Kita'thalla Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bowoodstock
Bowoodstock
1,740 Followers

"Ni...I mean, Elder!" she yelled, staring at him wide eyed as he turned his icy gaze back to her. "What are you doing?!" She was utterly confused. Just who was he supporting here? It made no sense for him to shame the son of the Prime Elder, make a stance against him, but then turn around and sentence her to...

"Silence." the word echoed firmly across the chamber as Niko gave her a stern look. Even without yelling he had commanded the attention of everyone present. Seeing that he wasn't going to be interrupted, Niko gave an almost imperceptible nod before speaking again.

"In accordance with ancient law, and the power vested in me as an elder of our people, I sentence the challenger, Kita'tha Tekalla Oreth Shas'el Ko Ketrali, to death by the path of the rogue. Henceforth she shall be an outcast of our kind, fighting and dying for us, but never with us, no longer of a house and a mere shadow of what she once was, and will hereby be known as Kita'thalla Oretho Shas'elo a ko Ketrali."

The chamber was completely silent as his proclamation echoed in the minds of everyone present. Niko suddenly looked very tired, and much older than he had just moments ago. "I am sorry, Kita'thalla." he said, his voice almost a whisper as he closed his eyes. "It was the only way."

She simply nodded, glancing at the other elders surrounding her before reaching up and undoing her topknot. All of them shared the same tired look, as if a heavy burden rested upon their shoulders. The sentence that had been delivered was harsh, but it would give her a chance at achieving her goals, if she survived long enough to do so. She was surprised however, that she had been helped by them in this way. Prior to today she would have gladly killed any of them in retaliation for the coup.

"NIKO!" Duran's voice cut across the silence.

Clearly, she was not the only one surprised as such.

"After supporting me, you would dare betray me, a member of your own cadre like this?!" he yelled, still in disbelief at the turn of events. As a rogue, she was untouchable by him, since she was technically no longer a part of ketral society. It was likely she'd die in the course of duty, that was true, but it was no longer guaranteed, and he hated losing control.

Suddenly, the tired look was gone from Niko's face. His gaze snapped back to the Prime Elder. "I supported you because I believed you had the right idea on how to make Ketra strong. I believed you would bring honor and respect to our race." he retorted, his strong voice piercing the air of the council chamber. "You however, have turned the military of our home world into your plaything, and have made us into nothing more than bullies of the galaxy. Where powerful allies could have been found, you instead conquered and smashed anything that could have been of worth. You weaken us."

Duran growled deep in his throat. "You will pay for this mistake, Niko"

Niko actually gave a short laugh. "Yes, I will. And also for many others." Reaching up to the back of his head, he undid the binding that held his long silver mane into a warrior's topknot, allowing it to flow freely down his back. Ignoring the gasps of the crowd, he pulled it together in one hand, deftly flicking the razor sharp warblade in his other hand behind him to sever the mane at shoulder length. Beside him, the other four elders on the floor had mirrored his actions. Gesturing for Kita'thalla to step up along side him and the other rogues, they faced the podium and bowed down on one knee as the guards finally entered the floor to surround them all.

"I am Nikola, and I am ready to die for Ketra"

"I am Sallukla, and I am ready to die for Ketra"

"I am Riggella, and I am ready to die for Ketra"

"I am Farralla, and I am ready to die for Ketra"

"I am Mirvakla, and I am ready to die for Ketra"

"And I am Kita'thalla, and I am ready to die for Ketra."

Bowoodstock
Bowoodstock
1,740 Followers