Let Me Help You, Good Doctor

Story Info
Dominique best friend and first love comes into town.
7.7k words
4.68
96k
75
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 8 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 12/31/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Myanlass
Myanlass
1,023 Followers

"I can't believe he is coming." Dominique smiled, cleaning through her house as Jade watched her sitting on the couch.

"Who is coming again?" she asked watching Dominique almost losing her mind cleaning everything.

"You know who? Jason is coming to visit."

"Oh yes, your secret love." Jade said rolling her eyes.

"Yes, all my friends have someone; don't you think it's about time that I finally get one too?" Dominique said fluffing her dark green sofa pillow.

"But you have been obsessing over this guy every since you two were little and had plenty of time to tell him how you feel but you haven't said anything. What makes this time any different?"

"Because everyone has got someone but me and I will not spend all of my time babysitting kids while everyone is taking vacations."

"Heifer I am not pregnant, I'm not even married yet." Jade countered as her eyes got big.

"Well, it shouldn't be long. You and James are already trying to look around for a house and sell yours. So, how is that going?"

"Oh, I found a potential seller but haven't found a house that just captures me. You know how you want to find that perfect house that just fits for the both of you?" Dominique nodded, "I just want to find something that gives me that feeling."

"Yea, that's how it's going to be when me and Jason move into a place together." Dominique smiled in a daze.

"That's creepy. Anyway, James is just as picky as I am and wants a big backyard. You know I need a big kitchen too."

"Well hopefully you will find it soon."

"I hope so too. How are your brothers?"

"Oh, I talked to Eiji a couple of days ago and they are expecting a baby soon; so that's another baby for me to watch. I talked to Taro yesterday and he said that everything is going good with the business and that mom was over at his house last night to clean up the place." Jade sighed, shaking her head as Dominique sat next to her.

"Dominique, you know that..."

"Don't Jade. I know what you are going to say because you say it all the time. My mother will come around eventually." She smiled with all the hope in her body.

Jade gave her a supportive smile as she picked up a real estate book from the table. Dominique never really had a good relationship with her mother. Her mother was Japanese and married to a great business man, who was very wealthy. One day, she met Dominique's father and fell in love with him. He promised her the world but when he heard that she was pregnant, he bailed on her; after she was ready to leave her husband with her two boys. Luckily her husband took her back even with her being pregnant.

Luckily, his sister, Crystal wanted to raise Dominique because she wanted her to be a part of the family, even though they hadn't heard from her father. Her mother was more than willing to agree to the arrangement. Dominique grew up around her brothers and stayed at their house after school till her aunt Crystal came home from the hospital. Throughout the years, Dominique tried so hard to get her mother to notice her. Her mother never said anything to her and hardly ever looked her way. Dominique would try to show her every achievement she ever made in school, but she never got a response, even when she followed Eiji's footsteps and became a therapist. When she was younger, it always made her cry at night to think her mother didn't love her. After so many years had passed, it made her more determined to get something out of her. No matter how crazy her friends call her. The only person that somewhat understood was Jason. Just thinking of him made her smile.

"Stop thinking about Jason!" Jade exclaimed and started laughing.

"Well, can't help it." She smiled and then she heard her door.

She got up to go get it and frowned when she saw who was on the other side, "Hey neighbor." Nik said giving her his flawless smile.

"What do you want?" she said trying to show him that she was disgusted even looking at him.

"Not a nice way to act. I'm coming to borrow some things." He smiled.

"Ever since you move next door, you're always borrowing something."

"That's only because you are so nice and giving and you are willing to share with me." He said leaning against the door frame.

"Oh, fine. Just go ahead." Dominique said throwing her hands up and walking back into the house.

"Hey Jade."Nik smiled making his way to the kitchen.

"Hey Nik, what are you doing here?" Jade said and he waved.

"Taking everything from my kitchen." Dominique said standing by the couch.

"She is a good neighbor and she says that I'm taking. You heard her say I can take this stuff right, Jade?" Nik said leaning into the fridge.

Dominique sighed to herself feeling a headache approaching. Nik had moved in next door to her around six months ago because it was closer to the station. He has been giving her hell every since, always coming over and borrowing things and certainly not offering to replace them; although, after he leaves, she does find money on her counter. Guess that's his way of paying back. He always has a woman coming over at night. She could somewhat see why, he was a very attractive guy. The normal tall, GQ handsome type, with hard lean body and beautiful green eyes, but that didn't matter. Her heart was set on one person. Besides, she did not want to get into the Italian Stallion and be one of his many girls who had a notched on his belt, but sometimes she does find her self thinking about that kiss. Even with him leaning over the refrigerator with his muscle flexing in his tank top and his short dark hair was so full and thick. She remembered during that kiss, she ran her fingers through his hair and grabbed on to it. She quickly shook her head and turned back around towards Jade.

"Well, thanks a lot sweetie. I have some things to attend to. Do you think that you can fix me a full breakfast for two and then I can say it's from me, Jade?"

"Oh, are you really asking me?" Jade said pointing to herself.

"I guess not, you know I'm just kidding." He said laughing, nervously, "Alright, well I will be going Dominique and thanks again." He said heading to the door.

"I swear sometimes I feel like we are roommate and it would be different if I had a crush on him but I don't." Dominique huffed.

"Sure you don't." Jade said rolling her eyes.

"What are you talking about?"

"I saw how you were staring at him while he was here."

"Oh please everything in me belongs to my darling Jason."

"I can't wait to tell Katrina, she knows how long you have been obsessing about him."

"I'm telling you, by this time next year, I will be single no more." She smiled.

"Aren't you the same person that wrote a book about loving yourself before loving you or something about that?" Jade said standing up.

"Yes and I am very proud of my book and remember it hits stands next month, but I got the love me part. I love myself every night and now I'm tired of me. I need someone else to help me." She said and Jade starting laughing.

"Okay, well when will Mr. Wonderful show up?"

"Tomorrow, so if I am busy tomorrow night you will know why." She smiled.

The next day, Dominique went to Jade and Katrina's restaurant waiting to meet Jason. She sat at the table patiently waiting and going over her schedule for the next couple of weeks. She hoped that Nicole could handle everything while she was out. Since she started college, Dominique gave Nicole a a part time job, until her secretary came back from maternity leave.

She grudgingly looked through her palm planner and saw tomorrow she had to see Mr. Lawson, which she always dreads. He was this guy that is completely in love with his co-worker; the only problem was she was married and so was he. She sighed closing her eyes tight, she just needs to get past that time quickly and think of other things, like Jason.

Jason was a friend of hers that she grew up with. He lived in the same apartment building her and her aunt stayed in as neighbors. He was such a sweet guy that was there for all till he went away for college, but he came back at least twice every year to spent time with her. Dominique has always had a crush on him every since he helped her off the playground when one of the bullies pushed her down because of how she looked. He was her knight in shining armor at the age of nine. Over the years she had seen him grow into a very handsome man with a nice clean bald head and winning smile. He reminded her of Morris Chestnut and it made her swoon, just thinking about if they would have gotten together, especially with him being a successful corporate lawyer. They would call and email each other to give updates and he would always ask about how things with her mother were going. A couple of nights ago, he called her and he told her that he had to tell her something important and he couldn't wait any longer to hold it in. She knew at that moment, he was going to tell her finally. She was giddy with excitement, ever since that day. She has been dreaming of this moment.

Dominique wore her fitted black suit with her hair in a tight bun. Jason always said he liked her hair like that. Katrina and Jade would check in constantly making sure that she was okay. She wanted to go pick him up from the airport but he refused saying that he needed to take care of some stuff.

"So, where is Mr. Wonderful?" Katrina said sitting down at the table with Jade following.

"My Mr. Right should be coming soon. He just texted me to say he was on the way."

"Now, what makes you think he is going to admit these repressed feelings he obviously had?"

"Because he said, he couldn't hold it in any longer and that it was important. Doesn't that sound like he wants to admit something?"

"I still like what makes you so sure." Katrina said.

"Now how can you question that, knowing how your relationship started?"

"Now let me explain something my hot mama, Scott and I somewhat stumbled into a relationship. Sure I may have plotted but it took me a long time to know that he was the one. You have known Jason was the one since you were what six?"

"Actually it was nine and yes I am ready for him to claim what's his."

"Ooh, are you now?" Jade teased.

"Yes," Dominique smiled and told them to lean forward which they did, "I went to one of those stores you guys talked about and got some candles, a black negligee, and handcuffs."

"Alright now, Miss kinky. You plan to keep him occupied once he admits how he feels, huh? Maybe that would help loosen you up some." Jade said and Katrina nodded.

"I don't need help loosening up."

"You just said you bought you a pair of handcuffs and your first negligee and you are almost 30. You need help loosening up."

"Well then fine, Jason can help me with that all night if he wants to." She smiled, "He just needs to hurry because I still have to meet with my editor and have a couple more appointments to fill."

"That's my girl; I knew you didn't go completely away." Katrina said and they started laughing. Dominique looked to the side and saw a taxi pull up, "That's him. Go away now please." She smiled and they both scurried away.

Dominique brushed herself off trying to look nonchant, but watching out the corner of her eyes, him as he got out of the taxi. Oh he looked so good in his crisp pants and white polo shirt that seemed to tighten around his biceps. She could imagine him yanking her towards him and pressing his lips to hers roughly. Yes, oh goodness yes that's what she wanted.

He walked in and instantly all the women's eyes centered on him. Dominique glanced his way and smiled. He returned the smile that lit up his face and it seemed like it only came when he saw her. Back off ladies! He's taken, Dominique thought as he stared straight ahead making his way to the table.

"There's my girl." He said as his long arms opened for a hug.

"Yep, here I am." She smiled standing to full height and hugging him.

"How are you doing girl? I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too. I was shocked to get a call from you so soon. I was for sure that it was going to take me a while to get to see you." She said as they both sat down.

"Oh not me. I love coming to see my favorite girl." She gulped as she smiled trying to hide her nervousness, "So, how is everyone? How are your brothers?"

"Oh Eiji, is ready to have his first baby and Taro has his internet business and it's going really well. You know my friends are pretty much all married except for Jade but I'm sure it's coming soon. Myself, I'm just single." She paused, "Yep, flying solo." She hinted to him and he just smiled.

"Well, speaking of that, I do have something to tell you." She licked her lips and smiled. "I'm all ears."

"You know we are good friends and I want to make sure that you are okay and I know you are dealing with a lot with your book. I wanted to tell you something very important." He said reaching across the table for her hand.

This is it. This is the moment. She took a deep breath and repeated in her head how she would say yes over and over. She didn't want to seem too excited so she grasps his hand tighter and patiently waited for him to finally let her have it.

"Dominique," he said staring deep in her eyes, "I am getting married." He smiled and Dominique just felt shattered around but she kept the smile on her face.

"Huh?" she said trying to stop her voice from quaking.

"I'm getting married." He smiled again.

"To what?" she said before she could stop herself.

"To a woman." He laughed, "I found this great woman that I met in Europe and she is amazing, Dominique. I have never felt this way about a woman before and she is so terrific for me."

"Another woman? Really? Oh wow, um...congratulations. I am so happy for you. Could you excuse me for a moment?" she said getting up and walked over towards the kitchen.

Jade and Katrina waited patiently for the big news, but Dominique just walked right past them into Katrina's office and slammed the door.

"Fucking bastard! I can't believe this shit! You have got to be fucking kidding me!" she shouted into the air and felt like her heart was breaking.

Jade and Katrina rushed inside and stood by her side, "What happened baby?" Katrina said.

"He is getting married." She sobbed.

"What? Wait, what happened?" Jade asked.

"He met some bitch in Europe and now he is getting married."

"Oh, I'm so sorry baby." Katrina hugged Dominique close.

"How did this happen? He was supposed to fall in love with me and be with me." Dominique whined feeling like she was slowly losing her mind.

"It's okay sweetheart, maybe he met someone that made him happy." Katrina said and Dominique's eyes cut to her.

"Whose side are you on?" Dominique questioned.

"What she meant to say was, he would probably change his mind after being around you more."

"Right. That's all that I need to do is just let him stay around me and he will see that's I'm the one, right?" they both nodded, "Okay, I'm going back out there and thanks guys."

Dominique walked back out there and saw that he was still there, looking through the menu. She took a deep breath and sat down with him.

"There you are. Where did you go?" he asked.

"I just went to the bathroom and to tell Katrina and Jade the good news." She plastered on a fake smile.

"So, what did they have to say about it?"

"Oh they were just as excited as I am."

"I haven't told anyone yet, you were the first person I have told. My mother doesn't even know yet."

"Oh, so when do you plan on telling her?"

"Today more than likely. I am just waiting for a good time to tell her, you know how my mom gets with news like this, but I know she will be okay. She already likes Candi."

"I'm sorry, what?" Dominique quickly said.

"Candi. That's her name." he smiled.

Oh great, not only is he getting married, but he's getting married to a woman name Candi. What is she a stripper, Dominique thought as she still kept the smile on her face.

"Candi sounds so great." Dominique lied.

"She is. She is getting ready to graduate but already has one degree right now. She traveled around Europe because she wanted to see everything." So she is indecisive, "She knows what she wants to do somewhat, but I told her she doesn't have to work that hard and I will take care of everything. She is so amazing, Dominique."

So, he wanted to have an indecisive, no job having, possible stripper and gold digger; something about that picture was not working for Dominique.

"Wow Jason, I must say that she does sound interesting."

"Yea and she is coming into town today. I want you to meet her tonight. I was thinking we could all have dinner together."

"Oh great, that would be perfect." She cleared her throat and took a large gulp of water.

"Okay, so how about we meet tonight at our favorite restaurant, besides this one?" he smiled and Dominique just smiled, "Okay, I will see you tonight. I'm so happy you agreed Dominique, you just don't know how much this means to me." He said getting up and she followed.

He gave her a quick hug and he still smelled so good but for some reason her stomach started to turn. He pulled away and headed to the door. Dominique collapsed back in the chair and laid her head on the table. This couldn't be happening. What happened to his proposal to her? What happened to them being happy and together?

"Hey, are you okay?" she heard someone say and knew it was Jade.

"I don't know yet. I am having dinner with him and his fiancée."

"Why did you agree to go?"

"I wasn't going to say no, that would be rude. I am just going have to bite my tongue and have dinner with him and Candi."

"Candi? Really?" Jade asked.

"That's his fiancée."

"Well that's certainly an interesting name." Dominique just nodded not lifting her head, "Dominique, you know what you need to do."

"Yes, but I don't know how to get away with murder."

"No," Jade said trying to lift her head, "You need to go to dinner, wear something sleek and sexy just to get him to look at you. When he sees you, then he will think twice about marrying some chick name Candi. Or another thing that won't hurt is trying to see if you can find a guy and pretend like you two are dating."

"How am I supposed to do that?" Dominique said lifting her head.

"Just wear something sexy, I know you have something like that in your closet."

"Yea I do but I never wore it before, I'm too big."

"Yea, I'm just going to ignore that last statement." Dominique jerked her head back quickly, "Now, all you have to do is wear something like that to dinner and show up with a hot guy on your arm."

"Now what do I about the hot guy part. I'm not seeing anyone." Dominique thought for a moment, "You think Kendra will let me borrow her husband?"

Jade started laughing out loud and stopped suddenly, "No, not really. It doesn't have to be someone you are actually dating, just a friend that can pretend with you."

"But I don't have anyone."

As if on cue, Nik pushed the door open with James right behind him. Dominique's mouth formed an "O" staring at the way his uniform fit to his body. Every time she saw Nik, he looked as if sex dripped from him. He was a good time guy; in fact she dedicated a whole chapter to men like him. Even though she swore she would not get serious to him, she couldn't help but stare whenever he entered the room. Their eyes briefly connected with each other and she quickly looked back at Katrina. Why did she always have to stare at him? He was not what she wanted, she berated. Nik saw her eyes and how her body tensed every time he entered the room. He shook his head and walked to the table.

"Hey baby, what's going on?" James said.

"Not much, just trying to help Dominique and been missing you. Did you and Nik show up for some lunch?" Jade said.

Myanlass
Myanlass
1,023 Followers