Lilith's Story Ch. 02

Story Info
Pain and Freedom.
2k words
4.47
3.9k
2
0

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 05/16/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello Readers,

Thanks for the feedback and voting. Sorry it has taken so long for chapter 2. I'm still trying to figure out length and formatting. I will try to keep the chapters shorter from here on out since it converts it to one long page. This chapter is not steamy at all, so if that's what you are looking for, I apologise. Sometimes these chapters are needed for story progression. Afterall, I really want Lilith's story to be meaningful. And I appreciate those who are loving her story. Please go and read chapter 1 if you haven't yet and stay tuned for chapter 3. Thank you so much! Much Love to you all.

*****

Chapter 2

Pain and Freedom

A week had passed since my magical night with Michael. I had woken peacefully to find my dress and a white rose lying next to me. He knew how to make me smile. During my solitude I wandered from my cove in search of descent shelter. I needed a place I could stay long-term. It didn't take me long to find a nearby cave. It was along the shoreline, but cut into the rocky cliff face. It was quite secluded. Not a huge cave, but big enough where I could almost stand upright; and fairly deep. There was sand leading up to a layer of cool, smooth rock near the back of the cave. It was a perfect spot for a fire and to make a bed for myself. I layered large palm leaves and animal pelts to make a softer surface for myself. It was my new simple sanctuary.

It was morning and light was filtering into my dark cave. I got myself up, ate some fruit, and munched on some peppermint leaves. I lazily sauntered down to the water. It was cool to the touch. I glided my way into the water and dunked my head under. After thoroughly washing myself clean, I floated on my back for a while. I closed my eyes and let myself drift. I had gotten into a routine and was enjoying my independence and solitude.

I opened my eyes and stared up at the clouds. I imagined Creator and his angels up there staring down at me. My life has been created and orchestrated from the beginning. My role was to help create a new race with Adam. We never succeeded at doing that. We had sex several times but nothing came of it. We fought all the time and sometimes it got physical. I often wondered if Creator made a mistake. Was I a flaw in the design? Were we an experiment? Was this how things were supposed to go? I had so many questions, and no answers. I wanted my own life and to make my own choices, no matter the consequences. I had made my decision and it was time to voice it.

"Creator, I know you can hear me. I've decided. I'm not going back!" I shouted into the heavens. The clouds turned dark and thunder boomed in the distance. My heart leapt up into my throat and I quickly made my way back to the entrance of my cave.

I saw the familiar light descending toward me and I stood my ground. Michael landed in front of me and I smiled ear to ear. My heart fluttered. I noticed his expression was strained and somber. He did not smile that brilliant smile. My happiness switched to concern.

"Lilith, Creator has heard your decision; there will be consequences." His voice was low and troubled as he stared into my eyes with sadness. My heart broke.

"Michael." I reached up and put my hand on his cheek. "I knew there would be. I am prepared. What will happen?" I figured it'd probably be something small.

"Creator has decided to make a new companion for Adam, one made from his DNA. Someone more compliant. He's willing to give you your freedom...for a cost. You will no longer be able to bear children as long as you walk this earth. And...I have to be the one to punish you. I'm so sorry Lilith." He dropped his gaze to my feet.

"That seems extreme!" The anger started to boil in my veins. "To take away any chance I have!" Michael just kept his gaze on my feet. I started to pace in front of him. I looked up to the sky and cursed the heavens. I walked back and forth quickly, thinking about Creator's decision. I was shocked. I wasn't expecting something so serious. I sensed Michael's internal struggle. I knew this was the last thing he wanted to do, but he had to obey his orders or suffer consequences himself. I knew there was no way out of the punishment. I wanted my freedom no matter the cost.

"Ok, I agree to the terms." I stopped and faced him. I placed my hand on his cheek again. "Please...just be quick. The faster this is over, the better." I dropped my hand and stood with my head held high and gazed into Michael's sad eyes. I took a deep breath and nodded firmly.

He stepped up to me and extended his arm out, placing his hand over my womb. "I'm Sorry." I could hear his anguish. I wasn't sure what to expect. White hot light started to grow from his palm and into me. I had to turn my head away from the blinding light. And then I felt the most unbearable pain. I've never felt anything like it. Ripples of sparks went through my entire body. My womb ached and burned like fire. "Aaaaaahhh!" I fell to my knees, grasping my stomach as I cried out.

Michael dropped to his knees in front of me and pulled me into his arms. Tears were streaming down my face. I couldn't move. He wrapped his wings around me as I sobbed. "Breathe!" He pleaded into my ear. I took a few labored breaths and started to calm down.

Gradually coming to my senses, I pushed myself away from him. I needed time to process what just happened. The pain continued to pulse through my body as I slowly crawled into my cave.

"Please...go!" Hot tears fell again, dropping into the sand.

"Lilith...please." He reached his hand towards me and I pushed it away.

"No Michael. Go! I need to be alone." I sobbed.

I watched through blurry eyes as he hesitantly got to his feet. He turned away from me and started walking away. He stopped and exhaled deeply. He was hurt and broken. I had nothing to give him. I was angry and in pain. He hung his head, turned, and looked back at me. His eyes were misty and swirling with anguish.

"Please forgive me." He turned and took off into the sky.

I inched my way onto my furs and wrapped myself into a ball, and wept. I could feel the sadness and anger tainting my heart. It became cold and black around the edges. I sensed it deep in my soul. My pain turned to numbness. I wanted to forgive, I knew it wasn't Michael's fault. Yet, that moment changed something in both of us. We would never be the same.

I laid there for hours and gazed at the outside world, watching the light fade to darkness. For the first time in my short life I felt utterly alone. The weight of my unknown future hanging by a thread. I searched the distant ocean and stars, hoping they would give me the answers I needed. When none came, I closed my eyes and drifted into a restless sleep.

I drifted in and out of consciousness for days. When I fully awoke I looked up and saw that a fire was going and fish was being cooked. Confused, I looked around the cave and saw Michael hovering near the entrance. I shifted and sat up. The pain was dull but still there slightly. He heard me stir and turned towards me.

"You're awake!" He walked towards me and crouched down in front of me. He handed me a coconut to drink.

I gulped the refreshing liquid down. "How long was I asleep?"

"You've been in and out for about a week." My eyes went wide with shock. "Lilith...I know you wanted me to leave. I was away for a couple days, but I needed to make sure you were ok. When I arrived you were hunched in a little ball and moaning in pain. I couldn't bring myself to leave you like that." He placed his palm against my forehead. His touch was cool and soothing.

"I appreciate you looking after me Michael." He dropped his hand, stood and moved away from me.

"Lilith...we need to talk about some things." He turned to face me with concern written on his face. I started to get to my wobbly feet and he came to me in a heartbeat and wrapped his arm around my waist. "Is it ok if I touch you? Just to help you?" Michael asked as he gazed

into my eyes. I nodded and wrapped an arm around his shoulder for more support. He guided me out into the sun towards the ocean and lowered me gently into the sand. "First, you need food. I'll go get the fish. You just relax." He left and returned with the fish. I devoured it and some fruit. I hadn't realized how hungry I was. Michael was sitting politely beside me, staring off into the ocean, not eating. One of his wings was wrapped protectively around me.

"Don't angels eat?" I asked. He turned his gaze on me and smiled.

"On occasion. It's more of a pleasure for us than a need. How are you feeling?"

"Better. Thank you." I smiled back.

"Lilith, I'm truly sorry for any pain I may have caused you. The last thing I ever wanted was to hurt you. It hurt me to cause you anguish. My feelings for you are strong. However, I cannot fully give myself to you. I hope you understand that. I care deeply about you and realize that my feelings have gotten in the way of my duty. I was assigned to you and Adam as your protectors and teacher. I feel as though I have tarnished that. I have decided to take other assignments, for now. I feel I need to distance myself, for both our sakes. I will be looking out for you though, and if you ever need my protection, I will be there." He gazed deep into my eyes. His eyes were swirling bright blue.

"I always knew that your duty is important to you, as it should be. I'm not asking anything of you that you can't give. You didn't tarnish anything. I am in pain and part of me is broken, but I don't blame you. I know it's not your fault. I care about you too Michael. I think It's good for us to have some space. I need time to build my independence and figure out where to go from here...I will miss you though." I reached over and wrapped his fingers in mine. I lifted his hand to my mouth and kissed it gently.

"I will miss you too." He stood and pulled me up with him. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into him. He held me like that for a while. He leaned down and kissed my cheek. "I need to go now. This isn't goodbye. Just goodbye for now." I looked into his eyes and smiled a reassuring smile.

He gently pulled away from me and walked along the beach. He stopped, but didn't look back this time. He flew into the clouds. I stood and watched as he slowly disappeared. I eventually tore my eyes away. I stripped off my dress and walked into the ocean. The water felt revitalizing and cool. I layed on my back and floated. I knew it wasn't goodbye. I would see him again, someday. I needed to figure out who I was and what I truly wanted. Part of me was scared for the unknown, but the other part was excited for what came next. I was free. And knowing that made it all worth it.