Let Them All Look

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
rebel_code
rebel_code
104 Followers

When the moment came, he pushed deep into her and stayed there, letting her contractions take him the rest of the way. They locked eyes as Andrea climaxed. Jeffrey saw in her wide eyes and wide mouth a vast surprise, wild astonishment, and gratitude. A few moments later Jeffrey followed her into that land, and Andrea saw in his face a child seeing the ocean for the first time.

Later, as they were cuddled together and at last drifting toward sleep, Jeffrey said, "That must be the most beautiful thing in the world—your face when you come."

***

Thursday morning was rushed as they woke from a deep sleep needing to get presentable, packed up and checked out in time to get to work. It was a long day for Andrea, but she had memories of the night before to sustain her. At last it was time to go home and she was looking forward to totally unwinding. Maybe a nice hot bath and a movie. Tomorrow was Friday.

She pulled two days worth of mail out of the box and carried it inside with her. Tossing it on the kitchen counter, she noticed an envelope in the middle of the stack that appeared not to be stamped. She pulled it out. It was not stamped nor was it addressed. A blank envelope.

It had contents, though, and it was sealed.

She used a fingernail to open it, apprehensively.

It contained one sheet of paper wrapped around something with more weight. The paper appeared blank until she unfolded it and saw the one line of printed text in the middle.

I know what you've been doing.

Her heart stopped. She looked at the other contents. Several prints of photographs. They all showed her last night in the hotel room, taken from somewhere outside the building, apparently using a long zoom capable camera. Various stages of her strip show. She was recognizable in some of them. The last was a close-up of her giving Jeffrey that spectacular blowjob.

She was fighting panic. This was the worst thing that could possibly happen. Was she being blackmailed? Threatened? They had to do something. She hit Jeffrey's number on her phone, her heart pounding now.

"Jeff? Honey? Something's happened. Someone has pictures of me. Yes, from last night. They left them in my mailbox. No, not your pictures. From outside the building. What are we going to do? Oh, this is terrible!" Her voice was trembling uncontrollably.

He promised to be right over. Five minutes later he pulled up in his car.

He comforted her as best he could, holding her until she stopped shaking and could speak again.

"No, no, it's all right, I'm here, you're not alone," he was saying, over and over.

When she was calm, he asked, "May I see those?"

She nodded and handed them to him.

He examined the photos and the cover sheet.

"Yes, these were definitely taken from outside. Probably from a building across the street. But whoever it is knows it is you. Do you know anyone who would want to do this to you? I'm thinking of one."

"If they just want money, why doesn't the note say so? It's like they just want to hurt me. I don't have that many enemies, Jeff. I must be thinking the same thing you are."

"Brian."

"Yes. I can think of a reason. He's always been jealous about our sons. Thinks they favor me too much. If he found a way to smear me publicly, make me look like a bad parent to them, he could swoop in and take over. It's kind of sick reasoning, but that's how he thinks."

"Fucking bastard."

"And he would send me a copy of the photos, too, for no other reason than to twist the knife."

"And give himself away in the process, though," Jeffrey said. "He's not too bright, is he?"

"He wouldn't expect me to be able to do anything about it," she replied.

"No, I suppose he wouldn't. I'm terribly sorry, honey. I did my best to protect you, but I didn't foresee something like this. I feel like I got you into this, so it's up to me to get you out of it. I will get you out of this, I promise."

"I'll do anything you ask to help, Jeff. Just name it." She felt some stirrings of hope now.

"Do you know anyone who might be in contact with him, a third party who might have some information?"

"I...you know what, it's the damnedest thing. You remember that girl he had with him last Friday?"

"Yeah, what was her name—Cherry?"

"Sherri. Well, she turned up at my desk at work on Monday. She works there! I'd maybe seen her there before once, if ever. I kind of gave her the brush-off, though. Bad-mouthed Brian to her a bit. She probably got offended. She is dating him, though. Maybe I can get something out of her."

"Good. If you can do that, I'll try to work other angles. We might have to keep our contact to a minimum for a while, honey. I'll call you if I come up with anything."

"Okay, I'll do the same."

"So sorry, baby. We'll beat this. We're a good team."

***

Jeffrey was still furious after a night with little sleep. It would be just like that asshole to do something like this. He'd only run across Brian a few times, but that had been enough to take his measure. Andrea must have had the patience of a saint.

First thing to do would be to try to verify that it was him. Find some evidence. Brian had a job, and he would be at it now, Friday morning. They knew where he lived, in a different suburb about ten miles away. Jeffrey decided to take a cruise over there. He had already called in to his work to take a personal day.

He parked several blocks away in the lot of a strip mall. He was dressed as nondescriptly has he could manage—shorts and a t-shirt. He carried an MP3 player and wore a pair of lightweight earphones. He was a walker.

His pass in front of the house showed little except that it was likely to be unoccupied. No car in the driveway. Checking that no one else was around, he slipped up to the garage door and peeked in the window. No car inside.

As long as he was this close, he might as well check the back door. Around the side, keeping close to the house. This was the kind of neighborhood that was more or less dead in the daytime, but that didn't mean it wasn't still dangerous to be skulking around. His anger kept him going, though his heart was pounding.

The back door was unlocked. Could be a stroke of luck for him, or it could mean someone was home. He opened the door a crack and listened. No sound.

He stepped inside, pulled the door to but not fully closed, and listened again. No sound.

He waited five minutes in the kitchen, not moving. Still no sign of life.

He could see the living room picture window from there, covered with sheer drapes. He would be able to see a car pulling into the driveway. As long as he kept the window in view, he would have enough time to escape out the back door if Brian showed up.

With that thought, he started to look around. He didn't have far to look. On the living room coffee table was a Canon SX410 IS. He pulled on a pair of the latex gloves he had brought, picked up the camera and turned it on. It took only a moment to activate playback mode, and there they were, the same photos that Andrea had found in her mailbox.

That fucking asshole.

They had already been printed once, so he must have transferred them, most likely to the laptop that was on top of the entertainment center, next to the printer. The printer was a cheap model; it didn't have a slot for a memory card. If there was a chance to delete them everywhere, and it wasn't already too late—

He hit the laptop's power button, and it slowly booted up and landed on a login screen. So Brian at least had enough of a brain to password protect his computer. No luck there, but he had what he had come for—the truth.

Deleting the photos on the camera would only cause suspicion. He turned it off and replaced it where it had been. He held down the power button on the laptop until it powered down. He removed the gloves and stuffed them into his pocket. Leaving by the back door, he headed for the opposite yard and the next street over, to resume his morning walk.

***

Andrea went in search of Sherri in the Accounting department. It didn't take long; she had only to cruise the rows of cubicles until she found the one with her name on it. She knocked on the partition opening in classic cube farm style.

Sherri turned around in her chair. Her face froze when she caught sight of Andrea. Well, don't we look innocent, Andrea thought.

"Good morning, Sherri," she began. "I think we have some unfinished business, don't we?"

"Do you mean that PR?" Sherri asked. "Was there something wrong with it after all?"

"No, it's fine. I'm talking about your boyfriend. I have reason to suspect he's been stalking me. Would you happen to know anything about that?"

She could put two and two together as well as anyone. Having his blonde 'assistant' within earshot of her and his somehow knowing her private plans for two days later stank. And she wasn't inclined to be polite about it.

"I...look, I don't know what you're talking about, Andrea."

"Okay, how about you meet me at lunchtime, at the food truck. Will that give you enough time to figure it out? So we don't have to discuss it inside? Where your manager can hear?" She raised her voice just a notch on that last phrase.

"Okay...okay. I'll tell you what I know," she said in a very low voice. "But please, not here. I'll meet you outside."

"Good," Andrea said. And walked off without another word.

She was there when the food truck pulled up at 11:45. They got their food, then Andrea caught her eye and motioned toward the small picnic table farthest away from the entrance.

They sat down, and Andrea gave her a couple of minutes to eat something before starting in.

"Okay. Tell me what's going on with Brian."

"Andrea, first, I'm sorry. I lied about that. I've actually been going out with him for about a month. It's been terrible, I don't know what to do. The thing is, I slept with him, then the next morning he told me I was his slut and that I'd better do what he said. Well, I've played those kind of games before with guys, so it didn't bother me at first. I thought it was kind of hot. But as time passed and I kept seeing him, I started to realize that he wasn't playing, that he just likes being cruel, likes hurting me. Now he tells me I can't quit him, that he'll track me down if I do. He knows where I live. I can't get away.

"He does have an obsession with you and what you do. I think he's been trying to get some dirt on you for some reason to do with your children. They're grown, aren't they? What does he care? Anyway, he knows some of the places you and your man friend like to go, and he hangs around them sometimes hoping to see you.

"I think he saw you at the lake last weekend and that gave him ideas. He told me to hang around you and see if I heard anything he would want to know about."

Andrea broke in, "And so you just did it, huh? That's why you came around with your phony PR, right, to make sure you knew where I was?"

"No, you don't understand. I had to." She was practically in tears. "He'd hurt me if I didn't. Look," she said, gesturing toward the high-neck and long-sleeved dress she was wearing, "do you think I'd dress like this in this weather if I didn't have to?"

She pulled down the neckline of her dress to reveal an ugly bruise on her shoulder.

"I tried to say no," she sobbed. "What else could I do?"

"Sherri," Andrea said softly, "there's always something you can do. You drop him. You go to the police. You get a restraining order. He has to stay away from you. If he doesn't, he gets his ass thrown in jail. Sooner or later they learn. Don't be a willing slave."

"Listen," she went on, "he didn't use to be like this. I wouldn't have stayed with him a week if he had been. He was just your typical narcissistic, passive-aggressive control freak. Nothing violent. I stayed around long enough to make sure our sons were raised right, then I got out. But he's gotten worse now. You don't have to take it."

Sherri was on the verge of a breakdown now. "I'm not strong enough. I can't do it alone. Please, help me!"

She said slowly, "Sherri, listen to me now. It is best for you that you never go back to his house again. Go talk to the police now. You have the rest of your life ahead of you. You will get through this. I will help you. I'm going to give you my phone number. I will be there for whatever you need. If you need a ride somewhere. If you need a safe place to stay. If you just need to talk. Whatever will help.

"Okay, you have your phone? Put my number in it. Ready? xxx-xxx-xxxx. Got it? Okay. Later, you text me with your number too. So I can check on you and make sure you're all right. You won't be alone in this. I promise."

"Thank you. Thank you." She was obviously relieved.

"Okay, lets fix up your face and get back to work now," said Andrea.

After she left Sherri at her cube she went outside again. When she was far enough away from the building, she tapped Jeffrey's number.

"Andie! What's up, sweetheart?"

"I've got something, Jeff. Sherri's been spying on me for Brian. She tipped him off to our 'night out'. Because he's been abusing her. And he's been stalking us before that."

"Figures," he said. "I've been doing some spying too. Let's just say I got a look at his camera. The photos are there. It was him. It's too late to destroy them; they're on his computer too and it's locked."

Andrea sighed. "That's not great news, is it? Still, at least we know what the score is. It's rough for more than just us. Sherri is in a bad place. I offered her help if she can break away from him. I felt badly because I was a little harsh with her at first, before she told me what he was doing to her. But we can help her, can't we?"

"Of course we can, baby. It's only right."

"Can you come over tonight? I could use some comforting too."

"Sure. I'll cook. We can have a quiet evening in for once."

"Okay. Love you."

"Love you. See you soon."

***

Jeffrey made scrambled eggs and fried potatoes in Andrea's kitchen; breakfast for dinner was one of their favorites. It was real comfort food.

They turned on some mindless TV to pass the time and distract their thoughts from the madness of the last twenty-four hours. Somehow this would pass. Andrea rested her head on Jeffrey's shoulder. She almost thought she could doze off.

At 8:23 pm her phone called her back from her peaceful reverie. It was Sherri; she had sent her number earlier and Andrea had set her as a contact.

"Sherri? What's happening?"

"I'm sorry, Andrea. I need your help. I went back to his house, I know I shouldn't have. I was just gonna tell him it was over between us. He got mad and started yelling, all kinds of crazy stuff. He tried to hit me again but I got away, got back to my car. I can't go home, I'm sure he's coming after me. Can I stay with you tonight? I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this to happen." Her voice was trembling with fear.

Andrea sighed inwardly. Of course she didn't, she just set it up to happen thoughtlessly.

"Okay, look, don't worry. I meant what I said. If you can get here, you have a safe place to stay. Where are you now?"

"I'm on the Bartolo Expressway, about four miles west of Bellwood."

"Okay, I'm in Bellwood. You're eastbound, right? Good. Take the 45th Street exit. Follow 45th Street south to Anaconda Avenue. Turn right there. That's on the right side of the street. Do you have that?"

"Yes, I think so."

"Okay, call me back if you get lost. You should be about fifteen minutes away."

"Thank you, Andrea. I can't thank you enough."

"Just get here safely, okay? Bye."

She turned to Jeffrey, who was looking at her quizzically.

"Yeah, she went back to his house one more time to dump him, and he went crazy, as anyone could predict. She's on the road now, sure that he's after her. She can stay here tonight, can't she? I promised."

"Of course, Andie. It's your house and your promise. I just hope he doesn't guess that she's here."

"There's that. Although, if her task was to spy on me...oh, I give up. Who knows what to expect anymore. I'll just get out some towels and blankets for her."

At 8:40 there was a knock on her door.

Andrea checked the peephole. It was her. She opened the door to reveal Sherri, visibly an emotional mess.

"Come in, come in, quickly," Andrea told her.

Sherri stepped inside and Andrea closed the door and locked it. She looked so lost, so alone. Andrea knew what was needed, put her arms around her, and gave her a warm hug.

"It's all right, you're among friends here," she said.

"Thank you," Sherri replied, tears in her voice.

"Come and sit down here," Andrea said. "Plenty of room. Just relax now."

Andrea sat down at the end of the sofa and patted the cushion between she and Jeffrey. Sherri sat between the two of them.

"I'm sorry," she said. "I was stupid. I thought I could let him down easy and he would take it and not bother me any more. It doesn't work like that, does it?"

"It would with a normal guy," said Jeffrey. "I'm afraid he's not like that. We have a problem with him too."

"That I helped him with. Oh God, I'm sorry, Jeffrey, Andrea, I didn't want this for you, believe me!" She was close to tears again.

"Shhh. It's okay. You were acting under threat. We understand that," he said.

Then she did collapse into sobs. They held her, let her cry it out.

Andrea got up and got tissues for her. She dried her eyes and blew her nose.

Jeffrey said, "Tomorrow we will go with you. You can get a court order. He will have to stay away from you."

Andrea added, "You can stay here as long as you need to. I have a spare room made up for you. I have plenty of room."

"Thank you. I can't thank you enough," Sherri said, still sniffling.

"Your troubles are ours," said Jeffrey.

Andrea turned the TV back on. They bathed in its mental anesthetic effect.

8:59 pm

A loud banging at the door. Sherri looked up, startled, the fearful look coming back to her face. Andrea held a finger to her lips and went to check the peephole.

"Brian," she called through the door. "You're not welcome here. I think you know why. Go away."

"Is she here, Andrea?" he yelled. Sherri jumped.

"Is who here? What are you doing here anyway? Go home."

"You know who I mean. Sherri. Is that bitch there?"

"No. Now leave us alone."

"Who's us? You and Sherri?"

"No, me and Jeffrey. Are you going to leave or am I going to call the cops?"

"You're lying. I see her car on the street. I know her license plate. Open UP!"

The banging on the door resumed, this time much louder. He was beating on the door with something heavy. He was trying to break it open!

She hit 9-1-1 on her phone.

"Yes, I have an intruder here, he's trying to break my door down. Yes, he's beating it with something, it sounds big. Armed? I don't know, but he could be. Anaconda Avenue, Bellwood. Hurry, please! There are three of us inside."

"They're sending someone," she whispered to Jeffrey. "This might be our chance."

He nodded. "I'm getting the bat."

He went into the master bedroom and fetched the baseball bat from the closet. He kept one here and another at his house for defense.

He brought it out to the living room. Sherri's eyes were wide with fear.

Jeffrey positioned himself to the side of the door. The deadbolt was rattling in its slot with each blow. If Brian managed to splinter the door-jamb it could come open in seconds. If it did Jeff was not going to give him any time to do anything.

It seemed to go on forever: the banging, his groaning and growling, spitting abuse at all three of them.

A car screeched to a halt on the street outside. Doors opening.

"You! Step away from the door! Drop that! Put your hands in sight!"

A loud bang as something heavy hit the concrete step outside. A rush of footsteps approaching. The sounds of a scuffle.

rebel_code
rebel_code
104 Followers