Life and Times of a Priestess Ch. 13 Pt. 01

Story Info
Priestess introduced to new sexually open friends.
9.7k words
4.6
5.8k
2
0

Part 28 of the 52 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 06/10/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 13 : NEW FRIENDS IN DUMIS

Part 1

Mireau led her around the dance floor. "There is a friend of mine who wishes to meet you."

"Who is it?" she asked.

"Come and see, you will soon see," he invited her mysteriously.

"How do I know I want to meet him?" she asked playfully, but he had already begun to lead her and she had already begun to follow. She had been introduced to so many people it began to weary her. She could never remember half of their names and most of them meant little to her. She would not see many of them again, unless it was at another dance or party.

"You will want to meet this man when you see him. He is a very entertaining man and very important at Dumisian parties. He engineers a lot of them. And he brings the guests together. He saw you on the dance floor and asked me who you were."

"I feel tired of endlessly meeting people Mireau," she said, "I have met so many and I will never see half of them again."

"Oh but this man is at every party. You are bound to meet him again and again," he said.

"Well then I can wait to meet him at the next one," she said, logically. Mireau knew her well enough now to know that she would argue every point. Her superior logic was always irrefutable, but he knew also that she meant nothing absolutely. Every point was for the sake of argument only. It did not mean she was unwilling to meet this man. Mireau had noticed in her a hunger for meeting people, a curiosity which was rare. Unlike many women he had known this woman wished to meet others not only for personal advancement but for curiosity. She collected information about people avidly, always wanting to know who they were, what status they believed themselves as having, what status they aspired to, were they married, were they happy. She was a great conversationalist, not particularly a story teller or a teller of jokes, but she was kind to people. She wanted to listen and learn from them to draw out of them the details and the attitudes they had within them. She flattered and encouraged them, and as Mireau noted, there was nothing better calculated to win friends than someone with patience and a good ear and a curiosity about the interests of others.

She had something else also which excited people. Beauty obviously, that went without saying. That was the first thing a person noticed when they met her. The males were naturally attracted to her dark hair, her beautiful tanned face with its strong pretty bones and her well proportioned body, neither too tall nor too short, neither too slim nor too heavy.

Mireau had felt the powerful seduction of her body at first sight and could still hardly believe in his good fortune in having been able to enjoy all of its fruits fully and even some fruits which he had never known to exist. He had never considered that it could happen to him at the first. She was Ravelleon's mistress, untouchable, a kept woman. He could not have imagined that any woman would want more than his friend Ravelleon, who personified success and power with good breeding and gentility. But as he had become her companion while her 'master' was away he had come to realise that she, a Priestess of Pirion, could be bored. She had not yet tired of Dumis or Prancir. She was loving the culture change of being hosted as a privileged guest in a strong and foreign land after a period of being a virtual prisoner in her own homeland. But evidently she had been used to the arms of many men in her past, and one man, particularly one who was absent so much, was insufficient for her.

Accordingly she had found a target, namely himself, and seduced him expertly. A target who could be relied on to be discreet and would accept that she could not be his fully, that he would have to share her with his friend. He even accepted that her insatiable lusts might lead her to find other targets in the future. He could not claim her for himself. She was a free bird and he was lucky to have been chosen as a companion even for the short while he had enjoyed so far. Few men could ever have been so lucky as her. He hoped this beautiful free dalliance would persist forever, but even if it had to end tomorrow, he would still be a happy man, not that there was any sign of it doing so.

He drew her over to a small group of men and women who sat at a table beside the dance floor. There were three men and two women. All looked to Danella to be stylishly dressed, comfortable with their surroundings and confident. She had noticed them before, in fact. The men had been engaged in some humour which had set the two ladies to retort with laughter. They made more noise than any other table between themselves. The three men were experienced strong looking men perhaps in their late thirties possibly early forties. All wore moustaches which appeared to be the height of fashion in Dumis, as well as amongst some of the officers she had known in Dalos. Their dinner jackets were well fitted and expensively styled. The ladies were finely sculpted, slim and beautifully dressed in with the wide bustles and corsets of the most up to date styles, hair neatly gathered and tied up with pins. This would be an interesting group to meet there was no doubt, but she was tired. Would she say the right words? Their eyes were upon her, but which was the man who had requested to meet her.

"Danella please meet Mr Valsivar", Mireau gestured at the tallest of the three men. He was dark haired and flashingly handsome.

"I am enchanted to meet you dear lady. I have seen you dancing with Mireau tonight and I think I have seen you elsewhere recently. I wanted to meet you. I forced Mireau to explain who you are and I had to persuade him to introduce us. Please call me Valery, that is my first name." While he spoke his first part of a torrent of flattery and politeness he reached out his hand to hers and gently raised hers to his lips to kiss it, stopping his flow of words only briefly as he kissed her hand. "I must introduce you to my partners," he emphasised the word partners and unusually seemed to include the two women in addition to the men. Danella had noticed that normally women would not be introduced as friends and equals or as business partners in Prancir, unless they were married partners, but in this case all were included together. Mercifully he did not introduce his friends by their full names. Danella would never have taken all of that in. "This is Alfred. He is a director of one of my companies and a very good friend of mine."

"Enchanted also to meet you," this shorter man said, but he was no less handsome than Valery Valsivar. "I hope you will be kind to us and accept a drink with us."

"No, no Alfred, not yet, let me introduce you all, so that the lady can make up her own mind. Whether she would wish to grace us with her presence," said Valery. It might almost have been rude in the high society of Dumis to impose on a female visitor such as Danella references to whether she might consider this group worthy to sit with. How could she refuse when it was put so forcibly. But they did it with such humour, she knew they were not mocking her, but rather laughing at themselves. And yet the question had been asked even before a full introduction had been given. She was becoming used to the polite way in which people in High Society talked. They avoided directness in matters of sexuality and romance often creating very delicate descriptions as a cover for the events or emotions they would really wish to describe. And so intelligent parties would know what was really being talked of but it was kept polite. Similarly it was unusual to put any feeling of obligation onto a person newly introduced. But these people were very direct. She could not help but feel that she was being pressed into a longer conversation with these strangers than she really wanted. On the surface she was free to refuse, but despite the humour of the delivery she might feel obliged to sit with them in order not to feel rude. However they seemed lively and good company. Perhaps she would enjoy sitting with them.

"And this," said Valery, "is Philippe, my lawyer. I use him on all my most important cases, but he is a friend also." Philippe was well proportioned, slim, but not too slim, Danella thought judging by the perfection with which his clothes seemed to hang on him. His face was still boyish and sweet despite his age in his mid to late thirties, a very pretty male face which drew Danella's gaze immediately now that she was made aware of it. He was a very beautiful man, smooth skinned, his eyes flashed and his smile made her heart pump faster with excitement. Her eyes held him for longer than she needed to. She had grown tired of being polite in company here in Dumis where it was considered wrong to look too closely at one's opposite sex, even one's wife should not be stared at in public. With Ravelleon and now with Mireau she could relax and be herself, but even on the dance floor there were limits.

Sometimes when she was on the dance floor, with Mireau tonight, she felt the urge to hold him close and open up his shirt and taste the sweat of his penis, without thought for onlookers. But that was not possible here. She had been raised in a place where that was possible at any time, it was applauded and encouraged by her elders, but Prancir was a nation where all real emotions and physical needs must be hidden. Physical desire could be revealed only subtly. Philippe was the kind of man with rare looks who drew an instant reaction from her. In any ceremony of Pirion where the Priestesses were allowed their choice, which were many, she might have made an effort to choose such as him before anyone else, or to share him. He was the kind of man she wanted to experience quickly while that instant reaction still burned inside her. To miss the simple chance offered would be a great shame. She could not help but let her guard down more than was quite polite here in Dumis. She smiled and opened her mouth in unspoken invitation, her eyes glittered for those moments. She returned his gaze and held if for long enough for him to become self conscious and lower his gaze at her improper onslaught. Nonetheless he smiled back, her reaction noted and understood. He liked her of course, that much was obvious to a woman of Danella's experience with men.

What men had she ever met who did not wish to engage in the pleasures of the flesh with her. She had met a few here in Dumis, in the short time she had been here, who wished to but had taken great pains not to show it. These were men in the presence of their wives, men, politicians and soldiers, who considered her to be Ravelleon's woman, and in deference and loyalty to their General refused to show even a glimmer of interest in her beyond formal flattery or the formality of flirtatious humour. Many of them, despite being in important positions in this society of status, were lonely and shy men who believed a beautiful woman such as her to be beyond their wildest dreams and so had given up or never even begun to try.

Philippe's hair was lighter than the other two men, a light brown which suited his smooth skin, tanned a little by the sun. She thrust her own hand forward to him to accept, and while he had been thrown by her obvious delight in his presence he was socially experienced enough to take up her offer. He too kissed her hand. "I am enchanted also. You are very beautiful." He was not slow to respond. She guessed that unlike most Prancirian men she had met so far, Philippe must be quite experienced with woman. She would have this man soon she promised herself, although she would be sensible to keep her dalliance away even from the liberal Mireau, who nonetheless would be upset. She would not mind trying the other two also. Valery was very handsome also and Alfred's looks were wholesome also. She paused to think. It would be best not to embroil herself with too many men.

Her position here in Dumis was dependent on Ravelleon's favour and she could not ignite his suspicion or excite his anger. These three men might become very jealous of each other. They were Prancirians and she would have to take care not to upset them. It might be difficult to persuade any of them to join her embrace because the men of Prancir took the rules of engagement with women almost as seriously as the women. The other two ladies she was about to be introduced to might be their wives, or if not, at least their mistresses. All these thoughts flashed through her mind at once. Philippe had already invited her into his bedroom by his forthright complement. She would perhaps concentrate her efforts on him alone, but she would have to be so subtle as not to offend Mireau whom she already cared for and loved.

Valery was swift to move on after Philippe's inviting complements, perhaps wishing to forestall any further developments of the flirtation of two so obviously matched. Danella suspected that he wished to complete his introductions before returning to a more interesting conversation dominated by himself. After all it had been he who had noticed Danella and summoned her over. "And this is one of my favourite friends the Lady Arabella. We have been close for many years. We met when I travelled in the Prancirian colonies in the East." Danella noted that the lady had the dark sultry looks she imagined some of the people of the eastern colonies might have. There were some parts of Pirion also where such looks were prevalent. Black hair like Danella's own but the skin was more golden, even brown. Danella was fascinated by the Lady's face now that she was closer. Strong cheekbones and a wide but beautiful nose. She looked young but Danella guessed she was older than most admirers would have guessed. Her hair was pinned up like Danella's, long dark strands falling about the sides of her face which curled as if they had been artificially constructed wrapped and then freed. This gave her a slightly dishevelled look which made her seem free and individual. On most people in Prancirian society it might have drawn too much attention or it might have given too untidy an appearance but on her it made her seem more overtly sexual than the other ladies, unafraid to show her true character. Danella wondered whether she was making too many assumptions.

"I am very pleased to meet you Lady Arabella. You must show me how you do those ringlets. Your hair looks very beautiful." Danella had learned that complements between women were very well liked in Prancirian Society, whereas similar complements towards men were usually judged improper or at the least dangerous or cheeky, even if they were usually appreciated.

"Thank you, I am glad you like them. I will show you how I do them, and even, if you will permit me, I will do them for you. We must agree on a time and place later," said the Lady Arabella. This was a forthright and confident woman. Danella concluded she would perhaps be an interesting person to know better. Her sexuality was very evident to a Priestess used to a people confident about their own sexual nature. In speaking, Arabella had little of any Eastern accent that Danella could trace, although she knew nothing much of the East, and had never yet met anyone from there, not even here in Dumis. The Lady was as Prancirian as any she had met. Her speech was strong and poetic like the best of them.

"And this is the Lady Jeanette. Another close friend of all of us. Although I have not known her as long as Lady Arabella", announced Valery, continuing to play the host.

"You are from Pirion then, my dear?" the Lady asked, although Valery had already announced her to his friends as a Pirionite earlier. This Lady's words were more haughty, and less flattering than the others. She felt she was being judged.

"Yes madam, I have been here in Dumis for only four months." Jeanette was a tall and slim, but well proportioned, woman. Her hair, naturally blonde, was pinned up. Her face was beautiful, intelligent, a little arrogant, Danella thought. "You have joined Ravelleon's managerie then," she queried. Unprepared Danella looked around for a translation. It was not a word whose meaning she could guess and she was trying to avoid pretending that she understood all words now that she had mastered most of the language. She no longer needed to pretend understanding. She wanted to learn new words.

Valery stepped in to help. "A managerie is a collection usually of pets and animals or birds," he laughed good-heartedly at Jeanette's allusion. The others found the allusion funny too. All smiled. "She means Ravelleon has been overseas and returned with yourself, collected from the exotic continents."

"I did not realise you knew I am with Ravelleon here," she said. She had assumed they would imagine her to be with Mireau as they were at the dance together this evening. There was something she did not quite like about being a part of Ravelleon's managerie. She would have to consider the description later. For now she sensed that she was the object of Jeanette's humour and the description was not as kind or polite as she was used to here in Dumis. It meant also that she was known, at least to Jeanette and Valery, by reputation. Possibly Valery had requested to meet her because her reputation had gone before her, and not because he had seen and admired her tonight.

"Well Danella, and you also, Mireau my friend," charmed Valery, "Will you take a seat with us now, for a while at least. We would like to get to know you a little better." Danella was charmed by the man. He was kindly and polite and there was no shortage of words. Unlike most Prancirian men she sensed that this one was not afraid of women at all. Because he was at ease she also felt easy. Of course she wanted to sit with them now that she had met them. Valery, she felt, would be most entertaining, and how could she resist the lovely Philippe. She did not feel quite so sure of the judgmental Jeanette, but she had awakened Danella's curiosity and she admired her refined looks.

Mireau whispered politely to her, "Its up to you." He had been a gentleman in the Vanmarian way since she first met him. It was her decision. There was no sign from him of whether he really wanted to stay here. Probably he was unconcerned. She knew not how well he knew these people.

She turned to Valery, "We would be delighted to join you at least for a while." seats were already being proffered. Danella was to sit in privileged place next to Valery himself. Jeannette sat on her other side. She was mildly disappointed that she had not been placed next to the immaculate Philippe. She would have to wait until later to develop a more personal acquaintance. That was perhaps inevitable any way. She knew that Mireau would not like it if she became too friendly with Philippe so soon, despite his agreement that he would not be jealous of Ravelleon or of any other man who she might become involved with. You could not easily change the cultural conditioning of Prancirian men, she now believed. They were taught to revere women, but when they found them they clung to them possessively. Even if a woman was a mistress or a casual engagement they would easily become jealous when they believed their woman was showing a preference for someone else. Jealously seemed to occur even when there was nothing going on between a woman and another man, which usually was the case in Prancir. Talking to or even just looking at another man could engender jealousy. It was irrational, but in the competitive world of Vanmar when a man had something, he prized it, fought to keep it, even if it did not belong to him. This applied to almost everything, whether land or possessions, money, position and particularly women. Mireau sat between Philippe and the Lady Arabella.

Valery, who seemed very much to be the leader of the group, offered them drinks. There were bottles of wine on the table, doubtless provided by the wealthy man. Mireau declined because he had brought over his drink. Danella liked wine. Drinking was not such a common or important pastime in Pirion as in Prancir but she had often drank wine. In Dumis wine was an essential part of every meal and every social gathering since she had arrived here. She had certainly acquired a greater taste for it than before. Many of the soldiers in Dalos had drunk large quantities of beer and of wine which often led them to behave badly or simplistically at the least but Danella had seen that it allowed them to relax and to forget the war, and to forget the loneliness that many of them suffered. She understood that but she did not have the same need. Her own countrymen and women were contented. They had the freedom of sexuality and the choice of companionship and a greater openness between citizens. None were truly lonely in Pirion, secondly they could express themselves in their own preferred ways in the ceremonies and in more personal meetings and so they did not need to drink in the same way.