Layers Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lycandope
Lycandope
1,067 Followers

Two weeks after the pigeon and it seems Elaine was right about Tyler and Heather. They're spending more and more time together and she's convinced him to take some classes at the local community college. It's a warm summer night when Tyler calls to ask if he could come over to talk to everyone. Thirty minutes later, he shows up with Heather and we're all in the living room together. I'm sitting with Stephen and Elaine on the couch while Heather and Tyler sit on the smaller love seat. He still looks awkward for some reason.

Heather is pretty and I catch myself looking at her clothes and shoes and the little details of her face. Slight acne issues and her makeup is a little off. Oh god. I'm a terrible person. I'm definitely blaming this one on Hannah. Heather's got blond hair and a heart-shaped face with little dimples in her cheeks. She seems quiet and a bit shy but I can see a small spark in her eyes and I wonder if it was there before all of this happened or if it came because of it. After sitting uncomfortably for a couple of minutes, Heather pokes Tyler in the side and he shakes himself.

"So, ummm..." Tyler steals a glance at me and then talks to the floor. "So, I was wondering. You guys have a pretty big house and I was wondering, ummm, if, you know. If we could stay with you. We'd totally stay out of the way and pay our side. I'm starting a part time job doing some welding work and I can pay my way."

Heather looks at me when she talks. "I'm going to be mostly gone at the university but it's not too far to drive."

Nobody is asking the question so I do. "Why? You two are a couple, right? Don't you want your own space?"

Heather blushes but answers. "It's... it's hard to explain. I hated living with my parents. They're okay but they drive me up the wall. I mean, I lived with them for eighteen years and I just wanted to get out and do my own thing. And then... and then after that night... I felt different. I feel this odd loneliness. Something is missing. I haven't been sleeping very well and sometimes I just wander around the house but I can't remember why. I keep looking for something. I finally asked Tyler about it. He says... he says I'm looking for a pack. I... this is all still really weird for me. But, already I feel more at ease just sitting here. I didn't notice anything until we moved out a few months back. I feel safe here. We both do. I'm not trying to play a sob story and emotionally blackmail any of you into letting us stay but we wanted to ask."

I look at Stephen but he just looks back at me. And I feel Elaine's eyes on me. And Tyler's. And Heather's. "No," I tell Stephen. "It's your house. Don't look at me to make a decision. I think it's fine but it's your house."

The bastard winks at me and grins. "Well, if you're fine with it then so am I. We can help move you back this weekend." He stands and puts his hand out. "Welcome home."

The handshake turns into a massive sappy hug merry-go-round and Heather actually cries a little bit. It's a good moment and I can physically feel the emotions in the room. Heather isn't the only one tearing up because I feel sudden tears and a lump in my throat.

Later that night, I seclude myself in the bathroom. Stephen's house is huge but I don't feel right hiding out in one of the bedrooms or the study when I need a moment to myself. So, I typically use the second bathroom to just sit quietly and reflect. I still feel like an emotional wreck from earlier and there's an undercurrent of sadness running through all of it that makes my chest ache. Pack. Pack, they said. But I'm no wolf. I'm just me. I feel the bond as strong as it was when Stephen and Elaine first changed but that's all it is. I know they love me and I feel like I have a solid place here without a hint of pity but the difference still hurts. Sudden hot tears fall from my eyes and I cry as quietly as possible. It hurts more than I think it should. My face feels hot and my heart is aching. I bend over to try to stop the shaking and then press the heel of my hand against my chest.

And then I stop.

With trembling fingers, I explore the left side of my chest. And then, I stand and stare at the mirror. Not wanting to take a chance to believe but not willing to just ignore the possibility, I lift up my shirt.

My left nipple is three times the size it should be and there is a dark areola surrounding it. I feel the flesh around my right nipple tighten as it darkens and then puffs out slightly. Small blond chest hairs fall out around the developing areola and, as I watch, my right nipple swells and thickens until it matches the size of my left nipple. When I gently touch the new soft, sensitive flesh, I do so with fingers longer and smoother than they should be. Fine brown hairs grow out around the areola. I feel muscles and tissues tugging and pulling deep within my chest.

With eyes open in wonder, I touch the small hairs on slowly swelling breasts. Brown rather than blond.

Brown.

A storm of hidden scents suddenly fills my nose and sounds crash into my ears. I hear Elaine moving pots around at the other side of the house. It sounds like one of the pots hits the floor suddenly and then I hear running. I smell Elaine coming. I smell her. Elaine almost breaks the door down before she remembers how to open it. She stares and her eyes are wide.

"You," she stutters. "You're... You... I can smell you again."

We hug and cry as the deep pain starts. From the shadows at the back of my mind, I hear a mental huff sound as the she-wolf makes herself known again. I feel a very solid "Where the hell have you been?" question directed at me from her and I wish I knew how to answer.

Elaine holds me tightly as the changes accelerate and I can't tell if I'm laughing or crying or screaming or shouting with joy.

She's come back to me. My she-wolf has come back to me.

Lycandope
Lycandope
1,067 Followers