. Dimitri grabbed him by his shirt and attempted to perform a judo flip, but Alex charged his own body with a dangerously high electric current that electrocuted Dimitri and put him down. Thinking it was over, Alex started walking away, but Dimitri refused to stay down. He lifted the ground from under Alex.

"Where do you think you're going?" Dimitri demanded to know as he lifted Alex high above him. Turning the piece of rock over, Alex fell back to the ground. Dimitri brought the platform of rock down and began chasing after him. Alex hit the ground hard with a heavy thump followed by the rock, which would have surely crushed him to death if Shyra hadn't run in and telekinetically stopped the boulder.

"What is going on here!?" Shyra demanded to know.

"I don't think Alex has what it takes to lead us!" Dimitri shouted.

"Alex was only in charge of the endurance training—that is it. Come with me, Dimitri; we need to talk, and bring that dreadful computing device with you. You all are supposed to be training. There will be no more access to the outside world."

Cassie followed in behind Shyra and tended to Alex's wounds. Things were falling apart before they ever really started for Shyra's team. If she couldn't find the source of Dimitri's rage she knew she would have to kick him off the team—forever.

12