Left Behind Ch. 03: End

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Hypoxia
Hypoxia
937 Followers

"No, Dave. I mean, STAY with me. Take classes. Go on hikes. Study, work, have fun. But at night, stay with me. Please." Her voice was soft.

Dave put the coffee press down, came to Rosa's bed, and sat next to her. He took her hand.

"You sure about this, Rosa? You're exploring your freedom. I'm fifteen years younger than you and I don't really know where I'm going. You sure you want to tie yourself down? To me? Here, now?"

Rosa pressed his hand to her lips. "Yes," she whispered, "yes, I'm sure, I'm ready." Her voice strengthened. "I've had fun. And I feel guilty."

"What?" Dave shook his head. "You don't..."

"No, I don't think what happened is divine retribution or bad karma or any fantasy like that. It's not Catholic shit. You've seen that SHIT HAPPENS IN RELIGIONS joke? For Adventists it's, 'Shit happens on Saturdays'. For Jews, 'Why does this shit always happen to me?' And for Catholics it's, 'I deserve this shit.' Well, I don't. I don't deserve it, and I don't believe it.

"But... well, I talked with a woman about burdens. My past is my burden, all the mistakes I've made. And my kids, the rotten little shits, they're part of my burden, but they're mine. What's that song about freedom? Nothing left to lose? If I explore freedom, where does that take me?

"I'm free from Bobo, but he's still my past, my burden. And the woman said we can't dump our burdens, but we can share them, share the load. I'm going to talk more with that woman and her group about sharing loads - from my shoulders to theirs, and from their backs to mine. And Ernie said he could maybe help me get together with my kids. That'll take off some weight."

She rubbed his hand - not nervously or idly, just calmly, closely.

"So I want to use you, to shift some of my load onto you. Think you could be Tío Davíd, Uncle Dave, to my kids, if I get them here? And I'll take on your load. Sure, you're on scholarship, but it doesn't cover everything, right? And you've got your own past burdens. We all do. I can help, if you'll let me. Not just money; I know things."

Rosa pulled Dave close and hugged him. "You don't have to stay forever. Just be close at hand. Stay with me. Please."

*****

THE END??

Author's note: Your feedback is appreciated. If you like this, VOTE! Your votes and comments are a Literotica author's only payment.

Hypoxia
Hypoxia
937 Followers