Liliah Willowmist Ch. 07

Story Info
Lili breaks from traveling, Corellion has a narrow miss.
9.4k words
5
2.2k
00

Part 7 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 01/04/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

PLEASE NOTE: This story contains settings, races and other scenery elements created by BETHESDA and the brilliant artist and writers in their employ. They retain all rights to the ELDER SCROLLS universe they created, I am but a humble story weaver.

*****

Chapter 7

Liliah woke the next morning to sun streaming in through the windows, stretching groggily with a beaming grin, blinking as her eyes adjusted to the sunlight. She was alone on the bed and the blanket had been carefully tucked around her. She scanned the room quickly, seeing no sign of Corellion, but as she sat up, she noticed a dish of sliced fruit on the table, and a note that had been left with a small yellow flower on the pillow beside where she had been laying. She picked both up, bringing the flower to her nose as she read the short note written in elegant penmanship.

Lovely Lili,

I had breakfast brought to the room and have gone to market for a few items for our journey. The room is ours until mid-day, and I have paid the Innkeeper a few coins to watch over you as you slept and our items if you should finish before I return and wish to join me.

C~

She had hopped out of the bed feeling entirely rested and rejuvenated, dreams of strolling through flowery fields on Summerset Isle lingering with her, even after waking. The dream had been strange, incredibly vivid, to an extent she even now could remember the smell of the sea air mixing with the sun warmed grasses and flowers on the hillside. She put the yellow flower in the pages of her journal along with the note, and grabbed the bowl of fruit, eating several pieces while she picked out something to wear for the day.

She dug through her bag, her fingers pausing as they ran over the dress Corellion had admired the day she'd left Balmora, slowly tracing the embroidered roses on the fabric with a smile, then pulling it from the bag. Grabbing another chunk of fruit from the bowl, she drew water into the tub, adding her usual vanilla oil to the water. She released her hair and climbed into the tub, pulling out a bottle of shampoo that was made with honeysuckle essence and almond oil, washing her long hair carefully, then the rest of her, glancing at the door and wondering how much time she had before he returned from the market.

She considered pleasuring herself to release, but as she lay there in the tub she found herself unable to summon any enthusiasm. She felt different today somehow, the dream she'd had where she said goodbye to Zan and admitted to herself that he had been insincere and he wasn't coming back had changed something in her. He had been the fantasy called to mind for over a month, and now she couldn't bring herself to to seek release to his memory. She sighed, finishing her bath, toweling off quickly and wrapping the towel around her long hair, gathering up her soaps and oils and returning them to her bag, pulling the plug and draining the water.

She dressed in the crimson dress with the roses embroidered onto it, carefully pulling it on over her head and tugging it on, smiling at the sensation as the slippery fabric slid smoothly over her skin. The front of the skirt was accented with gold lacing that ran from just above her knees to just below her rib cage on either side, and designed to leave a strip of skin exposed behind the lacings that held the splits in the skirt together and kept it from being completely revealing.

After the lacings on the skirt were tended, she twisted, trying to reach behind her with a little grunt of effort, remembering with sudden dismay that Korinne had always laced and tied the back for her, and gave a resigned sigh, realizing she wasn't going to be able to wear it after all. She was just about to change out of it and pick a different outfit when the door pushed open and Corellion walked in with a couple of packages in his arms, he closed the door behind himself and turned, gasping as he turned quickly back to face the door.

"A-apologies, I should have knocked before entering..." He stammered slightly, and Liliah giggled, rushing over and dragging him into the room, taking the packages from him and setting them on the bed with a bright smile.

"Pssh, nonsense! Your timing is perfect! Don't suppose you could lend a hand with this could you? I forgot that I needed a bit of help with the back when I put it on..." She reached back, twisting her waist length, nearly black curls quickly and sweeping the twist over her shoulder and out of the way, turning her back to him and craning her neck to look up and back at him hopefully, flashing him an appealing look.

Corellion stared for a moment, looking into her eyes like a startled deer, then blinked and looked down at her mostly exposed back and the lacing hanging loosely through several eyelets, his brows going up with understanding as he realized what was being asked of him. "Gracious..I can see why you would need help. Yes, of course..." He sat on the edge of the bed and drew her closer, examining the garment, then carefully lacing it up the back. As he threaded the gold satin lacing through the numerous eyes, he noticed it was the same dress Korinne had suggested Liliah model for him.

He felt his cheeks warm slightly at the realization and looked down at the way it fit her, from the halter style band of gold trimmed crimson at her slender neck to the way the masterfully patterned design hugged the curvy line of her body. The deep red and gold color of the fabric matched her natural coloring beautifully, making her look even more exotic, and he noticed for the first time that her dark skin was lightly dusted with freckles. He finished lacing up the back, drawing the strings snug and tying the ends securely, trying not to let his touch or gaze linger.

She spun away as he said he was finished, almost dancing as she turned from side to side, then made a full turn so he could see the dress on her, winking and flashing him an almost taunting smile, "There, now we can tell Korinne I have modeled it for you," she said, rolling her eyes and shaking her head with a soft giggle.

Corellion's eyes swept over her as she twisted and spun, and the way the dress moved with her as she did, her long hair hanging in softly waving curls down her back. The daringly split floor length skirt hugged the contours of her thighs and hips, but still left her freedom to move easily, giving glimpses of her tan legs other than what could be seen through laced windows that ran from just above her knees to just below her breasts.

The dress was wickedly designed to draw the eye, the bit of fabric at the midriff contoured to copy the curve of her waistline and the flare of her hips, and the way it flowed into the skirt almost gave it the look of an absurdly fancy, rose embroidered loincloth. The top of the dress was every bit as revealing as the bottom, the shape of the top pushing her large breasts up to a swooping neckline that V'ed dangerously low, held together by more satin lacing. He swallowed as he took in the sight of her, fully aware from the tan skin he could see through the laced windows of the dress that she had nothing on under it.

As she finished 'modeling' it for him, she reached into her bag extracting a couple of combs, her hair brush, and a deep green shawl made of soft silk fibers twisted into fine string and crafted into lace with an intricate rose pattern at its center. She tied the shawl loosely at her hips, then used the combs to pin her long hair back and out of her face, leaving it mostly freed to hang down her back, taking a few careless swipes with the brush before sitting beside him on the bed to pull her boots on.

He followed her through the room with his eyes, looking down as she sat next to him, his eyes falling to her chest and the swell of her cleavage, and he asked hesitantly, "You..don't mean to wear that on the road do you?" She looked up at his eyes and the way they were sweeping over her and smirked, giggling softly and asking in a teasing tone, "Do you think it's too revealing?" She crossed her legs dramatically causing the skirt to travel up her legs, showing off her thighs, then leaning her elbows on her lap and striking a provocative pose that accentuated her cleavage even more, lifting an eyebrow at him, but the mock seductive gesture was ruined as she giggled, shaking her head.

"No, just to market, where I hope to use my visual assets to my advantage in haggling," she said with a crooked smirk. Corellion lifted an eyebrow at the rather devious tactic, chuckling and shaking his head. "You madame, are shameless. I don't think I need even tell you how very unfair that dress is."

She donned a rather convincing look of dismay blended with confusion, saying, "What is that intended to mean? Everything is appropriately covered." Corellion was about to protest when he saw her eyes sparkle wickedly and she winked at him, and he remembered how he believed her a great deal more innocent until just recently himself.

She knew the way men looked at her and wasn't above exploiting it to her advantage. He remembered what she had said about lips loosening in her presence the first night they had met and suddenly was very glad she was on his side. He shook his head again looking her over and chuckling as he muttered, "God's help them all...But we had best get going if we are going to return by mid day,"

Liliah smirked grabbing his hand and dragging him to his feet, flashing him a rather cunning smile, saying slowly, "Now...on the subject of my wages..." Corellion laughed aloud looking at her with great amusement as he asked "Do you intend to use your persuasive powers on me now little handmaiden?" She giggled merrily shaking her head, "Gods, no! I wouldn't dream of attempting to manipulate you in such a fashion," she said giving him a slightly offended smirk, "You, I need but ask," she said smugly, raising an eyebrow at him challengingly as if daring him to deny it.

He snorted softly then chuckled, knowing she was right, and saying, "So, on the subject of your wages?" he asked, compelling her to continue. She smiled and gave him a devious sort of look then asked slyly, "If I were to purchase a few things, would you be willing to deduct it from my earned wages and negotiate traded services for the remainder?" she smirked at him, her expression teasing and full of amusement.

Corellion chuckled as she made the simple request after the dramatic build up, nodding in agreement and telling her, "I confess I haven't a clue how to assign monetary value to most of you services dear lady, so I would likely buy you anything you ask me for, but I would ask you remember that we are carrying whatever you purchase all the way to Auridon afoot."

She giggled softly, her voice dropping to a seductive tone, "And you still haven't even seen all of my many, many, skills," she said liltingly, looping her arm through his.

Corellion escorted her back to the market where he watched her smile and flirt with vendors, leaning in uncomfortably close and charming her way into less than half price on several items including an ornate golden headband, a lighter weight hooded cloak, and a new pair of boots that she had put on right at the stall while the Dunmeri merchant had stared with his mouth agape. She braced each foot on his counter while she was putting them on, thanking the man with an innocently oblivious smile. The mer had grinned broadly and told her the pleasure had been his and sent them on their way, carefully keeping his waist hidden behind his counter.

As they had walked away from the stall she had slipped her hand once more through the crook of his arm and he had leaned over, saying softly to her, "I find myself increasingly grateful you are on my side, especially now that I recognize you as a shark in lamb's clothes," She had flashed him that same 'friends sharing a secret' smile that she had shown him the first night they met, bringing one of her delicate fingers to her soft full lips and winking at him.

After leaving the market, they had returned to the Inn, where the Dunmer at the counter had insisted they had missed the mid-day deadline and demanded they pay for another days lodging as per the check out agreement. As Corellion had been about to argue with the Innkeeper on the integrity of what he was attempting to do, Liliah touched his forearm lightly, suggesting, "We could always stay another night.. Take a day off from traveling? We have been on the road more than two weeks."

Corellion had looked down at her hopefully excited face and then at the face of the stubbornly determined Dunmer, then back to Liliah and had relented with a nod. The Dunmer had made a resentful snorting noise, clearly hoping to double charge them for the room then resell it to someone else once they had left town. Liliah had tucked her hand once more in the crook of his elbow and steered him towards the tavern on the lower floor of the inn dragging him to a table back in the corner. He chuckled softly at her enthusiasm, pulling out her seat for her. She hesitated and seemed surprised by the gesture, quickly flashing a regal smile and sitting gracefully.

She had noticed a great many things about him, but he had noticed a few things about her as well. While she might be entirely used to having men's eyes on her, he was starting to notice that when it came to standard gestures like having her chair pulled out or a door opened for her, she seemed almost awkward, at the very least, unaccustomed. After they had ordered a meal he broached the subject, telling her matter of factly, "You are going to be required to endure a great deal of that if you intend to be courted you know, you may as well get accustomed sooner than later."

She gave a rather inelegant snort, shrugging and giving him a crooked grin, "Nobody has ever paid me much mind before, pardon my cynicism if I fail to believe Summerset will be any different." she shook her head sighing softly, adding, "I have had a whole one interested party, a Khajiit, and even he never deigned to return. And before you go citing Vonion's proposal, it doesn't count if I was naught but a stepping stone to get closer to my mistress." She gave him a gentle expression as though carefully explaining the unfair ways of the world to a child or someone whom had been sheltered all their life.

"Do not misunderstand," She said, shaking her head holding up one of her tiny hands, "I am grateful beyond words for the opportunity, both to travel, and to learn... but do not raise your expectations too high, as you may be disappointed. Some differences are easier to overcome and over look than others. I'm no more an Altmer than I was a Dunmer."

He stared at her a moment, remembering what he'd overheard of her conversation with Korinne, realizing she honestly believed what she was saying. He met her eyes, shaking his head slightly with a look of mild disbelief, asking her, "How can one who recognizes her appeal enough to exploit it to her advantage, truly have no concept of her own worth in this regard," her gestured around the room, "There wasn't a head here that did not turn as you entered." Lilia shrugged as though what he said had little relevance.

"Of course they stared, you are imposingly tall, I am comically short and barely clothed, in something that would likely count as public nudity in Alinor, base upon your expression when you saw it on me." She smirked at him, teasing gently. The smile slipped slightly and she murmured, "There is a great deal of difference between wanting someone and wanting to be with them."

Corellion raised a brow and conceded she had a point with a slight nod, then tilted his head thoughtfully before he said, "Well, You may think me overly optimistic, but I think you are not nearly optimistic enough. You are a Bosmer, true but you are well spoken, and it is apparent from the way you carry yourself to the way you speak, you are leagues more than just some savage wood elf or some common slave or hand servant. Granted, there are a few gaps in your education that will need to be addressed, but I think you will be surprised how easily it comes to you."

He gave her a reassuring smile and he saw her open her mouth to further argue the point, but she paused as their meal arrived, smiling and thanking the barmaid that delivered the plate. He saw her reach out and pick up the napkin, laying it in a graceful gesture over her lap, then she portioned out lunch for both of them, her manners and table etiquette looking more than a little out of place in the already busy tavern.

They ate, mostly saying nothing else till the food was gone, though he saw her sharp eyes travel the room several times, and knew her well enough to know the idly bored expression was little more than a disguise. As lunch came to an end, he asked the barmaid to bring them some wine, asking Liliah, "So...anything of interest?" She turned to meet his eyes with a smirk, answering softly, "Yes actually..." She gestured discreetly around the room to a couple of the tables, then to a pair of men in the opposite corner of the tavern keeping her voice low.

"Alliances forged, infidelity, and betrayal..." Corellion raised an eyebrow, glancing at the people she had gestured to with casual motions of her hands and eyes giving her a skeptical smirk, "You can see all that from here? How can you know such things?" Liliah smirked, leaning in a little, "Body language, the way a person's eyes move, subtle things that people are scarcely aware they even do," she indicated with her eyes back to the table she had pointed to first, "Those two mer are adversaries, look at the way they eye one another, the set of their shoulders, aggressive, assertive, and the drinks before them, why drink with an adversary? Peace perhaps, but no...they speak passionately, but are not arguing, they gesture with their hands but the motions are not threatening, I suspect a shared enemy or mutual interest."

She flashed him a wink, gesturing at a couple lurking in the shadows, "Those two seem quite comfortable around each other do they not? The comfortable close conversation, the touches, affectionate and familiar...However, if you watch, you will note a slight glint of light off a gold band on her ring finger, and they both keep looking over their shoulders," she gestured towards the back of the tavern to a hooded figure at a table, and another dark figure also hooded leaning against a support beam a short ways away, dropping her voice as she leaned in smiling like she was telling him some interesting secret,

"And those two there, I beg you use discretion with your gaze, as nobody was intended to notice that the two are conversing, but if you carefully watch their heads and shoulders you will notice they take turns subtly nodding and making small shoulder motions as each speaks. It suggests whatever they are talking about is serious enough to result in death or ruin, and they very much wish to not be noticed. A personal servant betraying one's master would have need of such secrecy, and it fairly reeks of close personal betrayal and dire consequence."

Corellion looked at her and chuckled softly, following the indicated pairs with his eyes long enough to pick out the things she had mentioned, keeping his glances casual so as to not be caught staring. "Extraordinary, is this something you learned in a class? From Korinne perhaps?" She shook her head, "Not intentionally perhaps, but by bringing me stories of things she knew or suspected combined with decades of watching from a position of neutrality, I started to notice things, readable things." She shrugged adding, "Korinne also admired my ability to read a room, I may have been overlooked ignored and not acknowledged, but only because they didn't realize the how very perfectly I was studying them, or what in fact sort of sordid secrets my studies revealed."