Kitty in the Basement Ch. 00

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh?" She asked. Willa sighed.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Richardson, I really appreciate everything you and Mr. Richardson have been doing but...I don't know if I can go back there," she softly admitted. "Hell, I'm already thinking of selling off the TV and stuff on Craig's List or something," she added. Willa couldn't even bring herself to be around anything she had bought for her and Barry to enjoy together. She and Leah had already composed an ad they planned on running for her; all that was needed was for Willa to get the exact measurements of everything she was planning on selling off, and to have them in her possession.

"Oh, I see," Mrs. Richardson said. She sighed. "So, I guess you won't be re-upping your lease then," she sadly stated, referring to Willa having to re-sign her lease agreement in the coming weeks. Willa had been holding off on it and planning to add Barry onto it, but she was glad to see she had done no such thing.

"No.." Willa said, picking up on the note of sadness in Mrs. Richardson's tone. "But, I promise I'll keep up with the last bit of rent," she swore.

"Honey, it seems a little silly for you to pay rent somewhere you're not staying," Mrs. Richardson stated, to which Willa shrugged.

"Well, it'd be easier than putting what I'm keeping in storage until I figure something out," Willa replied. "I'm staying with a friend right now but that's only temporary. Plus, it's the right thing to do. I signed a year lease with you and Mr. Richardson, and I plan on honoring that."

Mrs. Richardson had ended up agreeing to Willa's decision. Mostly because the cost to break the lease would've been more than what Willa paid in rent as it was. The woman was sad to see Willa would no longer be their tenant, but Willa promised she'd keep in touch with the couple no matter what ended up happening.

"So, what are you going to do now?" Leah had asked after Willa returned from her outing and told her what she and Mrs. Richardson had discussed.

"Who knows," Willa murmured, flopping down on the couch. "I guess I'll start looking at apartment listings. With my luck, I'll end up living in some crap shack with some old pervert for a landlord who is more interested in taking rent out in trade," she grumbled.

"Well, if he's cute, does it matter?" Leah joked. Willa simply rolled her eyes in response. Leah was quiet for a moment as she sat down beside her friend. "Hmm," she mused, "you should talk to Dean," she said.

"Why would I talk to Dean about my impending homelessness?" Willa questioned. Dean was one of their mutual male friends. He was pretty much any girl's dream guy: smart, funny, sensitive, incredibly good looking, and successful. When it came to the working world, he was the exact opposite of Barry. He had interned at an advertising firm during college, and had gotten a job with the company the second he graduated. In just the few years of working their, he'd already risen to being a project head for many of their new clients. "And if I were looking for a quickie rebound romp to make me feel better, I really doubt dipping in the friend pool is the way to go," Willa added, assuming Leah meant for Dean to assist in Willa's other problem. If it were anyone else, Willa would have no problem at least considering the fantasy of going there. But she had known Dean for much to long to even consider it as a possibility. At least, that's the line she told herself to ignore the fact that it wasn't as if he'd ever go for her.

"Well, as much as a Dean sponsored roll in the hay could make you feel better," Leah chuckled, "I was more so talking about your main problem. You know Dean did his 'I'm a kickass ad man' laden purchase and bought himself that house," she pointed out. Dean had purchased his own house. He had yet to invite any one over to see the house, stating it was still a bit of a fixer upper and he wanted it to be perfect before hosting any dinner parties in his humble abode.

"And your point is?" Willa questioned.

"I heard it's a pretty big place," Leah shrugged, "I'm sure he wouldn't mind having a roommate."

"Oh, burdening another one of our friends with me, eh?" Willa asked, causing Leah to laugh.

"Hey, sweetie, if I had the space I'd love to keep you here," Leah replied, "but come on, can you really survive another week on my ratty couch?" Willa sighed and nodded, realizing she had a point. "And it is a better plan than moving back in with your parents," Leah added, only solidifying Willa's acquiescence with her line of thought. As much as Willa loved her parents, the idea of moving back home wasn't very appealing. She quite enjoyed living on her own and wasn't about to take a step backwards.

"You're right, but who's to say Dean even wants a roommate?" Willa asked. Leah shrugged.

"It couldn't hurt to ask," she replied. "Worst case scenario? He'll apologetically and remorsefully say no." Willa sighed and nodded.

"I guess I'll talk to him," she said.

"He's going out with us tonight, you can ask him then," Leah replied.

12