Lady Ravensdale and the Highwayman

Story Info
A lady is introduced to new forms of pleasure.
21.4k words
4.63
66.9k
27

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 08/29/2017
Created 05/30/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 1: In which Annabelle is introduced to the mysteries of love by her new husband

It was a cold morning in the year 1720. Lady Annabelle's carriage swung away from the great house and down the drive through the landscaped gardens for the last time. She suddenly realised that she would probably never see the house again as she leaned form the window to catch a last glimpse of its imposing facade receding into the distance.

How different it all was from the moment eighteen years earlier when she had first arrived at Ravensdale Hall as a young bride. The she had been only eightteen years old and newly married. Her husband Lord Ravensdale was a handsome man and exceedingly wealthy. Unfortunately he was almost thirty years older than her and had already been married and widowed, though he had no children. Her parents who were minor gentry with limited means were delighted when Lord Ravensdale had fallen for their beautiful young daughter and her father had instantly agreed to his proposal of marriage. Annabelle's feelings were hardly considered and she felt she had little choice but to accede to his lordships' proposal. He was after all attractive for an older man and she would be mistress of a great house with a title and a life of privilege.

At first Annabelle reveled in her new life. Her husband had a rich social life and there were balls, house parties and trips to London. Annabelle was free to spend money on expensive new clothes and furnishings for the house. She had a retinue of servants to wait on her and cater to her every need.

In other respects, however, Annabelle had been completely unprepared for married life. She was entirely ignorant of sex or even of her own body. The night before her wedding her mother's only advice had been that she should be obedient to her husband in all things and that on the wedding night he would guide her in what to do. Annabelle was mystified by this but assumed that her mother was referring to the dancing which would take place at the ball in the evening.

Annabelle indeed enjoyed the ball, her husband was an excellent dancer but she also had the opportunity to share the floor with a number of very attractive younger men. At midnight the ball ended and those guests who were not staying at the Hall departed. Lord Ravensdale took Annabelle's arm and suggested they make their way to bed. One of the maids showed her to her bedroom which turned out to be quite magnificent with a huge canopied four poster bed, ornately carved and gilded furniture and beautiful silver mirrors. Laid out on the bed was an exquisitely embroidered nightdress for her to wear. The maid assisted her in undressing and combed out her long blonde hair. Finally she washed herself in a bowl of warm water brought by the maid and put on the beautiful nightdress. She climbed into the great bed and the maid arranged her covers and bade her good night.

Annabelle was just settling down to sleep when the door opened and Lord Ravensdale entered the room. He too was attired for bed in a long silken nightshirt.

"I see you are prepared my lady," he said. "Let us to it."

Annabelle was puzzled by this. "How mean you my lord? Let us to what?"

"Why the business of our wedding night my love," said his lordship.

"Have we not concluded the business sir? I understood that we were now going to bed," said Annabelle innocently.

"Why of course my dear, it is in bed that we shall conduct our business." With that Lord Ravensdale pulled back the covers from the bed revealing his bride curled up in confusion.

"Oh my lord, what are you doing?" asked Annabelle.

"Why I am going to make love to you, you silly girl! It is our wedding night after all," replied Ravensdale.

"Make love... but..." Annabelle stammered.

"Surely your mother instructed you on your wedding night duties, my dear," her husband went on.

"Well she told me I should be guided by my husband," said Annabelle doubtfully.

"What excellent advice! Now be a good girl and remove your nightdress so I can take a good look at you."

Somewhat doubtfully Annabelle pulled her nightdress over her head and let it fall to the floor. She sat on the bed attempting to cover herself with her hands.

"Annabelle, you must understand that you are now my wife. There is no shame in exposing the beauty of your body to your husband. Now please lie back so that I may lie beside you."

Tentatively Annabelle lay back down on the bed her body rigid and her arms straight by her sides.

Lord Ravensdale drank in the beauty of his young eighteen year old bride. Her blonde wavy hair lay spread out on the pillow framing her face. She gazed at him nervously with her huge brown eyes, the plump ruby lips of her mouth slightly opened in anticipation. She had large plump white breasts which were softly flattened on either side of her body. She had delicious plump white thighs and at the top of them her sex was clearly visible through a cluster of blonde curls.

Lord Ravensdale now removed his nightshirt and Annabelle gasped in shock at the sight which met her eyes. Annabelle had never seen a naked man before and her eyes instantly fixed on the area of her husbands loins. Standing upright from a thick forest of dark hairs was a huge fleshy pole. It was only later that Annabelle realised that men's organs were not ever thus and for the first few weeks of marriage she wondered why such large appendages were not visible inside gentlemen's breeches.

Lord Ravensdale climbed onto the bed beside her and put an arm around her. He lowered his head to her face and began to kiss her. Annabelle had only been kissed by members of her family and at first her husband's kisses were not dissimilar. He kissed her cheeks, her eyes and her mouth. Suddenly he pressed his mouth much more firmly against hers and to her surprise pushed his tongue between her lips and into her mouth. She was shocked by this intrusion but remembered her mother's instructions and acquiesced to her husband. Once she opened herself up to his lingual assault she began to quite enjoy the sensation of having her lips, mouth and tongue stimulated in this way.

Just as Annabelle was starting to enjoy being passionately kissed by her husband he withdrew her mouth and moved downwards on her body. His lips now found one of her nipples and began to suck ardently on this luscious ruby button. Again Annabelle was shocked. She had of course seen wet nurses feeding babies but she had never imagined that a grown man would wish to be suckled by his wife. Her bridegroom was clearly enjoying himself and she had to admit to a delightful sensation which was not only running through the nipple but also seemed to be stirring in her loins.

Almost as if he had intuited this Lord Ravensdale's hand crept between her thighs which had parted involuntarily as the sensations in her loins began to intensify. To her shock his fingers began to explore the little forest of curls which grew luxuriantly there.

"Oh my lord, are you sure you should be doing this?" gasped Annabelle knowing that no man had ever seen this portion of her anatomy still less fondled it in this lascivious fashion.

"My dear, this is for your pleasure and a most necessary prelude to what will follow," replied his lordship.

Certainly her bridegroom's fingers were producing the most agreeable sensations in her nether regions. Suddenly Annabelle gasped as his fingers explored the declivity between her nether lips. This was a region which Annabelle herself had hardly explored as her mother had always impressed on her that it was quite indecent for young ladies to take any interest in this area of their bodies. Her mother had, however, offered no guidance on the propriety or otherwise of allowing her husband to explore this region so following her mother's advice she allowed him to guide her.

Now Ravensdale's finger was gently intruding into her tight little aperture. To her surprise she could feel a wetness between her legs but could not understand what might be the source of this damp effusion. His finger began to spread the moisture around the opening of her orifice. Suddenly his finger seemed to find a point slightly higher up which was a centre of pleasure for his stimulation of that zone produced a sudden paroxysm of pleasure quite in excess of the mere stirrings she had previously experienced.

"Ah I see you enjoy a little stimulation of your rosebud," pondered Ravensdale.

Annabelle was unsure what her rosebud was but murmured in approbation.

"Now we have tasted a little of the hors d'oeuvre, are you ready to proceed to the main course my dear?" her husband continued.

"Whatever, you say my lord," murmured the blushing bride.

Almost immediately Lord Ravensdale shifted his position so he was crouched between her legs. He spread her thighs further apart and stretched himself out on top of her taking his weight upon his arms. Annabelle had no idea how to respond so lay with her legs apart awaiting instructions. Her husband reached between her legs and spread her nether lips with one hand. Suddenly she felt something pushing at her entrance. No it could not be, surely she was mistaken. She raised her head and looked down and confirmed her fears. The monstrous pole of flesh which she had glimpsed arising from her husband's loins was now being thrust between her legs. Surely he did not intend to pierce her delicate little orifice with this huge organ.

"Oh my lord, what are you doing to me?" Annabelle cried.

"My dear, surely you wish to consummate our marriage?" her bridegroom replied.

"Is this indeed how it is done?" gasped Annabelle.

"Ever since Adam and Eve, my love."

"Very well sir let us to it," Annabelle replied.

With that Lord Ravensdale gave a might thrust and pushed his manhood deep into her sex. Annabelle gasped as her maidenhead gave way under this assault. She felt a sharp stab of pain as she was so suddenly deflowered.

"Oh my lord, the pain, what are you doing to me?" she cried.

"Fear not my love a little pain is inevitable but it will quickly pass," her husband assured her.

Now Ravensdale withdrew slightly and began to thrust his organ slowly in and out of her body. The pain was nowhere near as intense as that first thrust but Annabelle still experienced some discomfort. However, slowly the sensations which she had experienced in her loins earlier began to return. Despite the pain she yearned for her husbands thrusts and began to feel quivers of pleasure with each stab of his manhood. The thrusts were coming faster now and she was really beginning to enjoy the sensations. All of a sudden her husband uttered a strange strangled cry gave a couple more deep thrusts into her and collapsed on top of her panting. After a few moments the hard pole of his manhood seemed to soften and slipped from her body. She felt a strange sticky wetness seeping from between her legs quite different form the slight effusion of moisture she had experienced from her husband's first caresses.

She longed for him to continue thrusting inside her or at least to repeat his fondling of her but he seemed to have lost all interest. He lay panting upon her breast for a few moments and suddenly shifted himself into a sitting position on the edge of the bed and pulled his nightshirt back on.

"I must bid you goodnight my dear. I hope you enjoyed that as much as I did," said Lord Ravensdale and kissed her softly on the lips.

With that he left the room presumably for his own bed leaving Annabelle alone once more.

Chapter 2: In which Annabelle discovers her husband's true nature

At that moment the coach lurched as it hit a particularly large pothole. The roads in winter were dreadful but Lady Ravensdale had no choice but to travel at this time of year. At least she still had her coach and coachman. The thought of traveling on the public stage coach did not bear thinking about.

The death of Lord Ravensdale a few months earlier had come as a dreadful shock to his young wife but she had hardly been inconsolable with grief. Their relationship had been strained for some time and she could now look forward to inheriting a sizeable fortune. As a wealthy widow who was still young she could have her pick of eligible men and looked forward to her new life of independence and wealth.

The interest which Lord Ravensdale had shown in his new bride on their wedding night did not last long. For the first few weeks of their marriage he had visited her bed every night. On each occasion the routine had been the same he had kissed and caressed her for a few minutes until she was aroused and had then entered her. After a two or three minutes of frantic thrusting he would ejaculate and collapse on top of her panting and then would bid her goodnight. Annabelle felt a growing yearning for something more which could not be satisfied by these brief couplings. In fact her coitus with her husband seemed to only enflame passions in her which she had barely felt as a young virgin.

Lord Ravensdale continued to visit her bed but more infrequently. He seemed concerned that his new wife had not yet produced the son and heir that he hoped for and he seemed to continue to couple with her as much in the hope of making her pregnant as from any real desire for carnal pleasure. On each occasion Annabelle would try to enjoy the experience and on occasions his short lived thrustings did arouse sensations of desire and excitement in her but each time this flame was ignited the experience would come to an end before she could find any fulfillment in it.

As time went on Lord Ravensdale seemed to grow less and less interested in his young wife. He spent more and more time away from Ravensdale Hall in London with his own friends. The balls and parties at the great house became less frequent and Annabelle became more and more isolated and frustrated.

One summer about five years after the couple's marriage, to Annabelle's surprise her husband announced that he would be inviting a few friends down for the week. The servants busied themselves for days and Annabelle excitedly supervised the preparations, glad after so long to be enjoying the society of others despite her doubts about some of her husband's London friends. On the appointed day a clutch of fashionable London society descended on Ravensdale Hall in their carriages. Elegant gentlemen in beautiful silk suits and powdered wigs attended by almost equally well appointed valets were accompanied by gorgeous ladies in even more elaborate wigs and dresses in the latest Paris fashions.

One particular gentleman, Lord Kempston particularly caught the eye of Lady Ravensdale. He was a handsome young man with mischievous blue eyes and a devilish grin who immediately captivated her with his wit and charm. How unlike her own husband who had long given up using the charm he had displayed in courting her. That evening the dozen or so guests sat down to an elaborate meal. Annabelle drank little but noticed that all of the gentlemen and many of the ladies imbibed most freely. After dinner Lord Ravensdale insisted that everyone should play cards Annabel indulged in a little whist with a few of the ladies but was shocked that her husband appeared to be gambling large amounts with another group of guests including an older lady who had been introduced to her as Mrs Warwick. Annabelle was sure Mrs Warwick was flirting with her husband, she had been fluttering her eyes at him and touching his hand all night and she was even more annoyed that her husband was repaying her attentions but as yet she could find no evidence that they were more than flirting.

After everyone had been seated in the salon for an hour or so drinking and gaming Annabelle excused herself and walked out onto the terrace to take some air. It was a beautiful summer evening and the last glow of redness was disappearing from the horizon on the far side of the park. Suddenly Annabelle was aware that another figure had stepped out onto the terrace beside her. It was Lord Kempston.

"It has been a beautiful day wouldn't you say?" he said casually.

"Oh yes indeed my lord," replied Annabelle.

"And yet all the splendours of nature cannot compare with the beauty which has captivated my senses this evening," he went on.

"I am sure I don't understand what you mean sir," she replied.

"Your husband does not appreciate you my lady," said Kempston.

"Do you think not?" said Annabelle guardedly.

"Why he has eyes only for that trollop Lady Warwick," her replied.

"They do indeed seem fixed upon one another," said Annabelle.

"So my lady, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander."

"How mean you sir?"

"Why my lady, if his lordship is intent on pleasure elsewhere then I would suggest that you do likewise. I stand here your yearning supplicant. You have only to give me a sign and I am yours," said Lord Kempston entreatingly.

"My lord, I have no evidence that my husband is being unfaithful, he merely flirts a little with the lady. Besides I am an honourable married lady and could never countenance such a suggestion. Now I must bid you goodnight."

With that Lady Ravensdale swept back into the house to cover her embarrassment.

The rest of the evening passed slowly for Annabelle as she sought to avoid Lord Kempston while keeping her husband and Mrs Warwick under covert surveillance. It was only when the last guests had retired that she was finally able to go to her own bed. Lord Ravensdale did not visit her that night and she lay awake for some time thinking on Lord Kempston's words. It gave her a small thrill to think that another man found her desirable, not that she would ever consider acting upon this impulse.

The next day Lord Ravensdale had organised a variety of activities for his guests. One party had elected to go riding, some of the gentlemen had chosen to fish and Lord Ravensdale himself agreed to organise a boating party on the lake. Lady Ravensdale had hoped to accompany her husband and the boating party in order to keep an eye on him as Mrs Warwick was among this group. However, her husband suggested that it would be wrong for both host and hostess to join the same group. As Annabelle was a poor horsewoman she agreed to accompany the gentlemen on the fishing trip. By the time she discovered that Lord Kempston was also one of the fishing party it was too late for her to raise any further objections.

The three gentlemen and Lady Ravensdale made their way to the lake accompanied by servants carrying their fishing tackle. Lord Kempston insisted on showing Annabelle how to bait the hook and cast, though she was even more averse to angling than to riding. After some time the members of the boating party appeared in two boats on the lake and rowed past the fishermen waving. Annabelle was surprised that her husband was not in either of the boats, nor it seemed was Mrs Warwick.

"Your husband and the delectable Mrs Warwick appear to have dropped out of the boating party," observed Lord Kempston. "Surely they cannot both have fallen into the lake at the same time."

"No I think that is unlikely," agreed Annabelle.

"Perhaps we should seek them out merely to ensure that all is well with them," suggested Kempston.

"Well I am sure there is a perfectly good explanation.. er, perhaps there was not room enough in the boats for them," said Annabelle hesitantly. She longed to find out what her husband was doing with Mrs Warwick but did not wish to admit her fears to Lord Kempston.

"Come we will wander along to the boathouse, they are probably waiting for the others there," said Kempston and with that he seized Annabelle's arm and strolled towards the boathouse about a quarter of a mile distant.

As they neared the boathouse Kempston placed a finger to his mouth signaling Annabelle to silence. He tiptoed up towards one of the windows and peered through then beckoned Annabel to join him. The windows were dusty but through the dirt Annabelle could dimly discern the interior of the boathouse. To her dismay her husband was seated in a moored boat and beside him was Mrs Warwick. Suddenly to her horror Lord Ravensdale embraced Mrs Warwick and kissed her full on her lips. She watched open mouthed as the adulterous pair writhed in passion on the aft seat of the boat. Annabelle gasped at what happened next because she now witnessed her husband's hand creeping under Mrs Warwick's skirt. Annabelle opened her mouth to cry out but suddenly Lord Kempston clamped his hand firmly across it to silence her.