Lessons Learned Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You wouldn't shoot me Andreas." Maxine indignantly replied.

"You wanna bet? When it comes to baby girl, my sister, brother and I would do anything. Now do you want to lower that gun or will I have to shoot u?" Andreas replied.

Maxine thought about it for a few moments and then lowered her gun to the seat.

"Put your hands up Mrs. Harper. You're under arrest for the use of an assault weapon and the attempted murder of Angela Monroe." Olivia replied.

She holstered her gun, got out her handcuffs and walkie-talkie. She went to Maxine, put her arms behind her back and read her, her Miranda rights.

"You have the right to remain silent. If you give up the right to remain silent, Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you desire an attorney and cannot afford one, an attorney will be obtained for you before police questioning. You've been told your rights. Any Questions?"

Maxine ignored the detective, looked at all of us menacingly and replied,

"This isn't over. YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!!! MY FAMILY WILL BE AVENGED!!"

Andreas cocked his gun once more and Maxine quieted down immediately. Olivia nodded at Andreas. He kept his focus on Maxine as Olivia used her walkie-talkie to call her partner for help.

"This is Detective Morrison calling Detective Shields come in Detective Shields."

"This is Detective Shields, Morrison where the hell are you? You should've been back hours ago." Detective Shields demanded.

"I'm still here at the Monroe home. We need immediate assistance. A civilian has been shot and she's not conscious."

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN THERE? THIS WAS ONLY SUPPOSED TO BE A ROUTINE QUESTIONING." Shields demanded.

"I know, and it was. But then the victims mom came in here and shot the person in question."

"Do you have the perp?"

"That's an affirmative. She's handcuffed and ready to be taken to the station."

"This isn't good Morrison. You know that right?"

"Look, I know that this isn't good. But if we don't get the necessary help needed the vic could die. Her sister has stopped the bleeding but the bullet was not a through and though. We need an ambulance STAT!!" Olivia replied.

"Alright Morrison I'm sending help now. Make sure the victim is still stable and wait for me." Detective Shields replied.

"You got it partner. And thanks." Olivia replied.

"See you in a few." Hank replied.

I had not returned to consciousness. Shane held me close to him and checked for any changes in my breathing. Marguerite watched over me like a hawk. Ian and Andreas stood guard at the threshold. Maurice stood rigidly by our mother's crestfallen side.

Olivia marched a handcuffed Maxine to the lobby. As Maxine was being led out the door she yelled obscenities at us the whole way. When they were an earshot away Maurice looked at our mother with a dangerous calm,

"If my sister dies, You Will Pay For This. Make no mistake about it!!" Maurice replied dangerously soft.

Mother took a deep breath and replied. "Are you threatening me son?"

"No threat Mother. Only a promise." Maurice replied.

ÓBBWLove8369 June 2010

12