Light and Dark Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ricrindi
Ricrindi
15 Followers

I shrugged, "If they were going to believe that I wasn't to be touched, I had to prove myself to them."

He leaned back in his chair. "I'd say it worked." I rested my head against the high back of the chair. He continued, "Charles will be here in a few minutes and I will make the arrangements for the warlock. What time is it in Greece?"

I turned my head to face him, "What time is it here?"

He glanced at his watch, "Three in the morning."

I thought briefly, "Ten."

He stood quickly and it caught me off guard and instinctively I surrounded myself with a force field.

"Alexis?"

As soon as I realized what I had done I dropped it and sat up straight. He walked over in front of me, kneeled and put his hands on my thighs. I smiled at him and put my hands on his face. He was worried. "I'm fine, just a little jumpy."

"Are you sure?"

I ran my hands down the sides of his face and put them in my lap. "Yeah. I'll be fine."

He stood and there was a knock on the door. Perfect timing. He walked over to the door and opened it letting Charles in the room. I slumped back in the chair. I wasn't getting up on his account. Charles did a bow of sorts and followed Nicklas to the desk. Nicklas and Charles were communicating between themselves and I was curious, but didn't want Charles to know about Nicklas and I. What the hell, I took my chances and focused on Nicklas. I could feel his breathing respond to me and his mind opened. I was connected to both of them and as far as I could tell, Charles was none the wiser. Charles wanted to know what I was doing in this house and Nicklas told him that I had found the answers we needed. Charles asked again why I was here and Nicklas stood. Charles took a step back and asked why he had been summoned here. Nicklas explained that he would need a warlock to accompany us. A smile flashed across his face and said he knew the perfect one. Either he was blocking his memory of the warlock, or, well I didn't know. He just kept smiling and it was creeping me out. Nicklas must have felt my uneasiness cause he sent Charles off to find the warlock. When Charles was out of the room, Nicklas spoke. "What is wrong?"

He walked back over to me, this time standing in front of me. He was projecting himself again and didn't know it. I took his hand and pulled him down so that he was at eye level. We connected again and he knew I was just nervous. "Why are you nervous? You know where the scrolls are and we will be leaving shortly to get them."

I wasn't worried about that and he knew it. I could feel something was about to happen and I didn't know what it was.

"Nicklas." I sighed, "I'll be better when we get the scrolls and get back to the castle."

He stood and brought me up with him. One of his hands went around my waist and the other to my face. He tilted my head slightly and ran his fingers slowly up my neck. Jesus! I was ticklish there and he knew it. I laughed out loud and tried to push him away. "Would you stop that!"

He smiled, "Now you're relaxed."

I tried to squirm out of his grip, but he held on to me. I dropped my arms and gave up.

He laughed, "Don't put up much of a fight, do ya?"

I tapped into his strength and shoved him backwards. He stumbled backward the two steps into his desk and almost fell over it. I held him up and brought him back over to me. He was still laughing. "Better stop laughing or someone might think you like being beat up on."

I dropped him and he took a large step back and sat on the edge of his desk, holding out his hand. "Truce?"

I smiled at him and put my hand in his, "Truce."

He pulled me to him and kissed me, now this I could do. His tongue gently parted my lips and I opened my mouth and let him in. Our powers combined and I could feel Charles approaching the door. I pulled back from Nicklas and slumped into the chair just as Charles opened the door. With out knocking I might add. Nicklas straightened himself up and turned to Charles. "It has been arranged. He will meet you where ever you need him in fifteen minutes."

Nicklas answered, "Good. Tell him to meet us in," he looked to me for the answer. I replied, "The ruins of Chalcis. He will be able to sense us there."

Charles smiled and turned back to Nicklas, "I've also asked Jackson and Bentley to accompany you."

Nicklas nodded, "Fine. We will meet you at the front doors in a few minutes."

Charles turned and walked out the door. I looked at Nicklas, "He's got something going on."

Nicklas shrugged, "If he does, he found a way to hide it from me."

I stood. "Well we better get going. I've never tried to teleport four people before. I might end up putting us in the middle of the ocean." I laughed at myself. It was a possibility. Nicklas rose and headed toward the door. "Nicklas?"

I felt like, well I wasn't sure, but all of a sudden I started to doubt everything. He turned back toward me, "Yeah?"

I walked up to him, put my hands around his neck and brought him down to me. I kissed him long and hard, putting as much feeling into it as I could muster. I felt him waiver a bit and then his arms went around my waist. I kissed him with everything I had and he returned it. I pulled away slowly and he spoke, "What was that for?"

I smiled and touched his lips. "I just wanted to remind you how I felt."

He smiled and bit at my finger. "I love you too."

I smiled. I loved hearing him say that. I needed to hear him say it. "Come on, we have scrolls to find."

Ricrindi
Ricrindi
15 Followers
1...345678