Liar Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sloane felt herself start fidgeting with the car keys and despite her mind screaming at her stop she couldn't. She looked down at her hands hoping her eyes would will them to do what her mind couldn't.

"Sloane..." Gabe said hesitantly. When she looked at him, he saw fear in her eyes before she blinked it away and clasped her hands together, "Are you okay?"

Despite asking this, Gabe already knew the answer.

Something was wrong. He knew it...he felt it.

"There's no easy way to say this." Sloane said wearily, her voice shaking.

She felt a hot tear roll down her cheek and wanted to kick herself.

She wanted-no, needed to be strong. She didn't want Gabe to misconstrue her tears as weakness.

"Sloane?" Gabe said moving towards her, "Are you crying?"

"Stop-" She cried, holding hands out in front of her to stop him, "Don't. Please don't come closer."

"Well then what is it?"

"Ethan..." Sloane started to say before Gabe erupted.

"I knew it. That's what this is about?" Gabe shouted incredulously "I am so fucking tired of hearing about this Ethan. Obviously you don't care that much about him if you're fucking me at the first given opportunity."

Sloane just blinked at him.

"Ethan is my son."

Gabe's mind raced to comprehend the words she had just said. He started laughing suddenly drawing an even more confused look from Sloane. He breathed in a sigh of relief.

Ethan is only her son.

"I thought Ethan was your boyfriend..."

"I realize that." Sloane replied.

"But he's your son." Gabe replied still chuckling.

"And yours." Sloane blurted out before going wide-eyed.

Gabe's head snapped back so hard, she thought that he had given himself whiplash. Sloane froze. She could honestly say that in the million scenarios that she had envisioned telling Gabe about their son, that was definitely not one of them.

"Run that by me one more time."

"Ethan..." she whispered, "...is yours."

"But I don't have any children."

"That you know of." Sloane blurted out again before cringing.

This was going really bad.

"This isn't time for your fucking jokes Sloane. If you're bullshitting me-" Gabe stared at Sloane realizing that she was dead serious.

He looked at the wall for a long time, trying to formulate words.

"I...have...a son?"

Sloane bit her lip and nodded.

"And you didn't tell me."

It wasn't a question. Sloane looked at him helplessly as he looked at her with complete disgust. His knuckles were turning white from his death grip he had on the couch.

She closed her eyes and nodded again, "I'm so sorry-."

"What the fuck Sloane!" Gabe erupted before shooting out of his seat to pace his living room.

Sloane just stood there by the door watching him. Paralyzed, confused, and miserable.

Good thing the wall was there to support her or she would've fallen to the floor. As she watched him, she couldn't help the strained, awkward laugh that escaped her throat contradicting the tears that flowed down her cheeks. As horrible as the situation was, she couldn't deny the feeling of relief that washed over her.

Gabe shot her a glare that could've iced the sun.

"But how? What...? I can't...you're such a..." He spouted out unintelligibly as he spoke with his hands. He stopped and looked at her, "Why now? Why tell me now?"

"Cause...he's here."

"He's here?" Gabe said moving to the front window, "Now?"

"Not here as inhere . He's with my parents."

"They knew about this? They knew he was mine?" Gabe snorted, fighting the feeling of betrayal from people he considered to be his second family.

Well, technically he could drop the 'consider' part now.

"They didn't at first, but then they saw him."

"Who else knew about this before me?"

"Gigi."

"Who the fuck is Gigi?" Gabe asked, but he didn't wait for an answer, "Who else?"

"They ran into Jude this morning, so I assume he knows. And Dean."

"Dean knew and didn't tell me?" Gabe roared.

Sloane winced before responding, "He didn't know until last night. He found a picture of him and knew immediately, well strongly suspected who the father was."

"He...he looks that much like me?" Gabe said withdrawn, a little touched by the admission.

Sloane nodded.

"Do you have it?"

"Have what?"

"The damn picture!"

Sloane rifled through her purse, pulling it out. As she walked cautiously towards him, she could feel the tension and anger that radiated off of him increase with every step. She handed him the picture letting her eyes meet with his briefly before diverting them to the ground.

Gabe looked at the picture feeling a strange feeling in his heart.

He was a father.

He sighed raggedly and retreated to the kitchen.

Sloane heard the cupboards opening and closing before he returned with a bottle of whiskey and a glass. He slammed the contents on the coffee table before pouring him a glass and quickly downing it.

'It's 5 o'clock somewhere', he thought as he hurriedly poured himself another and tossed it back just as quickly.

He turned his attention back to Sloane who hadn't moved from her post by the door.

"Sit." He commanded.

Sloane knew better than to argue. She hesitantly made her way towards him, taking the seat on the other side of the coffee table. She watched as he poured himself another drink.

"Shouldn't you slow down?" Sloane asked meekly.

Gabe just glared at her daringly and tossed it back. His eyes never leaving hers. He poured another and slid it across to her aggressively causing some of it to slosh over.

"Drink it."

"I-uh..."

"Now!" Gabe barked.

She picked it up, meeting his gaze then looking away. She downed it quickly and winced before coming up coughing. She ignored the smug smile on Gabe's face.

It felt like an eternity before either spoke, when in reality it was probably a few seconds.

"Would you have even told me?"

She didn't know what to say, so she did the only thing she could - tell the truth.

"If Ethan needed to know or wanted..." Sloane started to say, "I don't know."

"Do you realize how corrupt that sounds? Even for you?"

"I didn't think you'd care."

"You're so full of shit."

"I understand you're mad, you have every reason to be. I was just doing what I thought was best for my son."

"Our son." Gabe corrected her, before feeling the rage explode in him again, " I can't believe you never once tried to tell me."

"I did!"

"When?"

"I called you. I left a message."

It sounded weak coming out of her mouth, but it was the truth.

"A message!A message? " Gabe laughed sarcastically, "A fucking message...that's rich."

"Oh I forgot you prefer hand written notes." Sloane fired back at him.

"Don't even bring that up. This in no way compares to a fucking night of meaningless sex." Gabe retorted venomously.

She felt that remark. She looked at Gabe hurt only to find his expression anything but sympathetic. She couldn't blame him for his fury, so she steadied herself and wiped away a tear, "I know what I did was wrong but it made sense at the time. I didn't think-"

"Damn right you didn't think." Gabe spat back at her, "Until I figure out what kind of rights I have you better not go anywhere with my son."

"You can't be serious." Sloane said flippantly.

"Oh I am being dead serious."

"A child is a huge commitment!"

"I know that."

"No, you don't" Sloane replied hearing her voice crack, "You have no idea what you're talking about. You have no idea of what kind of responsibility a child is."

"Well who's fault is that Sloane? How could I know?" The hurt laced in Gabe's tone broke her heart. She really messed up, " You robbed me of that the moment you decided to keep my son a secret from me."

"I made a mistake!" Sloane said defeated, "But you did too. You left me-."

"That argument is getting really old..." Gabe interrupted her, staring her straight in the eye, "I'm not blind, I see the resemblance but I want a DNA test."

"He's yours."

"I have to be sure. You gave it up so easy last night, who knows who else you've slept with."

That was it.

She understood his fury. She knew it wasn't going to be easy, but there was only so much that she could take.

"Fuck you Gabe." Sloane said getting up to leave, "He's yours. I wouldn't lie about that."

"That's right, you only lie by omission. I forgot." Gabe retorted following her.

Sloane reached for the door only to have Gabe hold it shut with his hand.

Sloane felt his body heat on hers, she didn't dare turn around..

"I want to leave." She said staring at the door knob.

"What do you expect Sloane? Did you think you could drop something like this on me and expect me not to react?" Gabe said, his voice low and dangerous, "I don't give a shit what you do. Leave, for all I care, but you better not go anywhere with my son. Don't even try or I will hit you with everything-"

"Don't threaten me, Gabe." Sloane said, finding her strength. Her instincts kicked in at the prospect of being threatened.

She spun around to find him standing extremely close. She tried to retreat away from him only to find her back already against the door. She stared up at him to see his eyes burning down into hers.

They stood there in defiant silence daring the other to say something further. Sloane could smell the liquor on his breath and for a split second Sloane thought he was going to kiss her, instead he dropped his hand to let her go.

Sloane opened the door and thought she was home free when Gabe gripped her wrist and dragged her against him, dropping his head and kiss her hard.

Despite the harshness, Sloane felt the kiss in her toes. She whimpered and just as quick as it started Gabe released her.

"Just to warn you, I am just getting started. You'll be lucky if I let you see him after this is over."

"Over my dead body." Sloane said breathily, pissed at herself for letting herself feel anything by his kiss. She ripped her hand away from his and hurried down the stairs.

"Don't give me any ideas."

12