Lesser Gods Ch. 14-16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CatBrown
CatBrown
312 Followers

She paused to take a few breaths." I didn't tell him about the object he held, only how the battle seemed to be going to our side. He demanded to know where it was, and I thought he meant where the battle was being fought, but when I said it was too dark to tell, he struck me and demanded to know where the Fist of Apollo was. I didn't understand at first, but that must have been what he held. I said I didn't see any fist. He put Abigail in front of me again. I read her earlier and didn't tell Z that she was planning on killing him. This time I saw her pocket the Fist, at that little battle in an alleyway. I saw her stab him, and he choked on his own blood, but this time I saw him pull the blade out and turn on her. Something had already changed the outcome. I didn't know what to tell him. I didn't want him to know she would find the Fist, and I didn't want to be the cause of him surviving her attack, but I didn't know what to say. My mind was getting so fuzzy from the drugs. I think I must have passed out at that point, because the next thing I remember is being doused with cold water.

"He paraded more people in front of me, and everything repeated from different points of view. I told a few of them they would die, but Z hit me again each time, demanding I not say that any more. I think he was afraid they wouldn't fight if they knew they were going to die."

She started to shake uncontrollable. Grey increased the soothing hormones, and the doctor cut back on the amphetamine drip. She calmed down and continued, "Z kept me awake a long time, refusing me food or water, demanding that I tell him where the fist is. I didn't actually know where it was, only who was going to find it, so I just kept saying 'I don't know' and that went on for a day at least. He must have called in a lot more of his people, because he started parading them past me, too. I just kept seeing the same stuff.

"Z left for a while. Abigail brought me a bottle of water and released one of my hands. I read her and saw that I was safe for the near future and accepted the water. I started to ask her about her plans, but she shook her head, so I guess we were still being monitored. A young man wearing just a loin cloth brought in food and more wine. Abigail explained that Z was offering me his best, that I should accept the food, and the man. I refused to speak or even look at it, or him. She laughed at me. She told me it was pointless to resist him, that eventually I would have to accept, and then accepting would become easier and easier, not to mention more pleasurable. I kept my head down, and prayed for protection.

"Z came back and when he saw I hadn't accepted his gifts, he started raging, breaking things, threatening me. He said awful things, things he would do to me, things he would let others do to me. Then suddenly he became formal and civil again. He even apologized. Then he told me the pleasures of working with him, how I could have the best of everything: food, possessions, any man or woman I wanted. I stayed quiet, and that seemed to infuriate him. He told someone to increase the dose of whatever they were giving me. I started to hallucinate, at least. I think I was hallucinating. It was horrible."

She felt herself sob, and felt Grey calm her and squeeze her hand. She didn't think she needed to tell them the things she saw, the things she wasn't sure were really happening. Suddenly she saw a vision that caused her and Grey both to gasp.

"What?" said Travis and Enrique together.

"I saw myself," Zoe started, but wasn't sure she could complete the sentence.

Suddenly Grey wasn't in her head, and the memories were a fog again.

"Cut the drip," Grey said to the doctor. "Give her the Ativan. We need to move Zoe to a safe house, under triple guard."

"What did she see?" Enrique demanded, standing menacingly over Grey.

"She saw herself tied to a stake, beaten," Grey answered, turning to Zoe and gathering both her hands in his, "dead."

"That's impossible! Grey, this property is the safest place on Earth. How do you know moving her isn't the reason she, she," Enrique couldn't finish his sentence. He sat down next to Zoe and put his arm around her, resting his forehead on the top of her head.

"I don't know. I only know we have always been protected here, but somehow she saw herself back in their midst, and we need to do everything we can to prevent that." Grey leaned in close to Zoe, "Are you all right?"

"I'm a little shaky. Grey, I'm scared," she said.

Grey looked briefly at Enrique, then wrapped his arms around Zoe and touched her mind. She opened willingly to him. "I love you, and I'll protect you with my life, and the lives of every member of my army. Zoe, this won't come to pass, I promise," he said silently.

Enrique seemed confused, but backed off, then turned to Travis and began making the necessary arrangements for a safe house. Turning back to Grey and Zoe, he said, "I think we need to discuss a comprehensive plan. We need the other colonels here."

Grey pulled away from Zoe reluctantly. "I agree. Make it so."

"I think we need to continue to look at the memories. There might be more," Zoe hesitated, "more information to be learned."

Grey looked at the doctor who was holding a syringe, ready to inject. "Hold off on that," he said to the doctor, then looking at Zoe, "Are you sure you're up to it? We can wait."

"I'd rather get it over with all at once," she answered, glancing at the IV, "and be done with the drugs forever."

"All right. Enrique, continue to work on the safe house. Travis, get the colonels here and brief them. We will all meet in the conference room in one hour," Grey commanded. Then to the doctor, "resume the amphetamine drip," and to Zoe, "Ready?"

She nodded and closed her eyes. He was there, filling her with peace.

They looked at memories for most of the hour without finding anything new. None of the other members of Z's forces provided any visions of the scene they had seen earlier. Grey told the doctor to stop the drip and give the Ativan just before the meeting of the colonels was due to start.

"We still need to look for more," Zoe said, "I think there should be at least one more day unaccounted for."

"We will try again after the meeting, if you're up to it," Grey replied, "But we are needed upstairs now."

"We? You want me to come?" Zoe asked.

"Of course. This meeting is all about that vision, and your safety. You need to be involved," Grey reasoned, "Plus, I want to monitor your reaction to the drugs."

"Oh," was all she said.

She stood, and became dizzy. Grey took her arm and wrapped an arm behind her. She felt someone take her other arm and opened her eyes to find Enrique beside her, looking concerned.

"I've got her," Enrique said to Grey, "you go ahead."

Grey looked to Zoe who nodded, and he rushed out the library door. She smiled at Enrique and said, "I needed to talk to you anyway."

"I thought you might. I sensed something had changed, and then Travis said a few things..." he trailed off, then very softly said, "You're in love with Grey."

"I'm sorry, Enrique. I really like you, and I really want to be friends, but the visions of my future with Grey, plus the intimacy we've shared mining for these memories...I just couldn't deny my feelings," she explained.

"And he obviously loves you," Enrique said with conviction. "I've never seen him brighten just by looking at someone before. I understand. I'm not happy about it, but I'm happy for both of you."

"Thank you," Zoe responded. "Will you still teach me to ride? I have a blast with you and the horses."

"Yeah," he said with a sly smile, "They really enjoy it too, so I guess I'm stuck."

Zoe gave him a punch in the shoulder then tugged him toward the door.

*************************************************

Thank you for reading. Please take a moment to vote and comment!

CatBrown
CatBrown
312 Followers