Lions of Parnatha Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Medievna
Medievna
118 Followers

"I...feel a bit foolish, then..." I stammered, but it wasn't much of a response. I was honestly unsure of what to say to him, especially while he was busy with my fingers. I wanted desperately to be angry with him, to hate him, to believe that everything he said was just a lie and an attempt to bed me without a fuss.

"You needn't feel that way, Lithana," he said softly. "I knew you would be angry with me. I wasn't aware of just how angry, but I knew what I was going up against." Using my hand to draw me to him, he put his other hand on my cheek and leaned toward me slightly. My breathing was coming hard and fast, and I could feel a warmth growing in my chest. "May I kiss you?" he asked.

I felt myself nod, and watched as his mouth slowly descended on mine. His lips were warm and soft, and he tasted of wine. I felt his tongue flick against my lips, and on reflex opened my mouth to admit him. The kiss suddenly dove into something long and deep, as his tongue swept over mine and his lips locked to me. I felt his hands slide around my waist, drawing me very close to him so that my breasts were pressed against his chest and my hips were nestled against his. I dug my fingers into his upper arms, not entirely sure what I should be doing. The feeling that was flowing through me was delicious and terrifying, and I wanted so much more of it. I leaned further into him and inhaled deeply, letting the scent of him fill my nostrils.

Gaius suddenly lifted me, and I wrapped my legs around his waist to avoid falling. One hand clenching my ass, the other my back, he walked us to my bed and we collapsed onto it. His weight pressed down on me, holding me in place as his hands now roamed over my frame. He seemed to be feeling every inch of me, exploring me. I sucked in a sharp breath when his hands cupped my breasts, gently squeezing them. My nipples rested between his fingers, and he rubbed them slowly, sending an electric thrill from my chest to between my legs. I felt a sharp gasp escape my mouth as my back arched, my hips shifting in slight rhythm beneath him. I was completely overwhelmed with sensations I had never experienced before, and my head was swimming. I almost didn't feel the hem of my shift lift above my hips and Gaius' hand begin a slow traverse to my inner thigh.

Suddenly aware of what was happening, I struggled beneath him and managed to slide from beneath him. My chest was heaving and my face was very flushed, and I eyed Gaius with wild suspicion from where I crouched on the bed.

For his part, the man looked confused and frustrated as he watched me scoot away from him, his piercing blue eyes bright in the candlelight. He huffed a sigh and ran a hand through his hair. "Did I hurt you, Lithana?"

"N-no, you didn't," I stammered in response, looking everywhere but at him. "I just, well I-I haven't ever done this before...and...well I d-don't know if I want to...at all." I glanced quickly at him and saw his brow furrow.

"Lithana, I'm not going to hurt you. I didn't figure you would know what to do, but I am not concerned with that." Sliding toward me, Gaius gently stroked my cheek and jaw, his eyes once again roving over my body. "I have the knowledge for both of us."

The sight of him lying on the bed, his face lustful and his touch seductive, drove me to distraction. His statement, however, about having experience enough for the both of us, struck a chord in me. I watched him continue to slide very near to me for a moment before I spoke my mind.

"Do you have sex with women you don't love very often?" There was an accusation in my tone, and I silently added, 'Because I don't wish to become one of them'.

Gaius paused, hesitating, before he continued to stroke my neck and arms. "Whatever are you talking about?"

"You said you had the knowledge for both of us. I imagine that, given your celebrity status in the Empire, you've been able to bed many women." I eyed him pointedly at this.

Gaius frowned. "That is an awfully unfair statement, Lithana. Frankly my life before you isn't any of your concern."

I was suddenly livid, and I sat up on my heels and glared down at him. "So you don't deny it, then. Well, you'll pardon me if I have no desire to share in your knowledge. I don't want to be another of your meaningless conquests."

Gaius practically gaped at me, confusion clearly written on his face. He obviously had no idea what had happened to suddenly cause my mind to revolt in the face of his advances, but whatever had happened had set me against him. Sitting up as well, he exclaimed, "Lithana, you are my wife!"

"In name only, Master Artigro."

Gaius sputtered as he stared at me, speechless. Then he rose off the bed and stalked from the room, his angry footfalls retreating quickly down the hallway. I watched the doorway for a long time, part of me victorious for having successfully repelled his attempts at seducing me into compliance, but a slightly larger part feeling miserably guilty and wishing he would return. After a while I pulled one of the bed's satiny covers over my shoulders, bunched up a pillow beneath my head, and cried myself to sleep.

Gaius Artigro moaned in pleasure as he rammed himself into the plump ass before him. The sharp, staccato yelps of the servant woman impaled around his cock enhanced his pleasure, and he drove into her with gusto as he neared his climax. Ecstasy coursed through him as he came, and he groaned as his entire body convulsed, his hands gripping the servant's hips flush to his abdomen. Panting heavily, he slid slowly from her and collapsed back onto his bed, letting a light breeze from the open balcony window cool his sweat soaked skin. The servant woman watched him momentarily, her eyes hungry for more, but when he did not move it became clear that his use for her was over. Quietly, she gathered her clothing and left her master's quarters.

The lull of post orgasm bliss quickly faded, and Gaius found his mind once again replaying the scene that had happened earlier in the evening. No matter how many times he tried to make sense of the conversation and events, he was left with nothing but a headache. Rising, he wrapped a linen toga around his waist and left his quarters in search of other company.

He found Aurus still in the banquet hall, surrounded by four naked servant women. He was dozing idly on a chaise, a bottle of port in one hand and a bare ass in the other. Gaius smirked in amusement; the man was truly incorrigible in his appetites, but at least he was easy to please.

Aurus lazily opened one eye and regarded his friend. "Done fucking your new wife already, brother? Surely she was a better lay than that."

"I never made it that far," Gaius said with a sigh, pouring himself a cup of wine from one of the ravaged banquet tables and sitting on a cushion near his friend.

Aurus suddenly sat up, slapped each servant woman on her ass, and told them all to clear out before he decided to fuck them all again until they couldn't walk. They trotted quickly from the hall. Fishing around for another bottle of port, the blond man eyed Gaius with concern.

"What do you mean, you didn't get that far? What did she do, jump out the window or something?"

Gaius shook his head and took a long swig of wine. "I don't know what happened, brother. She seemed apprehensive when I arrived in her chambers, but I expected that. I explained to her that I respect her," this earned a snort of laughter from Aurus, who dribbled port onto his chin, "and that I hoped our arrangement would be, well, a happy one. And then I kissed her, and she..."

"She what? Tried to stab you?"

"No, no. She responded WELL. I thought that she wanted me, she gave every indication of it. But when I tried to touch her, to go further, she panicked and started accusing me of being some lecher who was just using her as another notch in my belt."

Aurus laughed and pointed the bottle of port at Gaius. "Well, you did say you wanted the challenge. Fuck, you'll probably never get laid. Better go find yourself a mistress."

Gaius frowned and sulked, downing the rest of his wine. "It's not really that funny, Aurus. My own wife wants nothing to do with me, in any capacity. I even told her that she was more than just some servant slut, that she was my wife, and do you know what she said? She said, 'In name only'."

Aurus grunted. "So just go back in there and take it. She's not exactly a gladiator, Gaius. Go assert yourself. Hell, your first mistake was telling the wench that you respect her. You stupid prick, you don't tell women things like that. Then they get all these ideas about equality and their feelings and shit." He took a long pull from his bottle of port and belched. "Nope, best to just tell them their place up front and avoid that whole thing."

"If I'd wanted a mindless slave, I'd have picked one of those other spoiled wenches," Gaius growled angrily. "I want a companion, not a warm body."

Aurus considered his friend for a moment before shrugging. "I got no advice for you then, brother. You've clearly misplaced your balls. Look at you, you're lieutenant general of one of the most feared military forces in the known world and you're letting a woman, a TINY one at that, intimidate you and run you ragged."

"I don't know why I bother to talk to you," Gaius muttered sourly. Aurus only laughed.

"Maybe you're looking at it the wrong way." Waiting until he was certain he had piqued his friend's interest, Aurus continued. "If you can't reason with the girl, conquer her. Pull in some of that military genius shit."

"I really don't think--"

"She rebelled against you, right? She claimed you were using her, yeah? So she's probably guarding herself against you, building up her defenses and whatnot." Gaius nodded in agreement, and Aurus continued. "She thinks she can win this battle, that her defenses will hold. So, lay siege to her. Break down her foundations and find her weaknesses. Flank and infiltrate her. And when the moment is right, BAM!" the blond man exclaimed while pounding his fist into his hand, "you conquer her."

Gaius stared at Aurus for a long moment before sighing and shaking his head with a small grin. "How is it I can't get this kind of advice from you unless you're drunk?"

Aurus shrugged. "Just lucky like that, I guess."

I didn't see much of my new husband in the few weeks that followed. We did not stay long at the royal villa, and soon returned to the estate Gaius Artigro rented from his uncle, the Emporer Casero Asteria the Eighth. It was grand and opulent, much like everything else the Empire owned, and I found myself foreign among its columns and servants. I was given a few apartments at one end of the compound, as well as my own staff of servants to attend to my needs. Gaius spent his days elsewhere, and we spoke barely ten sentences to each other.

I spent my time perusing the estate's library and walking the grounds, trying to familiarize myself with my new home. It was, overall, a lonely existence. Gaius did not deign to visit me in my chambers again, nor did he call on me.

I awoke grogily late one night to the sound of feet shuffling across the floor of my room. My eyes were bleary from sleep, and the only light was from whatever drifted in through the windows. Sitting up slightly, I scanned the room as best I could. Nothing seemed out of place, however, so I rolled over and clutched a pillow tightly in my arms.

As I snuggled down into my blankets, a shadow passed between the bed and the light from the window. I gasped and looked up to see a figure standing over me, the glint of a short sword visible in the meager light. There was a flash of silvery steel and the whir of metal cutting through air as the blade descended on me. I screamed and rolled away across the bed and onto the floor, scraping my knee as I landed. I heard my attacker mount the bed, and I scrambled to my feet in terror. Metal whirred through air again, and I felt my night shift catch on the blade as it narrowly missed my shoulders and back. Sprinting, I tore through the curtain that separated my room from the outside sitting room, screaming bloody murder.

There were a few lanterns still lit, and in their light I could finally get my bearings. I heard the curtain behind me open and spun around in time to see a figure clothed in black follow me through the opening. It was obviously a man by his build, and his entire body save for his eyes and cheeks were swathed in black. I saw his eyes glint and knew he was grinning as he began to pace the room, slowly circling me.

I stepped carefully as the attacker hunted me, watching him for signs of readiness to attack again while casting my gaze about for something with which to defend myself. A bowl of fruit sat on one of the low tables, and I stopped behind it, readying myself.

My attacker suddenly charged forward, leaping over a chaise and slashing in a wide arc at my middle. I was ready, however, and I grabbed the shallow ceramic fruit bowl and brought it up to meet the attack. There was a high pitched PING as the sword hit the bowl, and I saw a crack form in the middle; my makeshift shield would not last much longer. This time, the attacker reversed his arm and brought the sword down in a hard arch, intending to catch me in the chest. I brought the bowl up again and felt it crack in two as I stumbled backward. I struggled to catch my footing, but not before throwing both halves of the bowl into the face of my attacker. The first half was easily batted away, but the second half caught him in the brow. He staggered back and shook his head, grunting.

It created enough of a diversion, and I turned and fled from the sitting room down the hallway.

As I ran, I heard sounds of battle from elsewhere in the compound. As I rounded a corner and came out into a courtyard, I saw several guards engaged in a vicious sword fight with several other black-clothed intruders. So we were under attack then, I thought.

Something grabbed my arm, and I screamed and whirled, striking out with my fist. Strong hands stopped me, and I heard a familiar voice yell, "My lady, enough!" I ceased struggling and recognized the hands and their owner as Palos, the captain of the guard at the estate. I could have cried from happiness at seeing him.

"I was attacked!" I exclaimed as he held my hands in his. "Man in black! Sword...tried to kill me!" Somewhere in the back of my mind I realized I was being hysterical, but I was unable to control myself.

"Yes, the entire estate is under attack. Whoever they are, they infiltrated the compound right under our noses--" He stopped suddenly at shoved me aside, almost knocking me to the floor. With a flourish he drew his short sword and drove it forward. The blade sunk into the black clothed man who had attacked me almost up to the hilt. Grunting, he yanked the sword back again, and the attacker fell backward to the floor, a bright spurt of blood shooting from his chest. I felt my stomach turn and leaned against a column to avoid passing out.

There were other guards joining us now, some bloody from battle, and all reporting attacks from all areas of the estate. I listened detachedly to Palos as he began issuing orders, trying to compose myself; I had read about battle and death many times, but I suddenly found it much different from anything that had been described when seen up close. I heard my name, and looked up at the group of guards.

"And take Lady Artigro to the gatehouse. We will fortify our position there and wait for reinforcements--"

"Captain Palos! Captain sir!" A servant came streaking across the courtyard toward us, the front of his shirt streaked with blood. He skidded to a stop before us and panted heavily, trying to speak. "Ambush...! Outnumbered...in the great hall!...Master Artigro is there!"

"Rion's balls!" Palos swore. "That's all the way on the other side of the estate. We can't get there in time to-- My lady, wait!"

Upon hearing that Gaius was outnumbered, something in my mind gave way to insanity. Grabbing the sword of the dead attacker at my feet, I took off across the courtyard toward the kitchens and the great hall, all reason leaving my mind. I saw several servants flee past me, some of them calling my name, but I didn't register them as I tore blindly across the length of the estate.

As I neared the great hall I could hear the furious sound of steel on steel and the curses of men in battle. Whatever was happening was happening fast, and I would need to operate with as much speed as I could muster. I skidded to a halt as I entered the hall, where I saw several black figures battling three men. I quickly counted the combatants; the men were outnumbered by three to seven. One of them was bleeding profusely from a wound on his side, and I recognized him as Gaius.

Gaius Artigro held his short sword up defensively as he, Aurus, and a guard were slowly backed up against a short wall. His eyes looked desperate as he winced in pain, well aware of the blood that was quickly staining his shirt and kilt. This wouldn't be much of a fight much longer.

The attackers suddenly advanced, and there was once again the deadly music of battle in the air. Aurus managed to cut down two of the black figures as the guard wounded a third, giving them some breathing room. Gaius beat back another two with furious sword strokes, giving one of them a fatal slash across the throat. He rounded on the second, not seeing one of the remaining attackers flank him and raise his sword, ready for a fatal blow.

The blow never came, however, and the would-be assassin croaked in surprised pain, looking down to see a sword sticking out through his middle. He slumped to the floor and died, nearly taking the sword's hilt out of my hand. I braced my foot against his body and tugged the blade free as Gaius whirled around to face me, his eyes going wide in shock.

"You should watch your peripherals," was all I could say to him, and he nodded to me, dumbfounded. I heard Aurus laugh, and the remaining attackers were quickly dispatched. I heard guards begin to pour into the hall, and I dropped my borrowed sword, suddenly aware that I was covered in the blood of two dead men. I hugged myself, my stomach souring and nausea swimming through me.

Gaius wiped his blade on one of the black figures and sheathed it, striding over to me. He grabbed my arms and turned me toward him, his face very close to mine. "Are you okay?" he exclaimed, his blue eyes still wild with the adrenaline of battle. "Are you injured?"

"N-no, I'm fine," I mumbled, trying desperately to keep control of my head and ignore the carnage around me. "But you aren't," I added, pointing at the deep slash on Gaius' side. He looked down at it and shrugged, saying something about having had worse.

"Master Artigro, they are routed," came a call from the end of the hall, and a cheer went up amongst the guard.

Gaius grinned and nodded slightly before turning to face Aurus and Palos. "Send word to the garrison about the attack; I want a detachment and an investigator here as soon as possible. And clear out these bodies, they can be laid out in the gatehouse. Make sure they are not touched before the investigator arrives." Turning to me again, he motioned for two guards and told them to take me back to my chambers, instructing them not to leave me alone.

I watched Gaius continue to issue orders and organize the guards as I was led away. Part of me wanted to stay and help, to find out who had tried to assassinate us and make them pay. A much larger part of me craved a bath however, and I was grateful to be rid of the death scene that had spread throughout the estate.

I sat on my bed, staring numbly at the spot where my would-be assassin had stood just a few hours earlier. My hair was still wet from the bath I had taken, causing the back of my night shift to be damp and stick to my skin. As the excitement of the night had left my blood, the realization that I had nearly been killed sunk in, leaving me cold and listless. I wanted to be terrified, or angry, to feel something other than the apathy that had settled into my mind.

Medievna
Medievna
118 Followers