Legally Nude Ch. 19

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
HStoner
HStoner
2,397 Followers

"Carla Bennett?" he asked.

Erin and I nodded.

"I'm Doctor Zelnick. We've developed some very advanced techniques here for treating extreme trauma. We've had a lot of successes." He sounded like he was reassuring himself. "I've been a trauma surgeon for years. I was an Army Doc in Iraq for a while. I've treated guys who had half their bodies blown away. I've never seen anyone before with as many and as severe injuries as Ms. Bennett. I'm very, very sorry. We tried everything."

This time, Erin and I both were heaving, although I had nothing left to throw up. I was dizzy and felt like I was in a box with the sides closing in. I became aware of Erin sobbing. I grabbed her arm and pulled her to me. We sat in that hospital clutching each other and sobbing.

The next several days were terrible. Neither Erin nor I was very functional. Cammie came and helped. Melina stayed at our house to take care of us. Tia and Stefan and Brenda and Greg were there a lot.

Cammie decided that Carla should be buried here. The funeral was doubly painful for me because, in the end, it made the most sense to bury Carla next to Amy.

Somehow, Melina, our law clerk, kept our office running, sort of, and kept me, I was now the only lawyer, out of malpractice. Several of our friends from the NBA picked up many of Carla's cases, and mine. At some point, I spoke with Trooper Rack again. They guy who hit Carla wasn't hurt at all. His truck was driven away from the scene and just needed some bodywork.

I made it back into the office about three weeks after that awful call. Melina updated me on several matters. Then she said, "I'm sending my transfer application up to the university law school today."

"What?" I asked.

"I'm transferring down here. I can go to school and help you out. You need it and I can't do that if I'm in Chicago."

"Melina, that's nuts. You're at a top five law school. Yeah, the university's law school is ok, but you don't leave where you are to come here. That's professional suicide!"

"Harry, I don't give a shit about prestige. I do give a shit about you and Erin. You need me here and this is the only job I ever wanted, I just wanted it with Carla too."

I was incensed. I called Erin into my office.

Erin could tell that I was upset. "What's up" she asked as she walked in.

"Melina wants to transfer from Chicago and finish law school here. She says that way she can help us."

Erin thought for a moment. Then she walked over to Melina and hugged her. "Thank you Melina. Oh God, thank you."

It slowly dawned on me that I was looking at the two most important people left in my life. I had been extraordinarily fortunate to know several truly great ladies. I had lost Amy and Carla. I needed to hold on to Erin and Melina as long as they wanted me.

That was a few years ago now. I'm looking across our living room. Sitting next to each other on the sofa, nude, are Erin French and Melina Becker. Erin and Melina are still extraordinarily beautiful, inside and out. We've survived together. The laptop on which I am writing this is getting pretty warm on my bare dick. I think that the ladies have some place else they prefer that appendage to be.

HStoner
HStoner
2,397 Followers