Leader of the Pack Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
secretme
secretme
3,478 Followers

"Alpha or not, you don't get to talk to me like that or growl at me. You need my help and you won't get it being threatening. I have every right to protect my own and you should have some respect for that," Brinah said with an air of authority that made Cullen back off a little. "I asked you what your intentions are." Aislinn started to say something again and tried to move passed her grandmother to get to Cullen but she was cut off before she started to talk and then blocked before she could move. It was a talent that she figured must be born out of being a parent.

Sarah elbowed Keith to stop the laughter and then indicated that he should help her clear the room. It was obvious that the group would not be getting out of this argument without trouble and it was one of those arguments that might not go quite as badly if the witnesses were limited.

"Regardless of my intentions," Cullen replied, trying to remain calm. "I don't think Aislinn would allow anything that she didn't intend."

That comment went a lot farther with Brinah than Cullen realized. The alpha's acknowledgement that Aislinn had a choice in the matter settled her anger quite a bit. But she wasn't done. "You're behaving very possessive of my granddaughter. Do you intend to mate with her?" Cullen wasn't sure whether he should be pissed by Brinah's attitude or impressed by her apparent knowledge.

Aislinn felt her grandmother's words sting in her chest. "Grandma please," she said softly. She couldn't believe this was happening.

Cullen looked at Aislinn. This wasn't how he intended to have this conversation. He had no idea what to say. He didn't want to scare her off. He wished he knew what she was thinking. But a bond had to be pretty strong for that and that would only happen if he mated with her. He rubbed his face with his hands. Aislinn recognized the move as something he did when he didn't know what to say or was upset. She was getting pretty good at reading some of the things he did.

Brinah wasn't about to back down and she reiterated the question.

Aislinn couldn't take it. If he really didn't want to say then she didn't think he should have to. Before Cullen could respond Aislinn moved around to face her grandmother. "Grandma. I love you and I've missed you. I don't want you to take this wrong but I can handle myself. Cullen and I get along very well and he makes me happy. If he doesn't want to take things farther than that I'm okay with that. I need you to leave this be. I'm not a child that needs to be protected in this way. We have a much more dangerous problem then my love life right now."

Brinah could see the pleading in Aislinn's eyes and she didn't want this to come between them when she had only managed to get her granddaughter back just moments before. "Alright, I'll let it be for now." Brinah hugged Aislinn close to her again, but continued to glare at Cullen over her shoulder.

Cullen was relieved and dismayed by Aislinn's interruption. There was a part of him that just wanted to say it and get it over with. But the part that was afraid of rejection still held him by the balls. He was thinking about the way she had phrased what she'd said. He decided that one way or another he had to get up the courage to tell her that he loved her. And it was going to need to be soon. Or at least before her grandmother killed him.

Cullen led the group back to his office, ordered up dinner from the Taigh-Oèsda, and the rest of the evening was spent filling Brinah in on the last seven years of Aislinn's life and the latest information about Rafe.

secretme
secretme
3,478 Followers