Lessons Learned Ch. 13

Story Info
Angela's in trouble. More revelations are revealed!
4.1k words
4.74
8.4k
2

Part 13 of the 17 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 05/26/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

What happened before Maxine shot me was a blur. But I do remember looking into Shane's shocked expression as I faded away. A loud, anguished cry erupted from the far side of the room,

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" My mother shrieked.

Mother and all of my siblings ran to my side. I began to bleed out instantly from my abdomen. Shane held me to his chest, stroked my hair, and whispered silent pleas for me to wake up. Marguerite removed her jacket and pressed it against my wound to stop the bleeding. She checked my wrist for a pulse and found a very weak one. She dropped her head down to my lips to check for breathing. I was still breathing but my breaths were very shallow.

"Is she breathing?" Shane asked

"Yes, but it doesn't look good. We need to get her to a hospital as soon as possible." Marguerite replied.

Mother turned to Maxine and screamed, "What the hell is wrong with you CRAZY BITCH!!!"

"I'm here for one thing and one thing only. " Maxine Harper replied.

"And what's that?" Maurice asked.

"Vengeance. I want your BITCH of a Mother to know the pain that I feel every day without my family. Your mother deserves this. YOU ALL DO!!!"

Mother looked up and glared at Maxine menacingly,

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Mother asked.

"Vengeance. My daughter died because of you so it's only fair that you lose yours. One Daughter For The Other!!" Maxine replied.

"MOTHERFUCK...." Mother replied as she lunged toward Maxine. Maxine stepped back with her gun pointed straight at the my mother. Maurice caught our mother by the waist before she could get to Maxine.

"WHAT!?!?" Maxine boasted.

Mother tried to get out of Maurice's hold. He wouldn't budge. Instead, he whispered in her ear,

"This isn't the time for this. Your daughter could DIE!! Now you need to calm down."

Mother stopped her squirming and tensely stood beside Maurice. She silently promised with a nod that she wouldn't move; instead she intently watched Maxine's every move.

"If my daughter dies; I WILL KILL YOU!!!" Mother replied in a dangerously soft voice.

Maxine didn't respond. The two women continued there staring match. Both silently daring the other to make a move.

By this time Detective Morrison's gun was out and pointed straight at the barrel of Maxine's gun. Olivia watched Maxine's every move with quiet precision. Without flinching she replied,

"There is no need to make idle threats Mrs. Monroe." Olivia replied without taking her eyes off of Maxine.

"Oh make no mistake. That was no threat." Mother replied matter-of-factly.

Olivia ignored my mother's response and asked,

"How's she doing doc?" Olivia asked.

"She's stable, but we need to get her to a hospital soon. She's lost a lot of blood and we'll lose her if we don't get help. I've done all I can do at the moment." Marguerite replied.

With her eyes still on Maxine, Olivia replied,

"Maurice do you have your phone with you? If not, in my purse there's a walkie-talkie. When you push the number two you reach my partner. Call him and ask him to get the necessary help."

Maxine began to wave the gun around. Everyone took a step back.

"NO ONE'S MAKING A MOVE!!!" She screamed.

"Mrs. Harper, my sister will die if you don't let us help her. I know that you're upset about your daughter. And you have every right to be. But whatever you do; it won't bring her back. My sister has a chance to live. Please don't take her life. I'm begging you." Marguerite pleaded through unshed tears.

Tears of anger bean to fall down Maxine's face. She looked as though she would relent and then she shook her head.

" Look at you, sitting there pleading for your sister's life. But let me ask you something Marguerite, did anyone plead for my baby's life? Was there anyone there to speak for her when she died? HUH?"

"Mrs. Harper , I'm Detective Olivia Morrison. I'm with the Wade County Police Department. I was appointed to your daughter's case. I've been questioning everyone that saw her before she died. Now I can tell you anything you need to know. But first, I'll need for you to put the gun down!!" Olivia replied calmly.

"So you're with the police department huh? Tell me what's going on with my daughter's murder case. "

"Mrs. Harper as said before, we're doing everything we can to find your daughter's murderer. I questioned Mr. Jones earlier and then I came here and questioned Ms. Monroe."

"And did she confess to what she did?"

"Mrs. Harper Ms. Monroe didn't confess to ....."

"SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO CONFESS TO IT BECAUSE I KNOW SHE DID IT!!! That murdering, little bitch was the last person to see my angel alive. Sherise's boyfriend Devon told me that himself." Maxine exclaimed.

"YOU STUPID BITCH!! ANGELA DIDN'T KILL YOUR LITTLE WHORE FOR A DAUGHTER!! Mother screamed.

As everyone's attention stayed on Maxine, Mother and Olivia; Andreas began to slide quietly along the book shelf and through the back archway towards the front lobby.

Maxine turned her gun back to Estelle and yelled,

"LIAR!!!"

Andreas stopped moving at the archway entrance.

"She's not lying Mrs. Harper. Angela didn't kill your daughter. I'm not quite sure who did, but SHE didn't." Olivia replied calmly.

Maxine turned back around to Olivia. Both woman watched each other in silence. Andreas began to quietly move along the archway once more.

Marguerite continued to address my wound. I continued to bleed through the different pieces of material Marguerite used as make-shift bandages. Marguerite decided that the next thing to use to dress the wound was the pillows from the couch. She looked through her purse, brought out a knife and cut through the pillows. She used shards of pillow coverings and stuffing to make a bandage. She used her belt as further leverage to keep the bandage tight on the wound. The bleeding stopped for awhile. For a brief moment Marguerite thought that she had control over the blood flow. Before she could get comfortable; more blood began to flow from the confines of the bandage. Marguerite found herself having to find more material to stop the bleeding. She looked up at Shane and Maurice and replied softly,

"We need to get her to a hospital, or she'll die."

Shane shook his head in denial,

"No, she's not dying. You do what you need to do to keep her alive." Shane replied.

"Ill try Shane, but if we don't get her help. She will die."

"NO. SHE'S NOT DYING!!!" He exclaimed.

He looked down at me and whispered in my ear,

"Baby girl you've got to fight. I need you here with me. Don't you leave me. You hear me? You can't leave me!!"

Andreas looked to the other side of the room and caught Ian's eye as he edged his way through the archway. Andreas gave him silent signals with his eyes to explain his next move; Ian nodded in understanding. Mother returned to my side and began to sob uncontrollably. Maurice looked up at Maxine.

"Mrs. Harper I know that you're heartbroken. I would be too if I was in your situation. What happened to your daughter was tragic. I sympathize with you. But why should my sister have to die for something that she didn't do? Please let me call the police so that we can save her life!! Please!!" Maurice pleaded.

"So how about it Mrs. Harper? Can we end this now and not add murder to your list of violations today?"

Maxine's face glistened with the sheen of her angry tears.

"Both my husband and daughter have met their untimely demise because of this family and you expect me to just forget about it? They killed the only family I ever had. So you tell me Detective Morrison, when is it my chance for justice? When do I get the justice that I truly deserve for my loss? Huh?"

"Mrs. Harper if you put that gun down. I promise that I will find answers for the deaths of your family. It will be my first priority. I promise!!" Olivia replied.

By this time Andreas had gotten around to the front entrance. Olivia saw him and slightly nodded in understanding. He edged his way up the stairs to our mother's study. In a small compartment behind the china cabinet there's a rifle compartment. It holds two hunting rifles, a shotgun, three glock 21's and their designated ammunition boxes. Andreas moved the china cabinet, put in the combination, opened up the compartment, picked out the shotgun and readied it for use.

"Promises from a police officer don't mean a hill of SHIT!! I deserve justice for my loss. And what better way to get my justice then to make sure that the woman who caused my suffering feel a little suffering of her own?"

She waved the gun at Estelle and everyone once more backed away from it's barrel's aim.

"Why don't we talk about what this is really about Mrs. Harper."

"What do you mean? I want justice for my daughter's murder. That's all this is about."

" No, there's more to this story. I get that your mad about your daughter. But you just said that you want the woman that caused your suffering to feel suffering as well. I don't think you mean Angela. So I ask you again Mrs. Harper. What is this really about?

Maxine pointed at Mother and replied, "That viper over there killed MY husband."

"I didn't kill your husband. Your husband had a heart attack. I had nothing to do with it." Mother replied.

"You're a fucking LIAR!! The only reason why he had that heart attack was YOU!! You slept with him, made him fall out of love with me and in love with you. And then when you got what you wanted you threw him away like trash."

"You don't know what you're talking about!! Mother replied.

"We were fine. Happy even. Then you came in and destroyed our lives."

"I didn't destroy anything. Charlie Harper and I were just friends. If there's anyone to blame for what happened between you and your husband; it would be YOU!!." Mother replied.

"NO, YOU DON'T GET TO CALL HIM THAT. HE WAS MY HUSBAND, NOT YOURS!!" Maxine exploded.

"WELL IF YOU WEREN'T WHORING AROUND LIKE A COMMON SLUT. HE WOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO COME TO ME IN THE FIRST PLACE!!" Mother countered.

Maurice turned to our mother in confusion, "Wait a minute. JUST WAIT A GODDAMN MINUTE. You had an affair with Sherise's FATHER?" Maurice asked.

"Maurice this is not the time for this." Mother replied.

"Answer the question Mom. Did you or did you not have an affair with Charleston Harper?" Maurice demanded.

"We were friends Maurice. We were there for each other when we needed it the most."

"What does that mean? Did you or did you not have a sexual relationship with Charleston Harper?"

Mother bent her down in shame and nodded yes.

"You've got to be shitting me!!" Maurice exclaimed.

Maurice stepped away and turned his back to our Mother. She reached out to touch him. He shrugged away from her reach. She dropped her hands to her side and continued,

"Baby your father and I were not happy in the beginning stages of our marriage. Charleston was your father's best friend and he was always there for me to talk to when your father and I were at odds. We didn't mean to fall in love we just did. It wasn't planned."

Mother turned back to Maxine,

"And if you weren't so busy being a WHORE and possibly show some of that love you was giving to everybody else; including my husband; Charleston wouldn't have had to come to me!!!" Mother accused

"AND WHY DID HE COME TO YOU? YOU WERE HIS BEST FRIEND'S WIFE. YOU SHOULD'VE LEFT HIM ALONE AND CONCENTRATED ON YOUR HUSBAND INSTEAD OF SASHAYING YOUR LITTLE BONEY ASS IN FRONT OF MINE LIKE A WANTON FLOOSEY. BUT THEN AGAIN HOW COULD YOU CONCENTRATE ON A MAN WHO WAS SO BUSY MOURNING HIS FIRST WIFE THAT HE DIDN'T EVEN WANT YOUR ASS!!!"

"WELL BITCH HE DIDN'T WANT YOU EITHER!! BECAUSE IF HE DID HE WOULD'VE MARRIED YOU INSTEAD OF ME. BUT INSTEAD, HE MARRIED ME!!"

"WAIT THE FUCK A MINUTE!!" Shane roared.

Both woman turned to face Shane.

"WHAT!?!?" They both yelled simultaneously.

"You two have been at each others throat longer then we realize haven't you?" Shane pointed at Maxine and Estelle. "This little feud of yours has been going on way before any of your children was even born, hasn't it? Angela is laying here in my arms fighting for her life over something that has nothing to do with her. Isn't she?"

No one answered

"ISN'T SHE!?!?" Shane yelled.

Everyone went silent. Maxine was the first to break the silence,

"I loved Maurice Monroe. After his first wife died we began to date and we eventually began to talk about marriage." Maxine replied.

"Your such a fucking liar." Estelle interrupted.

"Whatever Estelle. You know damn well that Maurice and I were a couple." Maxine looked at us and asked, "Do you know who introduced your mother to your father? ME that's who. I introduced them and she took him from me." Maxine looked at our mother and pointed at her, " You saw that he wanted me and you had to have him. So you took him from me."

"What the hell are you talking about Maxine? When you introduced Maurice to me, you two were just talking. There was never anything serious going on between you too."

"I loved him. You knew that and I knew that. You and I were friends. You knew how I felt. But did you care? No! You just swooped in like a bat out of hell and took him from me."

"HOW CAN I TAKE SOMETHING THAT WAS NEVER YOURS?" Estelle screamed.

"HE WAS ALWAYS SUPPOSED TO BE MINE. MAURICE MONROE WAS SUPPOSED TO MARRY ME!!" Maxine exclaimed.

Marguerite, Maurice, Ian and Shane looked up at Maxine with shocked expressions.

"What?" Marguerite asked.

"Yes children. Maurice and I didn't just have a few conversations. Your father was going to ask me to marry him. I was supposed to live in this house and have his children. That was the plan."

Maxine pointed at mother and continued,

"But you couldn't take that could you? You were my best friend. You knew how I felt. But that didn't stop you did it? No, you had to go out and steal him from right under me. And yes, I was heartbroken. I always wondered what I did to you to make you hurt me like that. I thought I'd never get over your betrayal. But then Charlie Harper came and we found that we had a certain bond; we each loved someone else. We started out as friends and then eventually it grew to love. It wasn't the same love that we had for out true loves but it was enough. He knew that I still loved Maurice and I knew that he loved YOU, Estelle.

You must've figured it out because before I knew it I had lost my Charlie to you as well. Before you put your claws into him; we were happy. But then suddenly everything changes. You two were flirting a little more then usual, there was more touching, silent looks, phone calls and then suddenly his home life wasn't enough for him. He began to come home later and later until one day he didn't come home at all. I knew it was because of you. You just HAD to have him, didn't you?

But that wasn't the first time you did that to me was it? I bet your children don't know how far back we really go. Do they Estelle?" Maxine replied.

"Shut up Maxine."

Maxine turned from our mother and returned her gaze back to Maurice and Marguerite. I was still unconscious but stable. Marguerite was able to temporarily stop the bleeding. By this time Maurice had turned around. He stood there and listened to Maxine regale her story .

"Your mother and I went to college together. We were best friends. At least I thought we were. We roomed together, we went on breaks together, we shared everything. I didn't realize until later just how much of a slut she really was. Every man I introduced to her may it be a boyfriend, best friend, teacher, or even a relative found their way into her bed."

"You're a lying slut Maxine. Children, don't believe this shit." Mother replied.

"It was after I found out about your mother, Charlie and the child they made together that I decided that it was high time she got what was coming to her. So instead of outright coming for her; I devised a plan to bring her down. I had to teach Charlie a lesson first. To get back at him I had multiple affairs and flaunted them in his face. I wanted him to feel the hurt I felt when I realized that he was sleeping with you. Charlie called my affairs the ultimate betrayal; but little did he know that the ultimate betrayal hadn't even happened yet.

The next person on my list was you, Estelle. You see, I learned a lot from you and not only did I use it for myself but I taught my Sherise everything I learned. She became the exact replica of you from our college years. And who better to use those new tricks that I taught her then on the person that would hurt from them the most?"

"What are you saying Maxine?" Maurice asked.

"Well Maurice that brings me to the next person on my list who had to pay. Yes, she's up there only because of who she is and not anything she's done. But in the end someone needed to pay for the destruction of my life. And who better then the bastard child that my Charlie and your slut mother created together?"

"Who is this child you keep talking about?" Maurice asked.

"Who else?" Maxine asked as she pointed the gun at my unconscious form.

Maurice shook his head in denial. "No, you're lying. It can't be. You're a fucking liar. Tell her she's lying Mom." Maurice replied

"Maurice..."

"Tell. Her. That. She's. Lying MOM!! TELL HER!!"

He looked at our mother for answers. He got none. Our mother just stood and glared at Maxine's triumphant expression. Her body shook with anger. She couldn't deny the truth any longer.

Maurice looked to Marguerite. Her head was bent in shame.

"You knew about this?" Maurice asked incredulously.

Tears ran down her face.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know everything; I just knew that daddy wasn't Angela's biological father." Marguerite replied.

"You didn't know what to do? YOU SHOULD'VE TOLD ME. THAT'S WHAT YOU SHOULD'VE DONE." Maurice roared

"Ay man, don't talk to my wife like that." Ian piped in.

"Stay out of this Ian." Maurice warned.

"No man it's not going down like this. My wife did what she thought was best for her family. Don't you think she wanted to tell you? She's been wanting to tell you this for awhile now. But everything got all messed up in the end and she wasn't able to. This isn't her fault. You should be angry at the one who started this mess. Not my wife." Ian replied.

Marguerite smiled at her husband. He nodded.

"Ian, Maurice has every right to be upset." She looked up at Maurice and replied, "I should've told you. I just didn't think that it would've helped anything. We've been happy not knowing. We've treated her like one of us even though subconsciously we had to have known the truth."

"Does she know?"

"No, she doesn't. And I think that we should keep it that way."

"What!?!"

"Finally, someone with some sense. Thank you Marguerite." Mother replied

Marguerite turned to our mother. She narrowed her eyes at her. Mother blanched at Marguerite's intense stare,

"This is your fault. You're a selfish, evil woman and I hope that you get whatever it is that's coming to you. Because you wanted to be a whore our sister is fighting for her life. If she lives through this; I promise you that you'll never get a chance to hurt her again. I'll make sure of it." Marguerite replied intently

Maurice shook his head in disbelief at all the things that he just heard.

"I can't believe this SHIT. I'm done with this. This shit ends NOW!!"

Then everyone heard a shot gun cock from behind Maxine. Everyone turned and saw Andreas standing behind her Maxine pointing a loaded shotgun directly at her back.

"I couldn't have said it better myself brother!!" Andreas replied.

"Now Mrs. Harper I know that my mother has done a lot of horrible things to you and your family and I apologize for that. But my sister could die and I'm not going to let that happen. Now you can drop your gun and let the nice officer call for help or you can continue this and I shoot you myself. What will it be?" Andreas continued.

12