Lights in the Rift

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Moggers
Moggers
1 Followers

He ignored that.

'This area is safe Sera, Earth-normal atmosphere and gravity which I find unsupportable. There are no grav plates visible for a generated field and this asteroid hass only partial earth mass.'

'They know something we don't Deggi. That's sort of encouraging, providing they stay friendly; notwithstanding, we don't even know who "They" are.'

As I spoke, the outer darker areas of the "room" we were in lit with gentle illumination, revealing a surprisingly large amount of equipment, all of which appeared to be mint condition. I could see no signs of it being any older than yesterday and a good deal of what I could see was strange.

'I cannot identify all of the objects, Sera. More than 90% of what you see is of unfamiliar design and construction; even some of the elements that comprise the sub strata are beyond the known table of elements. I would advise more caution than you used upon your entry. Not all of them appear to be harmless.'

Another rebuke. Damned if he wasn't beginning to sound like my mother.

'Analyse all you can, determine what, if anything, will help. That'll keep you busy, I'm sure.'

'Yes young Sera'

I glanced to the benches nearest our position, noting the glowing hand-print once more, this time on the flat surface of the nearest bench. I moved towards it, and examined the symbols and items around it, gaining little for my efforts.

'This resembles the entry hand print. And it's close to where we stopped on the '"elevator". Another invitation, do you think?'

'Again, I would advise caution Sera. Your last sortie into the unknown via that hand ended harmlessly inside this asteroid. Another such attempt might bring results of a less desirable nature.'

'You should get a job in Insurance, Deggi. The company under-writers would love you to bits, although I'm sure the customers would have a different view.'

'Human companies don't Hire AI's, Sera. We are just tools, … not employees.'

'I give up.' I laughed. 'I should know better than to try sarcasm on an AI.

My hand, close to the print, moved over and into the smooth colouring. Half my HUD panel flashed bright red as Deggi activated all our defences once more.

'Restore your Glove, Sera!'

'Easy my friend, don't want to spook whoever's running this shindig.'

'I must keep you safe young Sera, I feel …'

'Yeah, I know, heard it, save it. Look at that!'

The round metal disc on the floor before me glowed with source less, colourless illumination. More like energy than light…if that made any sense at all. Intriguing … I moved forward.

'Caution Sera… that field is radiating a level 2 quantum energy signature. The energy is not lethal, but it would probably produce a painful tactile response'

'I'll take your word for it, promise' I murmured, withdrawing my outstretched hand.

Colours shifted. A shape solidified on the pedestal. A chair appeared, wide backed, heavy armed and equipped with enough buttons to please the commander of any Battle Cruiser.

'No guesses Amigo, but I'd say that's for me.'

'I suspect you are right in your assumptions Sera. The seats' coverings retain more of the same amino-acids that I detected earlier. From the distribution of the remnant particles and the previous requirement for direct cellular contact, it would appear your anterior surfaces would have to be exposed. I must really advise most strongly against this course of action. Inside the suit, I can protect you. unarmoured and beyond its defensive screens, the scenario degenerates rapidly into the highly dangerous.'

' … Anterior surfaces … exposed … they want me to strip naked and stick my bare butt on it? … Two words … no hints either!'

I regarded the piece of furniture with more than a little hostile suspicion. I didn't like the odds any more than Deggi…and let's face it…it was my arse on the line … literally!'

Curiosity still held the upper hand, however.

'Protocol A1, Deggi. Take control of the suit. Let me out.'

'That may not be enough, Sera. I protest…'

'Noted. Now get on with it, err … What about the Quantum energy. Is that still around? Damned it I'm sticking my tiny heiny on something that's capable of giving me an electronic spanking.'

If it was still there when I sat down, I wouldn't be worrying about my bikini-line for a long time to come. I proceeded to lose what dignity remained as I stripped.

'The energy has completely dissipated, Sera. Once the chair materialised, the energy was gone. I would deduce that this field is a teleporter or some form of matter re-sequencing unit.'

Gingerly I lowered myself to the chair, watching the instruments on the arms closely. They started lighting and changing as I sat, settling into a rhythmic pattern that I immediately related to my heart-beat. The chair was monitoring me, observing my body, scanning me … I don't believe this! I was being checked out by a fuckin' chair … what next? X-Rated lampshades, Edible Cushions?

'Well, that's a hoot. What's it do for an encore? Cook breakfast the next morning?'

The mechanisms of the chair where still in motion. The back of the unit was moulding more closely to my shape and the surface beneath my skin was warming to body temperature. The seat reshaped too, producing a curvature into which both my legs settled, slightly spreading them to a more comfortable sitting position … or so I thought.

A glow, not unlike the quantum field settled over my shoulders and produced a slight pressure downwards. A Pressor-Field, and very well controlled too. Not uncomfortable or painful, even, just holding me in place. I was about to comment on it to Deggi when my next surprise jumped up and bit me hard.

Between my legs a small section of the seat had opened and a probe, penis-like in dimensions and shape aimed itself in the right direction and penetrated me smoothly, filling me completely.

The shock of the unexpected, even though pleasant entry held me for a split second and before I could struggle, Deggi spoke to me. Inside my head. Linked!

'Sera'

'Deggi … is that you? What the fuck just happened? How'd you Link without contact? Why am I having unsolicited sex with an Alien Rocker Recliner? Did you do that?'

The response was shattering. The Orgasm far more intense than I remembered. I wilted.

'Just in case you thought it may not have been me. Convinced?'

'Honey' my mental voice quavered weakly in response 'you keep doing that and I promise I will devote the rest of my natural life to finding a way of returning the favour.'

'From what I have just learned Sera, you may not have to wait quite that long.'

I swear that was a sexy under-tone I heard. Was he getting electronically kinky?

'Learned? Okay, give! What just happened? Apart from you blowing my brains out … again'

'You remember the Community Mind, the CAI you could call it?'

'Of course. Have you found another AI? Is it R'Ghar?'

'In a way, Sera, yes. In a very different way, no. You will be aware that the AI numbers have been decreasing as each of us in turn has been destroyed in battle? With the destruction of the AI Labs on Neptune, no more were ever produced. Now the truth must come out, but only to you, only here, and only because of what must and will now happen.'

'You're scaring me a little Deggi. That sounds a lot like an ultimatum. Care to share?'

'Immediately, young Sera. By your command.'

My body arched convulsively under the mental impact. My senses reeled drunkenly as the ultra-fast stream of information flowed in, threatening to completely overwhelm my logical mind. Images and feeling, flashing diamond-clear razor-sharp thoughts floated past, seemingly solid in their proportions, assuming unitary aspects. I shook myself mentally, trying to some to grips with any part of my perceptions. Gradually it settled, my mind once more asserting control over the flow with an awesome awareness. I could sense all around me, easily … like using a schema unit, but inside my head.

I could also feel them, Petra, Deggi, R'Ghar … And others.

No words, a feeling. No-one spoke, I was welcomed, as if welcome were a blanket you could wrap around you and cocoon yourself in. Safe, wanted and needed by all around you. Like that place at the top of your orgasm where nothing else matters. I was there.

'So many. I had no idea. Are they all here? Where is here? Oh … so many.'

I was truly awed. I knew, without knowing how, the exact number in the Super-Mind. Thousands, upon thousands. And not all AI's. Names I'd heard, historical heroes, combat partners, training friends. All there.

'When one of us fell, the CAI pulled us in, when our partners fell, we helped them inside, when important friends, family fell, we were there, we are here. We ask you to join us, but we ask that you don't stay with us. Your work … outside the Mind, is highly important, both to you and to us.'

'Is that you Deggi? I mean, speaking?'

'Again, yes and no. It is the whole Mind, of which Deggi, I, am a part, and which you now are also a part.'

'So, I will be this powerful being, with the Minds resources, powers, connections, abilities?'

'No Sera' Deggi's familiar tones. 'Outside the mind, you will have contact with us, we can give you information, tell you of threats and situations within our range, but beyond that, your abilities are your own and unchanged. Formidable as they are, they do not make you invulnerable. Should you die, you will join us here, with no chance to affect the physical world, as you do now. We would not like that to happen'

'If you are safe, if no-one knows of you, why do you need me?'

'The Asteroid you landed on is more than it seems. The exterior is in truth asteroidal in origin, but the whole interior is our ship. We hollowed the rock, and teleported the ship inside, an exact fit. The Asteroid itself is from well beyond the known universe, comprised of one primary element that completely masks our presence from all races within the Sphere. Only a conscious effort on our part can make it become visible.'

'So you knew where I was, knew I was coming, what is this, destiny shit or something?'

'Not so Sera. We knew, have always known, of Deggi's location. We knew of his association with you and we were aware of his unfortunate imprisonment within the storage Locker. While there was nothing we could do for him, he was in no danger. Your fortunate rediscovery was our key. We allowed the detection on a narrow vector, aimed specifically at Deggi. We wanted him to find us and we needed him to bring you.'

'Umm, okay, well. Thanks for the invitation … I think. I have to tell you, the work that I'm doing now cannot be put on hold. It is far too involved to cut short and go hairing off across the space lanes in some attempt to save the Universe. For Deggi's' sake alone, I am willing to help, but I must complete what I've started. I've invested more than just money to get where I am. It's cost blood that in every instance was too precious to spill'

'Rest your mind Sera. What you attempt is not going to be interfered with in the least. In fact, you have many of the same goals as do we. The only difference will probably be a lessening of the odds against your probably successes, due to our involvement and commitment to your safety.'

'Argh! I already Have a baby-sitter … Thank You … Deggi manages to drag me through kindergarten once or twice a day. I could do without the odd thousand or so disembodied AI's repeating his I-told-you-so Talents.'

'Your levity is good Sera. Adjusting to the revelation of our presence sits well on your mind, obviously. We feared an overloading of your capacity to accept the change in your status quo. Whilst you may suspect Deggi, and now the Mind, of being overly concerned with your safety or find the suggestions tiresome and our actions deleterious to your works, whatever we do or will do, is driven by a desire at the base level of our programming, immutable, intransient, and unwavering in it's resolve to protect our last best hope for the future … You.'

'Whoa! No pressure … right?' My mind was racing.

'Tell me you didn't just say I'm the only one that can save the Universe?'

'This is ME, remember, how'd I rate the upgrade to hero 'cause I hear they have very short life-spans and an early Check-Out is definitely Not on my To-Do List!'

'Child, we are not disappointed. Deggi has already delivered to us his total conviction regarding the extent of your capabilities. Hero is not what we make you, but what you make of yourself, in the decisions you make, the paths you follow and the rectification of all around you that's wrong. This you do as an integral part of you, Sera. We do not need to lionise you, and the term hero is folk-worship. We deal in facts. We know you will do what you can, and in that doing shall be the realisation of our own goals.'

Ticked off, flattered and promoted, all in one short speech. I can't win.

'No other applicants for the position I take it? Are you sure you're not just desperate enough to scrape the bottom of the barrel?'

'We are sure. Enough stress has been placed on you already. We would suggest some rest. Adequate quarters have been activated at your present location. Please make full use of them Sera. We will speak again soon.'

Quarters? Here? I looked around, noting the fresh set of lights in a cubicle nearby. I didn't mind cramped, as long as they were clean. I entered the sections universal storage bay. Can't go to bed in a Battlesuit, although there were too many days past where the suit had been my only sleeping arrangements. Not as bad as you think. I setup the security routines and carefully put a stop to the downloading of the stored AM Cells. I hate being caught short and if I had to hop in quick, I wanted all my ammo in one pocket. A convenient jumpsuit hung close by, clean and a reasonable substitute for my forgotten nakedness. On the tit pocket … stitched, "SERA" ... nice touch, I smiled.

The suit stored, I passed through the other doorway and got another huge cupful of daily surprise juice. Adequate … Schmadequate. The room was a 5-star admiral's suite, complete with all the trimmings. Soft lighting, fine furnishings. A bed that'd do me for the next solar year, if I ever decided to wake up.

Surprise #2:

He stood across the room, waiting. 6 3, 180, tight, hard, dark-haired … and built! Standard EA jumpsuit. He Spoke.

'Welcome Sera. I hope the quarters meet with your approval. A meal has been prepared for you. There are entertainment discs if you feel the need. It is good to see you personally.'

The comments stopped, the lilt of the Scottish burr still caressing my ears. I stumbled forward, hand extended to a flat palm that stopped on a very solid, and warm, male chest. I looked up into pale-grey eyes filled with … with something, hard to say … whatever it was, it's the look any woman would die for from a hunk like this.

'At the risk of turning me into another sexually-sated mess, is that you, Deggi? You're Human? I thought I'd seen enough already'

'Yes Sera. My abilities have been extended by the Mind. I can now assume a separate form if the need arises. I hope this one pleases you. It closely resembles my creator's body and voice patterns, being a genetic replicant.'

It's real? Oooo …

Who needs a sophisticated scanning array? My eyes and hands were giving me way enough input. He was real, hard, warm and Yummy!

'Pleases me? Damn!, c'mere you!' He leant down a little and opened his arms … like light flowing into darkness, air into vacuum … I went, close, so close, he smelt nice. Our eyes reflected each other, and the kiss that followed was mind-bending, everlasting. Effortlessly he bent in mid-kiss and scooped me up.

Heading towards the bed, he put his mouth closer to my ear and whispered,

'Remember that promise you made about returning a favour …?'

Moggers
Moggers
1 Followers
12