Lessons Learned Ch. 09

Story Info
Shane and Angela's story continues.
4.3k words
4.75
9.4k
1
Story does not have any tags

Part 9 of the 17 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 05/26/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I left out the house and didn't look back. I was so angry with my mother. I could hardly see my way through all the tears that were flowing down my face. I wiped the tears away and continued my trek away from the house. I walked through the neighborhood an came upon the neighborhood diner. When I saw the sign "Hot Food" my stomach instantly growled. I then realized that I hadn't eaten in almost 24 hours. I went into the diner, got a table and ordered a tuna salad sandwich and fruit plate. While the waitress went to go get my food; I sat there and relived in mind everything that happened tonight.

My phone had been ringing uncontrollably for the last hour or so. I checked the Caller ID and saw that I had about 30 missed calls. About 20 of them were from Marguerite and the other ten were from Andreas, Maurice and Chessa.

I was about to call Chessa back when another call came through from Shane. I answered it,

"Hello?' I replied softly.

"Hey Baby.." A deep voice replied. "How's everything going? Are you in your room? What are you wearing right now? " He asked playfully.

I smiled at Shane's playfulness. "No. Actually there was a change in plans." I replied.

Shane's voice instantly darkened. "What change of plans Angela. Are you at your mother's voice?"

I shook my head and replied softly, "No, I'm not. I left my Mom's house."

"Why? What happened?"

Tears began to flow down my face and everything I'd been keeping in; I let go, " My mother has been lying to me the past few years about everything. And it may not be just the past few years. It may be my entire life as a whole."

"Where are you Angela?"

I rambled on, "I wanted my sister to move in with me when I needed help with bills. We had planned it out and everything. When it was time for her to move in; I mistakenly sent the moving information for her to my Mom's phone. And normal mothers would realize that this was a mistake and forward the information to the right person. But no, not my mother. You know what she did? She not only erased the message but she sent me a reply text saying that Marguerite had decided against moving in with me."

"Are you serious?"

"Yea. But that's not all. Not only did she erase the text but she also erased the emails I sent. And to top it all off, she was the one who mentioned it to Sherise's mother that I needed a roommate. Which in turn is why Sherise moved into my house and later burned it down. Can you believe that shit?" I asked.

"Where are you Angela? Let me come and get you."

By this time the waitress had returned with my food. She stood there with the food in her hand looking at me with a shocked expression. She placed my food on the table and silently walked away.

I looked away from her concerned expression and watched the cars go by. Shane was still on the phone.

"Baby where are you? Let me come and get you. You need me right now." He pleaded softly.

"I can't believe that I trusted her. When is this going to be over? I'm just so tired Shane. So tired." I replied softly.

While he was talking to me, Shane had put on his shoes and rushed out the door. He drove straight to my mother's house. He used that as a base point and began to look for me.

We both said nothing on the phone for a few moments. I could hear him breathing. For some reason hearing him breathe calmed me down. I was on the verge of telling him where I was but then he replied,

"I just went through your mom's neighborhood and I'm at a place called Sal's Diner. Is that you I see in the booth by the back window?"

I looked up and our eyes met. I nodded and we both turned off our phones. I wiped my tears away as I saw him rush into the diner towards me. I got up from my booth and we met each other half way. I immediately fell into his arms. He held me close as I sobbed on his chest. The waitress looked on us with a relieved sigh.

Shane lightly rubbed the arch of my back as I held on to him. He continued to reassure me that everything was going to be ok and that he had me now. His love for me generated through every pore in his body. I looked up at him and he took my mouth into his and kissed me with a passion that I knew came straight from his heart. I opened my mouth and allowed his tongue to take control of mine. We were one.

I could feel everyone watching us. I stopped our kiss, took his hand and walked to the booth I was sitting at. I got into the seat and Shane got into the seat across from me. I began to eat and he watched me while I ate. We didn't say anything for awhile. We sat in comfortable silence.

"I want you to stay with me." Shane replied.

I looked at him and smiled, "Thank you, but you know I can't do that."

"Why?"

"Shane I love you more then anything in this world. You love to teach. I know you do. And if it ever came out that I was not only living with you but also in a serious, sexual relationship with you; you would get fired and probably never be able to work in a university again. I could never do that to you. Whilst I won't give you up; I still won't put you in more jeopardy then your already in." I replied.

He looked at me with a concerned frown, "Baby you know I don't give a fuck about that. We're both consenting adults. Who gives a hell what they think."

"I don't want you to lose your job over me. And hey, this isn't over. Me and you are forever. You know that right?" I asked as I reached out my hand to him.

He frowned for a brief moment but then he smirked at me and nodded his in agreement, "You know we are." He took my hand and squeezed it. We smiled at each other.

The waitress came back, "Will there be anything else I could get you suge?" she asked.

I smiled up at her, "No thank you ma'am. Thank you."

"Alright then. You can pay for your food at the register." She looked at us with a kind smile, squeezed my hand and walked away. I looked down at my phone and saw my brother Maurice had left me a text message. I clicked on it and read it. It said "Look outside." I looked up and there he was standing in front of his black escalade waiting for me.

"My brother's here." I replied and nodded outside.

Shane looked up and saw him standing there.

"You mean the big black dude looking at me like he could tear my head off with one swipe." Shane replied.

I laughed, "That would be him." "How is that all of your family are like intimidating hound dogs and you're like a flower?"

I laughed at that, "You haven't seen me when I'm pissed." I replied.

"I hope I never do." we bent over the table and gave each other a quick peck. He kept my hand in his and we eased out of the booth. We went to the cash register, the waitress told us what my total was. I got my wallet out to pay and before I could even open it; Shane gave the waitress a $20 and told her to keep the change.

We walked out the diner. I looked up at him and replied, "You know I could have paid for that?"

"I know." He replied. And that was the end of that conversation. We walked to where Maurice stood.

Maurice glared at Shane and Shane returned his stare. He was trying to intimidate Shane by looking down at him. Shane didn't back down. He stood strong. Maurice's gaze suddenly softened into a smile. He reached out his hand and Shane looked at it nervously,

He looked at me, "So this is the new boyfriend huh? I like him." He turned back to Shane with his hand still reached out,

"How you doing man? I'm Angela's brother Maurice."

"I'm good man. I'm Shane, nice to meet you." Shane placed his hand in Maurice's hand and the two shook hands. Then they started having a squeezing match.

I separated their hands, "Hey, enough of that." I replied with a smile.

The two separated from each other with strained smiles. I shook my head and rolled my eyes at the two. I muttered to myself, "Men!!"

The two kept an eye on each other. I looked at Maurice and asked,

"What are you doing here Mo?"

"I'm here looking for you. I tried to catch you before you left, but you were gone. I glad to see that Shane knew where to look for you because I sure as hell didn't. Good work dude." He put his knuckles out for a dap. Shane looked at it nervously. Maurice smiled. Shane smiled back and returned it.

"Where's Marguerite?" "She's at the hotel. Would you like to go there? Or do you have other plans?

"I was thinking about going to Chessa's house."

When I said Chessa's name I could have sworn I saw something dance through Mo's eyes but he quickly masked it.

"Really?"

"Yes really. I know you don't like her. But she's my best friend."

"It's not that I don't like her. I mean how can I not? She's just an obnoxious, socialist vigilante who can play the piano like a dream." Mo replied.

I smiled, "Maybe I was wrong. Maybe you like her a little more then that I thought."

"Get real. She's not my type." Mo replied.

I chuckled to myself. "Sure she's not." I replied.

"Whatever. Where ever you need to go, I'll take you." Mo replied.

"Ok."

I turned to Shane. I put my hand on his cheek,

"You can't understand how much it means to me that you came after me like you did. I love you so much. I really think that my brother and I have a few things to settle so I'm going to go with him. But if you wouldn't mind I would really like for you to follow us to Chessa's. I think she needs to meet the man who's stolen my heart and saved me more times in the last 48hrs then any other man I've been with. Will you come?"

Shane smiled in my caress and kissed my hand. He nodded yes. I raised up to the tip of my toes and kissed him. This time I took control of our kiss. Maurice cleared his throat and we separated. Maurice had already opened the door for me to climb in. Before I sat down I turned to Shane and mouthed,

"I love you."

He patted his chest and reached his hand to me. I smiled and closed the door behind me. Maurice looked at Shane and the two nodded at each other with a newfound respect. Maurice closed his door, started his car and waited. Shane turned, walked to his car, got in and started it up. Once Shane was ready to go, Maurice pulled off into the highway. Shane was not far behind.

We drove in semi-tense silence.

"How are you?" He asked softly.

I looked at him and answered, "I've been better."

"I'm sorry this happened. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to protect you as I should've. I'm really sorry that I let this foolishness with you and Marguerite go on this long."

"Maurice this isn't your fault. I shouldn't have let my pride get in the way. I should've called Margie way before this. This has definitely been a learning experience. I was definitely not expecting mom to be the cause of everything that happened." I replied.

"Trust me. I don't think any of us were." Mo replied darkly.

We drove in more silence.

"So you're staying with Chessa huh?" He replied a little more lightly.

"That reminds me. I need to call her and ask if I can stay." I replied as I dialed her number.

"Wait a minute. You're having us go to this girl's house and you don't even know if you can stay?" Mo asked incredulously.

"Oh chill out. Everything's going to be fine." I replied as I waited for her to answer.

"Hello?" Chessa asked groggily.

"Chessa?"

"Angela? Where the hell have you been? I've been calling you all day." She exclaimed suddenly.

I shook my head in amusement, "I know Chessa and I'm sorry. Today has been another day from hell. I'm on my way to your house. Can I stay with you for a few days? I know you like your space and I won't stay long but I need somewhere to stay so I can figure out what my next step is." I replied.

"Angela you know you can stay with me as long as you need to. My guest bedroom is always ready for you."

"Thanks Chessa." "So who is we? Is your mystery man coming with you?"

"Yes, he's here. But I'm actually with my brother."

"Andreas?" She asked excitedly.

"No, Maurice."

"Oh.!!" She replied.

"Now Chessa, I know you don't like him. But I know you guys can stand each other for a few minutes. Do it for me."

"I like Maurice. What's not to like about a chauvinistic jerk that has the body of a Greek god?" Chessa replied. Maurice rolled his eyes. I shook my head and laughed at both of them.

I knew then that Maurice and Chessa weren't as big of enemies as they thought they were. Something was brewing between those two. I just hoped they didn't let their pride keep them from experiencing what they both had to offer each other.

"Angela are you there? You stopped talking."

"Yea girl I'm here. Hey, we're like blocks away from you. I will see you in a little bit."

"Alright girl. Let me go put my front light on. See you in a few."

"Ok. See you in a little bit." I replied.

We both hung up and I sat back with a smile on my face. Maurice glanced at me and asked,

"What are you smiling at?"

"You and Chessa."

"What about us?"

"Nothing. Just thinking about a few things."

"Well whatever you're thinking, STOP thinking it!!"

"What?" I asked innocently.

"Uh huh." He replied.

Before I knew it we were at Chessa's front stoop. We waited for Shane to park and then we all got out of our prospective cars. We waited for Shane to join us. I smiled up at him, he took my hand and we all walked to Chessa's door.

Chessa lived in a three bedroom ranch-type house. She had a stone pathway and a piece of lawn on each side. The grass was cut evenly and before you got to the stoop Chessa had a white archway that had vines and small perennials growing around and through it. On the side lawns she had a small garden. Each side was filled with a different flower. Her front yard always smelled wonderful with a mix of roses, honeysuckle and lilies.

We rang the doorbell and she swiftly opened the door after the first ring.

"About damn...." She exclaimed and then stopped short when she saw who I was holding hands with. Her eyes got wide and she stood there in shocked silence. Shane, Maurice and I smiled.

"Tell me I'm dreaming." Chessa replied.

I shook my head. "No, this is real."

"Hello Professor Morrison."

"Hello Francessca." Shane replied.

She smiled tightly and stepped to the side. "Please come in."

Shane kept my hand in his and walked inside with me right behind him. Maurice came in after us. The two looked at each other for a brief moment. He raked her appearance with a masked lustful gaze.

Chessa is by no means a small girl; but she's not fat either. We weigh about the same, 180. But she's taller then me. She's 5'10, hazel eyes and thick brown hair. She has long legs and a small pouch belly. She fits a B cup bra, wide hips and a shapely backside. Like me, she can't find a lot of clothing to fit her shape either. Chessa is mixed with Black, White, and Native American. She's gorgeous but a lot of people don't see it because of her height and her body shape. I've always told her she was gorgeous. She denies it every time.

At this time Chessa is in her night clothes: gym shorts that don't go past the curve of her butt and a tank top.

The two gazed at each other for a brief moment. Maurice broke the connection with a smile. He nodded his hello and stepped through her threshold. Francessca closed the door and let go of the silent breath she was holding. She turned around and saw us all standing there in the middle of her living room. She shook her head and smiled.

"You are something else you know that?" She replied as she came to me to give me a hug.

I hugged her back and laughed with her.

"Hey, I never said it would be easy being my friend."

"You're right about that. But I have to say, there is never a dull moment."

"True!!" I replied. We separated and smiled at each other.

"I'm just glad you're alright!!" she replied and then brought me into another hug.

"Oh Chessa I'm fine. You know something like this wouldn't bring me down too long."

We separated once more and we looked at both Shane and Maurice and they both looked at us prospectively with smiles.

"So... Professor Morrison..."

"Francessca, you've just found out that I'm sleeping with one of my students; that happens to be your best friend. I think we can forgo the formalities. Please call me Shane."

"Alright, well then you call me Chessa."

Shane smiled. "Sounds good to me."

"Well, SHANE, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you were the friend that was with Angela when all of this craziness happened. Am I right?"

"You would be right Chessa."

"Well then you have my thanks and my discretion." Francessa replied.

Shane nodded in thanks.

Chessa then looked at Maurice. "Hello Maurice always a pleasure to see you."

Maurice chuckled to himself. "I'm sure it is." Maurice replied sarcastically.

Chessa shook her head, "See that's what I'm talking about. I'm trying to be cordial to you and you're being an ass."

"Oh come off of it Francessca. You don't want to be around me anymore then I want to be around you."

Francessca moved forward toward Maurice; Shane and I moved to the side and watched the scene unfold before our eyes.

"Don't start with me. It's late and I'm not in the mood for your shit. Now I have to be nice to you because of Angela; but don't push me." Chessa replied darkly.

Maurice never one to back down from a challenge stepped forward. He stood up to his full height and looked down on her with a menacing and if I'm not mistaken, lustful look.

"What are you going to do Chessa?" Maurice asked softly.

Chessa looked up at him with the same look.

"Push me and you'll find out." She replied just as softly.

The two stood there and gazed at each other without flinch. Both ready to move at any given second. The sexual tension between the two was palpable and almost sickening. Shane and I looked on nervously. I stepped away from Shane's hold and waived my hands to get their attention.

"Ok..... Chessa and Maurice stand down. There's no need to go to blows over this." I replied nervously.

Maurice turned to me. "I'd never hit Chessa. I can find many other ways then violence to make her heel." he replied with a smile.

"Fuck you, I'm no dog. I don't heel for anyone." Chessa replied defiantly.

"We'll see."

Maurice smiled leeringly. Chessa rolled her eyes and walked away.

"I need to get some fresh linens from the closet and put in your room. I'll be right back. Make yourself at home!!" She squeezed my hand and smiled at Shane and I. She turned to Maurice and narrowed her eyes and frowned at him. He smiled and blew her a kiss. She turned around and walked away. She wanted it to go unnoticed but I saw the slight smile that came across her face as she walked to the washroom.

When Chessa was out of earshot;I turned to Maurice.

"What the hell was that about?" I whispered as Shane and I sat down on the couches.

Maurice sat and crossed his legs. "I don't know what you're talking about." He replied nonchalantly.

"You and her was about to go to blows. What was that foreplay?"

"Foreplay? Please I don't like that girl like that."

Shane smiled. "Sorry dude I was there too. There is something more then mutual hate going on here right now. Makes me wonder what would've happened if we weren't here in the same room." Shane replied.

"Nothing would have happened." Maurice replied.

"Ok. Whatever you say dude." Shane replied

"Come on dude. You saw how she almost took my head off. I can't deal with no woman like that. We'd be fighting all the time. I wouldn't get any peace." Maurice replied.

Shane smiled and shook his head.

By this time Chessa was coming back with towels. I shook my head and she mouthed "What?' I just shook my head and smiled. She rolled her eyes once more and went into the guest room.

Shane and sat there with a smile and Maurice sat as if the scene that just unfolded hadn't happened. We sat in comfortable silence until Chessa came back.

12