Laresa's World Ch. 15: Aaron

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Darkniciad
Darkniciad
1,236 Followers

Aaron looked down at his finger, and the opposite wrist, finding the artifacts gone. Pushing his brides out of the way, he scrambled off the dais screaming, "NO!"

"I wish to be far away from this awful man, Laresa."

With a triumphant smile, Laresa nodded and wrapped her power around them. Aaron rushed through the spot where Nathifa stood only seconds before, grabbing empty air. He raised his head to the ceiling of the temple and screamed in impotent rage.

@o~*~*~*~*~*~*~o@

Nathifa looked around in confusion. They stood just inside the edge of a pristine forest, the sounds of wildlife all around them. "Where are we?"

Laresa smiled and hugged her sister Djinn, turned Mistress, and then answered, "Far to the North, in what will one day be known as the United States. Aaron will never reach us here without a genie's power. It is as good a place as any for you to decide where, and when, you wish to live out the rest of your life."

"I can't own you. I can't treat you like a slave, Laresa. I know what that is like, and I will not do it to another."

"Then ask me, as a friend. I want you to be happy, and that means I want you to be somewhere you can find happiness. That means you need to make at least this one wish before I put on the pendant and gain my freedom. Do you have any ideas?"

Nathifa concentrated for a moment and then said, "I know little of the world. I remember our people, and after that, my Masters kept me in seclusion. I don't believe I would like to live in such a place full of people as Aaron's city, I know only smaller places, like my village."

Laresa thought for a moment and then said, "There are people living here, a noble people who live simple lives much akin to ours before we became Djinn. What you remember of that life would allow you to adapt to the differences quickly. I think we could both find happiness amongst them. We should journey back in time, however. Not far in the future from this time, people from across the sea will come and disrupt the land and its people. If we go back, we should be able to live our lives out long before they come."

Nathifa looked intrigued. "Can you show me?"

"Of course."

Moments later, they stood on a high hill, overlooking a village of the natives in the land, several hundred years back in time. They moved closer and watched for quite some time, made silent and invisible by Laresa's power.

Nathifa sighed, "I could be happy here."

Laresa leaned in close to her Mistress, "I could too. Do you want me to make sure that our coming does not alarm them — that they feel as if they remember us? We should both know their language as well. I believe it would be best."

Nathifa nodded and Laresa used her power to alter the people's memories, and to grant them fluency in the native tongue. Nathifa then held out the pendant to Laresa with a wide smile.

Laresa took the pendant and fastened it around her neck, her heart beating as if she had just run for hours.

"Go to your ring, and earn your freedom," Nathifa said with tears in her eyes.

Laresa nodded and closed her eyes, bracing for the pain. A moment later, she opened them to discover she was in her ring. Looking at the pendant, she saw no change in its magic, and yet she was still bound to her ring, still one of the Djinn.

Still a slave.

"WHY?" Laresa cried out in disappointment, and then covered her face in her hands to weep. She felt the tug of Nathifa summoning her, and soon reappeared in the world outside, still on her knees and sobbing.

"I don't understand, you should be free," Nathifa whispered, and then went to wrap her arms around Laresa. They both cried for many minutes before Laresa pulled away and dried her eyes.

Sniffling, Laresa said, "It simply did not work. Perhaps the gods who granted the power of this item smiled upon you, but not on me."

"It is not right," Nathifa snapped, her lip quivering.

"There is nothing that can be done about it."

"What are we to do?"

Laresa smiled weakly and responded, "Perhaps it is better this way. You could wish me freedom to live as I would like, but I would still have the power to help you, and our adopted people if the need arises."

"I can't own you, Laresa."

"Someone must, I am Djinn, and I have no choice. Please, Nathifa, wear my ring and be my friend, as well as my Mistress."

Nathifa hugged her, "I will do it, because you ask me to, as a friend. I wish for you to live your life as you choose."

Laresa felt the chains on her soul fall away with Nathifa's words, all save the strongest chain, the one that bound her to the ring. It was not freedom, or humanity, but it was as close as could be. "Thank you, Nathifa. Shall we go meet our new people?" She held out her hand, and Nathifa took it.

They walked into the village, the people greeting them like two neighbors known for all their lives.

@o~*~*~*~*~*~*~o@

Aaron paced, having ordered his brides out of the temple only moments after Laresa and Nathifa vanished. He was trapped here, in this time, without a Djinn to provide him power to continue his deified charade.

At last, he stopped and calmed himself. All was not lost — he still maintained the powers he ordered Laresa to grant him. He could still hurl lightning, and he was invulnerable to mundane weapons. His brides still desired him, and each other, with an insatiable appetite. Even his laptop still functioned exactly as he had wished it to.

"The laptop," he muttered, a smile crossing his face. Logging into the database, he laughed when he saw that his access was restricted. A few quick keystrokes, and he broke in through one of the numerous back doors he had located as a precocious youth.

@o~*~*~*~*~*~*~o@

"He's online at this very moment, searching the database through some sort of security hole. His location is right here, or rather many feet up, and yet he is not here. We can see that, and our magic tells us the same."

"The answer is obvious; Aaron has done the forbidden, and used one of the artifacts. Likely, he is responsible for the loss of Nathifa, the death of the Chamber guardian, and probably for Wallace's disappearance as well."

"What are we to do?"

"That is not our place to decide. We will return, and the high council of the Society will choose how we shall proceed."

"I warned you when he was but a child that Aaron was dangerous, not to be trusted."

"We should have heeded your warning."

@o~*~*~*~*~*~*~o@

First off, thanks to those of you reading this closing note, because that means you've read the longest Laresa chapter yet! I hope you've enjoyed it and will take a moment to vote, and perhaps send feedback.

Big thanks to Red putting forth the idea for this chain, and for keeping everything on an even keel. Laresa is a wonderful character, and she's a joy to write! Likewise, everyone in the chain is a joy to work with.

As always, thanks to Roust for his editing, especially this time when he took my last-minute finish and got the job done in record time! Thanks to Red and Deathlynx for reading through this and giving me their thoughts, and catching a major boo-boo. Danielle gets a shout too, because she's the one that tightened the rope on my skittish hinder and pinned me down for my first chapter, I'm glad she did!

Darkniciad
Darkniciad
1,236 Followers