Life with: Kiana and Sawyer Ep. 14

Story Info
When the family feuds...
5.4k words
4.77
5.1k
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CoCoNiy101
CoCoNiy101
751 Followers

The baby monitor woke Kiana out of her deep sleep. The piercing cry that she rarely ever heard was pouring into the open space. She woke up languidly to start, but as she realized what had happened a few hours before, she snapped her head off of the couch's cushion and searched around the room.

"Baby?" She called for Sawyer and there was no reply. Just the loud ringing of babies crying. "Sawyer!" Her heart raced. The room was still somewhat dark and she knew it was pretty early in the morning. She looked at the digital clock on the nightstand and it read 7:00am; she'd only been asleep for three hours. She quickly threw on her sweatpants and reached for her jacket hanging on the back of the bedroom door.

She rushed out into the hallway with her keys jingling in hand. Allison was already on her way into the twin's bedroom. She was going to tend to the girls while Kiana slept. She turned around groggily at the sound of Kiana's urgency.

"Where are you going?" She asked. Kiana didn't want to panic her but she had every reason to be panicked. Sawyer, if left alone with Declan, would make this situation a lot more difficult that it already was. Kiana slid past Allison into the twin's bedroom.

"Key, where are you going?" She was a lot more firm in her question that time. Kiana was growing tired of the constant emotional drainage this situation required of her. Her adrenaline was constantly pumping and she was always thinking on her feet.

"I told Sawyer everything last night and I think he went to see Declan." Allison gasped.

"Kiana, he's going to hurt him!" As if she didn't know that already. Kiana sighed and lifted Sydney out of her crib. She instantly stopped crying and Kiana skillfully went for Savannah. She usually loved feeding her girls; it was a great bonding experience and was really intimate in the early mornings. But now it seemed like a hindrance. She needed to protect her husband.

Sawyer could cause enough of a disturbance for someone to call the cops on him. Or worse, he could end up seriously hurting Declan and undermining the trauma Allison had been through. He could complicate everything.

"I know—as soon as I'm done, I'm going to call Xav and go over there." She shook her head, completely unsatisfied with that idea.

"We're going now." Allison was off in a second. Kiana was balancing two babies in her hands with her breasts completely exposed. That made chasing after Allison almost impossible.

"We have four kids! We all can't go." Allison returned with Christine and Sean in both hands. They were still asleep and she was expertly avoiding any pressure on her wrist. Kiana groaned aloud.

She knew there was no way she'd be able to leave Allison home. But Kiana staying home wasn't an option either. Allison could hardly stop Declan on her own so she knew she'd never be able to get Sawyer off of Declan. She didn't have many other options but to take the kids. Maybe Sawyer would be more sympathetic if his kids were there to see him being irrational and barbaric.

"I'm going to finish feeding. Put Sean's car seat in my car and pull up front." Allison was off to do as she asked with her slippers and pajamas still in place.

*

Kiana pulled up to Allison's house with a screeching halt. Xavier pulled up a second later.

"Stay in the car with the kids, please." Kiana begged. Allison looked like she was about to protest but Kiana just sprung out of the driver's seat before she could. She shut the door with a slam. Xavier flanked her on her side and they both raced to the front door.

The feeling that washed over her when she stepped inside would probably last well beyond this situation. She'd never feel the warm and welcoming aurora she once had. She heard banging as soon as she walked through the threshold.

"Sawyer!" Kiana called. Xavier shielded Kiana while he moved throughout the house searching for the source of the commotion. They carefully moved through the living room and into the family room. Xavier extended his arm back to caution her and she noticed a glass vase had fell on the floor and shattered. Kiana was instantly more worried.

"Sawyer, where are you?" Kiana screamed.

The early morning sun shone through in the kitchen's eatery and a stool was missing two legs in the corner while all the dishes on the counter had been thrown to the ground.

"Oh my God," Kiana whispered to herself. She was in the midst of looking around when Xavier took off running. Kiana looked down the hall and saw a glimpse of figures moving around in the laundry room. She followed Xavier there to see Sawyer and Declan struggling to get the upper hand over the other.

Droplets of blood decorated the crisp white floors and there were even some splatters against the wall. Sawyer and Declan fell to the ground and Sawyer managed to end up on top. He pulled his fist back to land it against Declan's face but Xavier wrapped an arm around his before he could. He started to pull and separate the two but Sawyer was high on adrenaline; he put up a good fight.

Declan managed to stand up again and got his posture ready for the next round.

Kiana could tell this had been going on for a while; one of them would get the upper hand, lose it and then they'd start again.

Seeing Declan standing enraged Sawyer enough to break from Xavier's hold and charge at Declan head first. Kiana might as well have been invisible. They collided into the laundry room's back door that led to the backyard. The upper glass portion of the door shattered with a toe curling sound. Xavier struggled to break up the two and Kiana had no idea what her role was in the situation. She didn't think the fight would have been so intense.

Through the opening where glass should have been, Kiana could see Declan and Allison's neighbor on his back porch, peering through the opening with his phone up to his ear. Kiana could only imagine what he thought was happening; a black woman standing in a house she didn't own with a back door broken. She knew the cops would be on their way.

"The neighbors called the cops." She urgently told Xavier. Allison would be upset with everyone if Declan ended up getting arrested before he got a chance to go to rehabilitation. However, Kiana would be upset if her husband ended up getting arrested over nothing. He would definitely be considered the aggressor in a court of law and she didn't need that kind of stress looming over her head. He needed to be home to help her with their family.

"We're all about to get arrested." Xavier screamed to them. He ripped Sawyer off of Declan and used all of his force to try and get them are far away from one another as possible. "Your kids fucking need you both—stop this dumb shit."

Heavy panting filled the space and they were finally calming down a little. Declan was slouched against the wall adjacent from them. His heaving was heavy and his chest rose and fell dramatically. Blood and sweat mixed down his nose and chin and dripped occasionally on his shirt. Sawyer's hair was stringy from the sweat over his body. One of his eyes was already turning purple and he had a split right at the start of his hairline.

"Look at her fucking face!" Sawyer boomed. Declan met her eyes from below and Kiana could see his was apologetic.

"I'm sorry, Kiana." Kiana scowled. He seemed genuine and she wondered if he even remembered anything that happened that night. He probably had no idea what kind of terror he put Allison and Kiana through.

"You need to apologize to your wife." She seethed. Hard running could be heard throughout the house and she knew it was Allison. Kiana was honestly surprised she had managed to stay in the car for as long as she had. She stopped in her tracks when she entered the room. It was completely turned upside down. She took one look at her husband and her jaw dropped.

"Why would you do that to him?! Your own fucking brother?!" Allison lurched for Sawyer and Xavier held her in place.

It pained Kiana to see her holding so much concern for Declan but that was her husband. To some extent, Kiana could see how she could continue to feel the way she did.

"Listen," Sawyer started in a deadly snarl. "If you want to let this dumbass treat you like a human punching bag every damn day, fine. You can sort that out yourselves. But Kiana didn't sign up for this stupid shit. I * love * my wife. So, when she comes home to me with her face fucked up—I'm beating ass. You made a choice to keep dealing with this. Live with it or get out of it—"

"Watch how you fucking speak to my—" Declan found the strength to stand up again. Sawyer laughed sturdily.

"Sorry," He could barely get the words out from all his chuckling. It was out of place and honestly a little eerie. "Maybe I should've punched her in her fucking mouth instead. Would that be any better?"

"Sawyer!" Kiana couldn't believe he was saying any of this. Allison clearly wanted to burst into tears. She was obviously hurt and embarrassed by what Sawyer had said. Kiana was somewhere in between rage and pity. She knew how hard it was for Allison to come to her with this information and she was certain that Allison was now well past the point of regretting she ever did. However, Sawyer was completely out of line.

Allison turned on her heels and jogged out of the room. Kiana could hear her sobbing when she rounded the corner. "You should be ashamed of yourself." She told him. "She's been through so much and she had to make some really tough choices. I don't know why you feel you have the right to make her feel guilty about anything." Kiana tried her best to pull him to the side but she knew Xavier and Declan were all ears.

She grabbed a small hand towel from a folded pile of clean clothes in the corner. She tried to clean the traces of blood on Sawyer's face.

"Your face is why I feel I have that right." He said in reply.

"You don't own me." Kiana stated in a tone to suggest it was common knowledge; a gentle reminder. It was nice that he was concerned with her wellbeing but it sounded as if her thought of her as a damaged piece of property more than anything else.

"Of course I do." He replied on a hiss just quiet enough for them to hear. She searched his eyes for a second and finally realized he wasn't joking. Kiana ground her teeth and threw the towel directly in Sawyer's face with all the force she had.

"You're a disrespectful piece of shit." Kiana barked. Sawyer was in the midst of replying. "I'm not a fucking piece of cattle."

"You need to relax." Xavier stepped in to guard Kiana. He stood directly in his line of vision and blocked her frame from view. Sawyer turned his target sights onto him immediately.

When Sawyer was really worked up, he was oftentimes liable to turn it into a state of mind. In some respects, Kiana was guilty of it too. One thing could make her so angry or upset that it turned itself into a long-lasting mood. She was unfiltered, uncontrollable and vile to everyone just because the adrenaline was still coursing through her body. She could still taste the tremors of confrontation on her tongue. She could see in Sawyer's eyes that he was on an entirely different level and everyone would be feeling his wrath until he calmed down.

"Let's talk about it then, Xav." Sawyer started, his voice calm and mellow as if all were forgotten. He crossed his arms over his chest and took a step in his brother's direction.

"We're not talking about shit." Xavier replied through closed lips. He had a tone of warning and it sort of piqued Kiana's interest the slightest bit. They clearly knew something she didn't.

"Key," Sawyer peered over Xavier's body to meet her eyes. He was smiling. "Xavier thinks he'd be a better husband to you than I am."

Contrasting to all the disarray and chaos happening seconds and minutes prior to that moment, the room was absolutely silent. Kiana opened her mouth and closed it again.

Xavier had always been good to her since the day she'd met him. He was a friend, a protector and her advocate within the family. She had never guessed that he thought of her as anything more than a great sister-in-law.

"Is that true Xavier?" Kiana asked quietly. His back was heaving with deep, staggered breaths and from Sawyer's stance, she knew he was getting gradually more upset. Kiana reached her hand out to place on his shoulder—hoping it would calm him down enough. But when Sawyer braced himself, she knew she was too late. "It's okay," She said honestly. "I don't want any of you fighting anymore. This isn't worth it." And it wasn't. Xavier had a crush on her—a ten year long crush. She wouldn't ostracize him for it even if the situation called for it.

"You want to take her from me." Sawyer taunted lowly. His eyes were wickedly blue and electric. He clenched his fists a few times at his side. Xavier pulled his pants up at the waist and took a reassuring step in Sawyer's direction.

"Yeah, I do." He admitted with unmistaken confidence. Kiana groaned inwardly. "I'd treat her like my wife instead of like my daughter." Now, it was Sawyer's turn to scowl. He bent a bit at the waist and lurched forward to grab Xavier into a tackle. They traveled along the length of the laundry room until they collided with the adjacent wall.

"Sawyer!" Kiana yelled with the depths of her core. Their fighting continued. "If you get arrested today, you will sit your ass in prison until they decide to let you go." She threatened. "You are not choosing me or your kids right now so I'm not spending our money on your fucking bail."

Declan was now on his feet trying to break up the new fight.

"Police!" They had walked through the open door and rushed toward the back of the house. Xavier and Sawyer were tousling on the floor at this point without any sign of stopping. Five officers had come running through the threshold. Three went toward Declan, Xavier and Sawyer in an attempt to break up the fight and place them in cuffs. However, two officers grabbed Kiana by her wrists and immediately twisted them behind her back and against the surface of the washer machine in front of her. She yelled out in pain while her face was flush against the metal surface and that seemed to be what it took to get her husband's attention.

He broke away from the commotion on the other side of the room instantly and tried to claw his way over to her through the barricade of men. Xavier noticed too and they both were trying their best to come to her defense.

"She wasn't doing anything!" Xavier boomed. The officer above her seemed to pause and she took that as an opportunity to explain.

"I was here to help break up the fight!" She tried to stay calm despite the possibility that she may end up in jail alongside her husband for the night. If she got charged with something, she'd lose her job within 72 hours. Her girls wouldn't have either of their parents with them and it would be entirely Sawyer's fault.

The officer ignored everyone's attempt to claim her innocence and jerked her body upwards by the cuffs. She was guided toward the door and she looked back to Sawyer. Two officers had him pinned to the ground but he kept his eyes fixated on her. He looked concerned for her.

"It's okay, Kiana." He called out when she rounded the corner. She must have looked scared and in some respects, she was. She'd try a little harder to explain her role.

"Sir," She started and turned her neck to make eye contact with him. "My husband and my brother-in-law's got into a fight and I was just simply there to break it up—I really didn't do anything wrong." He looked inquisitive.

"One of those men is your husband?" His voice was full of thick disbelief. Kiana grit her teeth at his reply and nodded her head.

"Yes." He looked back to the front entrance. Sawyer, Declan and Xavier were guided out of the house in handcuffs. The officers sat them on the nearby curb.

"Baby!" Allison was in the driver's seat of the van. "Are you okay?" She called out. Declan tried his best to turn to see her but his cuffs restricted his movement. Sawyer's big blue eyes were glued to his wife. Kiana found it hard to believe that he cared so much about her now. She'd begged him to think about her in the moment and then he'd disrespected her in front of everyone.

The rising morning sun really accentuated how terrible they looked; blood was all over their face and clothes, dripping sweat and missing shoes. Kiana looked around the middle-class neighborhood to see that a few neighbors had stepped out to see what was going on. There were over five police cars parked around the home.

"Please let her go," Sawyer asked the officer in front of him. "We have two ten-month-old twins and they need one of us so it has to be her. She just came here to stop us from fighting." The officer looked to his partner in front of Kiana and nodded for him to release her.

Kiana rubbed her wrists and made her final eye contact with Sawyer.

"I'm sorry, baby." He mouthed. Kiana's eyes narrowed to slits as she walked back to her van. She had no room for Sawyer's tired apologizes. He caused all of this and not because he was upset she'd been hurt and scared by his brother but because he felt like her face brought dishonor to his masculinity. He didn't care about her or leaving her to take care of their kids on her own. She only cared about himself and this entire situation proved that.

*

"Allison," Kiana stalked after her. They rode back to the house in silence and once they pulled up, she'd transported Sean and Christine to her car. She was now on her way to pack her bag and leave. Kiana chased after her with her twins on both of her hips.

She completely understood Allison's emotions at the time. Her husband was exactly where she didn't want him to be and Sawyer had made what she considered a small mess, into something beyond her control. Kiana watched her throw her things into her duffel bag in the guest bedroom.

"I know you're upset but everything will be okay." She stormed past her and continued to the bathroom. "They're going to be released and then he can go to rehabilitation like you wanted—everything will be fine." She still continued on without a word.

Kiana felt a surge of frustration.

She'd been the one extending herself out for Allison and he decisions. She'd been there trying to protect and help whenever she could for a woman who made it repeatedly clear she wasn't willing to be helped or protected. Now, Kiana was the one getting the silent treatment.

"Your family isn't the only family suffering right now, Allison!" Kiana called after her just before she was about to return down the staircase. Allison stopped in her tracks. "I risked myself and my husband to help save you and we are under fire too. So, to walk around like you're the victim of something is unfair and untrue; I'm the one who didn't ask for any of this shit. I just wanted to help a friend."

Allison continued her journey down the staircase and Kiana stood in place until she heard the front door slam closed.

*

"Hi, I'm calling about Sawyer, Declan and Xavier Wolfe." Kiana paced around the living room with her phone to her ear. She'd been trying to call the precinct all morning and into the late afternoon without getting through to anyone. At around 5pm, she was finally able to speak to someone who said the three men had been processed but their bails had not been established yet. So now, at 8pm she was calling again.

"One minute." The woman replied mundanely. Kiana bit her nails as she waited.

Despite Sawyer pissing her off and embarrassing her, she didn't want the father of her children sitting in jail. She'd been worried about him all day.

"Okay, so we only have one Wolfe here." Typing could be heard on the other line. "And that is... Sawyer." Kiana's brows furrowed.

CoCoNiy101
CoCoNiy101
751 Followers
12