La Sonrisa

Story Info
My beach encounter is very memorable.
1k words
4.4
5.4k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was early. Too early to be awake on a Sunday with no plans. She could tell, though, that attempts to slip back into slumber would be fruitless. So instead she closed her eyes and just let her mind wander where it may.

The Chinese delivery guy? Why was he popping into her head? Sure, he was good looking, and kind. But their encounter was brief and he was so young. Still, if that's really where her mind wanted to go...

As she let her thoughts off the leash, she had a flash of a stretch of perfect shoreline. It was a crescent of soft white sand that met the clearest, bluest water she had ever seen. Palm trees abounded, and there was a donkey at the far end. St. John!

She instantly realized why the delivery guy had made such an impression on her. It was the smile. The smile of the man all those years ago.

...

She'd had a rough few months at work. Then the loss of her grandfather. She needed to get away. She needed to truly let go and turn off her brain. She knew that meant the beach. But not any beach. The sound and sight of the Atlantic Ocean's waves were nice, even mesmerizing. But she needed to be in the water, which meant it had to be clear and calm and warm.

...

She arrived in St. Thomas Friday evening. She slept in on Saturday and spent the day drinking piña coladas at the resort pool. Their man-made beach was an insult, full of coral. After two dips she knew it wasn't what she wanted; it was a nuisance more than a salve. A consultation with the concierge resulted in a ticket on Sunday's shuttle to St. John.

The trip over was easy, as was the bus ride to Trunk Bay, one of very few public beaches on the under-developed island. When she arrived, she wended her way through the grove of trees, marveled at the roaming donkeys, and kept going, as if pulled by a magnet, to the sand. She staked out a spot, put on her SPF 30, and headed for the water's edge.

As promised, and hoped for, the water was perfection! Calm and clear and gorgeous shades of blue and green. She bobbed around, and after checking out the view of the shore, closed her eyes and just relaxed. She was in her Happy Place.

...

A while later (how long she had no idea), she was practically bowled over! She abruptly opened her eyes but the sun was so bright she couldn't see. She grabbed her shades from the top of her head just in time to see a head break the surface. Expecting a clueless, galavanting child, she instead saw a man. And as he emerged, she realized he was a prime specimen. Tall and fit, agile and strong. He immediately began to apologize, explaining he'd been following the snorkeling trail downbeach but then veered off course to follow a particularly beautiful fish. He hadn't realized she was there until it was too late. And then he smiled. Part naughty boy, part old kind soul, all devastating. She just stared.

Her silence persisted long enough for it to get uncomfortable. She realized he was waiting for her to reply. But to what? She'd stopped hearing anything after he flashed that smile. And now she was watching drops of water fall to his shoulders and chest from his wavy hair. He started speaking again, but as if in a language she'd never heard. She just stared.

She came back to her senses enough to recognize his look of concern. How long had she been watching the droplets? She made herself focus, smiled genuinely, and apologized for her inattention, saying she'd probably been out in the sun a little too long.

He suggested they get her to some shade and asked where her umbrella was. When she replied she hadn't rented one, he grabbed her hand and started leading her out of the water and to the far end of the crescent. She let herself just go with him. Somehow she instinctively knew he posed no danger, that he was trying to take care of her, and she appreciated it.

They got to nearly the end of the beach and he pulled her under the trees. There was a large towel laid out, plus a bag and a pile of clothes. It was shady and once they were out if the direct sun, the temperature dropped precipitously. He helped her sit down on the towel. She was feeling like her head was spinning. Maybe it really was the sun. Or maybe it was just him.

He offered her a drink from a bottle of water. She declined. He insisted. She drank.

He lowered himself to sit next to her. He gave her as much space as the towel would allow, which wasn't much. But she didn't feel invaded.

They sat there, side by side, nearly touching, watching the perfect water. They didn't say anything, but every once in awhile, he'd glance her way and smile that devastating whole face smile. And she would smile back.

...

After maybe an hour, he said he had to go. He asked if he could bring her things over to the shade. She agreed and directed him. When he returned, in what seemed like an instant, he suggested they exchange towels so she wouldn't have to get up. She thought to herself she didn't mind getting up, but said nothing. She wanted his towel.

He put his clothes on over his mostly dry suit, packed everything else (including her towel) in his bag, and slung it over his shoulder. He held out his hand to say goodbye, and held on to her hand a few beats longer than necessary, as she'd hoped he would. Then he was gone.

...

For years he was the star of her fantasies. But as time passed, his face, his body, his hair, even his smile faded in her mind's eye. Eventually her fantasies were populated with others, and she hadn't thought of him in some time. Until yesterday's delivery boy's smile triggered a dear old memory she'd forgotten she had. It was good to have him back. She laughed out loud as she thought how much less self-censoring she was these days, and hoped he'd enjoy all the new elements and activities that were included in her current fantasies.