Leni's Ordeal Ch. 02: Havelsee

Story Info
Leni's story continues as she and Erica escape to Havelsee.
7.2k words
4.33
4.5k
1

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 10/10/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(For the story to this time, please read Leni's Ordeal: Berlin 1945)

*****

The small farm bordered the river not far from Havelsee. Helmut kept his barge tied to a small wharf there, living off the trade in potatoes and cabbage between the Havel and starvation stricken, Russian occupied Berlin, 100 kilometers to the east. World War 2 had ended only a few days before. Berlin lay under the Russian boot. Rape and pillage were the order of the day. In the stone farmhouse Helmut's wife Inga lived with him, agonizingly working each day with rough hands and a bent back over the few fields they'd been able to sow. Her sons had disappeared into the war long ago.

When Leni and Erica at last felt Helmut's barge bump against the river wharf, the benzedrine had almost worn off. The two deadly tired young women, exhausted by the strain of hiding in the ballast tank for many, many hours, prayed Helmut might release them quickly. Their necks ached from straining to keep their heads above the water in the tank. Only the previous day they had escaped from the Russians.

After Helmut unscrewed the hatch to release them, they lay in the hold, drenched and shivering, no longer resembling beautiful girls. Numbed by the cold water, the welts and bruises the Russians had inflicted during their week of captivity hobbled them with a stiffness making it impossible to stand erect. For minutes they lay there, holding hands and trembling, while Helmut finished securing the barge.

"Mutter, mutter!' he called urgently. Inga's weatherbeaten face smiled as she came down the stone path to welcome him with a bottle of apple schnapps. Sensing something wrong, she hurried to him, an inquiring look on her face. Quickly he brought her below where she saw Leni's tall body draped aroung little Erica, the girls still in their leather jackets and men's work clothes. With a cry of dismay, Inga listened as Helmut briefly described their rape, torture and humiliation. The two old folks knelt by the girls, getting them to sip the schnapps. Soon they had them up on deck, squinting painfully into the setting May sun. When Inga saw the palm sized Walther pistol slip from under Leni's cap, she clucked disapprovingly. With a look, Helmut cautioned her, letting Leni keep her gun.

In the attic, Inga took their clothes to be washed, putting them naked together in the big oaken bed. They slept restlessly through the night only waking as the late morning sun warmed the room. Leni woke first, stretching by the window naked, trying unsuccessfully to get a good look at herself until she spied the mirror on the inside of the closet door. Her long legged, blonde body had survived, but she saw a hard look in her blue eyes she hadn't noticed before. Only 19, she stroked her face, the dimples, the wide lips as if making sure they were the same as before. The welts on her back and thighs seemed to be healing well. The rope burns were dry and wrinkled. She hoped her wrists and fingers would not be scarred. Not much to do about that one vicious stripe the General had laid under her right armpit and across her breast-the one that had bled. She flushed at the memory.

Gently waking Erica with a kiss on her cheek she tried to ignore her friend's frisky return kiss to her mouth. Remembering the deep loving kiss she'd surrendered to Erica when they'd been hidden in the barge, she worried she'd led her friend astray. She'd always love Erica, but she hoped a kiss given in a desperate moment might not be taken the wrong way. Nonetheless, both smiled and hugged, happy to be alive. The terror of the air raids, the Russian battle for Berlin, the week in the cellar with their mothers and neighbors, then the unbridled sexual slavery of the previous week had left some inhibitions behind in the rubble of the city. Safe, alive-even if naked-was something to celebrate.

Hearing the girls awake, Inga brought them their clothes. For Leni, a bit taller than Helmut, she had nothing but the rough flannel pants and shirt she had come in. The shirt did little to hide Leni's full breasts. For Erica, Inga loaned one of her few simple frocks with some underthings. Light green with a bit of white trim, the dress went well with Erica's soft brown eyes and curly dark hair. It was nothing for Inga to take in the waist and the bust a bit.

Downstairs breakfast was potato bread with a hot dark herbal drink reminiscent of coffee. They had no sugar or milk so the girls followed their hosts example and took a shot of apple schnapps in the drink. Both moodily sipped and munched, a bit shy, until Inga asked them their names. "Helene," Leni said softly. "But please call me Leni." Then Erica, always a bit playful said, "My name's Erica! Please call me whatever you like!"

Inga smiled saying, "No, I love your name. Erica it will be."

Happy to see them relaxed together, Helmut warned he must take the barge to Berlin again. "You must stay inside during the day," he told them. Perhaps they might help Inga with some chores in the house or outside after sunset. A brief shadow passed over Inga's face as she thought, as she frequently did, of her missing sons. Now two schoolgirls to help her! Seeing her face, an unspoken moment passed over each of them as they felt the hurt of their missing loved ones. For Leni, her father and Hans-her schoolmate and fiancee. Erica, her father and the sister killed in an air raid. Helmut and Inga, their family gone to ruin. This was a time when sadness was never far away.

"We must all hope for better times," Helmut reminded them. Without directly referring to the killings Leni had committed during the escape, he cautioned the Russians might still be looking for them. "If soldiers come near the farm, Inga will show you where to hide."

Drowsy again with the food and liquor, the girls napped much of the day. After a dinner of potatoes and cabbage, Inga shared the last of a liquor bottle with them. "For us, this the best medicine," she told them and they laughed. Both girls were in bed again by sunset. Leni wore her shirt. Erica, her borrowed slip. After one chaste kiss and hug they drifted to sleep.

Leni woke up feeling Erica trembling, grabbing her shirt, still asleep. It was a nightmare. Erica gasped for breath. At last, Leni was able to wake her. She held Erica as her friend sobbed in her arms. Her body was terribly hot. Only when Leni stroked her back, kissing her forehead gently, could Erica sob, "I'm so afraid."

"Me too, me too!"

When Erica calmed she began stroking Leni. "Please hold me," she begged. "Please kiss me, Leni."

Leni did, knowing it was wrong, but knowing it did feel so good. Just to feel the wonderful warmth of her friend who had the softest skin in the world was a godsend. Soon they were deep kissing together again. Leni's heart began to beat harder than she wanted it to. Suddenly Erica unbuttoned Leni's shirt and began kissing and sucking, burying her head between Leni's soft breasts. Her hair tickled Leni unbearably. She couldn't get her breath, had to squeeze her lips together to keep from giggling.

"Oh!" she gasped. "Stop it! Please! Please!"

They lay together panting.

"I'm sorry Leni," Erica whispered with a little smile.

"Oh, it's alright, but it's wrong. We must be careful."

"All I want to do is please you," Erica confessed.

"But it's terribly wrong."

"I know," Erica soothed her, "but there's no harm just for now."

Erica's soft hands held Leni so tightly she could feel the nails dig into her.

"Never mind," Leni forgave her. "Tomorrow we must find some way to feel better."

"Let me cut your hair," Erica whispered, gently touching it.

"What a good idea!" Leni brightened. Anything to try and feel better.

In the morning Inga found her ancient grooming kit, a wedding gift. The ebony and ivory case held scissors, an ivory handled straight razor and all the other things they might need. As Leni sat on a small stool before the closet mirror, Erica set to work. Lovingly she trimmed and shortened Leni's blonde hair. "Make it like a boy's hair," Leni told her. "It will be easier to take care of." The time passed sweetly as Erica worked, trimming the hair short at the sides but longer on top, brushing it in to place with a part on the side. "Let me shave you," Erica said. With a bowl of water and some soap, Erica knelt to gently shave Leni's long trim runner's legs, passing her fingertips over the slim muscles to ensure she left no stubble. Leni felt like a Queen as Erica carefully did her underarms. She finished by expertly shaping and polishing Leni's finger and toe nails, playfully kissing each foot when it was done.

"What do you think?" she asked as she knelt at Leni's side, gazing at her work in the mirror.

Leni beamed a smile. "I love it!"

"If only we had some red polish," Erica groaned. "I love your nails bright red."

"Don't worry, I feel so much better. Let me try to do you."

"Oh no, I can do myself. Why don't you watch me and tell how it looks?"

With that Leni lay on her side on the end of the bed. Drawing her knees comfortably up, she rested her head on her folded hands, watching in the mirror as Erica removed her frock. In her thin cotton slip, raising her delicate arms up, holding scissors and comb, Erica snipped away with great concentration at her curly raven hair. Leni noticed again how captivity had improved Erica's figure. A bit plump before, the weight had fallen off her, revealing graceful curves Leni hadn't noticed before. Even the lines of her fragile torso now had an exciting flare to them which Leni thought suited Erica very well. The teacup breasts sported rosy button nipples under the thin slip.

"How do you like it?" Erica asked as she finished.

"Maybe a little more off the top, just by your forehead."

"Oh yes of course. I see it."

Once she had shaved and finished her nails Erica stood on the stool and twirled like a model. Leni laughed and clapped, sitting up to compliment Erica for her talent.

The rest of the day they spent helping Inga with the chores in the house. When they asked if there was anything else they could do Inga mentioned the weeds springing up in the flower garden. "When it's dark, you can help me there."

The flower garden lay behind a hedge between the stone cottage and the river. There were not so many weeds to pull. The wide river showed silver in the moonlight. Leni so wanted a swim there. Used to running long races for the team at school, she missed the activity. Inside again a bit dirty from the weeding, Leni begged Inga to let them swim in the river. "Oh no, you must not be seen!" she warned. "Sound carries over the water. Someone, even on the other shore, might see or hear you." Instead she told them of the nearby waterfall nestled in the trees beyond the barn. "Kommen sie", she said. The empty barn, the animals stolen by marauding bands of soldiers, helped shield them from view. On the other side a thick rock ledge lay under the shallow earth. Old chestnut trees, their roots digging deep to find water through the narrow cracks in the stone, made an inviting glen beside the cultivated fields. As the three came under the leaves, a cloud embraced the moon, blinding the girls to the way. But Inga knew how to go by the feel of the gnarled roots girding the invisible path. Holding hands they crept forward. Not far along the rustling sound of the waterfall could be heard. Next they saw the faint glint of the roiled water passing through a crevice in the mossy rock. Slowly, as the cloud released the moon, they apprehended the deep pool before them. Leni knew she had to get in. She hoped it would be over her head. But careful, she thought.

"It's safe to swim in the water below the falls," Inga assured them. "But it's very cold." Right near the pool the mossy grass grew thick and soft. "Go ahead," she encouraged. "I'll hold your clothes." Both girls stripped, gingerly stepping in holding hands trying to get the feel of the bottom. Away from the edge, Leni found the pool deep as could be, terribly cold the deeper she dived. On the surface, she moved with Erica in wide circles along the edge. Behind the waterfall they found a narrow step the water had carved out of the rock. The two stood together for a minute watching the water cascade in front of them. Icily cold, they soon had to dress and leave, letting the warm night air dry them. Back at the house, a radiant Inga poured each a glass of schnapps which they drank with the spicy farm Rotweinkase Helmut and Inga had made. "There is so little left," Inga sighed, "but let us enjoy it together." After a bite she continued, "If you ever must hide, go behind the waterfall. No one can see you there."

All this while Erica's soft doe eyes followed Leni's every gesture, every move, her heart shaped face glowing with love. Leni tried not to let on that she noticed but old Inga certainly did, finally preferring to think the fixed hungry stare had something to do with the cold water, the schnapps and the cheese. Inga sighed contentedly, cutting them each a thick crust of bread to go with the next glass.

Up in the attic as they sleepily crawled into the big bed Leni scolded Erica for staring at her. Trying to sound severe she said, "You must not embarass me so!" But Erica only made a little moue of frustration and groggily turned over, hiding her face in the pillow.

Leni woke again in the night, sat up breathing hard, her hand to her pounding heart. In the dream the General, naked, stood over her again, the whip in his hand, Leni panicky bound before him, terrified of the next whistling sting, of her next scream. Slowly she calmed herself, her breathing slowed, but the itchy wetness between her thighs, the sweat between her breasts, disturbed her mightily. She lay back down, angrily pinching herself, wondering if the torment of her body's desires would ever leave her. Over her turmoil she once again heard Erica twisting about, struggling for breath. Sensing the truth, she placed a hand on Erica's arm whispering "What are you doing?" Erica, her slip up above the thighs, hand between her legs turned to Leni imploring, "Love me Leni", grabbing Leni's hand, rudely thrusting it to her pussy.

"Girl, you are too hungry."

She gathered Erica in her arms, tossing the slip off. She let herself wallow in her shame and fear, accepting her weakness because she was not strong but also because she knew Erica's love was the medicine that might keep the terror away. As Erica rapidly unbuttoned Leni's shirt, roughly pulling it off her, Erica's plea of the night before echoed through her mind. "There can be no harm now."

They kissed for what seemed hours finding a cocoon of soft peace and freedom previously unknown to either of them. Erica kissed Leni's breasts, her tummy, but as she moved her lips lower Leni's soft hands pulled Erica's lips up until her tongue plunged roughly in and out of the tender mouth. Erica felt crushed, just tried to breathe. Leni thrust one thigh hard against Erica's pussy wrapping her other leg around her bottom trapping Erica's wetness to her own. The rough squeezing motion increased as Leni let herself go, flogging her lover's passion with her own until the sweat poured off them.

Leni had to place a hand over Erica's mouth as the gasps became sobs. She thrust her away, flat on her back. Drowsy with the heat, Erica lay unresisting. Leni probed her with a finger, tenderly opening her up, thrusting into and lifting her pussy, keeping her hand tight over Erica's mouth as the girl grabbed the sheet with little fists, her shoulders rolling and thrashing against the mattress. Leni found her complete command over Erica's body unbearably intoxicating. Again and again she brought her to a frenzy until at last she lay quiet in her arms.

"Blessed little one," Leni prayed. "Go to sleep now." Erica smiled weakly, moaning as she rolled away.

But Leni lay awake unsatisfied. She sorely missed that achingly full feeling of a man's cock. Quietly thinking, she worried that with Erica her sexual satisfaction might never be complete. Tender, delicate Erica, a joy to hold and caress, could never overwhelm the animal strength Leni possessed. On the other hand, she realized she felt some control over her life for the first time in months. Perhaps, she promised herself, her satisfaction was a problem she and Erica might solve together.

Beneath, alone in her bedroom, Inga had been awakened by a creaking of the wood in the attic upstairs. How strange, she thought. She hadn't noticed any wind that night. Soon the sound died away. She drowsily forgot about it, thinking a sudden rogue wind had come up, one of those gusts that come rushing up the river, over the lakes, on the way to the sea so far away.

One afternoon Leni, Erica and Inga sat happily in the cozy sitting room sewing away at the pretty blue cotton cloth Helmut had brought back in the barge. The time passed rapidly as their fingers flew making dresses for each other

and, with Inga's help, fashioning some much needed underthings for Leni to wear.

Birds twittered in the yard as the sun shone through the windows. Erica whistled along with them, artfully imitating their sounds. Inga smiled, amazed at Erica's ability.

"You must have a beautiful singing voice," she complimented her.

"Oh, she can sing!" Leni said as Erica smiled shyly. "Go ahead and sing something!"

"What would you like to hear?" Erica asked Inga.

"I know it's not Christmas, but I love 'Liese Rieselt der Schnee'. Do you know it?"

"Of course!" And she sang in a careful sweet voice:

Liese rieselt der schnee

Still und starr ruht der see

Weinachtlich glanzet der wald:

Freue Dich Christkind kommt bald!

Which in English means:

Softly falls the snow

Quiet and frozen rests the lake

Christmas sparkles in the forest:

Rejoice!The Christ Child will soon be here!

"What a beautiful song!" Inga said. "And you do it so well!" Helmut agreed as he came into the room, surprising them with a coil of bratwurst he'd managed to scrounge. It made the girls' mouths water. Inga promised to serve them each a few slices with some sauerkraut that evening. Even though each wanted to devour the meat at sight, they saw Inga's good sense in making the treat last for a few evenings. In another way too, they appreciated Inga's restraint.

Realizing the need to be discreet, Leni had warned Erica they must be as quiet as possible at night. Inga had by now noticed their obvious physical closeness, their sometimes unwittingly flushed, disheveled appearance before breakfast after sleeping in each other's arms. The kindly woman had decided whatever they were doing was much better than what they had been through. She had let them know with a brief look here and there she suspected the two schoolmates had become more than best friends, but no more than that. She didn't need to know anymore.

In the early morning, with Helmut's grudging assent, Inga would call up to them "Wake up girls, come and help me!" They would know to dress in the men's clothes, the leather jackets and caps they'd escaped in. Disguised, they'd work for a time in a field far from the road. Inga would sit on a tree stump, keeping watch, smoking a pipe with her wake up schnapps, knowing the two girls, especially Leni, could often do in 2 hours what took her the best part of the day. Then before the sun got too high she would hustle them inside the stone cottage-now, with the extra help, cleaner and brighter than ever.

One afternoon Leni became mesmerized by the glowing coals in the old wood oven in the kitchen. As she placed a fresh log on the fire she left the iron door open to watch the flames rise up. Reaching one finger through the door, she touched a coal for a moment, feeling first the numbing heat, then the sting as she took her finger away. She didn't cry out but crouched before the fire, breathing heavily, staring at her burned flesh. "Put your finger in your mouth," Inga cried. "You must be more careful!" Taking Leni by the hand she washed the burn in cool water from the kitchen pump, then dipped it in lard, wrapping it in a clean cloth. "What happened?" she asked.