Kinetic: The First Alliance Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cassie was presented with a formfitting cerulean top with long sleeves and skin-tight black pants, along with a flowing custom blue hanfu. Crashing waves were depicted on her midsection, while a floral design hugged her shoulders and spread to her chest. The same floral design was repeated at the bottom of her hanfu. Her uniform was accentuated with violet trim; even the top and bottom of her knee-high boots showed off her affinity for violet and unique style. Lastly, a rain cloud adorned the left side of her chest, while on the right side of her chest was a backward E connected to an R, representing Effervescent Rain. She then tied a blue ribbon on her right leg and left arm for fashion, and on the top of her left forearm was a padded guard with a raindrop in the middle.

"Last but not least is the first person I encountered. Without you, Alexander, I would not have been able to get this far. You have been a huge help to me and are the rightful captain to this team. You can handle any situation you put your mind to. You went from not being able to control your powers to mastering them almost completely. I am very proud of you. Alexander, you will be dubbed Voltaic Cloud." Shyra handed his uniform over. "With your electrokinesis, you are the light that guides the team through the darkness."

His costume included a fitted, black Japanese-style karate gi with yellow trim as an undergarment and a vest-styled leather tabard that was connected on the outer sides by buckled straps. He had a padded arm guard covering his left forearm, while on his right he wore the powerful Raiden stone, which had been given to Shyra by her father in case she ever found herself in a tough battle. It was quite legendary on Kalryn and had the ability to amplify electric power. Around his waist he wore a broad, black belt lined with red trim and his symbol for lightning in the middle that sat atop a traditional Japanese haidate. His pants were loose and somewhat baggy. They were all black besides his trademark lightning bolt going down the sides. They were cuffed off by metallic shin guards with ninja boots. On his back he donned a cape that was yellow on the inside but black on the outside and held together by the lightning pin on his right shoulder.

They were finally feeling confident in their abilities, but Shyra had a message of warning for them that she felt they might have overlooked. "All of you have gotten a lot stronger, but never overdo it. There is a limit to the amount of power you can release. I always want the five of you to be wary of that."

Christian stepped out in front to speak. "What happens if we use too much of our powers at once?"

"Well, Christian, it depends on the extent to which you overuse it, but remember your powers are kinetic, and stem from your brain. If you push that strain on your mind too far, you will suffer what your planet calls a brain aneurysm. It differs from species to species, but you will mostly likely suffer from severe headaches, nausea, vision impairment, vomiting, and loss of consciousness. If severe enough, the aneurysm may rupture and will leak blood into the space around the brain. This is called a subarachnoid hemorrhage. Depending on the amount of blood, it can produce a hemorrhagic stroke, which you very likely will die from."

"Oh, is that all? And here I thought it would be bad," Christian bitingly replied.

The entire team looked as if they felt sick to their stomachs over the thought of bleeding out to death.

"Yes, that is all." Shyra said with a confused look on her face.

"No, I was being sarcastic," Christian said as he tried to correct her.

"Oh, this planet's sense of humor and what you call 'sarcasm' escapes me, I am afraid," Shyra noted. "Moving on, though, we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow, so you five try not to stay up too late."

Everything was really coming together for the alliance. They trained hard physically and mentally. It was time to put all they had learned into action. Smiles spread across the room. Even Dimitri could not hold back the grin over the thought of making a difference like the promise he'd made to his mom and sister. It was running smoothly for the first time, and the alliance was getting along, but this peace was not meant to last.

12