Kismet Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You say that as though you think it bad. Whitehall generally favors the Sultan over the Caliph so I cannot say that I grieve too deeply. Now of course if we and the Sultan had a falling out . . . ."

"True. He seems to be an enlightened sort, for an Eastern despot. Ruthless to the fingertips, of course, but treats his subjects well and doesn't squander the national treasure on fancyin' up his palace. I see he just bought three more locomotives from Birmingham. Perhaps this will turn out for the best."

As about the same time the Sultan Azlan again sat comfortably in his chair. Queen Mada stood to his left, her right hand resting possessively on his shoulder. The welts across her buttocks and thighs had all healed and it was good to once again be in her husband's favor though it was embarrassing to have her bottom fondled in the presence of another man.

"So, Mahmood, tell me about my experiment."

The Director's mouth twitched up at the corners. "As you suspected, Afsoon has thrown herself into her studies. She is already expert with a dagger and knows the more common poisons and their administration well. As far as her usefulness in intelligence, I will simply say that when the time comes for the Crown Prince to take the throne, she will already have replaced me and the Service will continue to run like the well-oiled machine it has become."

"And the young Nubian?"

"Fasira strives to do well, my Liege, but though she is intelligent and adaptable, she is handicapped in two areas. First, she only speaks Farsi and her own language. That restricts her to members of the court and diplomats from the upper Nile. Afsoon, on the other hand, speaks Farsi, English, French and classical Arabic. She will be able to milk the brains of any ambassador we turn her loose on.

Fasira also lacks the temperament for spying. She is fierce, direct and straightforward. She could be a good assassin or a good soldier but not a good spy."

The sultan nodded as he ran his left hand up and down the inside of his wife's thigh, "She would make a good soldier or possibly a good wife for a soldier and mother of soldiers, perhaps?"

Mahmood bowed slightly in agreement. "I have had similar thoughts. The mutual attraction between her and Major Al-Hassad is obvious, and he certainly deserves a significant reward after his campaign down along the Hyrcanian border. The Ottomans will think three times before they attempt any further incursions."

"I agree. I have directed him to write an instructional monograph on the use of rapid fire weapons in cavalry operations. The rest of our Dragoons will need to study it and he can rest from his literary labors in her arms. A suitable match. Have you anything further to report."

"I have. The traitor Risay has secured an estate on the Black Sea Coast to the north of Istanbul. He entertains members of the Turkish General Staff there."

"Indeed," Azlan glanced up at Queen Mada who swallowed and trembled slightly, "Send a team. And in deference to my queen's sensibilities, tell them to make it fast and clean."

12