Know Thy Self, know Thy Enemy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TCct
TCct
555 Followers

Her affair with Dan and Jim's subsequent actions had left her in very poor financial shape. She didn't have a lot of spare money or time these days and seemed tired all of the time. She was a little less frightened these days. As near as anyone could figure out Jim had left Texas nearly a year ago and she had begun to feel like that chapter of her life was coming to a close.

Finally!

She was just going through her mail when she noticed a postcard. She was curious. She didn't remember anyone she knew as travelling at the moment.

Kate looked at the front of the postcard. It was from Majuro, in the Marshall Islands. On the front it showed a beautiful beach scene at sunset, or sunrise, how the fuck should she know? Also on the front super imposed over the beach scene were the words "Wish you were...".

She turned it over and gasped.

In Jim's handwriting was a single word angrily penned.

"DEAD"

-Jim-

Jim, the money and household items were never seen again. Jim had left Texas shortly after his commitment to the State was satisfied and fled to the Marshall Islands.

He was a changed man and not for the better. Maybe a broken man was a better way to describe it.

His wife's affair and betrayal had started the transformation and Dan's taunting and Jim's violent reaction had deepened that change.

Prison had sealed it. Prison is not the kind of place a man is likely to heal. More than likely, he'll come out more damaged than when he entered.

Jim Scott was no exception.

A once happy, loyal, non-violent, hard-working citizen was transformed into a hate-filled, vengeful man capable of extreme violence and incapable of empathy or forgiveness.

He had never fulfilled his promise to Dan Pratt in that he never did beat him again. He never had to - it turned out that another beating was unnecessary and Jim didn't mind one little bit - the asshole was dead.

Now about his ex-wife...well there was still work to be done there.

TCct
TCct
555 Followers