Lady Hideaway Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Blulady
Blulady
626 Followers

The colors brightened the room, and for the first time in what must have been months she sat down in her living room alone, the feel of her own sofa hardly familiar against her back. It was strange really, but as she sat there looking around the room she began to feel relaxed, the knot that constantly tightened in her chest had started to fade... and then she remembered the door. She had to lock the door.

Tessa stood up and moved towards the front entrance. Every time she neared the front door she felt nauseous. It was what was outside the door that frightened her, but the door itself was still intimidating, and she thought her heart was going to stop as the knob turned before she even reached it, and she lunged back as it swung open, nearly hitting her.

Her scream was caught in her throat as Conner Desway came face to face with her, obviously just as surprised to see her, but then his surprise turned to concern. He had managed to frighten her again and he was scolding himself for it as he watched her back up. She was going to run into the same stand he had run into his first day there, and without thinking about it he reached out and grabbed her hand to pull her away from the stand.

His strong hand over her own brought Tessa back to reality and she quickly caught herself and pulled away. The feel of his worked hands could still be felt on her fingers and she held it for a moment.

"I'm sorry Ms. Aarons." His smile had returned, "I didn't mean to frighten you... I'm finished, I just wanted to bring these in..."

He held up the small bouquet of flowers he had with him and Tessa found herself doing little more than staring again.

"For your vase." Conner smiled, pointing to the stand behind her, "I thought you'd like something to put in it."

"Thank you." Tessa managed as he offered her the flowers, but she couldn't reach for them, fortunately he was kind enough to set them on the table rather than force them into her hands.

"I'm sort of glad I ran into you." Conner said as he walked towards the living room and looked at his work, "I know I should have asked you first, but I wasn't sure how to get a hold of you, and I didn't want to bother you... I thought the room could use some color. If you don't like it I can come back tomorrow and paint it the way you asked me to in the first place."

It took Tessa a moment to figure out what he meant. The flower pattern, that's what he meant, she realized.

"Yes." She said, "I mean, I like it."

"Good." He sighed, sounding relieved.

Conner didn't know what had provoked him to add to her decorating, but he had, and had been somewhat worried about it after it was finished. After a moment of staring into the room he realized he was lingering. He had already frightened her, and he should leave, but now that his job was finished he would likely not see her again unless he happened to see her when he picked up more groceries next week before the dentist came back. He probably wouldn't see her then though, not the way she hid away upstairs. He didn't even know why he wanted to see her. He normally didn't have a fondness for people who were too quiet, or too shy, but for some reason, he liked Tessa Aarons.

Conner turned and stared at her the way she was staring at him. He did not notice that either one of them were staring the way Tessa noticed. He was noticing that she looked very pretty today. Her hair was braided again, but there were loose strands around her face. She was wearing lighter colored jeans that were incredibly flattering against her curves, and a white blouse had replaced her usual sweatshirt. She was thinner than he would have thought, her bare arms were feminine and fragile, and the way her blouse hugged her flattened belly highlighted the round curves of her breasts, very nice breasts, Conner thought.

He realized he was putting way to much thought into what she looked like under her clothes when Tessa suddenly crossed her arms as if she could read his mind. He felt foolish and quickly looked away, but gave her a smile first.

"I should go." He said, "Anyways, I'm glad you like it. If you need anything here's my card."

He placed his business card on the stand next to the flowers and reached for the door.

"Mr. Desway... Conner..."

Her voice snapped him to attention as he turned to face her again.

"I was wondering," Tessa continued, "I really do like the way downstairs turned out, and if you're available, I'd like to hire you for another job. There are only two rooms upstairs, and the hallway. I know it's short notice and it's not something that needs to be done right away, but I could have a check for you tomorrow."

Tessa forced herself to look up to read his reaction. She knew he must be very busy, and he could turn the job down. She wished he wouldn't. As usual he was smiling, but this smile seemed different, it was more like a sly, half smile that made her feel like he could see right through her.

"I'd have to see it," He replied, "Upstairs."

"Of course." Tessa nodded.

"Alright Ms. Aarons, I have a few appointments tomorrow that I need to keep but afterwards... is three o'clock alright with you?"

Tessa opened her mouth to tell him that it was fine, but instead something else came out.

"Tessa." She said.

"What?"

"You can call me Tessa, if you want. Three o'clock is fine."

Conner's smile became wider and it almost sent her backwards again, but she stood her ground as he opened the door and stepped outside.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow, Tessa."

Blulady
Blulady
626 Followers