Lemons or Lemonade?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Or when she was ten and fell of her horse and broke her arm. Even though she was in pain on the way to the ER, she begged me not to be mad at the horse. She said she had been showing off and that it wasn't his fault and made me promise not to punish him.

Or the time that we were in a pasture and a bull mounted a cow right in front of Alyssa and me. She was twelve but I was the one that was embarrassed. Alyssa laughed at my discomfort and told me that she knew about sex and stuff from her talks with Julie.

Or the time she was bitten by a snake. Her leg became swollen as I rushed her to the ER. Alyssa was fine but I almost had a heart attack. Her adventurous spirit and curiosity led to many trips to the doctor or the ER.

My little girl and I had a very good life as she grew up in spite the loss of her mother and my partner.

*******************

Six months after her visit home I walked my Alyssa down the aisle and gave her hand to John. I sat in the front pew and watched my little girl transfer her life to another man. There would still be a special spot in her heart for me but I would no longer be the exclusive love of her life.

But that's okay, she seems very happy and John is a good man. I know he will do his very best to make Alyssa's life all that it should be.

I thought it would be neat for Sam and me to have a double wedding with Alyssa and John. My plans for that went down the tubes very quickly as Sam convinced me that the day should belong to Alyssa and John. So we will be married after John and Alyssa get back from their honeymoon and get settled into their new home.

I have had three great loves in my life; Beth, Alyssa, and now Sam. It has been many years since the tragic accident that took Beth, but Alyssa helped me get to this point. Now that my little girl is moving on, Sam has arrived to take over as Alyssa leaves.

Maybe the old adage is right; when life hands you lemons make lemonade. All I wanted was to take care of Alyssa and make her happy. I guess by doing that I have managed to make lemonade out of the lemons life threw at me.

Alyssa is happy, Sam and I are happy ..... and life goes on.