Life and Love in the Army Ch. 04

Story Info
Things change.
3.2k words
7.8k
2

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 11/13/2023
Created 09/09/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*Authors note: I kind of rushed this chapter to have it ready by or before Christmas. For those that have read from the beginning I would like to say thank you. Chapter 5 won't be out until early February. My military career is coming to a close after 30 wonderful years and the next few months will be hectic for me. Just be patient, there is much more to come.*

*****

Lunch was spent reviewing Joes essay. Lenore even threw in a few ideas to fill in the remaining 100 words.

"Crap, fifteen more minutes and I have to be back on the clock."

"Thanks for all the help Lenore. I would have really flubbed this up on my own."

"You're welcome. Truth be told I enjoyed helping and spending the time getting to know you a little better."

"Me too."

"Joe, this morning..." To tell it or not.

"What is it? This morning what?"

"Nothing. Just, I enjoyed spending time with you."

"C'mon Lenore. Seriously, what's on your mind? If anything, I've learned there's never 'nothing' on your mind." That made her giggle.

"No seriously, I've really enjoyed the past couple of days. That's all."

"Yeah uh huh."

"No, that's it."

"Oh, ok. Sorry."

"Sorry for what? I did kind of leave that open. And stop apologizing, sheesh."

"Ok, my bad. You should really clock back in. I'm looking for a reason to not go back to the barracks and sitting here with you isn't helping."

"Yeah well, sitting here with YOU isn't getting me back to work either!" Chuckles from Joe.

"Fine, fine, fine. I'll get up first. Thanks again Lenore. You're an essay lifesaver." More giggling.

"You're welcome. Talk to you later?"

"Yeah, I'd like that."

"Cool! Bye Joe."

"Later Lenore."

Lenore watched as Joe walked off toward the barracks. As she clocked back in she couldn't help but think that once again she'd done what was asked of her. And once again she felt bad about doing so. If what she thought was going on was, and Joe finds out that she, Leon, and Ruby knew, or even suspected, he would be beyond pissed. On the other hand if she told him, he'd no doubt get into bigger trouble by leaving post. The epitome of a 'Catch 22'. And although she didn't want the role of rebound girlfriend she decided that she would at the very least be there for him to help pick up the pieces. As a friend should.

********

Joe's walk back to the barracks was filled with thoughts of how to rectify the situation at home. The problem, as he saw it, was Kenny. He knew neither he nor Kenny were going to change. That left staying away from each other completely as the most viable option. But being married to Kennys sister, that would be a problem. Thoughts of divorce flitted quickly through his mind which he dismissed immediately. This wasn't going to be easy. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Once back, Joe tried to call home again. And got no answer, again. He wondered why. Joe knew Pam was upset but this was becoming disconcerting. Couldn't talk to Pam or the girls. Stuck in the barracks. Thoughts of Lenore he shouldn't be having. He was well outside his comfort zone.

Joe open the door to his temporary digs and there was PFC Gregory.

"What the fuck Farkas!? A man can't go spend a weekend with his girlfriend without you getting into hot water!? Do I need to tether you to my hip dude?"

"Ha! Trouble? Look who's talkin'! Mr. E-3 to E-4 back to E-3 himself! What's up man?"

"Yeah, that filter between my brain and my mouth still needs adjusting, but I feel like I should be the one asking YOU that question. So what's up with this?"

"Nothing really Gregory. Had an argument with the old lady and had to get out and cool down. It'll all blow over. And that filter doesn't need adjustments, it need to be installed, New!"

"It better blow over. I don't live by myself on accident you know. Now I have to share my fine accommodations with you!"

They both looked around the room and busted out in laughter. Gregory was another one the Joe had come to like and trust. And on the up side, Gregory didn't much care for Johansson either. Always a plus.

"Get your shit together Farkas. We'll grab some fine cuisine from the chow hall. My treat."

"Bet! Or did you forget? I'm on separate rats. So yeah, I'll let you pay!"

"Well shit! Open mouth, insert foot. No problem. I got'cha man. Go see if Miles is around, we'll all go together."

"On it!"

The three of them strolled rather than walked to the chow hall. Johansson and Byes were at the front of the line when they arrived.

"Damn Farkas. What did you do to Johansson? He's eye fuckin' the hell out of you." Gregory noticed everything.

"Other than calling him slapnuts this weekend, nothing that I can think of."

"Sweet! Too bad I missed that. Eh, fuck him. He probably deserved more than that."

"Doesn't he always?" Asked Miles.

To be Army Sunday chow, it wasn't bad all in all. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and butter, peas swimming in butter, a roll, for the butter patties by the salad bar, and of course a salad. During the trip back to the barracks they decided to hit the day-room and see what was on TV. Of course Johansson and Byes had the same idea.

"Paradise must be lost." Remarked Johansson. Miles and Gregory knew who the remark was aimed at but decided to let Joe deal with him.

"Johansson, go eat a ten pound bag of dicks. Asshole." Johansson stood up and approached Joe. Byes stood up from his chair. That's when Gregory got involved.

"Byes, if you want to keep all your teeth I'd sit back down." Byes looked at Gregory then Miles and finally at Johansson.

"Go ahead." Said Johansson.

"They won't get involved if you don't. Farkas, what's your problem? I'm just joking around."

"Maybe I don't like jokes about my marriage. Besides, like I said yesterday, it's none of your business. You gonna swing or sit, twat-waffle? Your move."

"I'll leave. There's nothing on anyway. C'mon Byes, let the chumps have the day room."

Miles was laughing from the door way where he had positioned himself as lookout.

"Chumps? That's the best come back you have? You're so lame I swear."

As the two left the day room they made it a point not to touch Miles. Being built like a barrel in the chest had its advantages. Even though he had been right, Joe, Miles, and Gregory still watched a couple hours of TV if for no other reason than to be spiteful. They eventually made their way to their respective bunks and called it a day.

Joe finally nodded off and began the sexiest dream he'd ever had.

He was standing in a pitch black room. In the distance he could hear Pam bitching about something but he couldn't make out what she was saying. He tried to call out but it was as if he had become mute. He couldn't make a sound. He tried to move closer to Pam's voice but each time he thought he had a lock on her direction it would shift. From the rear, no, left side. Wait, from the front. Finding her was getting frustrating.

Suddenly the darkness was replaced by a brilliantly bright, beautiful day. Bright yet not hot. He heard his name spoken directly behind him. He turned expecting to see his wife and realized it wasn't Pam. It was Lenore in a see through white sundress. The contrast of her ebony skin enveloped in the sheer white material was absolutely breathtaking and beautiful all at once. Her nipples threatened to bust through the material, he could just see the hair above her mons. Curly, but nicely kept. His erection was straining against his pants so hard it ached. She reached for him and...

Joe woke up immediately as he ejaculated in his underwear. 'I can't believe I just had a wet dream.' He wasn't really sure what to do but he knew he had to get off that bunk. Gregory was in the rack below him snoring loud enough to wake the dead. Joe had to chance it. He jumped from the top bunk as quietly as he could, grabbed a towel to wrap around himself, clean drawers, and his hygiene kit. He looked at the clock on the desk, it was 0230 on a Monday morning so chances were good that no one was up except the CQ. His luck held out as he made his way to the latrine. Thankfully everyone was asleep. He showered in peace but couldn't get the images of Lenore out of his head. 'This is bad Farkas. Really bad.' Then out loud.

"You've got it bad for Lenore dude. You need to control yourself. Yeah, but you can't control your dreams."

Oh great. He thought. Not only am I talking to my self, I'm answering. I must be losing it. I need to get home, see the girls, get laid by Pam, and have a beer. In that order. I'll be ok after that. Or will I? Ok short term goals. Finish this shower, and conversation, then get back in bed.

Even though he was thinking about the dream when he fell back to sleep he couldn't seem to get it back. But damn it was one hell of a dream!

*********

"WAKEY WAKEY! EGGS AND BAKEY! REVEILLE! REVEILLE! GET OFF YOUR COCKS AND PUT ON YOUR SOCKS! PT IN 15!"

"Fuck! Who does Jonsey think he is, Pope?"

"Couldn't say Gregory. But damn, could he be any louder?"

"Did you go to the latrine and shower earlier? I could have swore you got up about two thirty. Or was that just me dreaming?"

"Yeah, had to piss like a race horse. Figured since I was gonna be there why not."

Joe wasn't about to tell the real reason he'd gotten up. He also couldn't ponder over the dream. At just under 8" but twice the girth of most average men his erections were pretty noticeable. And by whatever fortunate or otherwise draw of genetics his 'bull' scrotum always seemed to draw attention anyway. That in its self sparked more than a couple of arguments between him and Pam. It wasn't like he needed or even wanted the attention. It just happened. There were two phrases he had come to hate hearing from his wife. They were, 'Could you wear your pants any tighter?' and 'C'mon babe, take some out.' He eventually learned to ignore the former and accommodate the later.

Since Pam hadn't packed his PT uniform Joe put on the BDU's she had stuffed in the sack and headed to formation. Several others showed up in BDU's as well so he didn't feel too out of place. After PT came the 'official first formation.' Once First Sergeant Pope had everyone 'at ease' He started the daily business.

"Ok, it's Monday so in ranks inspections, platoon sergeants take care of that. PMCS for fire section, A&T, survey section, and general supply this morning. Afternoon will be mandatory classes. Be in the Battalion classroom at 1300 or I WILL come find you! And you don't want that. The labor day weekend will be next Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Three day week end so if you're planning on being more than 50 miles from post I need your pass requests BEFORE Thursday C.O.B. If you miss the cut off, too bad so sad. You'll stay in the AO. After formation I need to see Farkas, Greene, and Dodds in my office, one at a time. Platoon Sergeants, you have anything? No? Good. Captain?"

"Yeah Top, one thing real quick." CPT. Ronald Brown always had something to say.

"Next Tuesday there will be no PT but at 0800 hours there will be a mandatory Battalion formation and change of command. I expect to see everyone in this Battery with regulation haircuts, pressed uniforms, and spit shined boots. No excuses. Go ahead Top."

Pope called the Battery to attention and turned them over to the platoon sergeants. Once up stairs Joe went and retrieved his essay then waited for Greene and Dodds to finish their business with the First Sergeant. Pope walked into the orderly room and motioned for Joe to enter his office.

"I believe you have somethin for me Farkas?"

"Yes First Sergeant."

"Good deal. Let me see it, take a seat."

First Sergeant began reading as Joe took a seat across from him. Once finished he began counting. If nothing else he was a thorough man. Happy with the essay and the word count he looked up at Joe, then promptly turned and fed it into a shredder page by page.

"Kind of hurt to see that happen, didn't it?"

"It, yeah it did Top."

"Well, what you just felt inside was only a fraction of how I feel when I have to pick up any of my soldiers from jail. I can tell by what you wrote that you feel bad about it, that's good. This wasn't about me missing sleep. It's about you taking responsibility for your actions. And you have. Makes me proud to know I have soldiers with some kind of conscience."

"Thank you Top."

"You're welcome. Now, Wednesday you have a dental appointment at 0800. Wisdom teeth if I read it right. And before I forget. Battalion formation next Tuesday be extra strac. No I won't explain, just do it. Understood?"

"Roger that Top."

"Good. Now get to work private."

Joe ended up walking to the motor pool by himself. Which was fine with him. It gave him time to reflect on the past weekend. As well as gloating on the inside. First Sergeant never lied to his soldiers regardless of the situation. And what he had said to Joe made him feel good.

Also what made him feel good was running the previous nights dream through his mind over and over. Lenores dark skin contrasting with the sheer white material of her dress was the most erotic thing he'd ever seen. And the way she had spoken his name was so life like. Not a whisper but not aloud like normal, it had been something in between. Spoken in a way he couldn't quite grasp. Then there was the matter of his first nocturnal emission. Lost in his thoughts he never heard the car behind him.

"Hey pecker-head! Want a ride or you just gonna walk in the street all morning?"

It was Greene who he thought had left before him.

"Yeah, thanks dude."

"Here, drink this. It's shopette coffee. I think it's been out since yesterday. Fuckin horrible."

"Thanks."

"Yeah. Thank me when it gives you the shits."

"Uh huh. Why'd you have to see Pope this morning?" Joe normally didn't ask about anyone's business but he was curious.

"Orders came in. I'm headed to Germany. The wife ain't gonna like that."

"Why not?"

"Because I put in for an unaccompanied tour."

"Yeah, that'll probably put a burr up her ass."

"Ha! To say the least! Well, time to hit the grindstone."

Unaccompanied tour? Joe didn't understand why people got married just to act like they weren't.

The closer to 1600 it got the more excited he became. He couldn't wait to see the girls. That alone would be worth trudging through the classes that were scheduled for the afternoon. Once all was said and done it turned out that final formation was held at 1530 as opposed to the usual 1600 time frame. Joe looked for several minutes before finding Leon.

"Sergeant Freeman!"

"Private Farkas, there you are. Still need a ride home?"

"Yes sergeant. But I need to get my stuff from the barracks."

"Ten minutes private. You still standing here? Go get your shit!"

Leon hadn't said anything about the moving truck. Even though he and Ruby had driven by the apartment several times on Sunday neither of them saw anyone coming or going. So without definitive proof what was he supposed to say? Joe made it back in 5 minutes.

"Damn Farkas! What, did you run there and back?"

"I did sarge."

"Well, get in. Let's go. Bet you're ready to get home."

"Yeah, really I am sarge."

"We're in the car Joe, you can drop the formalities."

"Just making sure Leon. Prying eyes and ears."

Joe pointed to the front where Johansson and Byes were standing. Leon smiled and waved.

"Bunch of damn weasels. Good catch though dude. Eyes like that maybe you should ask for sniper school."

"Screw that man. Way too much field time."

"Like there isn't in field artillery?"

"Well yeah, but not like infantry. I don't mind going to the field but I don't want to live there."

"I'm with you there. Joe, you know me, Ruby, and Lenore were asked to stay away from the apartment, right?"

"No, but it doesn't surprise me. Probably a Kenny move."

"That's what we were thinking too."

"Don't worry about him Leon. He'll be gone by tonight, if he's not already."

"For your sake I hope he's already left."

As Leon pulled into the parking area he didn't see Kennys car. A damn good sign.

"And Joe, if you need anything. Call us. Don't get stupid. Not again, you don't need that shit."

"I will Leon. I promise."

Joe stepped out of the car and started walking toward the front door of his apartment, and an unexpected new life.

********

On her way home Lenore wanted more than anything to stop by Joe's place. If for no other reason than to be nosey. Wondering if he were alone or with his family. Either way she felt a bit depressed. On the one hand if Pam were still there, that meant he was home with his family. On the other hand if Pam had left he was most likely sitting in the apartment crushed, sad, or angry. Possibly all three. But definitely alone. At one point she rationalized to herself just going to the door to listen. Just to hear what she could. No harm, right? But then she ran the risk of being seen by a neighbor or worse, someone coming out of the apartment. Knowing that she had been asked to stay away she fought the urge to stop with everything she had as she passed the complex where Joe lived. She knew that she would find out soon enough. Maybe Ruby and Leon already knew something. She sped up and headed home. Doing the right thing once again.

*******

Joe sat in the middle of the couch in front of where the T.V. used to be. Over the course of the weekend he had tried to call home no less than a half dozen times. He never suspected that Pam would leave, never entered his mind. He had assumed that she was just mad for punching her brother. He didn't care she had taken everything except the couch and the dining room table and chairs. Those were things that could be easily replaced. Joe walked down the hallway to what had been their daughters room. God only knew what they had been told. He could only imagine that it wasn't good. The more he thought about them the more depressed he became. If Pam wanted to leave fine, go. But the loss of his children was too much. It was all overwhelming. He walked to the middle of the room and began to cry.

  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Not at all surprised Pam left. Lenore need to do the right thing for now and just be a friend to Joe. He need to be focused on finding out where Pam went and getting a lawyer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ignore the haters...

This is a nice story.. a nice build up of characters and events.. keep it coming!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Do it your way.

It seems to be working. This might have been better as a novel/novella, but that is a big undertaking. I refute the above with this: you are keeping it simple, so there isn't a lot to remember. A plot with thirty characters is a lot harder to track.

Your characters are well enough drawn that I know know that there be more than just written porn here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Boring, is he even worried about HIS kids? Doesn't seem like it, how long has it been since she took off with them and only at the end of this chapter he cries about it? why bother rushing to get this out when there won't be more for months. The time between posts breaks the flow of a story and lets face it how many of us are going to go back and reread so we remember whats happened, or in this case that basically nothing happened.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Amy's Fascination Ch. 01 Shy wife is fascinated by black men.in Interracial Love
A Storm of Submission A husbands dominant boss draws the eye of his beautiful wife.in Interracial Love
Bored Housewife, Big Black Coach Becky needs a little excitement in her life.in Interracial Love
In a New Neighborhood Pt. 01 A young couple moves into a less than desirable neighborhood.in Interracial Love
Son's Best Friend Sunbathing mom is surprised by her son's black friend.in Interracial Love
More Stories