Leaders of the Pack Ch. 02

Story Info
The setup, new faces, down and dirty.
4.3k words
4.73
55.9k
29

Part 2 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 11/12/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
secretme
secretme
3,475 Followers

I know this has been a long time in coming. I do apologize, but with school and work... there just hasn't been enough time. I do fully intend to finish this story however. Just like before, remember, these chapters are only first drafts, see my bio for more information. Don't write me about grammar, but if you have plot suggestions or comments, please send me anything you like to say! The future chapters should be closer in posting. I'm already on Chapter 3... I hope this story lives up to the wait!

"I always thought the view of the city from this window seemed rather desolate. Everything's so far away, you can't really see the life there. In a dead way it reminds me of the night sky. All black with lights, but the twinkle is gone. I see it as ironic that people find cityscapes which are only long expanses of bright gleaming lights beautiful. So many lights that you can't see the stars. We stopped looking at the night sky and tried to build it on the ground. All the while drowning out the possibility of seeing the real thing." Mira turned around to take a good look at the girl who had caused so much trouble.

Natalie was that standard freckled pale that goes so well with fiery red hair. Her thin body trembled, even in the warmth of the room. She rocked slightly as she stared at the floor.They did a number on you didn't they,Mira thought with sympathy. "You look frightened."

Deep brown eyes turned up toward Mira. "Shouldn't I be?" Natalie couldn't explain the feelings that the strange woman evoked. She felt both safe and nervous to the point of wanting to run and hide.

"Truly it's up to you. I would be lying to say that there was no need for you to be frightened here. You have something that we need to reclaim and it's important enough to put you in some danger."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Natalie's eyes fell back to the carpet.

Mira smiled gently. "I'm not going to threaten you. I'm only going to ask. Where is the tape and film? I want every copy you created. Anything you may have written and names of anyone you spoke to."

"I don't have anything," Natalie whimpered. "There was nothing there to tape. I don't know what you're talking about."

Mira couldn't decide if Natalie was lying or not. "You sound as though you're trying to convince yourself more than me of that."

Glazed brown eyes met Mira's stare with an impressively steady gaze. Few people in this age were capable of direct eye contact with her. "There was nothing to tape," Natalie responded vehemently.

The combination of tone and eye contact was nearly enough to convince Mira that the girl was telling the truth. The only problem was that the girl had previously told an entirely different story. Mira was positive that Natalie had seen something. The Feds appeared to think that a tape was in existence somewhere. "I would truly love to believe that. So tell me why you convinced the Feds that you have something on tape if you didn't see anything."

Natalie's eyes fell to the carpet and she began rocking back and forth in the chair.

Approaching her, Mira tried to sound reassuring. "It's okay, I don't want to harm you in any way." That much was true. Mira didn'twantto hurt her. Whether or not she was going to was entirely dependent on Natalie's cooperation though. Mira sighed and put a gentle hand on Mira's shoulder. "Calm down and take your time, think carefully about what you say. I need you to tell me what you did with the tape that the government is looking for."

Knocking drew Mira's attention to the door and she crossed the room to open it. Another urgent knock rapped on the door before she had a chance to open it. Pulling the door wide open she leveled an annoyed look on the man who had interrupted her conversation. "What is it Trey?"

Natalie recognized the large dark haired man from her supposed rescue standing there. Her stomach ached a little with remembrance of the man's shoulder. She didn't know if she should be grateful for the rescue or annoyed that he had taken her from her quiet white solitude to another set of interrogations.I wonder where these guys will put me when they're done.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," the man answered in a gravelly baritone voice. Natalie considered that the reverberating sound was oddly comforting. "The lycan Council is holding a meeting. They know about the break in and the missing patients. The Feds are making them nervous and now they have the Circle working with them. There is cause for concern."

"How much information do they actually have," Mira asked with quiet consideration.

"Neither side knows enough about our organization individually to be a problem. To date they've all assumed that when we've interrupted something one was doing, it was the other. Now they have a chance to compare notes and a reason to start the conversation. It's hard to guess what conclusions they may arrive at based on what they know." Trey trailed off in an insinuatory tone, shrugging his shoulders.

Mira nodded. "Now that they're working together they may figure us out. That would be unfortunate. I truly did not want to get involved in any side at this point. Anonymity has too many benefits." She sighed heavily and looked back at Natalie with annoyance.If not for the invention of cameras. I would love to go back in time and do something about that."All right. Do whatever you have to do to keep the damage to a minimum. The Circle may be more easily dealt with than the Council. I want to know what happens in that Council meeting before they actually come to any decisions. The last thing we need is for the lycans to mess things up even more than they already have. I want some insight as to whether or not making a contact within the Council or the Circle may be a necessary evil at this point. Does Luther have any more information?"

Trey shook his head. "The Feds aren't cracking this time. The best we know right now is the same as before. They think they have a lead. They seem to be picking apart her last days of freedom systematically. They've questioned all her friends and relatives. They've moved on to minor associations, classmates, coworkers. They've pulled in all the members of the staff at the rag where she works and have been trying to weasel out her contacts. They've retraced her steps as best they can and torn apart every building she set foot in. From what we can tell, they've come up empty handed. At least we assume so, cuz they're still looking."

Natalie knew that they were talking about her. Who else could it be?Rag, she thought with annoyance,no one ever takes fringe reporting seriously. Maybe I shouldn't either.Just when she started to think that her brain had abandoned her, pieces of information started to click into place in her mind.From the way they're talking they must not be with any branch of the government. Well, duh, Natalie,she thought at herself,they wouldn't have broken me out of there if they were. Not to mention the word "lycan" being dropped repeatedly. But if people are still looking for my tapes then maybe I'm not insane."Don't do that," she whispered at herself. "The minute you start talking crazy again, it's back in the strait jacket." Natalie wrapped her arms around herself protectively and hunched down in the chair.

A sudden hand on her shoulder made her jump. "I'm not going to put you in a strait jacket."

Natalie hadn't realized that Mira moved away from the door. It was closed again and Trey was gone.

"I want you to know that a great many lives are depending on getting the information you have on those tapes. It's more important than you realize."

Pulling away from Mira's hand Natalie virtually fell to the floor and backpedaled away from her. "No. You don't realize. There's nothing. I didn't tape anything. I don't know what you want. I just want to go home." Tears streamed down Natalie's face.That's it,her mind said, racing,stick to your story. That's the only way. They'll have to let you go when they figure out that you're worthless to them. Worthless.

Mira walked back to the window. "This is going to be a long night."

Natalie couldn't help the chill that went down her spine at thecomment..

* * * *

Tired and hungry, Jenna stared up at the dilapidated, blinking neon vacancy sign. The motel behind it beckoned. Not long ago Jenna would have seen this place as being so far beneath her, she wouldn't have considered staying anywhere on the same street. Now she stumbled across the muddy lot toward the rotting building as a thirsty beggar at a desert oasis. She was hungry, tired, and had nowhere to go. All of her contacts had been exhausted and her relatives refused to acknowledge her. Everywhere she stopped Cadifor showed up shortly thereafter. She was praying that she could get one lousy night of peace in a bed. Any bed. Even a bed here.

Soft lustful sighing distracted Jenna. For the moment, she forgot that her father's soul was sharing her mind and body. Sex was generally the only thing that Jenna obsessed over more than power. But she hadn't had a bed in weeks, let alone someone to share it with.

Brennus's disgust at his daughter's thoughts emanated through her body. Their joining had been the traditional euphemist double edged sword. Thanks to Brennus's death and Jenna's desire to save him trapping his soul in her body, they had come to know and understand each other better than any father and daughter ever should.

Jenna now understood that Brennus had truly only ever wanted her happiness and truly loved her unconditionally. Brennus now knew that he never managed to bring her to understand that and all of her behavior had been a cry for him to be proud of her. Those realizations, a long time in coming, were now outweighed by the sheer quantity of truths that neither ever wanted the other to know.

Jenna now recognized where her desire for power came from and that her willingness to do whatever it takes to keep it was also a family tradition. The only difference being that Brennus aged and came to understand that true power also needs temperance if it is to be kept. That lesson he learned the hard way. Now it was Jenna's turn and she wasn't managing as well as he did.

Brennus, for his part, had come to understand any number of things about his daughter that he wished he never knew. The one that currently was causing the most issues was her streak of lust. Another trait she inherited from him, but one he wanted to know nothing about. Jenna snuck around the side of the motel headed toward the sounds of sex. There was no point in going into the office, considering she had no cash left and she knew that if she used her credit card, she would be found.

Turning the corner, Jenna found a man standing with his back against the motel wall. An emaciated woman with dirty blonde hair and tracks on both arms was on her knees in front of him. She had a bored look on her face as she sucked rhythmically on his cock. Jenna stood mesmerized, feeling warmth begin to pool between her legs. Somewhere in the back of her mind, Brennus was growling in disgust at his daughter's interest in the filthy hooker and her John.

The pair reeked of alcohol and cigarettes. When the man noticed Jenna watching he flashed her a toothless grin and beckoned her over. When she hesitated, he produced a grimy wad of bills and waved it at her.

Jenna took a step toward the pair, only to feel her legs resisting as Brennus attempted to override her will.I want to sleep in a bed tonight,she mentally growled at him, forcing her father back to the recesses of her mind. He wasn't willing to acknowledge that a part of her just wanted to suck off this guy in the alley.

The girl who was already working on the guy didn't seem to care as Jenna joined her. Lost to her pent up desire, Jenna took turns sucking on the stranger's cock. Her hand found its way between her legs and she rubbed her clit as she worked on the guy with her mouth. Brennus at least had enough control to force Jenna to back off as the guy started to groan, all too quickly, and sprayed cum across the other girl's lips and chin.

When the guy fell to his knees as if the orgasm had been something special, trying to recover, Jenna grabbed the cash out of his hand. When the girl tried to protest Jenna taking off with all the money, Jenna backhanded her hard enough to force her to the ground next to the guy.

If you only wanted to rob them, you could have done that without degrading yourself,Brennus' voice rebuked in the back of Jenna's mind.

When I want your opinion, father, I will ask for it.Jenna walked into the motel office, paid for a room and turned down another trick on her way out of the office. Once in her room, Jenna stripped down and climbed into the shower. She felt like she hadn't been clean in months, though it had only been a couple weeks since her last shower. Admittedly, all the running from Cadifor had been the main cause of the multiple layers of soil on her clothing. Still, she missed her garden tub, her Jacuzzi, her swimming pool; everything she had owned with water in it.

She took her time in the shower and then drying herself, enjoying every minute of the simple pleasure and considering all the things she used to take for granted. Jenna filled the tub with water again and threw her dirty clothes in with what was left of the half used complimentary bar of soap that had been on the sink. She did her best to clean the majority of grime from her jeans and shirt. In the middle of lamenting having a lack of a clean change of clothes, her cell phone rang. Jenna hadn't actually answered it since she started running. The battery was all but dead. She was almost afraid to pick it up.

Cadifor could have gotten your number,Brennus warned.

So what if he did. There's no GPS on it.

There are ways.

Jenna grabbed the phone up, partially because she knew her father didn't want her to answer it.Well then it doesn't matter if I find out who might be calling. They're probably already on their way and this is a warning that I'd be better off to wait and give in.

You underestimate Cadifor. That can be added to your list of mistakes to date.

Is there anything you believe I can do right?

Brennus didn't bother to continue the argument. He knew that it wouldn't do any good.

Jenna flipped the phone open violently. "Hello?"

A husky voice on the other end of the line didn't bother with pleasantries or introductions. "I might be able to help you."

"Who is this," Jenna asked cautiously.

"It doesn't matter. You want somewhere safe to stay? Where the lycan Council can't touch you?"

Jenna paused. Of course she did, but she didn't recognize the number on the caller ID or the voice. Still she had no one to trust and was out of options. "I'm listening."

"The Council and the Circle are having a meeting. I need it stopped."

Now Jenna knew it wasn't Cadifor. He would never come in between the Council and the Circle's new friendship. "How?"

"That's up to you. When I hear that the meeting didn't happen, I'll call you back."

Before Jenna could say anything else there was a click on the line. She immediately tried to redial the number, but there was no answer. By the third attempt her phone completely died.

Pacing back and forth across the room, Jenna mulled over her options.I'm not going anywhere near the Council and I don't really know where the Circle is. Even if I did what would I be able to do to stop a Council meeting?

Brennus waited patiently for her to decide that she should ask him for an opinion. She stubbornly refused to talk directly to him. Finally he gave up waiting for her to ask for help.

I can't believe you're taking this phone call so seriously when you don't even know who it was or what the motivation might be. I would assume that it's someone either trying to flush you out, suggesting that you go somewhere near the Council is suicide. Or it's someone trying to use you for their own purposes. Either way I'm fairly sure that if you believe you'll actually get somewhere by following such a ludicrous suggestions as to attempt stopping a Council meeting, you're more likely to end up dead than anything else. Not to mention that if you mess with the Council further, the chances that you'll ever be able to resume your standing as a pack Alpha will be even more lost than they already are.

Father, in case you haven't noticed, there will be no resuming my position with the pack Council. Either it's into hiding for the rest of my existence or find a way to bring down the Council.

There was a long silence in Jenna's mind. Neither Brennus or Jenna could believe what she was actually thinking.

It's not possible to bring down the pack Council. It's been in place too long, has too many ancients running it, and too many resources at its disposal. You have nothing.Brennus was starting to think that his daughter was insane.

Jenna approached the bathroom mirror and stared at her reflection as if she was looking another person in the eyes.Nothing is impossible.

* * * *

Cullen continued to debate whether he should be turning around and heading back to the Taigh-Osda or not. Aislinn's uneasy feeling had never gone away. As faint as it may be at this distance, Cullen could still feel her anxiety and fear for their unborn children. The one thing he did decide was that regardless of what the Council needed, there had to be a way of doing it from Aislinn's side. He wasn't about to let anything happen to her.

Keith turned up the dirt road that led to the Council manor. The large black SUV bumping along only added an extra dimension to Cullen's upset. He had never been so unhappy to see the manor looming on the mountain side. Immense and imposing, stone work made the manor look like it had been imported from some bad horror flick. Too new to look like a legitimate castle, it had all the trappings of modern society. From the heated stone floors to the Jacuzzis in the suite bathrooms, it was more like a luxury resort than anything else. Not that you could that from the outside.

Keith pulled into the parking area, which was really just an open field, and parked next to the array of other vehicles that were scattered about the clearing. Both men got out of the truck, slamming their doors shut behind themselves and walked silently up the stone pathway to the manor.

This was Keith's first visit to the manor. Normally Cullen dealt with Council matters on his own. But in this case there was the potential for too much that would need Keith's special expertise. Cullen wasn't about to admit that whatever the Council wanted, his mind would be split, considering Aislinn, and he needed Keith to keep himself on track.

Keith opened the door for Cullen and followed him into the huge building, playing the dutiful second. Gaping at the vaulted ceilings, stained glass windows, tapestries and carved woodwork, Keith was only more amazed at the vast array of people he saw walking the halls. Not knowing which of the men and women were ancient Council members and which were merely part of the Council entourage, Keith thought it best to remain a step behind and to the left of Cullen. There was something reassuring in keeping his place obvious in these surroundings.

Cullen grinned reassuringly over his shoulder at his best friend. "I don't know of any lycan who could come into this place and not be a little intimidated. Though, I have to admit, I find it funny to see that you do know your place. I may never have guessed it outside of here."

Keith smirked. "Yeah well I'm not fool enough to give you too hard of a time in front of the Council. But rest assured that I'll make up for it when we get out of here."

secretme
secretme
3,475 Followers
12