Literotica Authors 06: Blondsubles

Story Info
Interviews with Literotica authors, #6: blondsubles
2.4k words
4.57
8.2k
2

Part 6 of the 13 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 06/08/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I am conducting a series of interviews with authors on Literotica. This is the sixth in the series, with the author blondsubles . I have reached out to a variety of authors, some of who have been on the site for a while, others who are newer, but all write stories that I admire. I hope you enjoy the series; please feel free to send me your feedback, including suggestions of some of your favorite authors you would like to see interviewed. These are the words of the authors themselves; I have only conducted a light edit for formatting, typos, and consistency.

Is there anything about you and your background, beyond what is in your Literotica profile, that you would like your readers to know about you?

Well, I was a military brat, an only child raised by a single parent (my father). I was born in Texas but spent a lot of time in Illinois and Alaska. I met my wife while I lived in Tennessee where I went to college, so I've been all over the place, you could say. I have a B.S. in English. I've been with Rachel for many years and she is the love of my life. I am half Irish (my mother's parents came from Ireland) and half, well, a lot of other things, lol.

Do you remember when you first discovered that you liked reading erotic literature? How did this come about?

Penthouse letters. Back in the day, there was no Internet that provided erotic tales on demand. I found an old magazine in my best friend's brother's room, stole it, and snuck it in to my room . After looking at the pictures, I began to read some of the letters. Most weren't my cup of tea, but a couple of them I really liked. I went to my first adult store when I was 18 and purchased some lesbian novels. Then came the Internet. It was like a whole new world opened up.

When did you first begin writing your own erotic literature? What prompted you to write your own?

In reality, I've only been writing for about two years now. I began on another site, keeping a sort of on-line journal. People read what I wrote and liked it. I read some erotic stories on that site and thought that I could do that as well. So I did, and people liked those too. That encouraged me to write more. Honestly, my first stories were short little pieces that probably aren't that good, lol. But, the great feedback I received really motivated me to keep at it.

You say in your bio, " I love to write scenes, not full length stories as I feel they are more intimate." Can you say a little more about this - what do you mean by "more intimate?"

Okay, I really should clarify what I mean by a scene. To me, it is a single moment in time, very little in the way of plot or character development. It, to me, is the essence of erotica. It's like sitting on a couch, staring at a fire in the fireplace. All your focus is right there, at that moment. A scene is all about the sex. The trick is to make it interesting enough so that people like it. Pieces like "Kristi Kringle," "Baby Teeth," "Shopping," even "A New Experience" is what I consider a scene. It's all about the buildup and then payoff.

Truth be told though, since I've been writing on Literotica, I've gravitated to a more story-based style with multiple chapters. I guess I have a bad habit of ending a scene with a kind of "cliffhanger" ending. The first part of "Mistaken Identity," where Maria finds out it wasn't her girlfriend that she'd just had sex with, is a perfect example. That was supposed to be the cut scene. I really didn't have anything planned after that. But when people demanded to know what happened next, I was inspired to write more. It was my first foray into multiple chapters.

My actual first attempt at a planned multiple chapter series was "Posing." That story actually had a beginning, middle, and end with a plot and character development. Of course, there is "Ebony Seduction" where there are multiple chapters and a larger overarching story line. It's my first attempt at a large story. I really enjoy writing it and am pleased that others like it as well. Maybe, I will go and amend my bio now.

Even though you are relatively new to Lit, you have submitted a good number of stories already and most are very highly rated. What do you think it is about your stories that has attracted so much attention and has made them so successful?

Thank you. I wish I knew, lol! Really, it surprises me somewhat with what readers latch onto. "Housesitting" just hit over 50,000 readers! That, to me, is amazing. And a bit humbling. I suppose it's because I tend to look at writing as a form of art. An artist, whether a sculpture, a painter, or designer, creates beautiful works that people can look at, appreciate, discuss and reflect on. Whether it's good or bad is almost irrelevant.

I look at writing the same way, even erotica. It's still a creation, a work of art that someone has given their time and energy to. One should write to stimulate the senses; that's how I approach my writing. It's a balancing act between what to describe in great detail (the sex scenes usually) and what you can give minimal description to and just let the reader fill in the details as they will. Giving them just enough so that they can picture what you want them to see, but letting them fill in their own details so they feel a part of it. God, I hope that doesn't sound too pretentious.

Most of your stories are in the Lesbian category. Do you anticipate branching out to other categories, and if so, which ones do you think you will try? Why?

Well, I am trying to branch out a little. Unfortunately, my first forays into heteroerotica are not my best works but I knew that would be the case. It's harder to write about something that you've never tried, and I think readers, even those just looking for a quick jolt to get aroused, are savvy enough to see when one is not proficient in the subject matter being written. But I think that it's also important, if one wants to grow as an author, to explore new things and try different subject matters. So, yes, I will be trying other categories.

As for which categories, I will probably try "Transsexuals and Crossdressers" and "Sci Fi and Fantasy" next. I've always loved the idea of men dressing as women and am a rather big fan of fantasy novels. As for the other categories out there, it's hard to say, but I won't rule anything out.

I write prose, it's what I feel most comfortable with. It's really difficult for me to write poetry for some reason. My only foray into poetry came to me while I was taking a shower one morning. It literally sprang, fully formed, into my mind and I quickly hopped out, went to the computer still soaking wet, and typed it out verbatim. I was inspired by two women I'd met online who are very important to me. It's also the only time that's ever happened so the chance that it will happen again is very slim, lol.

What is your typical writing style - do you work in shorter bursts, writing a section of a story and then putting it aside and returning to it? Or do you sit down and write a story from beginning to end? Do you work on just one story at a time, or do you work on multiple stories at once?

Well. I love just sitting down and writing. If an idea comes to me, I have to get it typed out as quickly as possible. That's another reason why most of my pieces are on the shorter side. I never plan anything. A concept comes to mind, then I sit down in my chair and start typing. The characters tell their own stories. I just put it down so others can read it. I've tried coming up with an outline, a logical progression, but I find that I can't follow it at all and I am really wasting my time trying. Also, I do very little in the way of editing, though that is changing somewhat. I don't like making large changes to what I've written because I feel that it takes away from my initial concept. So, little continuity errors or wrong words do creep in from time to time.

I usually only work on one thing at a time. It's important for me to finish creating the scenario that is in my mind's eye before I can move on. Again, it's why I mostly write scenes. After I am finished with that one, I can move on to the next. I don't like skipping around too much unless I find myself at an impasse. Then, I will start something else. It's really what happened to "Ebony Seduction." I wasn't inspired to write the next chapter so I started "Housesitting." I will, of course, go back and finish "Ebony Seduction" when I am inspired again to create more for that series. I refuse to put something out there just for the sake of writing. I have to want it, to feel for those characters, in order to make sure I am doing my best.

I tend to do most of my writing in the morning, it's when my mind is really the sharpest. I am a morning person (which can get on my wife's nerves); I get some of my best ideas while I take my morning shower and that inspires me to sit down and begin.

Most readers read erotica in order to be aroused, and many (hopefully!) are also looking for a good plot. How do you balance the need for plot in your stories with the "hotness" factor necessary to get attention on Literotica?

To me, there are two ways to write erotica. You can either write the sex around the story or the story around the sex. I tend to do the latter as it's usually the sex scene that I've thought up. Then, I just type and see where it goes. If I try to force something, I am usually disappointed in the result. When I just type and let the plot flow out of me, that's when I think I do good work.

With a scene, plot is almost irrelevant. But since I've started writing on Literotica, I've adapted my writing style and delved into multi-chapter series. With each chapter, I try writing at least two sex scenes. This is erotica after all. But, honestly, some of my favorite parts of the stories are the ones where there is no sex at all. The first part of "Ebony Seduction," part 6, where Pam goes to speak with her boss, is, in my opinion, a very good piece of writing and I was extremely pleased with the result.

When you're not busy writing your own stories, what are you favorite kinds of stories to read on Literotica, and why?

Lesbian, of course, is at the top of the list. I check it everyday to see if there is anything new. I love reading first time authors as much as those who have many stories and are polished in their styles. It always fascinates me where people's minds go, how they express themselves, what they think is important enough to put on paper, so to speak. It also helps me as an author to read others works. I am always trying to improve myself and with my chosen craft, there are really only two ways to do that. Write a lot, and read other's stories.

I do like the BDSM, transsexual, and incest stories as well. They are a nice diversion when I want something different.

Many readers wonder about the sex lives of the authors they like reading. Your bio says you are married to your "Mistress/wife." Has this relationship influenced your writing? How? Do your stories and your poem provide a window into your own sexual being that you'd like to share with our readers?

Not as much as you would believe. I am gay so I do write a lot of lesbian stories, but I don't write many BDSM-style pieces even though I am a masochist and that is a large part of my life. Rachel was my Mistress first, then my wife, lol. Some of the subject matters I've written about can get pretty dark. I actually had to rewrite the third chapter of "Mistaken Identity" because the first submission was too brutal. I guess, looking back, there is an undercurrent of submissiveness that subtly permeates a lot of my writing. I am very submissive in nature, so, in a way, that aspect has influence me somewhat. Just nothing too overt. Yet.

Every character I write is a part of me. Writing, to me, is very therapeutic. It allows the author to express herself and different aspects of her life, thoughts, and desires in a way that normally one can't in our day-to-day lives. I love writing about first-time lesbian encounters because I adore the feeling that comes when one finds out that they are in love. I guess I am a romantic at heart.

Outside of your erotica, do you do other types of writing, either for work or pleasure?

Not really. I do occasionally write journal style entries still but nothing too long. I have tried before to write other things but, for some reason, it always turns into erotica, lol.

Any specific advice you would give to authors new to writing erotic literature on Lit?

Please continue to write, even if not many people respond to your stories positively, initially. Go with your gut feelings. Don't try to stick with a formula in writing because what you feel is so much more important. Above all, write what you enjoy, what you would want to read. It will become easier the more you just sit down and type.

Anything else about you or your writing that you would like our readers to know?

I love feedback! I love suggestions! I really appreciate everyone who reads my works, even if they don't like what they read. Any time someone has an idea they would like for me to try, please let me know. I may not use all of them but I do read every email sent to me. Thank you.

Thank you blondsubles!