Kissing Cousins Ch. 11

Story Info
Elizabeth and Sarah escape, but to where?
6.2k words
4.74
8.7k
8

Part 11 of the 13 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 10/19/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Saphhia
Saphhia
411 Followers

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction, and as such, any similarities to real people, places or events are strictly coincidental. This work contains graphic depictions of a sexual nature between consenting adults. The story also refers to aspects of sexuality that may be offensive to certain people, such as incest, BDSM, consensual humiliation and lesbian themes. If these topics offend you, then stop reading now, moving on to stories that you might better enjoy.

Kissing Cousins is a multi-part work of fiction. Taking place in the late nineteenth century, it contains references to period customs and mannerisms and is written in a style closely resembling the age. Enjoy!

Saphhia

*****

Three weeks had passed since my rescue from Markworth Hall, and I had thankfully regained the use of my legs and hands. It was due in most part to the diligence of my cousin, Sarah, whom I now held in the greatest regard. We had been lovers, yes, but now it would seem that there was love as well.

We had both grown extremely fond of Marcia, and her hospitality went beyond gracious, for we had all become lovers. Not in the traditional sense of the word, but rather as a ménage-et-trois. Although Sarah and I had a great deal of time alone with each other, it was with some excitement that we occasionally included Marcia in our play.

Our situation was soon to change however, as the Master of Tarnishe House, was to be returning from town, on the morrow. Marcia was beside herself, for she had promised her cousin that we would be vacating the house, before his return.

"Surely Madam Eloise will have given up on her quest to retrieve you by now, Elizabeth." Sarah steamed, seeking some sort of escape.

"I think not, cousin, for she was very attached to me, and not just as her pet. I think she was fond of me in other ways." I warned, and had some very great concerns over trying to return to Exeter, and Sarah's unfortunately exposed house, in town.

"Surely, we can encroach upon your cousin's good humor for a little while longer, Marcia?" Sarah seemed almost too forward with her request, which only infuriated Marcia.

"No, Sarah, it is quite out of the question. He returns with a large party of friends, and will be taking the rooms you are in for its members." She stalked out of the room, in a huff.

"Well, my dear cousin, it appears we are on our own. I shouldn't presume to suggest, but what of Pendleton?" I had spoken of the one place I feared most, aside from Markworth. Diana would surely turn us away without so much as a by-your-leave. I was quite surprised that she still found it in her heart to allow the stipend that was paid to Sarah for my keeping, considering I had tried to wrest the estate away from her.

"I fear that you would be in as much danger there as at Markworth, my dear. I would be worried that Diana may try and snatch you away from me. No, we are very much dependent upon her, and should we upset the apple cart, it may very well topple."

"So, we are without a place, then?" I ran my hand over my sparsely covered scalp, my hair not returning with the vibrancy it once had. As I had feared, the waxing had damaged it beyond any meaningful recovery. And so, I was left with the thinnest of blonde fuzz which resembled the down of a duck. Its cover was so thin, that I still looked quite bald in a mirror.

"We shall think of something." She sat, resigned, and covered her mouth with her hand, on the verge of tears. I sat next to her and tried to offer some comfort, but to no avail. "Suddenly, her eyes opened, and it was as if a light had been illuminated within her. "We must prevail upon Marcia to drive me to the bank in Exeter, for I must take a sizable draft."

Upon discussing the idea, we thought it best for me to stay behind at Tarnishe, whilst she and Marcia travelled into Exeter. Surely Eloise knew with which bank Sarah had deposited her money. I began to pack our meager belongings, which were nothing more than clothes lent to us by Marcia. All our possessions were locked away inside my cousin's house, and it was far too dangerous still. I worried that Sarah may indeed attempt to visit there, for if she did, it would be the gravest of errors. Should Madam Eloise catch up to her, then surely, she might have my cousin instead of me, as her pet.

All of our things fit well into one borrowed case, and we would be off to our destination as soon as they returned. Tarnishe House was indeed a lonely place, with both of them gone, even with the servants about. It was equal in size and opulence to Pendleton, although was more of a horse farm than a singular estate. I found myself watching out the front windows in the upstairs hall, the large sweeping staircase set well behind me. The morning turned into afternoon, and I worried that Sarah had run into trouble in Exeter.

It was with some small measure of relief that I saw a carriage pull through the gates, far at the opposite end of an extensive lawn. But my relief would be short lived, for not only did one carriage pull through, but rather several, and I knew that Marcia's cousin had returned prematurely from town. Panicked, I grabbed the small case and hurried to the servants' stairs in the rear of the house. Not knowing what else to do, I dragged the case out to the stable, and waited for the party to disembark. I hurried into an unused stall at the end of the long barn, and watched through the mud encrusted window at the proceedings.

First, I saw Marcia's cousin, unmistakable from the painting in the dining room. He began to direct the other carriages as they approached, and I wondered how soon it would before the barn and even that very stall would be occupied. My heart was in my throat as I watched. One beautiful carriage after the next pulled up to the front entry, and as each of the persons, most of which were ladies, exited, they were immediately seen through into the house. One final carriage came up, and I thought that perhaps we might be away before being discovered, for it very much resembled the one in which Sarah and Marcia had departed that morning.

I waited, and watched as the occupant disembarked, and was dismayed to discover that it was not Sarah or Marcia, but rather, was shocked to learn it was none other than Madam Eloise. My hand flew to my mouth as I stifled a cry, ducking down beneath the window in fear. "Oh my god." I whispered under my breath, which was quite escaping me.

I began to hear the stable hands moving horses into the barns and knew that my time was nearly up. Fortunately, the afternoon was shifting towards evening, and the sun having just set, was no longer illuminating the inside of the barn. Slowly and quietly, I dragged our case through the back of the barn and towards the creek we had crossed upon first arriving there. Surely Sarah had been caught by one of Eloise's henchmen, and I was in the deepest sorrow for having been deserted so, and now to have been forced away from any place of recognizable recovery, would never find her again.

The stream had lowered its level since our last crossing, the weather having been particularly fine, and I was able to find a way across without wetting more than my ankles. Although I had once again been able to walk, my stamina was lacking, and there was no way for me to progress any further. I set the case down and sat upon it, the water burbling beside me as I wept.

I had not rested for more than a few minutes, when there came from a distance, the sound of a carriage, and it was not from the direction of the house. I did not know how far ahead the road was, but I knew that I had not crossed it yet. I rose, and with all the strength remaining within me, I dragged that case behind, until I stood at the edge of the seldom used road. There was a large tree beside me which would offer a disguise, should this not be my cousin. I could hear the clopping of hooves on the sodden center of the road, and I knew it was close.

Night had fallen in earnest, and it was difficult to see the carriage, other than the lanterns which danced dimly by the sides of the box. As it slowed I slipped around the tree to gain a better vantage. It was indeed them. I dashed from my hiding spot, and caught ahold of the door just as it began to cross the stream.

"Stop!" I heard Marcia call out from within. The sudden halting of the carriage caused me to lose purchase on the handle, and I was launched into the stream at the horses' feet. As floundered about, the doors to the box flying open. "Elizabeth, thank god you are alright. When we pulled through the gates, it was with some horror that I discovered my cousin and his party fully installed at the house."

"That is the least of our concerns, Marcia, for Madam Eloise in amongst them. This is why you find me here, in the wood." I walked back to the tree and dragged the well beaten case to the side of the carriage, whereupon, the driver saw fit to help me with it. It was only then that I noticed my cousin's absence. "Where is Sarah!" I cried.

"Fear not Elizabeth, she is safe. She has sent me back to retrieve you and deliver you to your new place of residence." I allowed her to help me into the carriage.

"And where, pray, might that be?" I sighed, my energy simply spent on walking, and dragging and fording streams.

"You shall see, soon enough. We shan't be having to worry about Madam Eloise, and that is reward enough, yes?" She mused.

"Surely there is no place in Devon that is not under her auspices." I curled my legs up underneath me, my clothing wet, and it still being the most comfortable position for them.

"You shan't be in Devon, my dear Elizabeth." Suddenly the lateness of the hour made more sense, for this was surely what they had scheming all day long. "I apologize for my cousin's early arrival, but I give you credit for making yourself scarce. It would not have gone well for you had you been discovered, especially considering Madam Eloise. Even my cousin would have little to say about her making claims on someone he barely knew. You would surely have been whisked away, with very little notice paid." She adjusted her hat in the mirror afforded at the side of the box. Thinking nothing of it, she reached into a small circular box and pulled out a lovely blonde wig. "Put this on, my dear, for you cannot travel as you are." I used the same mirror to settle the thing on my head. Satisfied with the look, I once again sat back.

"Is it far?" I asked, for it certainly must be some distance.

"It is far, and probably a bit farther than you might realize." I settled into my place, as the countryside slipped by outside, the moon having just risen to give a silvery sheen to the passing meadows. It was not my intention, but I faded and slept for most of the journey.

I was awakened by the unmistakable rattle of a steam locomotive, it's puffing journals and cylinders only just outside of our carriage. I was immediately awake, and it was only then that Marcia appeared at the side window, beckoning me to follow. I slipped carefully from the box, nearly missing a step on my way down to the platform. "Where are we, Marcia?" I begged.

"Bristol Station." She said very stoutly, as she grabbed my hand, pushing through a gathering of ladies that had just exited a compartment. We moved quickly, for it was not this train that we would be traveling in. We crossed two bridges until we finally settled on a rather long and busy section of the station. "Here. Here, this is your compartment, Elizabeth." I pulled the handle of the door which released with a mechanical 'click' allowing the narrow door to swing open towards me. As I entered and settled myself into the seat, I suddenly realized that I would be traveling alone. Marcia handed me a clutch, through the window in the door, which she closed firmly. "Take this. Inside is your ticket and a small amount of money. Do not exit the train until you reach Carlisle." She instructed.

"Carlisle? As in Scotland?" I mused.

"Not quite, but by the end of it, you will be." My shocked expression must have amused her, as she finally lightened her countenance. "Sarah will meet you on the platform there, and you will move by carriage to your new home." I didn't even want to know.

"Very well." I resigned. I bowed my head as the train lurched into motion and a distant whistle sounded at the head. "Goodbye, Marcia." She quickly looked quite sad, as if there was a sudden realization.

"I shall miss you, Elizabeth." But the last part of her farewell was drowned out by the clatter of the wheels on the tracks. The realization that my life was changing in a profound way swept over me in a rush, and I felt as though I might swoon. Soon we were well out of Bristol, and the Gloucestershire countryside rolled by in haste outside my window. The night was just now yielding the dawn, and I could no longer disguise my angst. My clothing had all but dried, but was wrinkled and slightly soiled. I tried to ignore it. The towns began to meld together, until there was no telling them apart, Worcester, Birmingham, Manchester. Finally, there were no more towns, and there was only the majesty of the mountains and the lakes. The day was well into the afternoon, and I had purchased a sandwich and a bottle of lemonade from the cart. Penrith, and I knew that my destination was at hand.

Carlisle station was nothing compared to Bristol. The weather was considerably colder than it had been when I left the south, and my clothing, while dry, was rather inadequate. I stepped from the compartment, and realized that I had nothing with me, the case being left behind with Marcia. All I had was my clutch and the hope that Sarah had not forgotten me. The afternoon was again growing old, and the shadows drawn across the platform were an eerie reminder of my solitude. I had stood for nearly thirty minutes by the clock on the wall, and my heart was feeling heavy for it.

"My, you look so forlorn out here, Elizabeth." I spun on my heels and immediately fell into her arms as she took me.

"Sarah! What are we doing, my god!" She took my arm and led me off the breezy platform and into the streets of Carlisle.

"Running away, my dear." We had walked for only a dozen steps when we came across a smallish carriage, partially enclosed at the rear. Enough to shelter us, but not against the chill. We were soon out of the town, and riding north, to Scotland. The road traced the edge of a river, and it was a picturesque sort of setting, the gorse and the heather dotting the moor-like countryside as we rode. We passed through several towns until we turned off onto a track which was obviously not a road.

The light had once again faded, although it was just bright enough to illuminate the battlements of an estate house in the distance. It was a large house, much larger than my cousin's house in Exeter, certainly. There was not a single light on in the place as we approached, and I wondered where we were. "What is this place, Sarah?"

"This is Gansebraigh, cousin. It was my mother's ancestral home." I felt a small amount of anguish as we stopped before the front door.

"Does no one live here?" I begged, not really wanting an answer.

"Not in some ten years, since my aunty passed. Oh, there's the caretaker, but he lives in town some ten miles north." She smiled, her foot already on the ground between the door and myself. "It is mine, and has been since then. I just forgot all about it."

"How could you just forget about a house as grand as this?" I asked, stepping out into the decidedly cold night air.

"Grand? You'll see how grand it is when we get inside." There was no time wasted, as the driver pulled away, leaving us stranded, or so it would seem. She fussed with some keys, finally deciding on one, and turning it in the lock which securely closed the door. Pushing in with some force, the door gave way, revealing a yawning darkness beyond. It was frightening. Fumbling about on the right she struck a flint in a lamp which slowly came to life, revealing what lay about us.

What was once a wooden interior, with paneled walls and ceilings had begun to rot and look dreadful. Another lamp was lit, and more of the same. A damp pall hung in the air, smelling of mildew and mold, and it was hard to imagine living in such a place. "You would have us live here?" I asked.

"Unless you have a better suggestion, yes, Lizzie." She spat. I apologized for my rudeness, as I had no idea what she had been through that day. As we climbed the stairs, the upper level was far less run down. The bedrooms were dry, and as far as I could see, well furnished. What would become our bedroom was large, and housed an enormous canopy bed, presumably her aunts. Large, ornate armoires lined the walls, and were full of clothes. Stacked in the corner of the room were a jumble of cases and bags. "Our things from Exeter."

"You went to the house?" I scolded.

"No, not I. A man from the bank gathered what I instructed him to gather. He had to inspect the place in any event, for the sale." She dropped her head, slightly sad.

"You're selling the house? I exclaimed.

"No, I sold the house, to the bank." My eyes grew large with her telling of the event. She explained how she had liquidated all her assets, including the house, for a sum of cash which she carried with her. All of thirty thousand pounds was stashed in the one case, hidden well inside the base of one of the armoires. This and the income from Pendleton, would suffice to support us through the coming years. The reality of the situation was finally starting to settle, and I suddenly felt extremely isolated.

I loved my cousin, and she and I had become close over the last month. It was however, only a short time ago when she was a ruthless mistress, that had run slipshod over me as her slave, trying to wrest my estate from under me. As much as I trusted her now, I could not get those thoughts out of my mind and they sat in the pit of my stomach like a rock. I laid in a fire in the large hearth that sat opposite the bed, and began to undress.

Sarah had uncorked a bottle of brandy, that was hidden within one of the cases. She sipped at the glass as she watched me. "Take off your wig, my love." I had quite forgotten it, between the state of the house, and my fear. I slipped the blonde curls from my head, and she sighed. "You shan't be needing that whilst we are here, in the wilds." She smiled, the left corner of her mouth rising in a grin. I set the wig in the top drawer of a chest that adorned one corner of the room. When I was finally naked, she set down her glass and silently crossed the room to me. "Now, my love, we are safe from her."

I so wanted to believe her, and for a while, I imagined she was right. How could Eloise find us here? I began to finally relax. Sarah's hands slipped down the small of my back, coming to rest at the top of my bottom, her fingers squeezing as she smiled. "You are my cousin, and I am hopelessly in love with you." She swallowed, and I could tell that she was on the verge of tears.

"I too am smitten, cousin, for although you are my very flesh and blood, I can not imagine feeling as I do about anyone but you." My apprehension over past transgressions allayed, I allowed her to guide me to the bed. Her lips were wet as she kissed me, and her tongue warm as it glided into my mouth. I allowed her to explore, with no such action from myself. It was this simple act of submission, this tiny allowance that reassured her of my fealty. She was set at ease knowing that bond had not been dissolved by Eloise and her dark desires. I fell between her legs as she reclined on the bed, my tongue laving her quim, as she reached to separate her delicate lips for me. As she opened her flower, my tongue was free to explore her, in kind.

Saphhia
Saphhia
411 Followers
12