Let Me Help You, Good Doctor Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Myanlass
Myanlass
1,023 Followers

She heard what he was saying, she just wasn't sure if it was meant for her. It wasn't supposed to be this way. This was supposed to be Jason, but she just clearly told Jason to marry Candy.

Now here was Nik telling her that he loved her and wanted to be with her. Why did she feel like she wanted to fall into his embrace and just scream yes? Something was holding her back, though. There was so much deception that this started on and she wasn't sure she was meant for this.

"Damn Dominique, I'm not asking a hard question. You have me over here sweating bullets."

"I'm sorry, it's just I don't know."

"Don't know what? You don't know if you love me too?" she looked off couldn't bare to look into those emotion filled green eyes. She never seen him look so vulnerable, "Dominique, I know that you feel like you should be with Jason, but baby I've been right here for you. You and I have spent more time together than you have with Jason and you are telling me that you want to be with him? You can't tell me that after everything that we've done, that you don't feel anything for me."

She swallowed hard, "You're right, I can't tell you that I don't feel anything for you. It's just with everything that's going on, I don't know if I'm ready for this yet."

As soon as the words left her mouth, the light diminished from his eyes. That special spark that was always there was fading. His stance dropped a little and he looked everywhere but at Dominique.

"Wow, this is how it feel , huh." Nik said feeling his body cringe.

Dominique lower lip began to quiver as she looked into his defeated face, "Nik I told you, it's not that I don't feel anything for you. I don't know if I'm ready yet."

"But you were ready with Jason, so it's me?" She shook her head vigorously.

"No, no please don't think that."

"It's cool Dominique really. You know how I am I will bounce back." He put on a fake smile but swallowed hard, "I do love you. I really do and I hope you soon will realize that you love me too before it's too late."

Too late? For some reason hearing those word chilled Dominique. Before it was too late? What was going to happen? Her mind played those words over and over again. She bit down on her bottom lip and saw Candy peeking her head outside.

"Hey, we are starting the toast. You two want to come in? She stood there waiting in silence. She looked between the both of them and saw the tension between them both.

"Yea, we better go in, baby." Nik suddenly said, making Dominique's eyes focus back on him.

Nik squeezed by Candy and walked inside joining the rest of the party, "Are you guys okay?" Candi asked as soon as Nik was out of ear shot.

"Yea, we are okay, but you shouldn't be worried about us." Dominique mustered all her strength to plant a smile on her face, "You have a party to entertain." She said pulling Candi back inside.

She would just have to deal with Nik later, but she knew pretending to be girlfriend and boyfriend throughout this party was going to be hard for the both of them. Her body yearned for his touch, but she couldn't make a hasty decision about this. Especially when she thinks about everything that has happened in her family.

She barely listened as friends and family rambled on and on about how Candi and Jason were going to live a long life together. It all sounded like gibberish to her at this point, she couldn't stop thinking back to the look on Nik's face.

"Can I say a couple of things?" she knew that voice. She looked up and saw Nik holding the mike, what was he doing?

She swallowed hard saying a little prayer to herself that he wouldn't say anything to embarrass her; no he wouldn't, not Nik. At least she hoped.

"I just want to wish you guys the best of luck on your new journey. It's amazing when you found that one that makes your heart beat faster every time she comes into the room or makes you feel like Superman when you are feeling low. I just hope that my girl and I get there one day. I want to leave you with something that my dad always say, 'Quando amate qualcuno esso e come l'oceano, esso puo essere calma, puo essere intense, ma allo stesso tempo puo essere bella, ampia e degno esplorare. Now for you non-Italian folks," the crowd chuckled a little as he planted his eyes between the couple and Dominique, "When you love someone it is like the ocean, it can be calm, it can be hectic, but at the same time it can be beautiful, vast, and worth exploring." Dominique's heart leaped in her chest as those emerald eyes filled with promise settled on her.

He quickly turned back to the couple. "A toast to Jason and Candy." He said lifting his glass and everyone in the party followed, except Dominique.

She swallowed and followed along with everyone else, "Salute." She murmured.

Myanlass
Myanlass
1,023 Followers