Lady Gambler Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Charlene spent the evening mixing with the guests, making sure they had everything they desired. She noticed quite a few of the men had wives much younger than themselves. It wasn’t surprising, just something she picked up on. While a few of the men and poker players showed more than a casual interest in her, Charlene played it cool, not knowing who was married and who wasn’t. It was early morning, almost 3:00am before the last of the players left the desert home. Charlene was tired, her feet more than anything, from standing most of the evening.

“How about a drink before turning in?” Rachael inquired.

“That sounds good.” Charlene responded. “Maybe a glass of wine.”

Glenn fixed the three of them drinks. Sitting in the expansive livingroom, they discussed the night’s activities. From the conversation, Charlene concluded Rachael had taken in alot more than usual, more than $45,000!

It was after 4:00 before Charlene got to bed. She fell off to sleep immediately………and alone.

Sleeping through the morning, it was just almost noon when she awoke. The house was quiet except for the cleaning service performing their tasks. Charlene took a long, leisurely shower. The warm streams of water cascaded over her body, refreshing her. Drying herself off and getting dressed, she proceeded downstairs. Rachael was sitting out on the terrace reading the morning paper. Pouring herself a cup of coffee, Charlene decided to join her.

“You feel like talking about the job offer?” Rachael inquired.

“Well, I’m willing to hear what you’ve got to say.” Charlene responded.

“How about $2500 a week?” Rachael suggested. “And ten percent on investments you make for me.”

“Is the offer negotiable or is that your best offer?” Charlene asked.

“It’s the same offer I made to Michelle.” Rachael replied.

“Can you give me a little more time to make up my mind?” Charlene requested.

Reluctantly, Rachael agreed to wait until later in the day for Charlene to make up her mind, hoping for a positive response.

Sitting on the foot of the bed in the guestroom, Charlene used her cell phone to call Scott in Taos to get an opinion on Rachael’s offer. After a brief discussion of the job details and salary offer, she decided to accept the job offer. Scott suggested she wait till the last minute to inform Rachael of her decision in the event she might throw in a benefit or two.

“Maybe she’ll throw in one of those escort studs of hers as a bonus!” Scott kidded her.

“One! Hell, I need more than one!” Charlene joked back.

Late in the afternoon, Charlene informed Rachael of her decision. She was thrilled at hearing the good news, giving Charlene a warm hug.

“I know the two of us are going to work great together.” Rachael said. “I feel you’re someone I can really trust.”

“Monday, we’ll need to sit down and discuss things in more detail.” She added.

Saturday evening’s party went smoothly, plenty of poker players and invited guests filled Rachael’s desert home. Charlene, wearing the white sequin evening gown, attracted much of the attention, especially from the male quests. Rachael was beaming, introducing Charlene as her new assistant and investment counselor. Charlene mingled with the guests, helping Rachael keep everyone happy. Quite a few men close to her age showed more than a passing interest in Charlene. Late in the evening, Charlene stepped out on the terrace, walking out towards the pool. Sitting down in one of the lounge chairs, she was approached by a gentlemen stepping out for a smoke.

“Good evening!” He greeted. “I just had to come out and meet you.”

“Oh, and why’s that?” Charlene inquired with a friendly smile.

“For one reason, you seem very intriguing but mostly because I find you very beautiful.” He complimented.

Charlene blushed at his compliments, something she hadn’t done for quite sometime.

“I’m Ron Coulter, Rachael’s brother.” He introduced himself, putting his hand out.

“Hello Ron, I’m Charlene Stevenson.” Charlene responded, shaking his hand.

Ron Coulter was in his early forties, tall and slender. His tanned face was most handsome with beautiful steel blue eyes. His dark gray hair made him look older than he actually was.

“I understand your going to be Rachael’s investment counselor.” He said. “And also her assistant.”

“Yes, at least for awhile anyway.” Charlene responded.

“For awhile, that sounds so temporary.” Ron stated, softly smiling at Charlene.

“Well, I’m not sure how long I can take all this nightlife!” Charlene quipped. “It’s a little overwhelming.”

“Not all of Vegas is nightlife.” Ron stated. “There’s lots of things going on besides gambling and entertainment.”

“Maybe you’ll give me the opportunity to show you around.” He added.

“That would be nice.” Charlene replied. “After I get moved and settled in, I may take you up on your offer.”

Waiting till Ron finished his cigarette; the two strolled back towards the house. Ron put his arm around Charlene’s waist pulling her close to him. He took advantage of the darkness to kiss Charlene softly on the lips. Charlene offered no resistance, enjoying both his touch and his lips.