Lady Gambler Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

For Rick it was a disappointment. He wasn’t about to settle for anything less than the death penalty. He felt the district attorney had let him down, not so much for his father and brother as much as for Michelle.

Charlene and Scott stood outside the courtroom, trying to console Rick. Two well-dressed men and a woman approached them. They asked to speak with Rick. Scott recognized them as some of the people George Ferris had conducted business with during their frequent trips to south Florida. Scott stood between them and Rick, keeping them apart.

“Please, just leave us alone.” Charlene pleaded. “We’ve all been through enough.”

The trio nodded and quickly walked off. Charlene suggested Rick accompany them back to Scott’s hotel so they could talk. Reluctantly, Rick agreed. Sitting in Scott’s hotel room, Charlene reviewed with Rick what she’d accomplished regarding the liquidation of his father’s estate.

“I was lucky to sell the house for half the market value. Charlene stated. “It was difficult to even get anyone to look at it.”

“I’ve managed to sell off all your father’s investment assets except for the warehouse he’d recently purchased.” She added. “You need to keep it along with the ranch in Colorado.”

“No. I don’t want any of it.” Rick mumbled. “Get rid of it all.”

“Well, I won’t argue with you.” Charlene said. “If you’re absolutely sure that’s what you want, I’ll take care of it.”

“I’m sure. Sell everything.” Rick muttered. “I don’t care about anything anymore.”

It was useless to try and talk any sense to him. His grieving was overriding his sense of better judgment. Rick left the hotel room to return to his job at the ranch just outside of Prescott. His leaving felt so final for both Scott and Charlene. Charlene couldn’t hold back the tears as they streamed down her face. Scott put his arms around her but it was of little help.

“What now?” Scott inquired. “What are you going to do after all this is over?”

“I’m not sure.” Charlene responded. “I don’t have much of a reason to stay here. You left, why shouldn’t I do the same?”

“Keep in touch.” Scott said. “You’ve got my cell phone number. You know where I’m at if you need me.”

Charlene drove home, not sure of what she was going to do. Getting away from Phoenix and all that had happened seemed the most logical. Once Ferris’s last two assets were liquidated, she’d be out of a job.

Charlene awoke early Wednesday morning. After eating a light breakfast, she sat in the livingroom contemplating her next move.

“The warehouse Ferris had recently purchased was an incredible investment.” She thought. “Maybe Rachael would be interested in buying it at the original purchase price.”

It was still early in Vegas. She thought it best to wait till late morning to phone Rachael in case she was a late sleeper. The thought of selling the ranch off was hard to think about. Maybe she’d stall for awhile, just in case Rick might change his mind later on. After much thought, that’s what she decided to do.

It was almost 11:00am in Las Vegas when Charlene phoned Rachael Coulter. After some idle chit-chat and answering Rachael’s questions about Frank Henderson’s trial, Charlene brought up the subject of the warehouse she was liquidating for Rick. After reviewing the revenues and purchase price, it didn’t take much convincing to stir Rachael’s interest.

“Why don’t you come up for a visit?” Rachael suggested. “Bring the information on the warehouse with you so we can discuss it further.”

“Let me know your flight number and I’ll have Glenn pick you up at the airport.” She added.

“I think I’ll drive this time instead of fly.” Charlene responded. “That way I’ll have my own car while I’m there.”

“I want you to stay here at the house with Glenn and me so don’t make a reservation at any of the hotels. OK.” Rachael insisted.

Charlene agreed to stay at Rachael’s desert home, informing her she’d leave the following morning. After gathering up all the material and information on the warehouse project, she spent the rest of the day doing laundry and packing for the trip. She carefully packed Michelle’s laptop in her attaché. It was the only thing, except for a handful of pictures; she’d kept of Michelle’s.

The next morning, Charlene took her time making the drive up to Vegas. The passing desert scenery seemed endless. Arriving in Las Vegas just before noon, Charlene turned west towards Rachael’s home.

Glenn answered the door; his smiling face presented a warm greeting. After giving Charlene a brief hug and kiss on the cheek, he led her into Rachael’s office. Rachael was sitting behind her desk, going over some paperwork.

“Let me have your car keys and I’ll bring in your luggage.” Glenn suggested.

“I’m glad to see you made it alright.” Rachael said. “I hope you’ll consider staying longer this time.”

“Well, maybe for a few days.” Charlene responded. “I’m not in any hurry to get back to Phoenix.”

“Why don’t we eat some lunch before we discuss business?” Rachael suggested.

Over lunch the two women discussed the latest news and what was going on in Vegas. The subject of Ferris’s son, Rick came up.

“He wants me to sell the ranch in Colorado but I’m going to stall on it for awhile.” Charlene stated. “I’ll keep the taxes paid up on it. He’s got so much money just sitting in the bank now, he’ll never know.”

“You think he’ll ever change his mind?” Rachael inquired.

“Maybe after a few years.” Charlene answered. “He’s still grieving for Michelle.”

“What are your plans?” Rachael asked. “What are you going to do?”

“I’m not sure. Maybe move back east.” Charlene replied.

“Would you consider working for me?” Rachael inquired, coyly smiling.

“I need a full-time assistant to help me.” She added. “And with your investment background, you’d be a valuable asset.”

Rachael’s offer sounded very tempting but Charlene wanted to think about it before making a decision. Rachael hadn’t mentioned money. Maybe that and a few benefits were negotiable.

The two women returned to Rachael’s office to discuss the purchase of the warehouse project down in Phoenix. Rachael reviewed the material and looked at the pictures Michelle had taken when the building was originally purchased. After asking a few questions, Rachael made her decision to make the investment.

“What do I need to do now?” Rachael asked.

“Let me get the ownership transfer papers prepared, then you can just execute another electronic transfer of funds.” Charlene responded.

“You make it all so easy!” Rachael exclaimed. “You really need to consider my job offer.”

Charlene nodded her head. She was considering it and very seriously.

That evening, Glenn drove Rachael and Charlene into Las Vegas to attend some stage shows. Afterwards they enjoyed a late dinner at the Luxor. It was well after midnight before the trio returned to Rachael’s home.

“Would you like a little company tonight?” Rachael whispered when they entered the house.

“I’m still a little sore from the last time!” Charlene quipped.

“Hmmmmmm. Well, it wasn’t Glenn I had in mind.” Rachael retorted, grinning.

“Sounds intriguing.” Charlene replied. “Your bedroom or mine?”

Rachael led Charlene to her bedroom. After undressing and grabbing a quick shower together, the two stretched out on the cool sheets or Rachael‘s bed. Rachael’s lips teased Charlene’s, soft gentle kisses. Charlene’s passions slowly rose as their kissing continued. Her breathing became quite heavy. Rachael’s hands brushed over Charlene’s firm breasts. Her nipples immediately responded, blossoming. Rachael’s expert lips suckled on her nipples, lightly pulling on them. Charlene’s lips emitted deep moans.

Rachael’s hand moved between Charlene’s legs, spreading them slightly. Her fingers eased over the wet slit, teasing it. Charlene’s legs sprang open, allowing Rachael easier access. Her hips bucking, Charlene was nearing orgasm. Rachael’s tongue licked at Charlene’s pussy, flicking at her clit.

Straddling Charlene’s face, Rachael lowered her pussy. Charlene’s mouth kissed and nibbled at Rachael’s pussy, driving her close to the edge. Sucking hard on her clit, she got Rachael off. Her orgasm quivered her body uncontrollably. Rachael buried her face between Charlene’s legs, muffling her moans. Charlene continued working Rachael’s pussy, using two fingers to stimulate her clitoris.

Rachael retrieved a huge penis-shaped dildo from the nightstand. Spreading Charlene’s pussy open, she lubricated the dildo with her saliva, before gently inserting it. Charlene’s butt lifted off the bed, feeling the dildo spreading the walls of her pussy open. Rachael plunged the dildo in and out, rotating it. Charlene’s fingers worked feverously on Rachael’s clit. Both women neared the throws of ecstasy. Coming together, the two women almost rolled off the bed. Charlene’s orgasm was implausible, her juices flowed from her pussy, dripping down on the soaked sheets. Rachael and Charlene, both gasped for breath. Rachael gently kissed the mound over Charlene’s pussy, slowly sliding the huge dildo from her pussy.

Both Rachael and Charlene lie motionless on the soaked sheets, their bodies totally spent. Gradually they fell off to sleep. The cool air slowly dried their sweat-soaked bodies.

Awakening the next morning, Rachael noticed the two had been covered with a light comforter. Figuring Glenn had checked on her sometime during the night, as was often his habit, it must have been him. Charlene was still sound asleep. Rachael eased off the bed, slipping off to the bathroom for a shower. After drying herself off and checking on the still sleeping Charlene, she put on a robe and walked downstairs to the kitchen.

Juanita was working in the kitchen, fixing breakfast for Glenn who was sitting out on the covered terrace. Smiling at the young Hispanic girl, she poured herself a cup of coffee.

“Should I fix another breakfast for your guest?” Juanita inquired, returning her smile.

“Let’s let her sleep till she wakes up on her own.” Rachael replied. “We’ll see what she wants then.”

Rachael passed through the open French doors, stepping out onto the cool surface of the tiled terrace. Glenn watched her approaching him, pushing out one of the chairs at the table.

“I take it, you slept well last night.” He quipped, grinning.

“I take it you checked on me last night.” Rachael bantered back, sitting down in the chair.

“I know how you get when you sleep without being covered up.” Glenn responded. “Your head gets all stuffed up and you’re miserable for much of the day.”

“You worry too much about me.” Rachael said, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

“You think Charlene will take the job as your assistant?” Glenn asked. “Or has she already made up her mind?”

“I hope I helped make her mind up for her.” Rachael quipped, grinning. “We have alot in common.”

“Doesn’t she have a boyfriend down in Phoenix?” He inquired. “Some guy she met over the internet.”

“Charlene said he broke up with her right after the shooting.” Rachael replied. “Guess he got scared off.”

“Have you talked to her about managing the escort service?” Glenn murmured.

“No! Not yet!” Rachael exclaimed. “Let’s get her to agree to be my assistant first. I may have to sweeten the offer to make it more tempting. Charlene’s no dumb-ass!”

“I think you see alot of Michelle in Charlene.” Glenn stated.

Nodding her head, Rachael responded. “Yes, and that’s why I want her working for me.” It was almost 9:00am when Charlene woke up. Noticing she was alone in the bed, she took a few moments to get her bearings before walking down the hallway to the guest bedroom. After showering and getting dressed, she looked through the house for Rachael.

Finding Rachael in her office going over some bills, she knocked on the doorframe before entering. Rachael gestured for her to come in.

“Juanita’s out in the kitchen.” She said. “She’ll be more than happy to fix you some breakfast.”

“Oh, thanks but I hardly ever eat anything of a morning.” Charlene responded. “Usually just a cup or two of coffee is about it.”

Rachael and Charlene walked through the house towards the kitchen. Juanita poured them each a cup of coffee, offering to fix breakfast for Charlene. Charlene thanked her, politely declining the offer.

The two women sat out on the terrace sipping the hot coffee. Rachael was hoping for an answer from Charlene about the job offer but she didn’t want to appear overly anxious.

Charlene sensed Rachael’s anxiety, playing it very cool.

“If she really wants me to move here and work for her, she’ll have to make me a damn good deal.” She thought. “That’s the way Michelle would have played it.”

“We’re having alot of guests coming in tonight and tomorrow night for some high-stakes poker.” Rachael stated. “I’d like for you to be in attendance, kind of mingle with the guests and help me out socializing with everyone.”

“Sure.” Charlene replied. “I’d be more than happy to help out.”

“What should I wear?” She asked.

“Did you happen to bring something dressy or formal, maybe an evening dress?” Rachael replied.

Laughing, Charlene responded. “I don’t even own an evening dress. I didn’t think about bringing anything formal.”

“That’s not a problem.” Rachael said. “I’ll have Glenn take you into town for some shopping. He knows where I have accounts.”

Charlene thanked Rachael for her offer; feeling it was just another step to entice her into accepting the job offer. Charlene decided to do a little probing and find out more about the job.

“As your assistant, what kind of work would I be doing?” She asked.

“Well, naturally I want you to continue working on my investment portfolio. That would be your main job.” Rachael responded. “I’ve got another business enterprise that takes up more of my time than I like.”

“I’d like for you to take over managing the operation.” Rachael added. “You’ll be working closely with Glenn and Crystal.”

Charlene sensed Rachael was doing her best not to come right out and state what the “business enterprise” was. Remembering back to working for Ferris all those years, she wasn’t about to put herself in the same situation again. Not wanting to jump to any conclusions, Charlene decided to press for more details.

“What kind of managing will I be doing?” She asked. “What exactly does Glenn do and who is Crystal?”

“Glenn is sort of my money man, a banker of sorts.” Rachael stated, trying to sound coy. “Crystal is my office manager. She takes care of making all the arrangements.”

Charlene didn’t reply, deciding silence would force Rachael to give her more details.

“It would involve you managing my escort service.” Rachael finally spoke. “It’s all legal and above board and we are licensed.”

“So, it’s not prostitution?” Charlene inquired. “Nothing involving call girls.”

“No, nothing like that at all.” Rachael replied, doing her best to keep from smiling.

Charlene wasn’t buying it, not one word of it. Serious doubts about even considering the job filled her mind. Rachael sensed her deep apprehension. She had to think of something quick.

“I’m willing to make you a generous proposition.” Rachael added. “We haven’t discussed salary or benefits yet.”

“Ready to go shopping?” Glenn asked, approaching the two women.

“Yeah, I guess.” Charlene answered.

“Get her some nice clothes.” Rachael stated. “And stop by that new jewelers in the Imperial Palace!”

Glenn and Charlene spent the rest of the day shopping in some of the most exclusive shops in Las Vegas. Unlike most men, Glenn enjoyed shopping. Charlene was conservative when it came to clothes. Even though she had great legs and often wore her skirts well above the knee, she was far from the mini-skirt generation.

At one of the clothing stores, Glenn picked out three evening gowns he wanted Charlene to try on. He carried them into one of the large dressingrooms.

“Try this red dress on first, the one with all the glitter.” He ordered before stepping to the side.

“You planning on staying in here with me?” Charlene asked, slightly grinning.

“You don’t mind, do you?” He replied, smiling. “I may need to help you with a zipper or button.”

Since Glenn had more than seen her naked, she didn’t hesitate to get undressed in front of him. The red dress with swirls of glitter fit great and looked fantastic. Charlene smiled, looking at herself in the full-length mirror in the dressing room. Glenn really liked it, complimenting her several times. The slit up the side was more than halfway up her left thigh, showing an ample amount of leg.

“Try the other two on so I can see how they look.” Glenn commanded. “Especially this white, sequin dress.”

Charlene tried on the other two dresses. They both looked great on her. It was hard to make a decision on which one she liked best. Glenn entered the dressing room with another dress, draped over his arm. She had to try it on, just to please him. It was a long sheath dress, which fit her perfectly.

“What do you think?” Charlene asked. “I like the red dress with the swirl.”

“They all look great on you.” He complimented. “I’m not making the choice.”

Charlene took the long sheath dress off hanging it back on the hanger. Standing in her underwear and high-heels was a little more than Glenn was willing to pass up. He slipped up behind her. With one hand on her waist, he brushed Charlene’s shoulder length hair to the side with the other. His warm lips kissed the back of her neck lightly. Traveling down over her shoulders, his hot breath and kisses sent tingling sensations down her back.

“Glenn, not here!” She murmured. “People might hear us.”

Glenn wasn’t about to stop. Pushing Charlene’s panties down to her knees, he moved her feet apart. His right hand slipped around in front of her, pulling Charlene back to him. Slipping down over her soft pubic hair, his fingers pressed between legs. Charlene’s pussy was getting wetter the more he rubbed her. Charlene was gritting her teeth to keep from moaning out loud. One of Glenn’s fingers slid deep inside her pussy, making a swirling motion. Charlene’s legs were quivering. Glenn held her tight against him, supporting her. Teasing her sensitive clit, Charlene had an incredible orgasm, moaning aloud. Glenn quickly put his hand over her mouth to muffle the sound. Charlene’s ass bucked back into Glenn till the orgasm subsided. Glenn waited till she regained control of herself and her breathing returned to normal before releasing her.

“I just couldn’t resist the temptation.” Glenn whispered in Charlene’s ear. “Making you cum is such a turn-on.”

Charlene didn’t reply. She just turned around and kissed him passionately on the lips. It was her way of letting him know, she wasn’t upset by his actions.

After getting dressed and checking herself in the mirror, the two exited the dressingroom. Glenn carried the four dresses up to the clerk, purchasing the lot.

“You’re not buying all of them, are you?” Charlene asked, surprised.

“I told you I couldn’t make a choice.” He responded. “I liked them all.”

After eating a late lunch in one of the restaurants at the Imperial Palace, Glenn guided Charlene to a fashionable and expensive jewelry store that had just opened in the hotel.

When the clerk asked if she could help them, Glenn asked to see earring and necklace sets. Charlene stood to the side while Glenn and the clerk looked over the selections. Charlene nixed everything the two picked out. It all looked too gaudy or was way too expensive. When it came to jewelry, Glenn’s taste leaned towards the extravagant. After a little coaxing, she finally agreed to let Glenn purchase a diamond dinner ring for her. That seemed to make him happy.

Dressing for Friday night’s party, Charlene decided to wear the long red evening gown with the glitter swirl. Guests and poker players were arriving by limo and private vehicles. Standing next to Rachael at the door, she assisted in greeting everyone. Glenn was directing some of the guests up to the large game room on the second floor. Rachael excused herself to take care of the players. Most carried briefcases, which Charlene surmised contained lots of cash.