La Vita Dolce Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
theDuskyGirl
theDuskyGirl
1,100 Followers

He changed out of his damp shirt, readjusted his shoulder holster and slipped a white envelope into his pocket. "Let's go." He took her hand. Just as they were about to leave, Gianni turned back and shoved his computer consul off his desk. It shattered on the floor.

"Uhh..." Natasha started but Gianni grabbed her hand and nearly dragged her out the door. They made their way down the ornately carved staircase and walked right towards the front door where the two guards stood watch. When Natasha balked he tightened his hold on her and pulled her after him.

The two guards were too concentrated on Natasha's legs and cleavage to ponder where she had come from. Natasha lowered her shades and winked at one of the men as Gianni led her to the car.

He settled her in before getting in himself. He revved the engine and they shot away from the Villa. ***

Gianni pulled the Beamer up in front of a posh cliff side villa. Natasha sighed as an attendant handed her out of the car. "What's this?" she asked Gianni as she stepped out of the car.

"Another hotel? I don't think I can handle another hotel. I feel like I've been living in them for my whole life."

Gianni came to stand beside her as the attendant unloaded Natasha's suitcases from the trunk. "No, it's not a hotel."

"Then what..." she stopped at the pained expression on his face.

"C'mon." he led her toward the door. "It's one of your uncle's houses." He said softly.

"What!" she turned abruptly to make her make her way back to the car when Gianni grabbed her arm.

"Natasha, stop."

She raised pleading eyes to him that were nearly his undoing. "What are we doing here?"

For one weak moment, Gianni considered changing his mind, keeping her and letting the fates fall as they may. One quick flash of memory, lifeless blue eyes, chased that thought from his mind. He knew he must play this to the hilt, even if it tore his soul from his body. Straightening, he raised his chin, his attitude cool and indifferent. "I'm leaving you here."

He wrapped his hand in a grip of steel around her upper arm, nearly lifting her off the floor as he propelled her toward the door. She was too stunned to even stand her ground. They were inside the door before she protested.

"Hey, what's going on?" She yanked at his grasp. "And do you mind if I arrive with my arm intact?"

Gianni lessened the pressure on her arm only the slightest bit. She was trying to plant her feet, but against his persistence it was like an ant trying to stop a tiger. He almost smiled at her nearly childish efforts to get away.

Natasha didn't understand what was going on. Had she missed something? She wasn't sure whether to panic or get mad. He dragged her through the main hall and up the grand staircase leading to the second floor.

"Excuse me, Gianni. Would you mind cutting the 'silent tough-guy' routine long enough to tell me what's going on?"

Gianni stopped and released her so suddenly that she almost fell. She felt she recovered well, though, placing her palm against the wall to steady herself. She glared up into his face, indignant.

She rubbed the circulation back into her arm.

Gianni crossed his arms over his chest. "I have wasted enough time with you. You're a nuisance that I am about to be rid of."

Natasha felt the fear returning full-force tinged with hurt and confusion. "What are you talking about?"

Gianni's lips spread in a predatory smile she had never seen grace his masculine features before. His voice was a low, angry hiss. "You were fun for a while. But you've proven to be more trouble than you're worth."

He grabbed her by the shoulders, pulling her onto her toes to bring her face closer to his. "You're a walking disaster and you're probably going to get me killed. You're amusing in bed, I'll give you that, but I've had better and you can be replaced. Maybe a woman who will be a less of a chore and doesn't get me shot."

He pushed her away from his body, ensuring that she hit the wall with just enough force to let her know he was serious. The pain in her tear shimmered eyes was nearly his undoing.

Natasha's soft, emotion choked whisper held all that she was feeling: confusion, shock, fear and, most of all, pain. "But you said you loved me."

Gianni clenched his jaw, an outer reflection of the tightening of his inner control. If he didn't get her out of his sight soon, he knew he would never be able to let her go. He took her arm again, more gently this time, and steered her into a large bedroom. She offered no resistance. She walked as if in a daze, staring straight ahead as they entered the.

As he started to step away from her, she grabbed his sleeve. He had to strain to hear her whispered question. "Will you come back?"

Gianni marveled at her indomitable spirit and optimism. After all the things he had said to her, her voice was still laced with a tiny thread of hope.

He shook off her hand. Chin high, he actually looked down his nose at her, contempt the likes of which she had never seen evident in every fine angle of his handsome face, least of all directed at her. "No, Natasha, I will not. I'm not coming back"

She flinched as if he had struck her. Taking a deep breath, she straightened, her eyes clearing and regaining their focus. Her voice was a little stronger, as she tried desperately to regain her dignity. She lifted her chin, ignoring the tears threatening to well over. "Fine. I won't bother putting you on my Christmas list then. It was great playing mafioso with you, Signore Angiolini. Give the whole family my regards."

Tears streamed down her face, but she just brushed them away with a quick move of her hand. The strain of holding back sobs showed in every line, every move of her face and body. Natasha glared at Gianni and when he turned and grabbed the door handle. Seeing her control break, and he knew that only when he closed the door would she give in to the pain he had caused her.

Gianni was only vaguely aware of his actions as he locked the door from the outside. Natasha's tear-streaked face remained in his vision long after he had gotten into his car, driven away from the Pezzini villa, and he had returned to his own hotel room. As his own tears finally escaped his hold he dropped his head back, he closed his eyes, his whisper for his ears only. "Arrivederci, bella, my heart."

theDuskyGirl
theDuskyGirl
1,100 Followers