Learning the Lifestyle Ch. 01

Story Info
Odd romance blossoms between college radio students.
9k words
4.7
32.1k
10

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/14/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Silky had been engaged when she first met Michael. He was the program director of the college radio station where she went to school and worked everyday from two to six every afternoon. In essence, he was her boss. She had a normal working relationship with him and all the others who worked and went to school there. She kept to herself mostly and lived off campus. She never dreamed that her world was soon to change.

It started all very innocent enough. Michael had just bought a new truck and like all new cars, it was in the shop. He had asked all of the other students if any of them lived out near the New Line RV and Trailer Park, but everyone else lived on campus or in the other direction. The only one who lived even remotely close to where Michael lived was Silky. So he had asked if she would give him a ride for the next few days and she, not wanting to offend "The Boss" said she'd be delighted. Thus it began.

"You don't mind stopping by the grocery store first, do you?" Silky had asked Michael, "I need to do my shopping for the week."

"Not if you stop by the hardware store too," came the reply.

"Alright, let's go shopping." Silky laughed.

They had done their shopping and Silky had dropped him off at his home, with the promise to pick him up the next morning at ten. They both had classes that started at 11:00 on Tuesdays. Silky had got home and was unpacking her purchases, when the phone rang. Answering it, Silky found to her delight that it was Reed, her fiancé. He had enlisted in the military after high school and had finished boot camp two weeks before Silky had started college. Soon he was going to Germany to do his tour, for now he was in California. They talked for a while and Silky sensed something was amiss. Finally Reed came out with it.

"Silky, we need to talk. I am thinking of making the military a career. Staying in for twenty or so years. I really like it," came the crushing blow from Reed.

In a choked voice she replied, "What does this mean for us?"

She heard him sigh and knew what it meant before he even told her, she knew that all her high school friends were right. High school romances didn't last.

"Well, Silky, for now any way, let's see other people. Let's end our engagement and just be friends. I don't know what the future holds and I want you to get your degree and do what you want with your life. You could not have that as a military wife. We'd move around too much. Keep the ring and stay in the apartment. I paid for it for the two full years. I'm sorry that I've broke your heart, Silky, but better now then after I've ruined your future too," came the answer she was dreading.

"Okay, then, good-bye," she replied hastily, not trusting her voice to say much more. She hung up, but not before she heard him say, "Ahhh, Silky, don't be that way.
Don't be what way she wondered. Was there a way you were supposed to act when the first love you ever had threw you away? Were you supposed to be nice and cordial when the man you were supposed to marry broke your heart for a job? Silky was not sure, but she knew that she didn't care how she was supposed to act; all she cared about was how she felt and how she wanted to act. Well, she thought, to hell, with Reed and his opinion. He broke up with her.

The next day, on the way to school, after picking up Michael, he noticed she was not the same person he had seen yesterday. He had wondered about her all year, since she walked in to the campus radio station. She already had airtime experience from a high school and summer job. She was very pretty and not at all vain about it. She dressed sexy, but didn't seem to notice that she was or that other men had even noticed her state of dress. She was smart, had a good radio voice and handled her show better then most second years, and she wore an engagement ring. Michael wondered if it was real or did she just use it to keep the men at bay. He wanted to find out and now with her driving him home, he had the perfect opportunity to find out.

"So tell me, who's the lucky guy?" Michael asked on the way home that night pointing to the ring.

She looked at the ring and then him like he had asked her to cut off her hand and then a single tear ran down her face. "No one anymore," she choked out, "he dumped me."

"Really, may I ask why?"

"I'm not sure, but he said it was because he wanted to make a career out of the military and that he didn't want me to sacrifice my dreams for his. Whatever that means," she shot out. Then mumbled something to her self.

Seeing a possible opening Michael smoothly answered, "Well, usually that means that the man wants out of the relationship and/or wants something different out of life and that the women is holding the man back and the best way to break it off with the woman is to say that his dreams would make her lose or ruin hers and the man would never, could never do that to the woman. Easy out for the man, makes him look good if he ever decides he wants you back."

"What," came a spitting response? "Are you serious, men do that? Why?"

"We do things like that and worse, because plain and simply, we are dogs," another smooth answer from Michael. "We never stop to think outside of our jeans."

She laughed so hard at this and the when she finally could breath, she replied, "That is so true, and to think, I gave myself to him. What a fool I was."

So, she wasn't a virgin. Good all the more easily for what Michael had in mind, now to figure out how to seduce her broken heart into his arms. Michael loved a challenge. He also loved black haired women with porcelain white skin. Silky had both and to top it off a set of eyes so green, they would make an emerald jealous. She was, as he said, pretty and not vain about it, smart, sexy, sweet tempered and on the rebound. To put is simply, she was all he dreamed for in a woman except the rebound part, and hell, beggars couldn't be choosers. Time to figure out how to make her, his.

He let her talk and pour her heart out all the way home and for about 20 minutes in his driveway and even asked her in for a cup of coffee. At first she said no, but gave in the second time he asked as he got out of the car. She talked about her ex-fiancé and how it was with him and about were they had came from and what her father was going to say when he found out. She cried part of the time and seemed to determine to move on with her life the rest of the time.

As he unlocked the door she asked, "Do you have something other that coffee?"

Wondering if she meant to get drunk, he questioned, "Like booze?"

Her eyes got wide and she laughed, "I probably should get drunk, but no, I have classes tomorrow and still have to drive home. I meant like tea or juice. I don't drink coffee, I hate the way it tastes."

Deciding whether he was disappointed or relieved, he said, "Of course, I have juice. If you wanted to get drunk though, I would put you up for the night or drive you home. I would never let you drive drunk."

She laughed again, this time a little harder, "Trying to get me drunk won't help the heartache, I'll just remember in the morning."

How innocent she was and at the same time from the things she had said about her relationship with Reed, he knew she was experienced too. Michael wondered what it would take to get to her heart and body. He was only too willing to find out. He fixed her a glass full of ice and gave her a bottle of juice and started his coffee to perk. She was looking around his living area and kitchen, smiling at this and that. She mumbled something to herself that sounded like approval. He liked that thought. He wanted her to like his home. He wanted he to like everything about him.

"May I ask, why do you live off campus, Michael," she suddenly asked of him.

He was studying her and was a little caught off guard, when she spoke, but recovered and replied, "If I tell you, will you tell me why you don't live on campus either?"

Smiling she said, "My reason is no secret, Reed rented an apartment for me so that he could come stay with me when he visited and since you can't have over night guests in the dorms and a hotel room would be an extra expense on top of the dorm, we decided to just rent an apartment away from campus. This way, we don't have to live by their rules. What's your reason?"

With a devilish grin he came back with, "I'm the local serial killer and this way, I'm not easily caught." Then at her shocked look, he added, "No I'm kidding, I just didn't want to live by their rules either, I like my own space and would have hated to share a room with someone. I like to be able to have my own place to cook too. I have other reasons, but don't want to shock you."

Pleading she asked, "Tell me please."

"Maybe, in time, if you're really good. So how about dinner, my treat?"

She thought on this and replied, "Not tonight, I have something in the crock pot. Can I take a rain check?"

Strike out! He didn't let the disappointment show though, and answered her nonchalantly, "Sure, how about Thursday or Friday? I'll make your favorite and desert." Come on sweet angel, he thought, say yes. Let me have you, let me make you mine.

Thinking on this and wondering if she should date just after breaking up with Reed. Didn't people wait after a breakup, to date? Should she? Why not? Reed, couldn't know or care and so far only Reed and herself and now Michael knew the she was dumped, and only Michael and her would know that she went out this soon. Besides it was dinner, not really a date anyway. Answering him, slowly, "Okay, but how do you know my favorite or are you going to guess?"

"Well, I could guess, but since I am really partial to spaghetti with meatballs, I'm going to say that is your favorite and hope I'm right and for desert, I just know women can't resist cherry cheesecake."

Laughing again she replied, "Actually, that is one of my favorites, and if your cheesecake is really good, I'll become your love slave."

His heart hit his throat and his pulse hammered, was he that easy to read, could she know his thoughts? No, she couldn't, not with all her innocence. Deciding to turn on the charm, he answered her challenge, "Well, beautiful, bring your favorite collar and wear something revealing and sexy, because it tastes like heaven."

He watched her face trying to judge her reaction to this, and he wasn't sure if she was going to bolt or laugh. Had he pressed to far to fast? It was partly her fault; she made that comment about being his love slave, which hit to close to home. She made his hormones race when she said it and the way it was said, like she meant it. He could see her now, half clothed and collared. Begging at his feet. What a site she would be. He shook this thought from his head, not so fast he told himself, take it easy and wait.

"Okay, well, shall we say tomorrow night," her voice sounding half flirty and half nervous, "Or will Friday, be better?"

He grabbed her hand, made a bow, kissed her hand and replied, "Tomorrow it is, my lady. You bring the bread and I'll supply the rest."

She saw her moment to leave and with a flirty smile said, "It's a date," and out the door she went.

On the way home, she wondered if he was flirting with her. She also thought about whether she wanted him to flirt with her. She felt funny after just breaking up with Reed, but decided that she was the one dumped, so why not. Besides, what if Michael wasn't flirting, what if he was always that way with women. Michael was a very good-looking man, sexy in fact. Surely he already had a girlfriend, especially since the rumor was that he had came from money. He probably was all ready set up to marry by his parents. Didn't rich people do that? Well, she mused, let's just play it by ear and see what happens. If the opportunity arose, she just let nature take its course and see where it took her.

Then next day, on the way to school, Michael seemed a bit grumpy, and not very talkative. After several minutes of silence, she started laughing. He looked at her like she had grown a third head, but she continued to laugh.

"What, if I may ask, is so funny," came a gruff question? "Do I have my clothes on wrong or something?"

Still laughing a little, she replied, "No, not at all, at least I don't think you do. I was laughing at my own silly foolishness and myself. Yesterday, I thought you were flirting with me and trying to seduce me, but now I can see that I was just being silly." Sobering up a little, she added, "I guess it is just from be upset over Reed and all that. I am sorry Michael." She turned to look at him and found him looking at her strangely. Oh boy, Silky though, you really made a fool out of yourself now.

"Pull over for a minute," he said in a husky voice, "right here and now would be fine."

She pulled over and set the brake, not sure what was happening, surely he would not get out here and walk. She turned to look at him and found herself pulled into his arms, as his mouth claimed hers. He touched his tongue to her lips and she parted them. Slowly and thoroughly he kissed her. She couldn't remember ever being kissed this well. His hand cupped her right cheek and the other one was buried in her now loose hair. He nibbled her lips and then ended the kiss. She could feel the heat coming from his body, in waves and the waves seem to hit her body and they left her vibrating like a freshly plucked guitar string. His hand was still on her cheek and the other had come to rest on her shoulder and was presently stroking her neck ever so gently. Driving her senses crazy. He titled her head and looked into her eyes.

"I was flirting, if that's what you want to call it," came a tense reply, "I am drawn to you and I want you, make no mistake about it and I mean to have you."

Not knowing what to say and not trusting her voice to speak, even if she did, she just sat there staring at him, not realizing her lips were slightly parted and her eyes had that look of wanting in them. She looked so sexy, that Michael thought about skipping school and spending the day making her forget her broken heart. He fought with this thought for several minutes and was about to ask her opinion on the matter, when he noticed, she had looked away. Oh no, did he move to fast, did he scare her off?

"Silk, look at me."

She turned her head and he saw that while she might be a little scared, she was turned on too. She seemed a little confused also.

"Why are you so grouchy this morning," came an innocent question?

He laughed at this a little and asked, "Are you sure you want to know, little one, I may shock you," at her nod, he continued, "I thought of you all night and what would be the best way to seduce you tonight. I couldn't sleep, thinking of you and all I'd like to show you. Things I'd like to do with you and I don't mean just sexually, Silk. I want to dress you up, take you places, and see the wonders of the world with you." He watched her face again, sending up a silent prayer. "Well, what will it be, yes or no?"

Should she, could she. Why not? Reed had thrown her and her love away. Now someone else wanted her. Someone, who seemed to want the same things she wanted, liked the same things she did. Why not indeed?

"Yes, I think so," came a slow reply, "Why not, I like you, and you seem like a nice normal person."

His eyes narrowed and he laughed a little again, "Nice, maybe, normal no, but I do like you too." Now was the time to exert a little control, to see how she would take it. "Silk, you will promise me one thing right here and now. I am a very take-charge type of person; I like to be in control. I will never hurt you or cause you any real pain. So, what I am asking is that you will always trust me, no matter what. Real trust, never questioning anything I say, do or ask of you. Can you do this? I need to know right now."

She smiled at him, "I think so," and then seeing that he wanted a definite yes or no, "Yes Sir, I can trust you."

He kissed her again, just as thoroughly as the first time and then said, "Good, now let's get to school, before we are late."

As they drove to school, he asked her questions about her life and family. He asked and probed her and in that short 20-minute drive, she felt that he knew more about her than Reed ever did. This struck her funny, since Reed had lived down the street from her and she had known him for over two years. She wondered about Michael's life and family, but was content to answer questions about herself, for now. She could ask later. As her father always said, "All will reveal itself in time."

"So why did you parents name you Silky," he finally asked.

People always asked her this and even thought she liked her name, she was a little tired of the unusualness of her name that caused this question in the first place. She answered it with the same answer she always gave.

"My mother and father were hippies," she started, "And like all hippies, they gave their children those strange names. Mine were running with a group who had already used all the names that symbolized the hippy era. You know, like Rainbow, Faith, Love, Hope and all those other weird names. Well anyway, when I was born, I had long silky black hair and my mom felt it the first time she held me and said, Silky, that will be her name, Silky, like her hair. Since my parents wanted to give me a hippy type name, Silky was perfect. All their friends agreed. I was Silk or Silky ever since."

"What's your middle name?"

She raised her left eyebrow and smiled, "Promise not to laugh?"

Not looking amused, he replied, "I never laugh at someone's name."

"Skyewind," she said a little softly, "My father is part Cherokee Indian, and so we all have Indian names too. My older brother's name is Free River. We call him River."

They had arrived at the school and he said he would walk her to her class. She hoped this would not make him late to his own class. She thought to ask him, but he kept up with the questions.

"So do all your siblings have Hippy/Indian names," he asked?

"No not all. My stepbrothers and sisters were born before my dad married their mom so they have normal names. My half brother from my father only has an Indian name, but not a hippy one. Dad had out grown the hippy thing by the time Falcon came along. My half brother from my mother has a hippy name, but not an Indian one; the Indian thing was Dad's idea not moms. They call him Raine. It is a real cool name, I think. Well, here's my class, you better run or you'll be late for yours."

"Ok, until later then," and he kissed and left her standing there, heart thumping wildly from just a little kiss. My god that man could turn a woman into a puddle. If that was the effect he has with just a kiss, she may melt into nothing with his lovemaking. Well, she was willing to risk it, knowing that it was worth it. Oh yes, it was well worth it, she thought and she took her seat, trying to turn her thoughts to the English class at hand.

She made it through the rest of her class with out spending to much time fantasizing about Michael. At lunch, she sat in the campus lunchroom and ate a salad, because it was the only thing on the menu that resembled was it was supposed to be. A deliveryman came up and asked her if she was Ms. Silky Bennett, to which she shook her head yes.

"I have a delivery for you," he stated, "Please sign here."

"Okay," she answered and signed the paper on the clipboard the he had thrust at her. As he turned to get the box he had laid behind him, she fished in her purse for a tip.

Handing her the box, he waved away the money, "No thank you Miss, the sender more than took care of the tip. Have a nice day," and off he went.

The card on top of the box read, 'I hope you don't think this too forward. M.' Curiously, she opened the box to find the sexiest outfit, she had ever seen. It was an emerald green teddy with garters. There was a pair of emerald green stockings to match the outfit and a necklace of sorts. It was an emerald green ribbon, made into a necklace. A choker, she thought after studying it. It reminded her of a collar also. It was rather sexy. She decided to put the choker on right then.