Liliah Willowmist Ch. 05

Story Info
Liliah says goodbye. Corellion is questioned. They set out.
11.4k words
5
2.6k
00

Part 5 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 01/04/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

PLEASE NOTE: This story contains settings, races and other scenery elements created by BETHESDA and the brilliant artist and writers in their employ. They retain all rights to the ELDER SCROLLS universe they created, I am but a humble story weaver.

*****

Chapter 5

The next morning, Liliah slowly gained consciousness, lingering in the foggy place between dreams and awakening, stretching out her leg to rub her foot on Korinne's leg to wake her as well, murmuring softly around a yawn "G'morning Korinne, did you sleep well?" The deep sleepy rumble of a decidedly male voice caused her eyes to pop open with a gasp of alarm as she realized she had no idea where she was, and she sat up and recoiled so quickly that the next sound she made was a squeak of alarm as she fell off the bed, hitting the floor hard with a grunt. Corellion sat up as he heard her cry out, looking around the room in alarm for an intruder or threat, then peering over the edge of the bed cautiously. She was sitting on the floor rubbing the back of her head with a wince, and turned pink as he looked at her demanding "Are you hurt? What has happened."

She cringed a little, chuckling softly "Just my pride mostly...I was not where I expected to be when I woke up. I was startled... and now, just a bit embarrassed...Apologies if I woke you Corellion," she accepted his hand as he offered it, giving him a sheepish smile as she rose to her feet. Corellion chuckled, checking her over to make sure she hadn't hurt herself tumbling off the bed, reassuring her "No need to apologize Lili. I am certainly not Korinne and I can see where I can be quite alarming indeed first thing in the morning." He ran his fingertips gently over the place he had seen her rubbing, his eyes flashing with internal light as he directed a small thread of magicka over the bump that was already beginning to swell, repairing it easily and murmuring "There, it's as though it never happened."

Liliah had frozen in place as he had placed his hand lightly in her hair, looking up at him with mild alarm as his eyes had flashed briefly with inner power, causing the crown of her head to tingle. The sensation was warm, and more pleasant and relaxing than anything else, the pain from landing on her head quickly fading completely. Before she had time to even think of asking what he was doing, it was over and he had pulled his hand away while she stood staring with her mouth hanging open part way. She ran her finger over the spot where moments before had been a painful bump, noting that it was barely even tender though it still tingled a bit.

"That...was incredible...Thank you...will I be able to do that at some point as well?" Corellion turned to find her looking up at him in awe with a starstruck expression and smiled kindly at her, "I cannot think of any reason why not, and given you already have a mindset of one who cares for and about others, I believe with proper training you could not only be a healer, but an incredibly powerful one." His gaze fell slightly to her throat and he nodded adding "But first things first, we will need to go have that removed. In addition to the tracking charm, it also has a rather powerful dampening enchantment. Even someone with my abilities and training would be rendered powerless and unable to access their gift while wearing it."

Liliah's fingers came up to the collar absently, tracing the delicate etched scroll work as she often had done in thoughtful moments, finally looking at the reality that soon it would be gone from her neck. Soon she would be leaving Balmora, possibly forever to travel across Tamriel to the distant isle of Summerset with this odd Altmer who had purchased her freedom believing he was saving her. Soon she would be facing the mer whom had been more of a father to her than her own and telling him she was leaving his home. A lump came suddenly to her throat and her tummy clenched anxiously.

Corellion watched her fingers go to the collar, tracing the etched pattern, and saw the conflicted emotions pass over her face. He reached out, laying his hand lightly on her shoulder and squeezing gently offering in a gentle voice "I will be with you the whole time...Come. Let us call on Lord Hlaalu."

They had circled the room gathering up the few belongings that weren't already in Corellion's bag and left the room, Liliah leading the way down the stairs. The Innkeeper had brightened into a wide smile as he saw Lili come down, but quickly averted his gaze and found something behind the counter to tend to as Corellion had followed right her, locking a glare of silent warning on the Dunmer. Liliah had smiled politely at Vonion, breaking into a full smirk as she saw him pale slightly and become very busy, pausing at the counter to address him "Good morning Vonion. The rooms were very nice... I thought you may like to know." Vonion turned, flashing her a reserved smile and giving a slight nod of his head, stealing a leery look at the glowering Altmer behind her as he replied with carefully selected words, "I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay Miss Liliah, and would be most pleased to accommodate your future needs should you find yourself returning to Balmora someday."

Liliah could barely cover the look of surprise at the full change in tone from the normally lewd, leering innkeeper, and found herself giving him a genuine smile and a gracious bow as she replied, "I can think of nowhere better." As she was turning to make her way to the door he surprised her, his hand shooting out fast as a viper and catching her hand gently in his, causing her to give a startled gasp, whipping her head around. Vonion saw Corellion tense and released her just as quickly holding his hands up at Corellion so he knew he intended no ill, and he reached under the counter pulling out a single red rose and laying it on the counter, meeting Liliah's nervous gaze with a soft gentle look. He cleared his throat and looked almost nervous as he spoke,

"I wanted to apologize for last evening. It was not my intention to scare you. I confess, I have had my eyes on you for years, though before last night I had not the freedom to tell you how exceptional and rare I have always found you, and what fell out instead of what I intended to say nearly got my head removed by your tall friend with the short temper." He stole another nervous look at Corellion, flashing him an awkward smile as Liliah turned back to face the counter, tilting her head in a slight look of suspicion as she cautiously grabbed the rose, mindful of its thorns, drawing the bloom to her nose, giving him a questioning look as he continued.

"I guess what I am attempting to say is that you could stay in Balmora if you wanted. I am not the wealthiest or most powerful Mer in town...and politics may demand I woo the mistress rather than her handmaiden, but I know the greater prize when I see it, and I cannot simply watch you leave without at least attempting negotiations for your hand. As you are no longer a slave and free to make the decision now, I no longer need to negotiate the matter with your mistress and am free myself to approach you directly."

Liliah stared at him dumbfounded for several awkward moments while Vonoin squirmed nervously under Corellion's narrow eyed glare. Finally she shook her head in confusion and asked "Negotiations? Are...are you asking me to marry you Vonion?"

Vonion smiled and nodded, saying softly" Yes, I am, if you would have me, or we could court awhile if you prefer." He reached out again, slower this time, capturing her hand again and running the pad of his thumb lightly over the skin on the back of it, his voice dropping to a low whisper, "I would be a gentle lover and a devoted husband. I'm not rich, but you would be comfortable, well cared for and loved as long as I draw breath. You would be cherished."

Corellion watched the Dunmeri innkeeper with a look of incredulity as he began to understand what was happening, searching the Mer's face for any trace of insincerity and finding none. He remembered what Liliah had said about never being on the receiving end of advances or flirtations because she was a slave, and how such direct suggestions were not uncommon here, but somehow he didn't think that a shopkeeper proposing marriage to a recently freed slave was typical. He looked once more at Vonion, wondering how long the Dunmer had been watching Liliah, begging her mistress to sell him the handmaiden as a wife.

He looked at Lili who turned to looked up at him as though asking what she should do. Corellion shook his head at her holding up his hands as he heard himself say "It is your life, you may live it as you see fit. If this is what you wish to do, I will still escort you to the Hlaalu mansion to have the collar removed if that is your wish, but I cannot decide for you whom to marry or love or what to do with your life... You have the freedom to choose as you will, and responsibility for those choices." He saw her weighing options in her mind, and felt himself holding his breath as much as Vonion was as they both awaited her answer.

She turned back to Vonion giving him a gentle smile, her voice also gentle as she spoke to him, "I would not feel right in this, for your sake. You would be risking the status you have gained, everything you have worked for in a marriage to me, even if I did grow up in the Hlaalu mansion, I am still naught more than a freed slave." Corellion saw her grab the Dunmer's gray skinned hand in both of her smaller ones, holding it between them, and saw Vonion swallow in the face of the rejection, thinking if the Innkeeper had such a thing as a heart, he had likely just seen it break. Vonion nodded slowly, looking up and giving her a sad smile, and Liliah leaned across the counter, whispering something to him, then gave him a beaming smile. He wasn't sure what she had said, but he saw the innkeepers face brighten as he chuckled softly and nodded in response, turning to Corellion and giving an up nod as he said,

"Guard and protect her well High Elf, keep men like me away from her, She is too good for the likes of us,"

Corellion nodded solemnly, meeting Vonion's eyes with a look of sincerity,"You have my word."

Vonion rounded the counter and stepped over to Corellion, peering up at him as if trying to size him up, then flashed him a somewhat unnerving, knowing smile, saying low enough so that Lili wouldn't hear him, "Learn from my mistake Altmer, don't wait..Wait too long for the right timing, and it may become too late before the right moment arrives." He reached out patting Corellion on the shoulder, then turned to Liliah, leaning over and kissing her softly on the cheek before making his way behind the counter again, telling them "Safe travels to you both out there, and if you should happen to see Korinne, send my warmest regards." he gave them both a friendly smile and a respectful bow as they made their way out, and Corellion had to chuckle, finally saying after they had put some distance between themselves and the Inn,

"Well he certainly seemed to perk up in a hurry, what did you say to him?"

Liliah shrugged one shoulder smiling coyly as she said "Oh, nothing much, I just told him that Korinne favors daffodils, and Nordish chocolates..." She flashed Corellion a grin and winked with a soft giggle, and Corellion shook his head chuckling also.

"Am I to understand you...gave him pointers on how to capture your ex-mistress' attention?"

"Amie, that I did, I am sure his disappointment at my refusal will be well forgotten with a little of her attention. He can say as he likes, but she has always been the prize he has wanted most." She smirked a bit, elbowing him gently and asking "And what, if i may ask, did he say to you whilst you two whispered together like conspirators?"

Corellion chuffed softly shaking his head a bit with a shrug, "I don't actually know...He told me not to repeat his mistake in waiting too long, but I don't actually understand what he meant by it, I was hoping perhaps you might have some insight?"

Lilia smirked and shrugged also, "Knowing him, he was probably trying to encourage you to have relations as often as possible while your handsome face lasts and that boyish smile remains effective,"

Corellion raise one of his angular brows, looking down at her in mild surprise, repeating the word "Relations?"

Liliah giggled, adding, "The thing you must understand about Vonion is that there is scarcely a noble family in Morrowind who has not had that Mer in their daughter's bed, and in some families, multiple daughters and even their wives. He was born the son of a stable man, and has since then has moved up in status from where he began with the use of some rather...reputable skills as a lover. The mer is known as a lusty lecher, and his talents have gotten him invited to dinner parties he otherwise wouldn't have been allowed to attend, for the simple amusement of wagering coin on whom would be the target of his attentions."

Corellion looked a little shocked at the thought, murmuring only "Oh...I see,"

Liliah smirked a bit, continuing as they walked "After a while he became known and the game changed slightly to 'Which noble lady will be the first to approach him for a turn?' I was always good at reading the room and picking the 'winner,' and I happen to know that Korinne wasn't one of his sexual conquests, even though he would very much like her to be. While it may be true that I had a place on his to-do list, Korinne is the prize he truly wants..Dunmeris have a philosophy on marriage...Aim up, and who could be higher than the only daughter of the Lord Hlaalu himself?"

Corellion gave a mirthless snort "They have a similar philosophy in Alinor though they waste pages on what you said with two words. As the target on the receiving end myself, your ex-mistress has my sympathies."

It was Liliah's turn to raise her brows in surprise, and she giggled softly, "Perhaps it best I stay out of sight once we arrive on the Isle, I'd hate to wind up the victim of poisoning if they viewed me as competition."

Corellion gasped, hesitantly asking "Is...that a thing that happens here?" Liliah chuckled at his reaction, nodding her head, "Indeed it has before, though nothing I have heard about recently.." His steps faltered somewhat as he gave her a concerned look, "Should I be concerned and checking the content of my glass before drinking?"

Liliah gave him a skewed look that said the question itself was a bit absurd as she giggled and shook her head "Hardly... I was a slave yesterday morning, even if a well known one, and I assure you, for the most part, nobody gives a pile of guar dung that you are stealing me away, other than perhaps Korinne...and her father..."

Her steps slowed as the gate to the Hlaalu mansion came into view and she took a steadying breath. Corellion touched her shoulder gently, giving it a light squeeze of reassurance as he saw her steps falter, staying close behind her as she walked up to the gate guards. As they had approached, the guards looked at Lili, then at Corellion suspiciously, laying their hands on the hilts of their swords as they looked back at Liliah, as though waiting to see if she was in the company of the Altmer by choice, or needed their assistance. She had stepped closer and given a graceful curtsy, greeting them both by name "Good morning Renaud, Turil. Liliah Willowmist, and Lord Corellion Larethlorian of Alinor to see Lord Hlaalu please, if you could let him know we are here"

Turil nodded, replying, "I will let him know you are here Lili...would you like me to inform Korinne as well?" Liliah paused as he asked, finally nodding her head and offering a smile as she replied "Yes...I think I should like a chance to say goodbye.." she said softly.

Renaud sighed softly, giving her a sad sort of smile "So it is true then...you are free, and leaving."

Liliah nodded at the mer who stepped forward and wrapped his armored arms around her briefly, saying "I am happy you are no longer a slave, but it should be said, I don't think there is a soul in this house or town that will not miss your lovely smile and infectious laughter." He gave her warm smile, then looked up at Corellion, saying nothing, but giving him a nod of respect, telling the two "You can go ahead and head in if you like...Lord Hlaalu expected you, and has cleared his schedule for the day. I was instructed to send you in when you arrived."

Liliah gave Renaud a warm smile, stepping in to wrap her arms around him and saying softly "Thank you Renaud...for everything over the years. I will miss this place and all of you as well." He pushed open the gate for them, and she lead the way in, through the main hall and to the room Lord Hlaalu used as his office, stopping twice along the way as a scullery maid and then one of the kitchen servants ran up and hugged her affectionately, wishing her well and telling her how much she would be missed. When she had made her way finally to the door of the study, she looked close to tears, and her hand froze as she raised it to knock on the door. Corellion wrapped his arm gently around her small shoulders encouragingly, raising his own hand to knock on the door.

Lord Hlaalu looked up at the knock, calling out "Come in" as he put his quill back into the inkwell and pushed the ledger away. Liliah pushed open the door and entered, walking to the desk with her eyes down, and giving a low respectful curtsy. Corellion saw the Dunmer smile, his eyes clouding a bit as he saw her, "Liliah child...I had hoped you wouldn't leave without saying goodbye." He rose from the desk, walking around the front of it and taking a knee in front of her her pulled her close in an affectionate hug, rocking her side to side. Lili wrapped her arms around his neck hugging him back just as tight, tears rolling down her cheeks and emotion stealing her voice.

He finally released her, chuckling softly as he pulled out a handkerchief, drying her tears and tipping her chin up to look at him "Come now...None of that. You are free, as you always should have been...I should have done it myself years ago. As it was, I took the only road available to me to bring you here, and there hasn't been a day since when I did not feel the sting of guilt for putting a collar around your neck in the first place. How lovely you have grown..." Lord Hlaalu touched her cheek affectionately, smiling at her with a look that could only be described as fatherly pride.

His hand dropped, the other coming up as he placed one on either side of the collar, his red eyes flashing with power as he directed magic into it, and a small metallic click sounding as it fell open in his hands. He ran his hand gently over her hair, pressing a kiss to her forehead and handing her the collar "You may keep it if you wish, to remember this place. I had Korinne gather your clothing up for you into a trunk, and those are also yours." His voice broke slightly and a tear rolled down his cheek as he smiled gently at her. "I have been blessed to have known you, and watched you grow."

Liliah gave him a warm smile in return, running her thumb over his cheek to brush away the tear then chuckling softly "My leaking eyes seem to be contagious...and I want you to know...it feels less like gaining freedom and more like leaving home. You will always have a place in my heart, and be the face I draw to mind when I think of home and family" Lord Hlaalu smiled, swallowing hard and hugging her again, then rising to face Corellion, pausing a moment to size him up, the emotion vanishing from his face as he looked at the Altmer with a stony expression. He clasped his hands behind himself giving a slight nod of his head as he spoke,

"I take it you are the Altmer who has purchased her freedom?"