Knight Squadron - Mortal Danger

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A Sunsword blade, green around a white core, appeared besides him, and he blinked, not quite able to react further.

Johann's voice came back. "On my signal, jump free."

He was... going to use the Sunsword on the crystals? Aiden said the first thing that came to mind. "Jo, I'll lose fingers."

"Way free. You'll lose more than fingers if you stay there."

He had a point. There was another little twist. Trying to get his legs up to brace against the drone, Aiden managed, "Think you could use the Mystica for me a little nerve blockage? This hurts like crazy."

"I'll try," Johann promised. "Show me the crystals. Look at them closely."

"Ho-kay," Aiden muttered, and leaned in. Behind him the Sunsword moved silently, illuminating the mechanism. He felt something pushing in gently behind his eyes. Jo? Had to be. His instinctive reaction was to push back... he really didn't need anyone else in his mind, thanks... but he didn't.

It was Jo. He trusted Jo.

His eyes moved a little, seemingly of their own volition, and he studied the crystal leads a little. Rather, he let Jo do that. The crystals clenched a little harder and his vision blurred.

The pressure sort of shifted in sympathy, and then there was a sort of twinge as Johann did... something to Aiden's head. The pain faded. Now he was just cold.

"Got it," Johann grunted.

Now he was just cold, and his eyes kept drifting closer and closer to shut. "Got what?"

"The view. Jump on the count of three." The Sunsword dodged his body and moved closer in, hovering very near the panel. "One... Two... Three." There was a pause. "Jump, Aiden!"

Oh. Right. Aiden pushed off. It was a pathetic attempt, but he made it, and below him Johann's Sunsword flashed. One of the crystals came free and spun lazily, reflecting the Sunsword's glow from its facets.

"Ooh," Aiden crooned before his body spun him out of view. "Pretty." He clutched his right hand and couldn't feel it. It was over now, and at the moment he didn't terribly care what "it" was. His eyes closed. Vaguely he hoped that he hadn't pushed off hard enough to break the hose tethering him to his Valkyrie... well, he couldn't worry about it now.

Off in the distance, he heard Jo saying, "Aiden, reel in!" and then, as he passed out, "Knight Leader to Hess. Explosives disarmed. Request medical pickup. Now."

***

The End!

12