Kiss of the Moon Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Amy chuckled and got to her feet. "There are rooms downstairs for you but in the morning we are going back to the manor as it is harder to get at," Amy explained.

They nodded.

Bastion put a stack of take out menus on the bench and a pad of paper.

"Put down your orders, when I get them all in I'll do the call around and put a small dent in Wolfgang's credit card," he called out.

Electra walked in and grabbed a bottle of water, "What's for tea?" she asked Bastion.

"What ever you want to order?" Bastion told her.

Electra frowned, "Can I make something?" she asked gently.

"No, it's my kitchen and I just finished cleaning it after the hurricane of afternoon tea," Bastion told her firmly.

Electra nodded and went to her room, she would go without tonight, she didn't trust many people with making her food, the thought of some stranger making her meal made her uncomfortable.

"Electra…" Amy called out to get her to come back.

Electra walked forward.

"Electra you really need to start trusting people with making your food," Amy told her, "Bastion put Electra down for a Meat lovers with a barbeque swirl," Amy gripped Electra's shoulder, "Trust me… you'll love it as much as you love tuna mornay but you have to promise me to at least try it, eat one slice."

Electra nodded, "Okay I promise to try it." Electra walked off to have a shower.

Susan walked over. "I'll make sure she tries it."

Amy turned to Susan, "What little she was given when she was in that cell was at most the cheapest brand of dog food on the shelves. She likes to be involved in the cooking process as she can see that no dog food is added, we haven't been able to get her to eat braised stake and onions or my favourite Sheppard's pie because it looks too much like dog food to her. She can watch it be made but still can't bring herself to eat it," Amy explained.

Susan nodded, "I'll make sure she tries the pizza."

Amy smiled as Nathanael walked in, "Nathanael," Amy gestured him to her. Nathanael walked over.

"Hello," he said to Amy and Susan.

"Nathanael this is Susan, she's a Marine medic. Can you give her a crash course in Were physiology and healing rates?" Amy asked.

"Of course." He steered Susan away, "Your going to the manor so attack the main library, there should be a section on Were physiology. Ask Amy as she has a good idea of which books will aid you," Nathanael told her.

Susan nodded and sat ready to hear him.

Wolfgang grabbed Amy and walked her into their room, "Shower, dress we have to go in an hour," he told her as he started to strip to shower.

****

Amy sat on a stone in the forest that surrounded the manor. She was in deep meditation, learning to trust what her ears picked up from the world around her. She heard the crunch of clumsy footsteps, since they were light Amy assumed Susan was out wandering. Susan stumbled across the small clearing where Amy was.

She paused and watched Amy for several moments. They had been at the manor for a week and she had learnt quickly that Amy was more than she appeared. As Amy was still in 'training' they got to see her powers in use.

Amy opened an eye, "You have to learn to be more quiet, I've been able to hear you for the last 500 yards," she said as Susan frowned.

"Come here," Amy patted the bit of rock in front of her.

Susan joined sitting cross legged her back to Amy. Amy rested her hands on Susan's thighs. Susan tensed slightly, over the last week she had been hit on by almost every woman who come near her.

"Relax I'm not out to seduce you," Amy told her.

"Sorry, it's just in the last week I've been offered sex more than I have in my entire sexual experience up until this week," Susan told her.

Amy chuckled, "Sex except between mates is a recreation, like having a string of one night stands with the same people," Amy explained.

Susan sighed, "Will I ever understand Were life?"

Amy chuckled, "Wolfgang was born Were, and even he doesn't completely get everything he just shrugs it off and accepts it."

"And does he accept it if you have sex with another?" Susan asked.

Amy smiled, "Depends on whether or not he gets to watch," Amy told her.

Susan jerked to Amy surprised, "But he's so… he can't keep his hands from you," Susan said quickly changing what she was going to say.

"You mean he's possessive," Amy corrected her, "Of course he is, he may not want me to find enjoyment outside of our relationship but he accepts it. Anyway if I choose to sleep with someone else I always take a woman," Amy told Susan seriously. "Now lets get off the topic of sex." Amy told Susan with a smile and closed her eyes taking several deep breaths.

Susan quickly followed her, she felt that invisible hand at the nape of her neck. She relaxed to the tingle. Everything seemed to expand within her, heightening her senses. Small rodents ran and tussled in the underbrush, the heartbeats of birds thrummed noisily. The scent of deer brushed her nose on the wind, decaying plant matter and animal scents assaulted her nose.

Relax, let it wash over you, Amy told her silently

Susan nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard the crash of foot steps.

Just Sarge, relax, he's going to stables, he likes working with the horses, Amy told her.

Susan relaxed and took a deep breath with Amy. The stables were a good quarter mile from them but they could just make out the scent of horses and hay.

Amy pulled away and yawned. Susan turned to her, "Is that what its like for you?" she asked softly.

Amy chuckled, "Only when I want it to be. Wolfgang can tune his ears, but when he's human he buffers his ears, dulls them so to speak so he isn't in overload."

Susan nodded, "Mind if I stay for a while?"

Amy shrugged, "No skin off my nose."

***

Wolfgang found them just before dusk. Susan's eyes jerked open. Amy chuckled and opened her eyes.

"Why are you disrupting our calm?" Amy asked him.

Wolfgang smiled, "I was wondering if you wanted to run tonight, I could teach you how to hunt if you like?" Wolfgang asked almost shyly, he had only just realised that he had never actually run with Amy yet. They had never experienced the freedom and joy of running side by side. The joy of learning to hunt and succeeding in her first kill, of sharing that closeness.

Amy smiled, "I would love to."

Wolfgang turned to Susan, "Susan can you tell Bastion we won't be in for dinner and can you take our clothes in when we've finished shifting?" Wolfgang asked.

"Amy can shift?" Susan asked surprised.

Wolfgang nodded, "Stick around and watch."

"But she's Ancient, not Were," Susan stated.

Amy nodded, "I'm… part Ancient, part something never seen before. So I'm... complicated, but I can shift. I have Were characteristics because Wolfgang tried to turn me, thinking I was human," Amy explained.

Susan was left with more questions. She opened her mouth about to ask her next question when Wolfgang stopped her.

"Tomorrow Susan we'll sit down and explain. Right now…" Wolfgang said as he started to strip, "We are going to run."

Amy smiled and stood. She shed her clothes as she joined him. Susan did her best not to stare. Wolfgang shifted first. His bones crunched as he dropped to all fours. His arms and legs lengthened as his body took on the shape of a wolf. Hair exploded all over his body as his tail grew from his spine. His jaw lengthened as his head grew to match his body.

Wolfgang shook his body the moment the shift finished. He stretched for a moment then walked up to Amy and buried his nose between her legs breaking her concentration.

"Wolfgang," Amy cried out in surprise. Amy grabbed his scruff and pulled him away, "Cut it out."

Wolfgang's ears went back and he whined.

"No buts, you want me to come running with you I have to change. Now back up and let me shift," Amy told him firmly.

Wolfgang sighed and backed away even though all he wanted to do was bury his head in between her legs. Amy smiled and closed her eyes, she took a deep breath and relaxed. The cat and the hybrid came forward at Amy's summons. Amy took a deep breath and pushed her hybrid form back, wanting only the full Saber form to come forward. The giant cat hesitated, it had never come forward before, Amy coaxed it forward and the Saber came, walking through the human Amy, drowning out her human side. Bones broke and reformed as her body lengthened. Amy dropped to her hands and knees even as her arms lengthened. Her shoulders snapped and reformed for her new body.

White fur sprouted all over her body, her tail extended as her face started to crunch and reform. She yawned as her eye teeth grew.

Wolfgang tilted his head in surprise. This was the first time Amy had shifted completely into a Saber form. She was just as large in her full Saber from as she was in her mixed form

Amy your completely Saber? Wolfgang told her.

Taliesin has had us working on calling the Saber only, not the mixed form. So it worked? Amy asked.

Yes your Saber only. Wolfgang told her, he approached, his tail wagging. Amy purred and rubbed her face against his.

Amy heard Susan move. Amy turned and sniffed the air to catch Susan's scent. She crouched down ready to pounce. She stopped as her mind finally recognized the scent.

Hungry, Amy told Wolfgang.

Let's go then, Wolfgang ran off, Amy followed.

They ran well into the night stalking small prey they never managed to catch, getting Amy ready for her first kill, and Amy's hunger ate at her. Amy stopped and lifted her head to smell the air.

Deer, Wolfgang told her as he came back. Ready to hunt? he asked her.

Hungry, Amy told him.

Lets hunt, Wolfgang told her. They kept their distance from the herd until they had circled down wind. They approached carefully. Amy quivered as she wanted to run in and attack. She tensed but Wolfgang grabbed her scruff with his teeth.

Calm. I know you're hungry but you must temper your hunger, if you barge in you might not eat, you'll loose the element of surprise, he told her. They stalked forward.

Watch Amy, pick your target, focus on that one alone unless something else presents, Wolfgang told her.

Amy watched the herd, her muscles twitched with excitement. Her eyes focused on a fat doe that was limping. Wolfgang watched and waited. He let Amy crawl ahead. She inched forward slowly trying to retain her element of surprise. She started to use the backs of her paws to push the tall grass aside when she was almost on top of her target.

The limping doe moved to get at the green buds near Amy. Amy waited until the doe dropped her head, then she pounced and bowled the doe over. The doe tried to kick Amy off her but Amy's jaws wrapped around it's throat; the deadly fangs sinking deeply into the yielding flesh, severing an artery. The rest of the herd fled while Amy shook her head snapping the neck ensuring death.

Amy dug her claws into her kill and shook her head violently.

Don't play with your food, Wolfgang told her.

Amy finally released the doe's neck. She started to chew on the neck using her razor sharp teeth to tear it open. She growled in pleasure as she ate her first mouthful. Wolfgang let Amy eat knowing she would attack him if she thought he was a threat to her kill. Amy ate greedily but she left ample enough meat for Wolfgang, her mate.

Wolfgang watched as Amy started to groom herself. He ate what was left of her kill. After he was done he approached Amy. Amy rolled onto her back, holding out her paws as if inviting a hug. Wolfgang licked a bit of blood from her chin that she had missed and Amy wrapped her paws around him and rolled him beneath her.

She groomed him. When she was happy there wasn't a skerrick of blood left on him she yawned and laid down ready to sleep.

Not here. Lets head back to the den, Wolfgang suggested. Amy followed him. Wolfgang took Amy to a den he frequented when he wanted to spend the night out of his human den. It would be only just large enough for the both of them but that didn't bother him, he wanted to share that closeness with Amy.

Amy crawled forward into the den, she lay down with her back to a wall of the den, but shifted uncomfortably. She growled and left the den.

Hey… Wolfgang complained as he had to back out. Amy shook her body and glanced around at the trees. She spotted a large sturdy branch and climbed the tree and out onto the branch. Amy moved, stretching out before she finally laid down; hugging the branch with her front paws, her back legs hung limply to either side of the branch.

Wolfgang rested his paws against the tree and yapped trying to get her attention, he wanted to be with her but Amy just yawned and growled.

Get down here, Wolfgang told her.

Sleeping, Amy told him bluntly.

Wolfgang tilted his head focusing on the branch, and shook it with his mind. Amy's claws dug in and she hissed at Wolfgang but he didn't stop shaking the branch. Amy got her feet beneath her and jumped down from her perch. She growled menacingly at Wolfgang.

Wolfgang's hackles went up, he barred his teeth and approached Amy stiff legged, he was Alpha of this territory and she would show him that respect. Amy hissed at him; Wolfgang growled.

Amy tilted her head and blinked then pounced and took Wolfgang by surprise. She growled as she playfully wrestled with him and Wolfgang joined her. He paused when he heard a howl. Wolfgang rolled to his feet and listened. The howl came again and Wolfgang answered with a long powerful howl, the howl of an Alpha in his territory.

Amy got her feet beneath her, she took a deep breath and roared. Her roar vibrated off the hills and carried far, declaring her territory. Wolfgang nudged her.

Lets go back to the den, Wolfgang suggested.

I don't like sleeping in holes, Amy told him.

Our human den, Wolfgang told her.

Amy sighed and followed him back to the human den, the light of dawn quickly approached. Bastion was waiting for them, dressed only in his bathrobe, holding the door open. He spotted flecks of blood that had been out of reach for Amy.

Good hunting? he asked.

Amy brought down a doe, Wolfgang told him proudly.

"I heard her roar, it woke me," Bastion told him.

Sorry about that, other than the time she shattered Jessa's ear drums we've never heard her really roar. She was just proclaiming her territory, Wolfgang told him as he paused at the stairs that lead to the second level and to their room. Amy was already half way up the stairs heading towards their room.

"She is still loud," Bastion commented.

She's of the large cat family of course she's going to be loud, Wolfgang told him.

"Just tell her not to roar after ten at night or seven in the morning," Bastion told him, "Unless it's a full moon then she's free to do whatever she wants," Bastion frowned. "Since when has she be able to turn fully into a Saber?" Bastion asked as Wolfgang started to move again.

First time tonight, Wolfgang told him as he bounded up the stairs, No interruptions until at least noon.

Bastion chuckled and shut the door.

****

"Okay…" Amy said to herself two days after her run with Wolfgang. She glanced over the spines of books. She stepped up and grabbed a book, she handed it down to Susan, "Here's another physiology book."

Susan took the book. "Thanks… wouldn't it be easier to have these books grouped together," Susan asked.

"No. These books are already grouped together, just not in a way you understand, no decimal system here. See each grouping is based on two factors, which pack or pride they came from originally and when they were written." Amy stepped down the step ladder and joined her with her own book.

They both sat in big soft chairs and started to read. Two days after their meeting in the clearing Susan finally believed that Amy wasn't out to seduce her and they had quickly become friends. They read in comfortable silence for several hours. Sienna walked in and over to Amy. She leant over the back of the chair to wrap her arms around Amy's shoulders, her lips brushed Amy's neck.

"Sienna are you in heat again?" Amy asked.

"No just horny. Want to join me?" Sienna asked.

Taliesin burst into the room carrying a book. "Amy…" Taliesin said pleased he had finally found her, "We may have a problem."

Sienna sighed and released Amy.

"Don't tell me the DNA machine has broken down again?" Amy said aspirated, so far the damn machine that Taliesin and Mryddin had been so confidant in had broken down twenty times over the last few months, making finding out what Amy was an even longer process.

"No Rhun is keeping the machine going," he told her, as he shook his head, "No that's not what the problem is. Seth… you don't know him, he hasn't been with us for so long I barely remember him. He was the first Ancient, he was a Sage, but more than that he was part… I guess you could call it god, part of the great powers as well as being part Ancient so he understood things easier. He wrote his understandings down for later Ancients." Taliesin set the book down.

His finger traced over the page until it came to a stop. "He writes and I quote, time is a fickle thing, some events can be altered to the point of not happening, with other events the impact can be lessened to the point where it makes no lasting impact. But… and there is a but, some events cannot be altered, they will happen not matter how hard we try to prevent it, those events are a crossroads, the outcome is not set, when the outcome is reached time will follow accordingly. Our only hope is to try to lessen the impact, but it cannot be avoided." Taliesin turned to Amy.

"I went through what we have of the databases from the future," Taliesin told her and put a black dome about the size of a noodle bowl on the coffee table. The holographic screen appeared and Taliesin quickly started to flick through.

"Wait back two screens," Amy told him. Taliesin flicked back two screens to a news article.

'Historical building levelled' blazed across the top of the page, two pictures a before an after and the date of the destruction.

Susan and Sienna went pale.

"That's the building we were in, the one you got us out of before it was levelled," Susan said in awe.

"Taliesin?" Amy asked.

"All I can tell you is that someone tried to erase whatever happened from history," Taliesin told her.

Amy checked her watch, "Shit." She grabbed the computer and the book and ran to the video conference she was late for. She burst in and ignored the greetings and comments that she was late.

"We have a problem," Amy told them and put what she had down, "Taliesin has been going through historical databases and just to be sure of what he was seeing he went back to the first of the Ancients a man by the name of Seth, he was a Sage. He wrote that, time is a fickle thing, some events can be altered to the point of not happening, with other events the impact can be lessened to the point where it makes no lasting impact. But… and there is a but, some events cannot be altered, they will happen not matter how hard we try to prevent it, those events are a crossroads, the outcome is not set, when the outcome is reached time will follow accordingly. Our only hope is to try to lessen the impact, but it cannot be avoided," Amy told them.

"Wait are you telling us that everything we've done might not be enough to avoid the war?" Bob asked.

"Yes…" Amy turned the computer on and called up the page she wanted.