Lawnmower Boy Ch. 07

Story Info
The family relationship strengthens.
4.2k words
4.52
42.4k
26

Part 7 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 10/08/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DeepBlueC
DeepBlueC
105 Followers

We arrived at the restaurant and found parking close by making our walk reasonable and pleasant in the comfortable evening air.

I got out and walked to Mom's side of the car opening her door for her. I offered my hand to assist her exit and closed and locked the car behind us.

I offered her my arm. Mom looked at me, smiled and said, "Why, Jeff, you are such a chivalrous gentleman."

"Mom, I always treat a lady with respect and you are a very special lady. And I would be proud to be with you anywhere.

"Shall we go?"

She walked quietly with me. As we approached the restaurant, we encountered several people both singles and couples. I noticed several men looking longer than would have been acceptable had they accompanied a woman. A couple of women seemed to give us an extra appraisal, too.

I whispered, "Mom, you seem to be the center of attention. Obviously I'm not the only one who thinks you are a beautiful woman."

"Oh, Jeff, you're embarrassing me," she replied quietly.

We entered the restaurant were greeted by the hostess.

"Table for two?" she asked.

"Yes, reservations under Meyer," I replied.

The hostess made a quick check of her reservations list and looked up again.

"Very well, Mr. and Mrs. Meyer, your table is ready, Right this way, please."

Mom gave me a quick look of surprise at the hostess' remark.

'I'll have to remember to leave her a nice tip,' I thought.

Once we were seated and had our menus, Mom said quietly, "Jeff, did you make reservations for Mr. and Mrs. Meyer?"

"No, Mom, I just made reservations for two under Meyer. I guess the hostess just presumed. Take it as a compliment as to how young you look."

She seemed mollified by my answer and returned to scanning her menu.

Finally Mom said, "Jeff, these prices are outrageous! This place is too expensive!"

"Mom, relax. I guess it's been a while since you went out to dinner. This isn't all that expensive. I admit it's more than MacDonald's or Jack-in-the-Box, but you deserve to be treated well. So, please, just relax and enjoy dinner."

After studying the menu for a couple of minutes, we gave our orders and relaxed waiting for our appetizer. We chatted about miscellaneous things while waiting. When the food arrived, I ordered us each a glass of wine.

As we ate we chatted about a variety of things including the food and the restaurant. Mom was impressed with the service and the atmosphere being quiet and comfortable. She also liked the soft music that wafted through from the club adjoining the restaurant.

When we finished our meal, we decided to pass on dessert.

I suggested we move to the adjoining club and order coffee or tea and listen to the music for a while. Mom liked the idea.

When we were seated, I asked mom what she wanted and placed our orders. We enjoyed out drinks while listening to the music. I asked Mom if she would like another glass of wine which she accepted.

As she sipped her wine, I asked, "Mom, would you like to dance?"

"Why, thank you, Jeff. That would be nice," she said.

I led her to the dance floor and took her in my arms for a slow dance. I pulled her body close so we were in pretty much full contact but not pressed too tightly together. She felt wonderful in my arms and moved smoothly and gracefully as we danced.

After a couple of dances we returned to our table.

"Mom, would you like something cool to drink after the dances?" I asked.

"Another glass of wine would be nice," she responded.

I ordered our drinks and we sat listening to the music and sipping our drinks.

"How about another dance, Mom?" I asked.

"Okay, Jeff. I'd like that."

On the dance floor, I put my arm around her again and noticed that she seemed to pull in a little closer than earlier. This time she rested her head against my chest and shoulder as I held her and we moved to the music. I was enjoying our closeness very much and it seemed Mom was doing okay with it, too.

After a few more dances, we returned to our table.

"Jeff, would you order me another glass of wine while I go to the ladies room, please?"

"Sure," I responded. "Just don't get drunk on me. I don't want to have to carry you home."

I gave Mom a big smile to let her know I was kidding.

"Okay, young man, don't get smart with me," she said smiling.

"Moi?" I said with mock indignation.

She returned to the table and we sat talking quietly for a while as she finished another glass of wine.

"Mom, take it easy. I'd hate to see you get sick," I said genuinely concerned that too much wine might bring an unpleasant end to our evening.

"I'm fine, Jeff. I'm not going to pass out on you and embarrass you," she said again smiling at me.

I asked her to dance again and we moved onto the dance floor with her holding me closer, more intimately this time. As we danced, she relaxed and let her body move and flow with the music as I moved with her. She was a great dancer but her movements against me were bringing out my passion. I felt myself grow hard and the way she was clinging to me, I didn't know how she could miss it but she seemed not bothered if she felt my hardness against her body.

As we finished the set, she suggested we leave as she was getting tired and sleepy. I agreed and we left stopping in the restrooms on our way out. The night air was considerably cooler than she we had arrived and mom had not brought a wrap so I put my arm around her shoulder and held her to me as we walked to the car.

I opened her door and helped her get seated before closing the door. As she moved to get comfortable on the seat, I noticed a nice expanse of thigh exposed until she pulled her dress down to modest coverage again.

As I drove home I heard her softly humming a couple of the tunes to which we had danced during lulls in the conversation.

We arrived home and Mom dismissed herself to get ready for bed.

I retired to my room, changed into a pair of shorts and T-shirt and decided to get something to drink.

I was disappointed that Mom had rushed off to get ready for bed instead of spending a little time with me but I didn't want her to feel pressured so I let it go.

As I rummaged about looking for something that appealed to me for a drink, I finally decided to make some hot chocolate. I decided to make a couple of cups and ask Mom if she wanted some but as I was finishing the preparations, she came into the kitchen wearing a housecoat and slippers.

"Hi, Mom. Would you like a cup of hot chocolate with me?" I asked.

"Thank you, Jeff. That would be nice. I was thinking about getting something and that sounds like a great idea."

"Well, it will be a couple more minutes before it's ready. Please, sit down."

As she turned to sit, I seriously noticed for the first time her nightgown as her robe fell open exposing the front. It was an off-white gossamer thing, delicate and beautiful. It had been a long time since she had worn something like it that I had seen; in fact, I couldn't remember ever seeing her dressed like this.

It definitely enhanced the lovely view and I began to involuntarily respond. I turned away and adjusted my hardening dick so as to not make a spectacle of myself and ruin the evening.

Still, I could not take my eyes off her. As she moved, the robe slipped a little more and her breasts were exposed. I could see the darkness of her areola beneath the filmy fabric. Her breasts still had a lovely shape and I wondered if nature and gravity had taken any toll on them. I untucked my T-shirt and draped it loosely in an effort to conceal my hardness.

To distract myself, I turned and got another cup for Mom watching the chocolate as it finished heating.

As the hot chocolate finished, I poured two cups, added a topping of whipped cream and took them to the table setting one before Mom and the other across the corner of the table from her.

As we sipped our drinks carefully waiting for them to cool, I noticed a faraway look in Mom's eyes.

"Mom, are you okay? You look a million miles away."

"Oh, Jeff, I was just thinking about your dad and the times he and I went dancing like we did tonight. He was always such a wonderful man. I love him and miss him so much."

"I miss him, too, Mom. I hope going out with me tonight doesn't bring back memories that hurt."

"No, Jeff. It doesn't hurt to remember him so much now. I'm coming to terms with losing him but I do still miss him sometimes and you remind me so much of him in many ways."

We continued talking as we had seconds and for a while after our drinks were finished. I took our dishes, washed them and put them away. When I turned, Mom was still sitting at the table watching me as I finished.

I offered my hand and she accepted.

As she stood, her robe gaped open even more and I could see the distinct presence of her panties and her breasts were quite prominent. Her nipples made distinct peaks in the material of her gown. The added stimulus increased my hardness.

I offered my open arms inviting a hug and she responded by moving to me putting her arms around me and holding me to her.

The pressure of her breasts against my chest through the T-shirt was quite noticeable and her body warmth was inescapable. I tried to maintain some separation between my hard on and her belly but it was difficult at best because it felt so good holding her in my arms.

It almost felt as if she were pressing our bodies together as she laid her head against my chest. She released a strong sigh and relaxed against me even more.

She looked at me and said, "Jeff, thanks you for taking me out tonight. I guess it is something I needed more than I realized.

"I love you, Jeff. You're a wonderful son for taking care of your old mother like this."

"Mom, you are hardly old. Did you see the looks you and we were getting as we walked to the restaurant and while we were dancing?"

"What are you talking about, Jeff."

"You mean you didn't see the men staring at you? Even a couple of women looked at you appreciatively. You were virtually the center of attraction tonight. I sure didn't miss it and I felt proud and glad that I was the one everyone envied for being with you."

"Oh, come on, Jeff. I think you're making too much of too little."

"Trust me, Mom, I'm not making it into anything. I'm just telling you what I noticed. I mean you were dressed modestly but you came across as spectacular I think and that's what a lot of others seemed to think, too, based on their reactions.

"You certainly had the attention of a lot of people tonight."

We were still intertwined in each other's arms as we talked. As the conversation lulled, I leaned my face toward hers as if to kiss her. I was pleasantly surprised when she responded by tilting her head to accommodate me.

I brought my lips softly to hers but closed expecting a chaste good night kiss. The warmth of her lips was intoxicating. At this point I realized she must have sensed that I was hard considering the body contact but she hadn't reacted. Carefully and easily I slipped the tip of my tongue between my lips and drew it slowly across her lips.

At first she did not react. I tried again easily and carefully and to my surprise, I was rewarded with her lips parting slightly allowing my tongue to slip between them. I felt it brush against her teeth and soon she opened a bit wider and our tongues touched.

Fearing she might recoil at any moment as she had before, I was slow, careful and delicate in my advances but she continued to respond accepting my advances.

She pulled back from me and looked into my eyes.

"That was nice, Jeff. I haven't been kissed like that since I lost your dad."

I didn't know what to say. I wanted more which was probably quite obvious but feared this was it. I was surprised when she lifted her lips to mine again and initiated the kiss. This time she was bolder and offered what seemed a more passionate kiss.

I accepted and we were soon sharing full blown, tongues engaged, lovers' kisses. She had to feel my hard on by this time but she didn't acknowledge it. My excitement was overcoming my caution and I allowed a hand to slip down her back to cup her butt. It felt firm, warm and, oh, so nice. I could not resist the urge to squeeze her as I had before which had ended that moment so quickly and unsatisfactorily for me.

She moaned into my mouth and continued to kiss me as I fondled her beautiful ass. Emboldened, I let both hands fall to that beautiful backside and squeeze and knead those firm hills of feminine flesh.

She pulled her face back from me and said softly, "Jeff, we shouldn't be doing this."

"I love you, Mom. If you want to stop, then we stop now or whenever you say."

I moved to kiss her again and she met me, mouth open again. As our tongues wrestled, I brought one hand to her breast and lifted it feeling its weight. She moaned into my mouth again.

I moved my thumb across her nipple and felt it stiffen. She stiffened a bit also at that contact but relaxed and moaned into my mouth again pressing her pelvis hard against me. She had to know how hard I was.

She pulled away again and I could see my evening going down in flames after what promised to be a very good ending.

"Jeff, this isn't right," she said almost in a whisper.

I said softly, "It's okay, Mom. If you want to stop, then tell me."

She pulled back seemingly reluctantly and looked at me for a moment before she spoke.

Finally, she relaxed and said, "Jeff, We can't do this!

"I want to thank you for a wonderful evening. I haven't enjoyed anything so much in a very long time.

"This brings back memories of a number of nights your dad and I went out to dinner and dancing. The place you found tonight has the kind of music we both loved.

"Thank you again for being such a loving son and for helping me feel alive again. I'm sorry I let things get carried away. I'm so sorry. I can't do this to you," she said, tears in her eyes.

"I guess my memories of your dad are finally allowing me to feel alive again. It was so painful losing him but I guess the pain is finally dulling. I feel like I want to be more like I was when we were still together.

"Thank you so much for a wonderful evening. It was really sweet of you. Thank you for everything tonight.

"Now, we need to get to bed and get some rest. Tomorrow comes early."

I watched with some disappointment but understanding as she turned and walked toward her bedroom.

"Good night, Mom" I said as she walked away.

"Good night, Jeff" she said without looking back.

I cleaned up the kitchen and then followed her until I got to my bedroom. I slept a dreamless sleep wondering if I had crossed a line again fearing I had but she hadn't seemed upset when we parted.

* * *

I continued taking mom out occasionally. We went to movies, concerts and occasionally dinner. I kept our 'dating' very platonic with appropriate mother and son interaction. She absolutely refused to return to the place we first went. I guess she had a bad association because of our first visit and what happened at home afterward.

For the first few times, she seemed cool and cautious but seeing I did not make any unwelcome advances, she seemed to grow comfortable with our 'dates' once again.

Over the following months, I managed to get mom to allow me to take her to dinner several more times but each time, despite her seeming to have a wonderful time when we were out, when we got home, the routine was pretty much the same.

At least I was happy that she was getting out and among the living again instead of closing herself off from the world in her grief. She began to pay attention to her appearance more and was actually getting appointments at the salon to get her hair done professionally although she could do quite a nice job herself.

I was happy that she seemed to be pampering herself a little bit. I knew it was good for her. And she continued to get looks, even stares from guys each time we went to dinner or dancing. It seemed she was enjoying the attention despite her modest denial of it.

She seemed in better spirits most of the time, too. In all, it was obvious that escaping her mourning was agreeing with her.

* * *

"Eve, I don't know what's wrong with me," Susan complained to her friend.

"What are you talking about, Susie?" Eve asked.

"Remember I've told you Jeff took me out to dinner and dancing a couple of months ago. And how much I enjoyed it?

"Well, we've been doing that now almost constantly since I talked to you about it. Eve, I'm scared."

"Whatever are you afraid of, Susie? Haven't you enjoyed it?"

"That's what scares me, Eve. I'm enjoying it too much. I'm afraid I'm going to let something happen that should never happen," Susan said almost in tears.

"Susie, what the hell are you talking about? Has Jeff tried to pressure you into something that you don't want?" Eve asked with a tone of almost anger in her voice.

"Oh, no, Eve. He's been very nice and polite. The first night we went on what I'm now beginning to think of as a date, we kissed pretty passionately but I withdrew before things got out of hand. Jeff was very aroused and I felt bad leaving him hanging like that but he was very understanding. He even cleaned up the kitchen before he went to bed that night."

"Well, Susie, what's the problem?" Eve asked.

As she finished speaking, there was a prolonged silence. Eve started and looked at her friend again. "Oh, my God, Susie, you're afraid of yourself, aren't you? You're afraid of letting yourself see your son as a man and a possible lover, aren't you!"

Susan remained silent looking at her friend helplessly.

"It wasn't really a question, Susie. I can see it in your eyes. You're liking Jeff's attention and you're feeling like a woman again. Your suppressed sexual desires are awakening again, aren't they?

"Jeff looks and acts a lot like his father and it's getting to you that you could be attracted to him sexually, isn't it? Isn't that what's really bothering you?

"I remember mentioning this once before when I was teasing you about needing to get laid. Now Jeff has brought you out of your shell and you're responding to him in a way you know as a mother you shouldn't! Isn't that it?" Eve insisted.

Her friend looked at her for a long moment before she spoke.

"Yes, Eve, I believe that is what happened. I can't allow Jeff to take his dad's place. It's just not right! I'd be a terrible mother if I let that happen and I just can't.

"I think I'm going to have to tell Jeff he needs to move out. We need to be separated by more than a bedroom wall. I can't stand it, Eve. The desire is terrible! Sometimes I just want to give in to him and have him fuck me silly! How sick am I, Eve, to think something like that?" Susan asked through her tears.

"Susie, listen to me. I've been your friend for more years that we'd like to count. You are not terrible and you are not sick. You are a healthy woman who needs to have some physical love as well as the emotional. Your body wants and your mind needs sex. It's a part of your life and living it. Suppressing your sexual desires and needs is not good for you.

"And this turmoil which you're creating over this is not good for you or Jeff.

"Also, understand this; Jeff has no intention of trying to take his dad's place. He's smart enough to understand that he could never do that. And I think he's smart enough that he isn't even going to try. He's trying to help you get past your grief and get back to living for yourself again.

"At some point Jeff is going to find someone his age and give you grandchildren but in the meantime, there is no reason you cannot enjoy the time with him that you have.

"I'm not telling you to jump into bed with your son, but I'm not going to tell you you're a bad person if you do. You're merely a woman satisfying her physical needs in a safe way and close to home. You're vulnerable right now and getting involved with a new man presents some risks I think you can avoid.

DeepBlueC
DeepBlueC
105 Followers
12