Lady of the Night

Story Info
A London lady gets more than she bargained for.
758 words
3.67
24.8k
9
1

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/22/2022
Created 01/26/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A cold breeze found its way through her threadbare shawl, causing the young woman to pull it closer about her shoulders. It reminded her of the chill she'd felt that morning when she had picked up the dirty newspaper the gentleman had dropped on the filthy east-London street. "Another Murder in White Chapel!" the title had screamed, immediately catching her attention. The name itself would bring a chill to anyone in London. Even if they didn't read the paper the gossip around town was focused around this 'Jack the Ripper' person who was killing the East End prostitutes. Four people, she thought, how could Scotland Yard let it have go this far? And the way they had been murdered...it sent chills down her spine even now.

She suddenly didn't feel safe in the dark alleyway she was walking down. It was late, but they had yet to light the gas lamps around the main roads. Her ears perked up a bit at the sound of swishing material behind her in the alley, and suddenly a rock went skittering down the alley. This scared her so badly that she ran down the rest of the alley and turned the corner onto the road, leaning against the nearest building and panting.

She chided herself for her behavior, after she calmed down a bit. After all, what was she; a timid rabbit of a girl, to be scared of every sound in the London night? She straightened her faded blue dress, tugging the bodice down to make it appear that at the slightest look her breasts would tumble out. To add to this effect, she unfastened the first two buttons. Looking across the street for potential customers from the theatre, she realized that she was too early. Cursing herself, she looked up and down the street for a potential customer to take up her time while she waited for the show to get out.

A man who was passing by stopped to leer at her and she smiled at him, looking him over welcomingly. The man was lower middle class by the look of it, and his smile showed that most of teeth were missing. They bartered her price for a few minutes before she led her customer to the dark alley she had run from a short time earlier. He pushed her hard against the wall of the building, kissing her savagely, forcing his tongue into her mouth. His labor roughed hands ran roughly over her body grabbing her breasts and pinching her nipples roughly, as if punishing her for her profession. He pulled up her dress hurriedly, making her worry that he would rip it in half. Before she could say anything, he pulled down his breeches and forced himself into her. He felt much larger than her normal customers as he thrust out of her again. She grabbed his shoulders in false excitement. He began pounding her so hard that she was afraid he might do her lasting damage. He took her arms in his iron grip and she felt bruises beginning to form as he forced them against the wall. She winced at the pain and he grinned at her, "Like that do you? You are nothing but a dirty London whore!" As he found his release he scratched her arms deeply, leaving lasting marks that he was there. He dropped her to the cold ground and threw his payment at her in disgust.

After she had straightened out her dress again, she walked back to her spot across the street from the theatre. A few minutes later, the show let out. She watched a happy couple leaving the theatre and imagined she was in their place. She shook off the daydream and resumed waiting. After a few minutes of looking for a potential customer, she saw a man who was formally dressed; nonetheless, he seemed out of place. Ignoring her sudden apprehension, she approached the man.

"Lookin' fer a good time Guv'nor?" she asked him coyly. The man's eyes flashed menacingly but it was soon gone, and she dismissed it as indigestion from the nearby tavern's food. They discussed her price as she led him to the same alleyway she'd just emerged from. The man kissed her cheek gently before leaning her against the wall. Her instincts made her wary of this stranger, but she didn't know why until she saw the flash of steel. She let out a single bloodcurdling scream, feeling a sharp pain at her throat before the world faded to black.