Liar Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Don't go. Be with me. You know you want to." Gabe teased, "Stay with me."

Sloane couldn't think. Gabe's fingers were moving quicker now causing her to thrash against him. She couldn't believe he was doing this right outside of her house, with her parents and brothers sleeping right inside. The thought of getting caught only added to the excitement.

"Say yes Sloane," Gabe taunted, using his free hand to reach under her tank top and tweak her hardened nipples, "I need you to say yes."

"Oh god." Sloane panted, as she bucked against him. She gripped his shoulders and let her head fall back against the car.

"That's not the answer I was looking for. Yes. That's all I need you to say." Gabe said as he dipped his finger deep into her sheath.

"Oh god, yes. Yes!" Sloane thrashed. Gabe smiled with satisfaction a fraction of a second before swooping her off her feet.

"My box!" Sloane giggled as Gabe carried her of in the direction of his house.

****

Layla was in the middle of searching for Sloane when Sloane's phone went off for the fourth time in the last 10 minutes. She had found Sloane's cell phone and clutch on one of the empty tables, but couldn't find her anywhere in sight. The only place she hadn't checked as the terrace and had been on her way there when she saw Gabe exit onto the terrace.

'I'll go later.' Layla thought, trying to avoid an unnecessary run-in with Gabe. However her curiosity grew when she saw Walker hurry back in.

She was about to see what was going on when Jackson showed up out of nowhere stopping her, "Leave it babe."

Layla looked up at her husband defiantly, "You don't understand."

"Yes, I do." Jackson said staring at Layla all too knowingly.

"How do you...?" Layla asked raising an eyebrow, before shaking it off, "You didn't see her the night before she left. He messed her up. Really bad. This is the first time she's been back in years and I will be damned if I just sit by and let Gabe run her away again."

"Layla..." Jackson said his voice stern and full of warning "Don't make it worse. Sloane is grown woman. She can take care of herself. Plus they have issues they need to sort out."

"Fine. But so help me, if she leaves upset and that has anything to do with Gabe." Layla said squaring up and poked her finger in the center of his chest, "There's going to be hell to pay and I will start collecting with you."

"I look forward to it." Jackson chuckled, before looking at Layla's hand, "Are you going to answer that?"

"What?" Layla blinked realizing he was referring to ringing coming from Sloane's cell phone.

Whoever it was may have had an urgent message so on the fifth ring she finally answered.

"Hello?" Layla said.

"Finally! I understand ignoring the first call, but if the person calls back four times in a row, then clearly the must of a bleeding urgent matter."

"Excuse me?" Layla replied confused. The female voice on the other end rambled off so quickly and in an accent Layla didn't understand.

"This isn't Sloane. I thought I was ringing her..." the voice trailed off as if they were checking to make sure they called the right number.

"This is Sloane's phone. She's a little preoccupied right now."

"I hope it doesn't have anything to do with that tosser, Gabriel Jennings?" the woman asked. Clearly this woman knew Sloane personally. Before Layla could investigate any further, she continued talking, "No bother there are more urgent matters. Listen, could you be a darling and tell Sloane that her Miss Jacobs stopped me when I was leaving her flat earlier today. Apparently the old biddy forgot about a previous engagement she committed herself to and cannot get out of it."

"Okay." Layla said, not sure why Sloane would need to know about her neighbor's activities.

"Anyways she's on holiday for the next couple of days, so I have graciously stepped in and avoided a potential crisis. Despite what Sloane says I am perfectly capable of watching Ethan. So tell her that he's with me and she needn't worry." Layla heard a loud crash in the background, followed by a few unlady-like choice words from the woman, "I gotta go. Please have Sloane call me."

Layla snapped the phone shut before looking at Jackson, "Who in the world is Ethan?"

****

The reception was nearing its end and Sloane found herself seeking solace, or hiding, next to the column at the entrance to the terrace. She kept an eye on Walker, who was currently on the opposite side of the room. She watched as he scanned the ballroom in search for her. She would need to avoid him for the rest of the night. Just then a breeze blew in from the terrace causing Sloane's warmed body to hum in appreciation.

She breathed out a sigh of relief as the cool air hugged her body as she turned to walk further out onto the terrace. When she reached the ledge, she splayed her hands on the cool marble as she gazed out into the countryside.. She couldn't remember the last time she was able to see the stars. With the bright lights and smog of the big city, being able to see one star was a rare luxury. The stars glittered in the sky as the moonlight illuminated the countryside. The passing clouds moved across the moon casting dancing shadows across the fields.

The whole scene was hauntingly beautiful, making her decision to not coming back sooner more and more foolish. Coming back was turning out to be a lot better than she expected. All she had to do was avoid Gabe.

"Here you are." Walker said into her ear suddenly causing her to jump, "I've been looking everywhere for you."

"Oh," Sloane laughed awkwardly, "I was actually about to head back in."

"Whoa there, what's the rush?" Walker said when Sloane made the motion of moving. When he gripped her hips panic to filled Sloane. Dropping his nose to her hair, he inhaled deeply, "You smell so good. It's been driving me crazy all night."

"Listen, Walker, I think you got the wrong impression." Sloane said grabbing his hands, but they didn't budge.

"Let go." Sloane said in low voice looking him straight in the eyes. The look in his eyes was perilous, speaking of a man that was used to getting his way. Either willingly or force. She would've shuddered had she not been trying to mask her growing fear.

A second later, his grip in her hair tightened as he yanked down forcing her head up. Sloane was helpless to stop the inevitable kiss as his head dropped down. Just as suddenly as Walker rushed her, she heard the unmistaken sound of someone clearing their throat.

When Walker finally released her, she looked over his shoulder and cringed. While she was relieved that someone had interrupted her and Walker, she would've gladly welcome Satan instead of Gabe who was currently burning holes into her. The muscle in his jaw ticked and Sloane knew it was only a matter of seconds before he exploded.

"Gabe." Walker spoke, "A little privacy please."

Gabe scoffed, his dangerous gaze pinned solely on Sloane, "That's not going to happen. You and I need to talk." Looking between Walker and Gabe, Sloane had a true moment of despair over who was the safer of the two men. She opened her mouth to start asking something before Gabe barked, "Now!"

"Okay." Walker spoke before releasing Sloane, "I'll leave you two to it."

Sloane watched in shock as the coward known as Walker scurried back into the reception. She turned her attention back to Gabe. The ill-lighting outside didn't mask the storms raging behind his eyes. All at once memories that she had done well to lock away to the dark corner of her mind flashed through her mind at once causing Sloane to feel dizzy. When her breath caught in her throat, Sloane knew she was in trouble. There were so many things they needed to discuss, so she decided that playing it aloof until he laid his cards on the table was the best thing.

"So?" Sloane asked as casually as she could, "What did you need to talk to me about?"

"You told Dean about that night?" Gabe said unaffected as Sloane relished in the deep, sexy seriousness of his tone..

"What'd he exactly tell you?" Sloane asked trying to keep her voice even.

"So you did tell him." Gabe said heatedly, "Fucking great. My best friend is mad at me for something that happened six years ago. This is ridiculous."

"What?" Sloane asked again, "This is just about us sleeping together?"

"Dumb doesn't suit you." Gabe said cruelly.

"No, but it clearly suits you." Sloane spat back, "I didn't tell Dean anything about that."

"Well he knows. So if you didn't tell Dean and I sure as hell didn't tell Dean, then who did?" Gabe asked.

"How the hell am I supposed to know?" Sloane said, her voice rising as her temper did, "If anyone said anything to anyone it would be you. It happened a billion years ago, why does it matter anyways if he knows?"

"It doesn't matter, but I would appreciate a warning the next time you decide to let your brother know about our extracurricular activities."

"You won't need a warning, because there won't be a next time. This is unbelievable," Sloane said out loud to no one in particular, "Six years and you haven't changed one bit."

"Which is comforting considering you wouldn't have let a tool like Walker within a 10 mile radius six years ago. Let alone let him have his way with her out on the balcony." Gabe spat at her,

"What the hell does me being out here with Walker have to do with anything?" Sloane replied.

"You look different. I wonder just how different you actually are."

"Quit the semantics. If you're trying to say something Gabe, just say it." Sloane asked not sure if she wanted to know.

"Is that how they do it in California? Out in the open where anyone could walk in?" Gabe said cruelly. Sloane couldn't respond, too far in disbelief to formulate a response. He wasn't insinuating what she thought he was or was he? "I should've known it was only a matter of time before you turned into a whore."

Gabe barely finished before Sloane slapped him. Her hand stung, but he barely flinched at the contact, "Fuck you Gabe." Sloane said low and deadly, "You don't know a goddamn thing about me or my life in California."

"Uh, Gabe? Sloane?" Jude called out from somewhere behind them. Sloane broke the heated moment to glance at Jude which immediately lightened the mood.

Jude Simoneaux was born and raised in the southern bayous of Louisiana. He was the lethal combination of sexy and rebellion that drove the ladies crazy when he moved to Reston to live with his grandmother. Throwing in that he came from old money and was the only heir to the Simoneaux fortune, Jackson had been the object of desire for ladies old and young. When Sloane had left 6 years ago, he was backpacking through Europe before he stepped into his late father's position to take to take over the family business.

Sloane was still pissed, but couldn't suppressed the urge to laugh at the sight of Jude walking blindly as he used her clutch to shield his eyes, "Are you guys out here?"

"What are you doing?" Sloane said making her way over to Jude. She snatched her clutch from him and smacking his arm with it, "You can open your eyes. There's nothing going on."

"Knowing you two, you can never be too sure. We all remember the last time I barged in unexpectedly. I know I do." Jude replied with devious smile as he wiggled his eyebrows.

Gabe cleared his throat before Sloane respond, "What's going on?"

"Jackson won't let Layla come out here, so she sent me." He turned back to Sloane, "Now I'm supposed to tell you something about your friend calling. There was some sort of emergency with someone named Ethan."

"Oh my god!" Sloane said frantically, she started rifling through her clutch in search of her cell phone. She quickly checked the call log and groaned. Three missed calls from Miss Jacobs and four missed calls from Gigi. She tried calling Miss Jacobs, but her phone made a weird beeping sound before her display flashed 'No Signal', "Shoot!"

"Is something wrong?" Gabe asked, his expression changed now to show concern. A change that didn't go unnoticed, but Sloane had other things on her mind to care. She ignored his question and started to roam the balcony holding her phone up, praying that one of her bars would pop up.

"Come on, come on, come on..." Sloane chanted moving her phone wildly in the air, "Freaking signal is crap out here."

After sweeping the entire balcony, Sloane shut her phone letting out a slew of profanities as she shut her phone. Sucking in a deep breath, she collected herself before rejoining Jude and Gabe.

"Can I use your phone?" Sloane asked Jude.

"Sorry chère, I left mine up in the room." Jude said ruefully.

Sighing, she looked at Gabe pleadingly, "Can I please use yours?"

"Mine's in the room too," Gabe replied, his eyes filled with concern and curiosity, "Come on. We can go get it."

****

Once they got to the room, Gabe let Jude show Sloane where the phone was. He, on the other hand, went directly to the bathroom to splash much needed cold water on face. He looked at his reflection in the mirror. The muscle in his jaw ticked at the image of Sloane and Walker, an image that was more than likely permanently burned into his mind. Something inside of him had roared it's ugly head. Something that Gabe hadn't felt before. Possessiveness.

Sloane always seemed to bring it out in him and seeing her with Walker had definitely pissed him off. She'd been in town less then a day and she was already cozying up to a man.

'If it's going to be anyone, it's going to be me.'Gabe said before mentally berating himself, wondering where the thought came from.

He realized in that moment that he had never even considered the possibility that Sloane had probably been with other men. This brought his thoughts to Ethan and why Sloane had switched from spitting mad to immense concern. His questions were dangerous and if he learned anything in the past six years it was that Sloane Bennett was just that, dangerous. He'd need to check himself and his libido or he'd be in bed with Sloane and neck deep in shit.

He exited the bathroom seeing Sloane through the double French doors that sectioned off the bedroom area. She looked distressed, as she spoke rapidly and animatedly on the phone.

"What happened to not doing anything?" Jude asked suddenly from the opposite side of his attention. Turning to face him, he saw the look his friend gave him.

"I didn't do anything." Gabe replied coolly.

"Right, which explains why you were alone with her on the terrace?"

"I was making sure Walker didn't try anything funny." Gabe said. It was a flimsy excuse, one that he hoped Jude didn't catch.

"And she just left him with you!? If I knew the old bat was off her rocker I never would've left him in her care." Sloane exclaimed suddenly from the room, drawing the attention of both Gabe and Jude. She looked stunned for a moment before looking up and seeing that both he and Jude were staring at her. She plastered on a fake smile and wove her hand at them to ignore her.

"Drop the tough guy act Gabe. A blind man can see the unresolved issues between you two. I know she hurt you back then but don't go fucking around in your past unless you're ready to face it." Jude started being the voice of reason.

"I have faced it." Gabe said heatedly.

"Sure you have." Jude said sarcastically, before shaking his head, "Well I gotta get back down there anyways. Someone has to cover the fact that Dean's best man and long lost baby sister are both missing."

"I'll go down with you." Gabe said.

"I think you better stay up here. You know...work on laying your past ." Jude said grinning mischievously.

"I believe the saying is 'Lay your past to rest'." Gabe replied, "I'll walk you to the elevator."

"Details..." Jude laughed as he led the way out, "Minor details."

"I'll be right back Sloane," Gabe called out.

****

"Why would I give you my Christian Louboutin boots for something that you eagerly volunteered to do?" Sloane asked flippantly.

"I'd say it's a fair trade. That vase is a priceless heirloom. It's been handed down from Wadsmore mothers to daughters for generations and generations-"

"Bullshit." Sloane laughed.

"I beg your pardon!" Gigi gasped.

"I was with you when you bought it at that flea market."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that." Gigi said, before changing her course of action, "So your saying Ethan's not worth it?" Gigi countered.

"Okay fine." Sloane finally said after tense moments of consideration. Gigi really was doing her a huge favor.

"Seriously?" Gigi gasped, "I was just fooling, but if I knew what a lousy negotiator you were I would've aimed higher. I wonder what else I can finagle out of you."

"Just the boots, don't push it Gigi." Sloane said.

"I'll be right back Sloane."Gabe called loudly from the other room. She didn't have time to cover the phone. She hoped Gigi didn't hear--.

"Who was that?" Gigi asked breathlessly.

"Who was who?" Sloane replied dumbly.

"Is it possible to cum from hearing a voice alone?" Gigi asked sounding a little dreamy.

"What?" Sloane asked not sure she heard correctly.

"Fuck me, that was Gabriel Jennings, wasn't it?" Gigi gasped.

"Call me first thing in the morning." Sloane said abruptly. She didn't have the energy to answer Gigi's questions, "Oh and please, please, please make sure that you deadbolt your door because he likes to answer. And call me."

"You already said that."

"I'm serious. Call me. I'm ahead in time zone so I'll be up."

"Not if you don't get any sleep, you won't." Gigi responded her voice full of amusement, "You bet your American ass I'll call you in the morning, I want details."

"There won't be any because nothing is going to happen. Good night!" Sloane replied.

"Have a nice night Miss Bennett..." Gigi teased in a singsong voice as Sloane snapped her phone shut and tossed her phone on the bed.

Letting out the breath that she didn't realize that she had been holding, "Solitude at last."

She stood up and started walking over to the bathroom. The limestone floors and counters reminded Sloane of the European spa retreat Gigi had dragged her on. One of the walls of the bathroom was made entirely of glass that faced the street. They were pretty high up in the hotel, but the window was still frosted for privacy while allowing natural light in.

Passing the mirror she glanced at her reflection, before doing a double take spotting the luxurious bathtub in her reflection behind her. She contemplated all of one second before making her decision. She checked her watch and realized that the reception would be done soon. Unzipping her dress, the cool bathroom air hit her bare back. The cut of the dress had left Sloane with no decision but to forgo a bra, she was just lucky the dress was tight enough to support her breast. They weren't overly large, but they weren't small either. Just as she let the dress drop slightly she remembered she left her phone in the other room. She'd better go get it in case Gigi called back.

'Bless her eager heart, but the poor girl had no idea what she volunteered for' Sloane thought as she made her way to the room. Holding the front of her dress to her body, she left her back exposed to the overly cool air in the room. Immediately her skin bloomed in goose bumps. Just as she reached her phone, the sound of a sharp intake of breath behind her had Sloane spinning around.

"Gabe!" Sloane yelped. The surprise had Sloane loose her grip on her dress causing her to inadvertently flash Gabriel, "I thought you left."

"I just went to..." Gabe trailed off as his eyes roamed over her exposed skin that her arms failed to conceal. "Damn."

"Hey pervert!" Sloane said, using one arm to hold her dress to her, as the other snapped twice, and then circled her face, "Eyes up here!"